Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion A Fistful of Credits | Sith Empire Dominion of Gromas

Amaya Cardei

A
BEVZ8tS.png
Gromas.

Until now it was a relatively lawless place, a place where black-market dealers - phrik miners and the like could come together and kill one another without worry. Alas, such peaceful times have come to an end, as the Sith Empire's aims its expansionist arm over the gas giant, home to at least thirty-two moons. Gromas 16, or the Blood Moon as its better known as is home to several phrik mining organizations. The Gromas Belt now known as the Moldy Crow Run features a hazardous set of asteroids and the like for crafty pilots to test their skills, hauling goods in and out of Gromas and most especially the former Imperial Depot turned criminal haven. There within the Depot lay not only an outpost of the Bounty Hunter's Guild but a cantina belonging to a small-time Hutt, Gorra Vosadii Marda. The cantina known in the area as the Dented Can is a go-to for many both living within Gromas or simply passing by.

b12KgHO.png

Objective I: On the Blood Moon, members of the resistance and former United Clans of Mandalore aim to make a stand against the Sith Empire. Hiding out in an old mining complex once it belonged to the Gromas Mining Cooperative*. Now, it houses those who wish not to be found. Members of the Imperial Legion and possible members of the Brotherhood are to inspect the facility. [Pew Pew/PvE/PvP Welcomed]

9zufOL7.png

Objective II: The Moldy Crow Run is rumored as a smuggler's safe haven. The Empire is looking to both recruit pilots and smugglers and put down those who do not join their cause. A race is being held between the local pilots here from one end of the Gromas Belt to the other. All the while agents of the Saaraishash and Sith Intelligence are working to gather details on the resistance. [Zoom Zoom/PvE/PvP Welcomed]

g2mjsYv.png

Objective III: Gorra the Hutt, or the Empersario wishes to welcome the Sith Empire with open arms and is willing to negotiate claims on the systems. The Old Imperial Depot also houses an outpost of the Bounty Hunter's Guild where a bounty board is posted for both regional and galactic bounties. The Depot also houses several vendors, merchants but is largely in ruins. The Empire would be seeking to rebuild the Depot and expand its operations beyond the single depot present. [BYOO/PvE/PvP Welcomed]

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4niv522mbtM[/media]

Eye of Solomon

E
Objective: The Blood Moon Brawl

Launched from a nearby Harrower cruiser, a squadron of Multiple-Altitude Assault Gunships soared through the empty vacuum of space towards misshapen red desert moon that loomed ahead of them like a grisly ruby. Inside each gunship was a platoon of Imperial Legionnaires going over pre-operation routines, checking their weapons, checking each other's armor, and ensuring that all of their personal systems were functional. Assigned to each platoon was a Sith commander, typically a knight or a recently promoted master though it wasn't too uncommon to see the apprentices of influential Lords assigned to minor leadership roles in the Empire.

One of these Sith commanders was the Harch Sith Knight Vagahr Wo, his arachnoid body shrouded in dark gray durasteel armor and black zeyd-cloth robes. Six identical lightsabers hung from his waist, one for each of his six arms. Wo looked comically out of place amidst the more traditionally humanoid soldiers that mingled about him, but there was no confusion about who was in charge of the platoon. Knight Wo's adjutant, a female Imperial officer, emerged from the gunship's cockpit with datapad in hand.

"My Lord, we're approaching the moon."

"Very good, ksk ksk ksk. Prepare to land."

Objective III: Hutt Wrangling
Interacting With: N/A; feel free.
Post Number I

A bloated worm, gnawing at the bones of a fallen Empire. In a perfect world, the Sith would simply oust the wretch from its nest and begin anew, but alas, that was not to be. Diplomatic sensibilities, and all that. Still, if he was very, very lucky, it would betray him. Oh, how he would enjoy that.

Pushing himself from the plushness of his seat as the shuttle touched ground, he straightened his jacket and schooled his features. He could tolerate a Hutt, briefly, for a treasure as great as phrikite.

