Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Forgotten World: Mandalorian Empire/Clans of Mandalore Dominion of Nellogant

A Forgotten World
emanshiu-ice-planet.jpeg

System: Senterro System

Planet: Nellogant - 3rd planet from the Binary Star.

OBJECTIVES
Primary Objective: Explore the planet and follow Valdus Bral to where his team found the deposits of valuable materials. If confirmed, then industrialization of Nellogant may proceed.
Secondary Objective: Find signs of civilization, intelligent life, or document wildlife without leaving the main expeditionary formation.
HNPYI3y.gif

A loud crash of metal on metal burst through the corridors and holds of their ship. This sound had repeated and was still continuing through the last several hours. After each ear-straining crash a wash of sound reminiscent of welding torches peered through, only to be promptly drowned out again. The Mandalorians were on the current flagship of the Clan Bral fleet, the factory forge ship Te Kar'ta be Tracyn bal Beskar [The Heart of Fire and Iron]. The two-story power hammer that shaped Beskar and Duranium into plating, droids, and other hardware never stopped its rhythmic assault on the wide beskar anvil.

Fortunate for the ears of the Mandalorians aboard they were not in the factory sector of the vessel as they were not there as employees of clan Bral. Two weeks ago the Mand'alor had put together funds and garnered support for an expedition to a mostly unknown planet near Phaeda. The planet is named Nellogant. A seemingly desolate tundra planet nestled within the outer reaches of the Senterro solar-system, where it is one of three planets. The leader of this expedition, as pointed out in the recruitment noticeboards, is Valdus Bral, Alor of Bral, and the owner of the ship they currently occupied.

According to Valdus Bral's preliminary reports, the planet has deep fissures among the thick nitrogen ice shell. Far beneath the the ice Valdus allegedly found forests of a different kind with a scarce scattering of beasts of odd shapes and personalities. However, the mystical setting was not the reason for the current expedition. Reports of subterranean deposits of valuable metals and minerals had been reported by Valdus and his much smaller expeditionary force. Additionally, the tracks of a behemoth beast with reptilian shaped feet were found by the Bral clan, christened the Nellogant Dragon. Much like the Mythosaur before it, this beast is sure to bring honor and recognition to any Mandalorian or groups of Mandalorians who fell it.

The expedition now finds themselves rocketing into the bleak atmosphere of Nellogant, the Heart of Fire and Iron shaking violently as it breaks through the turbulence of reentry. Several seconds of shaking, fire streaking past transparisteel, and the constant banging of the hammer pass before the ship levels and lands upon the barren ice world. As the windows clear the party can see just what awaits them on the surface. Cliffs and spires of windblown nitrogen ice, an overcast sky, and the dim light of two stars directly above them only provided enough light this day to be called twilight. There is no signs of life, no signs of civilization, only a world forsaken to loneliness and frozen despair.

Words followed over the ship-wide intercom as one of the Bral Clan pilots spoke, " We have arrived on Nellogant. Danger rating: Extreme. Known atmosphere is type three with possible type two. Breathing apparatuses and spare atmosphere for several hours required for exit of the ship. Unknown stability of geological structures. Unknown flora and fauna. Exercise extreme caution. Good Hunting."

With that sound the airlocks engaged at the unloading dock at the front of the ship as a large ramp descended into the hailstorm whipping around outside. The spot lights from the ship shown in all directions, providing only twenty meters of visible distance in any direction. It was clear, whoever passed those lights left safety for the unknown. Nellogant would test their mettle and their resolve, though it will take more than tenacity to get off this planet alive.

Valdus Bral

️ Clan Bral Alor ️| Warlord of Nellogant

bralbar.png

Valdus' right hand gripped the inside of a ring that hung within the airlock, alone among his thoughts while the others were getting ready to depart. He had been standing in the airlock for almost an hour before their arrival. Was he excited to get back onto Nellogant? What was he contemplating? Nothing could be shown by the all concealing helmet. As the ship began to shutter and shake from reentry his grip tightened. He heard the warning, his heart beat increasing, his fist on his shield clenching. He could see on a panel next to the door that read out atmospheric conditions:

Type III - Nitrogen Rich
Temperature - 209C below zero.
Precipitation - Positive: Hailstorm
Then the hatch clicked loudly as the latches unfastened, then the motors brought down the large door. The faint lights of Nellogant and the reflection of the ship's spotlights illuminating a sliver of his helmet before scanning down the rest of his body. Rolling his shoulders and dropping his right hand he lifted his left arm to activate the suit heaters and to keep the servomotors constantly in motion - regardless of his movement. The large Mandalorian descended the ramp into the hailstorm, chunks of nitrogen shattering against his beskar, blowing his Kama to the left as if it were to rip it from the belt that held it on his hips. The lamps on Valdus' helmet switched on and he turned to face the rest of the expeditionary force that would soon follow him out.