"My Lord, the great and benevolent Gorra the Hutt welcomes you to this place of commerce, and rejoices at the prospect of mutual prosperity." Regarding the Rodian with the faint disgust perfected by aristocrats across the galaxy, he nodded shallowly. "The Sith Empire appreciates his willingness, but I shall need to inspect the facilities before any agreement can be found."

Dark blue eyes drilling into the seneschal, as if trying to pierce his very soul, the young Knight smiled coldly. "After all, only a fool would build a palace atop crooked pillars..." and only an absolute idiot would ever trust a Hutt.

Amaya Cardei

A
b12KgHO.png
Fiolette Raaf and her companion [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"], had arrived on Gromas well ahead of the Empire. Their initial intention had been to secure land in which to build a new metallurgy facility and with easy access to phrik, Gromas felt like the perfect fit. Yet, word had spread that the Empire would be arriving at any moment and just as word began to move across the Blood Moon. Resistance operatives of one sort or another began to shake the very leaves that had once been Mandalorian trees. It happened that those here did not know her face or name, and thus she used an alias. Cordelia Pershing from Galidraan's own resistance movement, this was how she met [member="Kao Arael"] and so he would not know her as Lord Admiral Fiolette Raaf, but Cordelia Pershing a member of the resistance - or at least pretending to be.

"Our timing is impeccable as always Bloodborn, drink up, we'll have work to do and people to shoot very soon." She remarked to the man on her left and gestured to his flask as she looked out over the horizon. Her hands shielded the sun from her eyes, "very soon - c'mon they'll be setting up in the Complex." They were fortunate enough to have resupplied there in town this allowed them to blend in a little more with the local scene. Red dust ball reminded her of the backwater Outer Rim planets over in the Coalition. A 'western' type of feel as Merrill once explained it to her. She adjusted the brim of her hat and headed down toward the complex just as the visuals of the Sith Imperial shuttles began to descend overhead.

Dressed in leather pants, a long duster, a set of brown boots along with a blouse, leather blast vest and a bandana to keep the dust out of her face. Fio's bright red hair had been pulled back into a bun and tucked up underneath her hat. Bloodborn was a man of his own design but never really did stand out to start with, a look over at Arael and Fio waved the person over.

b12KgHO.png
Objective I
Post Number 1

Kurayami was as usual, wearing his Aquila armored flightsuit. Something he had made back when he was considering joining the Mandalorians as a member of Clan Verd. That had never materialized in the end, though as to whether or not it was a bad thing he couldn't answer. Rightfully, he didn't care enough to answer the question, even to himself as he removed the helmet from his flightsuit and pulled out the flask that Fio had gifted him with for...something or other...probably. Not super important were the only two words that crossed his mind as he unscrewed the cap and took a long swig from the container, feeling the comforting burn of Namana liquor.

After capping the flask back up he unholstered the Punisher pistol on his left thigh, taking a few moments to open the cylinder, and load it, one round at a time. A flick of the wrist set it back in place. He gave the cylinder a spin, as though to test the balance of it, while it was more just making sure the cylinder was moving freely. Sliding open the underslung 40 mil grenade launcher he carefully set a shell in place, depleted baradium tipped HEIAP. If it hit you there would be nothing left to find. SLiding the launcher closed he reholstered the weapon and disinterestedly repeated the process with the pistol on his right thigh. Once again as soon as this was done he took another long draught from his flask before locking the helmet back in place and nodding towards @FIolette Raaf.

Apparently they were here to oversee some sort of construction project on Gromas. Something about a factory or whatever? A forge? Mostly it was the reason he was only carrying the pistols and his saber. He shouldn't have need of overwhelming firepower, but even in the event he didn't NEED it, one could argue that the pistols would qualify as such. Overkill at the very least.

"What's that boss? You thought I hadn't already been drinking plenty? Nah, I have a nice tingly buzz going, not going for as drunk as when I apparently met and insulted the Sith Empresses. Might need a sip here and to keep the buzz going, but otherwise I'm set for this...adventure...type thing?"