When those that would attend finally reached the end of the ramp he'd begin to speak over his comlink , " Undoubtedly some of you have heard about the monster that calls the under layers its home. If any of you seek personal glory over the benefit of the Clans, you will not be let back on my ship. We all work together or we will die on this ice planet." His growling canid voice had no shortage of challenge to it. He would rather get the glory hounds out of the party now before they got the rest of them killed. Nellogant would not be as forgiving as places they had been before. " The planet has no love for life nor do I have any for those that seek to aid it in its goal of ending mine."

Beth carefully placed her buy’ce over head and locked it into place. Testing, testing… Her whole beskar’gam had been replaced after Euceron due to the fall. And thankfully, it seemed like everything was in working order for the Nellogant Expedition. It was going to be… Very cold. The life support systems in her suit should keep her warm long enough.

Hopefully, anyway. Or she’d be in one tough pickle. With a sigh she made her way to the exit – where [member="Valdus Bral"] and the rest of the expedition forces would be. She had her blaster holstered on her side. It was going to be dangerous, as per Valdus said. She wasn’t going to be a front-line combatant, though. She was one of the medics of the expedition, the doctor in charge per se. She was excited for the adventure but nervous of failing. No, she wouldn’t fail. Not this time.

Beth watched as Valdus opened and exited the hatch. She saw the hail bashing against his beskar, the wind pulling and swaying in the wind. In some ways, it reminded her more of a hellish Mygeeto. Ice wasn’t something she feared as she had lived it as a child. Her entire childhood… She shivered as she brought herself back to the present. She carefully stepped out of the ramp and stood behind Valdus as he began to speak.

The pummel of the wind and the hail hit against Beth’s beskar’gam. She nearly tripped before her beskar’s features began to kick in – along with her gaining her balance against the wrath of the planet.

She gave a firm nod. “Will do,” she would say through her comlink. She had no intentions of dying a freezing, cold death here. Heck no. “Which way first? Do we have any intelligence on the surface? Besides... Blistering cold... And hail...

Jahan Lionheart

J
Who was this over sized armored droid to give orders?

A fire burned silently inside Jahans soul as [member="Valdus Bral"] spoke about the expense of being a Glory seeker. Cathar males were always noted to be loyal, fierce and also resistant. There was a reason Male Cathar were never chosen for pit fighting as slaves, Their task masters would loose their limbs. In the same way Jahan was no different. A middle aged lion had a reputation for seeking glory, defiance and fortune. It was this drive that made him so great as a bounty hunter. Now a mandalorian, there were some things to learn that ranked about his old ways.

Some habits died hard.

Mandalorian traditons taught those who followed them to put the family and clan first above all else. Jahan felt as if there was a Krayt dragon named glory in front of him and beside him the expectation to break it and tame the ambition within. Only instead to mount the dragon and ride it till the end of his days. Blinking hard within the security of his helmet the Cathar checked his gear and headed down the ramp. Heavy breaths expelled from his mouth with a rhythm of excitement into and out of his rebreather. The chaos storm of hailstone and ice was the first to hit him as he exited down the ramp, next was the frigid wind, then the bonechill itself that seemed to move through his very being like the ghost it was. A singular shiver over took Jahans entire body, but his will to press on continued and the fire within was fed even more.

" Bit nippy out here." He said over comms and briefly checked his scanner which displayed no signs of life except the party surrounding him. " I'm picking up no signs of life on my scanner but..." An armored hand rested on the Cathars 50. caliber slugthrower. Just by touching it alone he was granted enhanced sight and smell. " I am picking up several scents, they're faint but track able still." He said tilting his head in slightly walking in circles slowly. Several of the scents were interesting but also concerning.

He could fell blood in the far distance. Taking a hand off his pistol Jahan smelt the air again but atlas got nothing. This only meant the scent could be miles away from them or just so happened to be carried on the wind. Either way the hunt would begin.

[member="Beth Cadera"]

Objective:2

Lori had arrived!!!! Or rather, she had arrived earlier. It had been a while since she had been near Mandalorian space, and even longer since she had spent time with her Mandalorian guardians and family. She was ready to pay off her debt to [member="Kaine Australis"] . He had manufactured the Jaster's Sparrow for her AND he had paid for it's upkeep and crew for a year. She had just that time to earn enough credits to pay him back. And she had done so! All without any handouts too!

But of course, given that she was easily prone to distraction, especially those of the adventure kind, Lori just had to join the team. The thought of exploring a new world and discovering new creatures was just too hard to pass up! Maybe she could find a pet? Both her twin brother and her Mom had one. So...it was only fair that she would at least get the chance to look. And of course she asked for permission by her cousin [member="Yasha Cadera"] to attend this adventure. It wasn't as though she was planning on causing any trouble...

As [member="Valdus Bral"] spoke, Lori readied her suit for the ice cold planet. She had her blaster holstered on her belt and her jet pack Ol'Sparky strapped on her back. Sure it wouldn't work on the surface as it was far too cold. But once they got below ground, it could be okay.

~Ohhh...I can't wait to see what the little creatures are like. Hopefully they aren't monsters too.~ Her helmet gave her voice that tinny and metalic sound that always sounded funny in her ears.

Objective: 2 Find the Moss Plants
Allies: [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Beth Cadera"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Adenn Kyramud"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Rapax"] [member="Jahan the Lion"]

Florae. The whisper of previously undiscovered florae was enough for Mand’alor the Infernal to send a mission out to the Nellogant System.

While Captain Girak Kierke led the naval deployment via Yasha’s flagship The Infernal to take control of the system, the botanically minded Mand’alor tossed on her gear and prepared for a pleasant jaunt on a newly discovered world of subzero comfort and joy.

After the ‘Moss’ fiasco, Yasha promised Tuulu to let the scientists divebomb the dirt in any future woes. ‘People before plants’. Did he have to write it on the inside of her buy’ce?

“Unknown flora and fauna, Tuulu! Unknown! This is what we need, new discoveries to fuel our economy and increase our understanding of the galactic biomes!” Yasha bounced up and down on the balls of her boot-clad feet.

“… You are far too excited about the potential for discovering a fungus on dirt.” Tuulu craned his beskar’gam clad head to the side, giving Yasha a pat on the shoulder. “It’ll be the most fortunate fungus to be found, Mand’alor. I’m more excited for the monster. It’s been a while since I’ve stretched my legs.”

Yasha stood at the back of the gathered vode, listening to Valdus’ speech.

“Bit gloomy, isn’t he?” Yasha whispered on her private channel to Tuulu.

“You sound identical, when you’re addressing the Vode.”

“… Oh.” Yasha flicked to the public frequency for their expeditionary force, in time to hear Jahan speak of the cold. “Agreed. I hope everyone is wearing their silicar underlayer?”

Silicar might have been her father Gray Raxis’ greatest R&D success. The material was extremely regulatory for temperature, and although she required further environmental routines in her beskar’kandar, was glad for the familiar warmth. Yasha hang close to her cousin Lori, the enthusiasm of the young Mandalorian an infectious treat for the harsh adventure they were all about to take.

“Make you a deal, Lori. You see any cool plants, you tell me, I see any neat animals, I’ll tell you. Deal?” Yasha patted Lori’s shoulder and stood tall. Yes, it was a good day to be a Mandalorian…

… but it was also jolly cold.

What're you gonna do? Kill me?
Objective: 1 Minerals to Plunder for Mandalore
Allies: [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Beth Cadera"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Adenn Kyramud"] @Aditya Fitz Kierke [member="Rapax"] [member="Jahan the Lion"] [member="Yasha Cadera"]

Sweet swoopy-boops Nellogant is colder than the last weeks of my marriage. Death did part us in the end, and part of me feels bad about it. Ought to do a minute of silence for the man, who gave me Yasha.

… Moving right along!

This silicar material is making me mad. Mad in the sense I wish I’d thought of it first! How dare another engineer have a swell idea, eh? I’m just bitter. Bitter that in order to dive into this resource-discovering adventure I had to don… yes.

It happened faster than I wanted to admit. I’ve had to clothe myself in…

Beskar’gam. Oh woe, tribulations and armour weave underlayers! Best in times like these, I attempt to forget the last months I wore Beskar’gam, Yasha strapped in her birik’ad. The battle of attrition broke my armour down, until there was nigh nothing left of the armour I’d been naively proud of those years ago.

Not wanting to consume myself with thoughts on that Hellacious past, I focus on my potentially hellacious future. Okay, so I spent the last few hours triple-checking every single piece of tech not only I was bringing, but Yasha, Tuulu, Vano, Lori and [member="Adenn Kyramud"], too. Had to be sneaky with his, so he wouldn’t think I… well…

It’s easier to breathe beside him. Warmer, too. That’s it. That’s all it is. I swear. I flick sensors on my HUD to scan the tundra. “Can confirm, multiple radiation point indicative of items of interest. Cross-referencing and sending the data points to all your HUD’s…. now.”

A blue grid should by rights overlay on every Mandalorian’s Heads Up Display of the world around them, dots lining spots in the distance. “We know this ice is going to carry all of us?”

Outside of [member="Valdus Bral"] 's ship, a Night Witch Blackbird flew in formation with the craft. Inside, Laandur was looking at the surface. Worst then arctic chill, type III atmosphere at best, and hail. Sounded like a lovely place if you were a wampa! Actually... even a wampa would think it was freezing. Why the heck did anyone think there was anything here? And why did his commander want him here!? This was stupid! This whole mission was stupid! What was the point of exploring a planet that made Hoth look like Tatooine? Well, [member="Valdus Bral"] must have had a reason for looking at this snow globe of planet. From the cockpit, he looked down at the group.

"Ok. Someone explain to me again why were on this ice ball?"