As soon as the Drunken Savant had finished speaking she waved over the contact they were supposed to meet. He had to make a mental note to call her by her chosen alias, Cordelia Pershing, if it came down to him needing to refer to her by name. In the meantime he just let his left hand rest on the grip of his pistol, if things went south he was ready to brawl.

The big man walked along the street of the backwater settlement. He had stopped here for the simple need of resupply and restock of his battered YT-2000. However, that required credits, and that meant he had to take on local work. On Gromas work meant either the mines or security for the mines. He had taken the latter.

His heavy foot falls sent small plumes of dust into the air as he moved down the street. His heavy concussion rifle hung over his shoulder in easy reach. He was off duty, but in his extensive experience that only meant it was the most likely time for things to go wrong. Resistance fighters, Mandalorians who hadn't learned that working with outsiders was part of their problem and general malcontents dotted the populace like flees on a banthas backside, but they were disorganized. Everyone wanted to fight their own way. Untrained children with delusions of grandeur. That's what most were.

He turned the corner at Main and Nebula then headed straight for the "Mining Your Business" the local pub with closed booths. It was the best chance to drink without having to worry about some half cocked bounty hunter making his last poor life choice. And besides that, once his ship was finished, he'd move on to other more goal related matters. Like home.

[member="Sith Muse"]

Ishana Pavanos

I
g2mjsYv.png
Ishana arrived at the Dented Can in typical smuggler fashion, a swagger that held more confidence than she really had with a blaster at her side. She came to Gromas to square up a few debts and maybe get a piece of the phrik pie. The cantina was filled with smoke, booze, and girls that clearly wanted to charge her more for touching than for the booze. The pilot caught a glimpse of [member="Adrian Vandiir"] but otherwise paid him no mind, out of uniform she doubted that anyone would recognize her. Ishana came with the hope to settle some old debts, a few she made on Bassadro and others on Vardos, and maybe a few on Tatooine but other than that she couldn't seem to recall. She at least let her wife [member="Kaalia Pavanos"] know where she was going and why.

At the back of the dingy cantina sat a Rodian who waved her over.

Rodians were never a good sign, at least in Ishana's opinion. "Zeent."

"Pavanos." Zeent returned curtly, "you owe a lot of bad people a lot of money."

"Yeah, yeah I uh, I can pay them I mean, assuming I can pay them directly."

"It's ten years too late for paying debts, Pavanos."

Ishana exhaled she already didn't like where this was going but she relaxed in her seat. "Gonna vaporize me here? C'mon Zeent. Just set me up and I can pay them." Memories flooded back of working with Zeent in the past, a collections agent working on behalf of members of the criminal underworld. Ishana was good for the money, at least now, the old gambling addiction no longer as problematic as it once had been. Her wife saw to that at least, "'sides you really don't wanna cause any trouble here especically with me." If Ishana was honest, she really meant to say her wife - but Zeent didn't need to know that.

g2mjsYv.png
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V9XbBNlCqo​
Srrt. Srrrrt.

At one of the tables at the back of the Dented Can, sat a woman with striking red hair. Her emerald green eyes were affixed to the deck of cards in her hands as she split it in two, paying her surroundings no mind. She pulled the top of the two stacks up with her thumbs and let them fall into each other, then pushed them together. The cards bent upwards, then fell down flat again, and once the last card fell she once more had one neat stack of cards. The woman split it in two again, and the process was repeated.

Srrt. Srrrrt.

Though the scar decorating her left eye was missing, that woman was Kaalia Pavanos. Through a simple application of Alter Image she looked noticably different, which in places like this was enough to avoid being recognized. Her rugged, black leather jacket was paired with a pair of old, faded blue jeans and modestly heeled black boots. The neglected glass half-filled with a beverage of some kind was enough to keep any waiters away from her table. She wasn't looking to be bothered by anyone. There was a reason for her to be here, just in case things didn't go smoothly. And she was quite certain it wouldn't.

Srrt. Srrrrt.

[member="Ishana Pavanos"] wanted to settle her debts. Kaalia certainly saw why she would've wanted to do so, but that didn't mean she believed the encounter would be in any way cordial. Stop her wife from heading down