[member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Jahan the Lion"] [member="Beth Cadera"]

Primary Objective and also, protect important individuals
Nellogant, the hell planet in Senterro. It was recently discovered by Clan Bral and was supposedly rich with resources. An expedition had been set up by said Clan, and funded by the Mand’alor herself. They were to go to Nellogant and find those resources, all so that the Clans of Mandalore could use them in the future.

Adenn was on the flagship of the Clan Bral fleet, having opted not to come with his own Clan in tow. He didn’t want to appear rude and as if he were taking their glory from them. During the trip to Nellogant, Adenn had read up as much on it as he could. However, he didn’t find much seeing as it was only recently discovered. The reports that had been taken however, were not that nice. The planet was cold, and there were beasts that supposedly roamed the planet, or at least the underground portion.

How that happened was beyond Adenn, especially with such strange beasts. One such beast was nicknamed the Nellogant Dragon, a massive reptile that hadn’t been spotted yet, only its tracks. Such a massive beast was bound to bring glory and honor to the one who took it down, and Adenn had decided that he may be the one, or at least one of, the ones to do so. That’s why he had brought Gunner with him, so that they could hunt together once more.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The words of the Bral pilot reached Adenns ears within his temporary quarters. What information was given in the pilots’ report was slightly worrying. Shaking the feeling off though, Adenn made his way out of his quarters and towards the rest of the people assembled near the airlock. Already several people were there, Adenn spotted those he knew first, [member="Valdus Bral"], [member="Beth Cadera"], [member="Yasha Cadera"] and the icing on the cake, [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"]. While there were also some he didn’t recognize ([member="Jahan the Lion"], [member="Loreena Arenais"]).

For now, ignoring the rest of the people, Adenn made his way towards Aditya. Earlier she had checked his gear, something she tried to be sneaky about, but Adenn still noticed her. Well, the camera that Adenn had set up within his room noticed her. At the time that she had entered his quarters, Adenn had been in the shower. A fact she had hopefully not noticed, as she could’ve seen his face then, and much more. Shaking his heads from these thoughts, Adenn looked at Aditya standing there.

She was standing slightly away from everyone, seemingly in thought, a perfect opportunity for Adenn. Sneaking up to her, Adenn poked her sides, right where the armor wasn’t. Grinning behind his helmet, Adenn switched to the other side and patted her shoulder before speaking.
Why hello beautiful.” Looking her up and down, he chuckled lightly. “I didn’t expect to see you in beskar so soon. Though I must say, I like the look.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometime later:
Glancing at the panel next to the door, Adenn involuntarily shivered. That was extremely cold, and to top it off, there was a hailstorm out there. Deciding to think of other things, Adenn made his way down the ramp with everyone else, but directly nextnear to Aditya.. Immediately he was hit by several chunks of hail, they shattered against his armor but left some light scars. Oh well, more to talk about later.

When Valdus began speaking of the beast, Adenn growled lowly to himself. A shame, he couldn’t go hunt it, so hopefully it’d come to them. Oh well, it was probably for the best that they all stuck together. Sighing to himself, Adenn sent a confirmation light that he’d heard Valdus and that he’d follow his lead. Adenn didn’t really pay attention to people complain about the cold, and only noted what some of them said about scents and the environment.

Looking around, Aden noted how broken and hostile the landscape looked. Being next to Aditya, he heard her speak about radiation and some other stuff. Smirking to himself, Adenn glanced at her before using his own HUD to scan the surrounding area. Then, speaking only to Aditya,
I’m glad you checked over my armor. Everything’s much clearer now. Let’s me see you in higher definition.” A smirk was evident in his voice. Then he looked down at the ice before kicking it. It cracked slightly, but otherwise held. Speaking then so that everyone could hear. “The ice seems brittle, and could easily break in some places. Best be careful were you walk vod.

[member="Laandur Solus"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Jahan the Lion"] [member="Beth Cadera"] [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="The Skald"]

Cassiopeia stared as the group began to congregate at the exit of the ship. She heard the creaks and grinding of the hatch being opened. She stared for a moment as she thought. How many years had it been since she’d been on an expedition? She wasn’t in the Ramikadyc’yaim. No, she was in a dangerous, freezing, liquid nitrogen world full of likely monstrous creatures and death awaiting them.
She sighed as she began to walk towards the rest of the group, which had began to congregate outside and await further instruction from [member="Valdus Bral"]. Cassiopeia? She chose to stick with [member="Yasha Cadera"] on this mission. Perhaps going onto a hellscape planet wasn’t the smartest idea as her reemergence into expanding the Clan’s borders.

Nonetheless, here she was. She stepped out and immediately noted [member="Loreena Arenais"]. They hadn’t formally met, but she had heard all about her through Yasha and the family. “Welcome, Loreena! We’re glad to have you with us,” she said with a smile – which, she realized after smiling that Loreena wouldn’t even be able to see it. Pah, oh well. She crossed her arms as she steadied herself from the wind, hail, and cold as she stood beside Yasha. Two verpine pistols were holstered on her sides, along with a generic sword that was rested on her back. Just in case. She recognized several of the people there, but likewise there was new faces.

This is what happens when something goes very wrong in planetary development,” she muttered more to herself – but was likely heard from the rest of the group.

Valdus Bral

Location: Surface of Nellogant - Traveling towards the Canyons

bralbar.png

Valdus looked around at those who were gathering and watched them as they asked their questions and made their comments. He stayed quiet for a while as they watched and tested their surroundings. " This ice runs deep enough in most areas to cover the largest buildings on Mandalore and what isn't that thick is capping lakes of liquid nitrogen. Where we are right now is safe." He paused, waiting to see if he had everyone's attention before he continued. " You're wondering what is here and where it is? My vod and I found large deposits of Iron and some veins of Tydirium ore. According to some of them there were geological markers that show the planet is capable of containing Zersium and Phyrikite. If you don't know the importance of those then let me quickly explain." He looked around once more, gathering his thoughts.

" Tydirium is an essential component that is used in combination with Phyrikite to create the valuable metal Phrik. The presence of both materials on one planet is extremely rare and, while they may not be present in the same amount, there should be enough to boost what is available to the Clans." He then turned from them and looked out towards barren land shrouded in a hailstorm. " As for where these materials are ... it's down. The fissures in the ice lead to a place that defies my understanding. A forest with scarce amounts of life. Of course that is a long journey down. We have previously marked the way we had taken with specialized beacons. With the use of my modified electrobinoculars -" Tapping the helmet mounted binoculars." -I can see the path as thin pillars of light. I am not sure how many beacons are still functioning nor how stable the ice bridges and caverns will be or if we will stumble across any of the animals. I do know that if any of you wander off too far, you may be lost to us."

He then turned back to the group before continuing, " You are following a man you may not know into a frozen abyss with the promise of a land pulled from a legend. This is your last chance." He then turned from the group once more and began to walk out into the shadowy hailstorm. The large boots cracking ice beneath him as he strode from the light.

Objective: 1

CIGBeBx.jpg

Tarre looked with hardened eyes out to the frozen hell that was placed before him as he walked in formation with his fellows. He was used to this sort of thing. Mandalorians were not exactly known for taking the light ended jobs. The Alor of Clan Saxon listened carefully as his peer from Clan Bral finally gave more in depth mission details. The explanation gave the old man a chuckle.

"So, you mean tell us that we'll have access to both phrik and beskar? The Jedi are gonna need to change their robes." Tarre seemed to smirk from underneath his helmet.

He had made a great decision with his armor years ago. When he was a younger man, the Gulag Plague rampaged the galaxy. In his preparation, he added an air filtration system into his armor. While against the Plague, it would ultimately prove useless, it helped here. The toxic atmosphere was made breathable for the time being. The copper-colored Alor looked around to the other members of this expedition. Mostly young folk, which was nothing much to say from a man reaching a century in age. He scowled under his helm at the sight of the Infernal's mother, however. An unholy abomination resurrected by that Sith warlock. The idea gave nothing but repulsion in his heart.

He had his two blaster pistols out as a precaution. A hellish world tends to breed hellish things. And at least one of his compatriots was deemed untrustworthy. It would be foolish to let one's guard down in wither case. He would see what the ice would bring...

A Forgotten World: The Frozen Divide
ice_planet_2_by_alexson1_d8grmm6-pre.jpg
HNPYI3y.gif
Those that would choose to follow [member="Valdus Bral"] despite the Mandalorian's best efforts at dissuading those still on the fence would soon find that the light from their ships faded quickly, becoming totally obscured by the hail that fell like a never ending barrage.

Regardless if one should choose to follow [member="Valdus Bral"] or not, an inescapable sense of subtle heaviness would press down upon their mental state. Those who were upbeat and cheerful would soon find holding that same optimism difficult. Those who were wary of the planet would begin to feel a growing sense of paranoia. This could be easily explained as the emotions of a rational person on a planet such as the one they were on or any number of ordinary reactions.

The party would soon find themselves presented with a fissure, a crack in the dense shell of the planet's ice covered exterior. One could try to jump across it if they would dare a jump five meters in distance. The length of the fissure ran into obscurity on both the left and the right with no end in sight. If one were to peer down or try to see through the darkness they may see large bridges made of eroded ice, caused by erosion from particles carried on wind even more fierce than that upon the surface, as far down as they could see before the uneven canyon walls blocked their view. These bridges were random, some lead up, some lead down, some were broken, and some lead into other bridge formations. Some of the bridges looked very thin at there middle, while others seemed thick and durable, and the net they created would bar any vehicle to pass through it unscathed.

Where [member="Valdus Bral"] had stopped was a bridge that lead downwards and then under another bridge before terminating at the opposite wall of the fissure. That bridge then lead down towards other structures that hugged the canyon wall. All in all, this would be an obstacle course involving slippery surfaces, high winds, and a potentially life ending fall. The depth of the canyon at this point could potentially be calculated with proper equipment to be roughly two kilometers deep. No signs of plant or animal life were present within the observable canyon - it was just as desolate as the surface. The walls of the canyon were extremely thick, though crevices and cracks could be observed within the canyon walls.

Objective:2

Lori looked way up to [member="Yasha Cadera"] and grinned beneath her helmet. ~Oh that's a great deal! I hope that we're both successful. But if not, then hopefully one of us is. Then it'd still be a great day!~ She patted her cousin's arm, which felt so awkward given that they were both fully clad in suits to protect them from the cold and danger.

Her attention turned to [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] , whom she didn't recognize the voice of. But still, it was nice to be welcomed. ~Thanks!
It's been a while, but I was kinda busy. War sort of got in the way. But it's over now! So now I can catch up with the rest of my family.~
The war over Commenor may be over, but that didn't mean that everything was peaceful. Her Mom was in jail and her Dad spent most of his time with the Silvers. Of course he had invited her to go too, but she had other things to tend to as well. Just when it seemed as though she was about to walk on any one path in life, something happened to steer her in another direction. It was as though the Force was as uncertain about her future as she was.

As they walked in the bitter cold and ice, Lori felt her mood shifting. Maybe it was just too cold and windy. Or maybe they were just walking for too long. Either way, she was starting to feel claustrophobic in her armour. ~I wish that I could use my jetpack. My feet are getting sore! But the fuel will just be slushy right now~ Lori was almost certain that she could hear the ice crystals sloshing about in the fuel tanks strapped to her back.

~Are we there yet??~

No sooner did she utter those words that the whole company seemed to stop. She peered through the group of explorers and saw parts of the ice bridges. Not to mention the big fall.
~That's a long way down...~

Allies: [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Beth Cadera"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Adenn Kyramud"] @Aditya Fitz Kierke [member="Rapax"] [member="Jahan the Lion"] [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] [member="Tarre Saxon"] [member="Yasha Cadera"]

“Bantha poodoo!” If I could leap, I’d have leapt out of my beskar skin when Adenn jabbed me. “You have a death wish, Bucket!?”

Why is it hard to be mad at this guy? Ugh. Okay Aditya, science. Rationality. He talks to me. Treats me like I’m not some Sith Lord’s suspicious gift basket.

“Subzero environment… deadly lizard monsters… potential for freezing my patoot off before you show me your face… odds were this was the place. Besides! Science! New material hunting! I’ve got my mining company assets in orbit, waiting for the word. A new chance to make something, you know?

And make sno-cones out of your smug juicy mug. How could I turn the opportunity down?” The wry smile I have in my gam flashes underneath the blue force field protecting me from the elements. At least my eyes are hidden.

And the hail fizzles off my gam. Another grin. Take that, ice bombs! The only positive use of flying ice shards is landing in my drink on Noasis… huh. Wonder if I could… ooo! Idea!

I start scratching data into my wrist-comp, mocking up with my fingers, and a stylus I pulled from my wrist. If I carry the 4 and change the ionic charge…

“Check your… Kyramuddy I did no such check! Not a one. Nothing! How could I, you were out of it and it was just sitting there, and okay it took me two minutes, your engineer is a noob.” I huff a sigh, looking at the man, who seems steadfast in egging me on. “Enjoy the HD. It’s all you’re getting…”

Bral started up again, and it’s blah blah danger, rah be careful, brother mandos, tydirium. Aha! The best part of this ice ball. Phrik. I rub my hands together, excited to work with my favourite material.

“Ooohohohoh honey pie, you ain’t getting rid of me when Phrik is involved. Oo! I like that guy’s moxy! Yes, more that. The Jedi robe thing.” I point at [member="Tarre Saxon"], with a nod. Yes. Make the galaxy… do… things… oooo I can almost smell the tydirium.

The journey so far is pleasant. Filled with the groans of Mandalorians, who’ve never been through Hell. Their frigid distress is more delightful than the idea of pushing Adenn down a hill and seeing his helmet fly off. I cast a glance to Yasha.

Easy peasy.

Allies: [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Adenn Kyramud"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Rapax"] [member="Jahan the Lion"] [member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Laandur Solus"] [member="Tarre Saxon"]

Beth watched as the rest of the crew of the expedition crawled out from the hatch. And faced the blistering cold, the ridiculous strong wind, and hail that was just really annoying. Seriously, the sound of it bouncing off her buy’ce was absolutely annoying. She tried to focus her attention off of that and tried to look around their landing site. It was hard to see very far, even with her buy’ce.

She sighed as she noted Loreena as well. “Loreena! Hey!” It had been forever since she had saw a member of the Arenais dynasty. It was really great that she had decided to come, even though Beth had very little idea of what was going on with the Arenais’s anymore. She remembered reading about Lady Kay being imprisoned and the monarchy dissolved through the Holonet, but she was not about to make any comments regarding that.

Beth stood fairly close to Alor Bral, whether intentional or not she had no idea. All she knew was that she was more glad than usual she had a buy’ce that hid her face. They had met, formally, in an amazing way. But, Euceron proved embarrassing for her. She vaguely remembered something about saying he was pretty and had nice lips. It was true, though, at least… But, ugh. Maybeee he didn’t remember, but nonetheless Beth decided to mostly hide her shame for now.

She paused with the rest of the group and looked towards Loreena, then to Yasha, before back to Valdus. “That is pretty deep…” She squinted as much as she could see. “Probably should go on the thicker ones… Those with light beskar, or armor, could maybe do some of the less thick ones…” She observed, kind of to herself. Whatever they decided, she was determined to stick with Valdus for... Reasons.

Adenn listened carefully to what [member="Valdus Bral"] said. Phrik, that substance was as good as beskar in many, many ways. If the Mandalorians had a steady source of that, and beskar. It'd be the way [member="Tarre Saxon"] said, the Jedi and Sith would need new robes. With phrik and beskar on their side, the Mandalorians would be an essentially unstoppable force of war. Grinning to himself, Adenn started making up plans for what he could do.

Then Adenn looked around and noticed just how dark it was. Whatever light may have come from the ships was long gone, and the hail jus tkept pounding him back and forth. In fact, there was so much hail that was hitting Adenn, he feared that at the end of this, he may have to repaint his armor. At the same time, people began to despair from the weather, and from the surroundings. Adenn could feel it, but the only one who didn't seem affected was [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"]. Speaking of her, she had just finished speaking.
"That's why I offered you a job to work for/with me. I have no real engineers at the moment." He spoke with some mirth. Then he patted her back. "Are you sure it's the only thing I'll be getting?" Chuckling again, he continued. "You'd be missing out on a lot of fun."

Then, back to the oppressing feeling, Aditya didn't seem to be affected by it, at all. Hell no doubt was worse, thought Adenn to himself. If it weren't for her there, he himself might have begun to feel down. However, he couldn't let something like his surroundings bring him down, so he kept his feelings high, even if only for appearances.

Upon reaching the fissure, Adenn glanced it over. The gap was far too big to jump across, and several of those bridges were most likely too weak to hold anyone in armor. Looking around himself, Adenn chuckled lightly to himself. They were all in armor here, Mandalorians tended to be in armor usually. Glancing it over again, Adenn took note of those that went down and those that crossed over the fissure. He found several that could support some more weight, but Adenn didn't know whether they were headed down, or across. So he merely pointed them out.
"Across or down, [member="Valdus Bral"]? I see some for both, but we'll need something big enough for all of us that's also strong enough. Up to you though, your op and all. Or we could rappel down if we need to. Just saying is all."

With his part said, Adenn turned back to observing his surroundings. As his eyes passed over Aditya, he nodded his head to her. She looked nice in beskar, as if it was natural. He wondered what she must be thinking about, no doubt something inventive, or about seeing his face. Chuckling to himself, he then turned his eyes back to observing his surroundings.

[member="Beth Cadera"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="The Skald"] [member="Tarre Saxon"] [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Laandur Solus"] [member="Yasha Cadera"]

Allies: [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Beth Cadera"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Adenn Kyramud"] @Aditya Fitz Kierke [member="Rapax"] [member="Jahan the Lion"] [member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] [member="Tarre Saxon"]

“Phrik’en Eh, I want that Phrik.” I rub my hands together, blowing into them, although I know the action is a moot point. “True story, I used to mine the components for Phrik all the time. Lead the way, big-n-hefty, Phrik is my jam.”

Weather. Oh no, there’s weather. People freaking out about a little bit of hail…

“Brings back fond memories, eh, Yash? Remember that birthday, when you were five? Blood Plains snowed. Pink snow, everywhere! Course it turned into little red snowballs of hail, but it was totally worth it. Think that was your first snowfall… aww. She was so happy, it really kept the smell down… being blood and all.” Can’t help the grin on my face as I trudge on, hail pinging off as it does. I catch the pat on the back, leaning just a tad to let the man see my smile through the force-field part of my lower helmet. “Sounds like good times, honey pie. Won’t skirt you wrong, tell you what. We make it out of this like unbruised peaches, and I’ll even cook you dinner.”

A raging hellscape? More chance of death than anything else? Gosh! It’s just like home! Except not nearly as Netherworldly, it’s the missing hellspawn. And the voices… there don’t seem to be voices here.

“I volunteer for down, [member="Valdus Bral"]! Wouldn’t mind rappelling or taking the boosters. Figure with the ice though, the rappelling would be the better option until we reach the end of our lines… wait… Yash? You’re packing your spear, right?” Kind of hard to miss a nine foot tall gigantic spear in her hand. Course it’s also hard to miss my raucous chuckle.

“Oy! Yash! 43 percent angle should do it! And a very big jump. You got the stones, my girl?” I pat Adenn on the shoulder, and laugh. “Watch this, slowpoke.”

Backing up, I wait for the ready from my daughter, and once I get it, I bolt straight at her, and the spear she holds at a 43 degree angle. Good girl.

I jump at the spearhead as she thrusts it outward, and the gravitational modulators on the Longinus spear make gravity a farce within 1 metre radius of the spearhead.

In not so scientific terms, I go flying right over the ice bridges, and land with a roll on the other side, arms rising in the air like a gymnast, who landed her tumbling routine.

“Ta daaaaa! Come on, you slowbies! We’re gonna miss the science!”

Objective: 2 Find the Moss Plants
Allies: [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Beth Cadera"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Adenn Kyramud"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Rapax"] [member="Jahan the Lion"] [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] [member="Tarre Saxon"]

“Exactly! We’ll still rock this day, hail or anything, eh?” Yasha leaned down to give Loreena a hug, watching the pleasant interaction between Cassie and Lori. Those two would get along pretty darn well. It might help, all things in, to bring Lori around more Mandalorians, another way to process the war and grief in her life.

“You want a ride, Loreena?” Yasha motioned to her back, “I don’t mind.”

The party stopped, and Aditya got talking. At first Yasha prepared for a wince, until Aditya brought up Yasha’s fifth birthday.

“You remembered! I didn’t see snow again until I was seven. Marched out of my bedroom and told Daddy to fix it. Snow was supposed to be pink.” Despite the oppressive atmosphere, the Infernal was gifted with two significant deterrents to prevent the depression of mood: An early life in Hell itself, and the Epicanthix predilection for being mentally removed from outside entanglements. “I’ve never seen a man look more terrified, when Mama explained all the precipitation in the Blood Plains was actual blood. Hid our scent from predators, so that’s where I grew up.”

A warm chuckle followed, as Aditya peppered on about rappelling, and gravity. Under her helm, Yasha pursed her lips.

“Yes, Mama I’ve got it… oh sweet! That should actually work!” Setting her spear to the correct angle, Yasha triggered the dovin basal, with its’ gravitational modifications, and when Aditya ran at her, she vaulted her mother into the air and to the other side of the gorge.

“Anybody else? Or I could slow the gravity around us and take the people, who don’t rappel down in trips. Unless anyone else has an idea.”

Valdus Bral

bralbar.png

Valdus came to a stop and turned to face the group. He was about to respond when suddenly one of the party vaulted across the chasm and then landed on the other-side. Valdus turned slowly back to face the opposite end of the chasm, boots lifting and coming back down on the crunching ice as he did so. " While impressive ... what you all have seen so far is the only sight you will see on the surface of this planet. The deposits and life are far beneath the ice layers." He then turned back to the main party, now addressing the voiced concerns and questions about the direction and how to descend, " Many of these formations are brittle and will not hold the heaviest of us. The wind is almost too powerful to use jets, repulsors, or rockets effectively. The tactic that worked for my vod previously was to descend in pairs and to stick close to the chasm walls - the ice is thinnest in the center. Unfortunately, it is not possible to completely descend along the wall and you will be forced out into the center a few times. While I cannot promise safe passage to the very bottom, it would be a wise decision to pick a partner with some form of propulsion." As [member="Beth Cadera"] spoke he waited until she finished, " That too is a good idea." He then addressed the group again, "In the case that you do fall, do not attempt to avoid the bridges; the pain and injury will be far less lethal."

He paused and turned to face the chasm, scanning the darkness with his electrobincolars. " Most of the beacons have been dislodged or covered. I will go first." He then turned to [member="Beth Cadera"] , " You will be my partner. My beskar'gam is too weighted for many others and I do not have any propulsion myself." His voice was matter of fact. He should have asked or at the very least counted to make sure everyone could have a partner. However, he did none of those things. Valdus' shield was now securely latched to his back so that both his hands were free. Lifting his left arm he motioned to [member="Beth Cadera"] to come with him. Regardless if she did not he would take the first step out onto the nearest ice bridge near him. The ice gave a disconcerting crack at the Mandalorian's weight. Pausing, Valdus looked left and then right. Was he planning his eventual fall or was he simply looking ahead for what bridge he would take next? Most likely both. He took another step and now fully placed his weight on the bridge; more crunching and cracking, but the bridge held. He made his way down the length of the bridge as hail and wind caused even his normally stable body to take a sidelong step towards the edge of the ice bridge before he could right himself. The winds were the most dangerous part in this fissure; a natural wind tunnel where the only surfaces were slick and covered in rounded ice chunks that fell from the sky. After several seconds Valdus had reached the end portion of the bridge that had yet another bridge overlapping it at about his stomach height. Putting both hands on the bridge he hoisted himself upwards onto the ice, forcing him to be on his hands and knees as he began to stand upright on the second bridge. All went well, so far. It as on this second bridge that he waited for the rest of the group.

If the rest followed him across the first bridge and onto the second one, he would continue down the second bridge; descending deeper into the canyon. So far, so good, but how long would that last? As he had mentioned previously, the climate grew warmer at the bottom of the chasm. It was a safe assumption that the bridges near the top were more structurally sound than those nearing the bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom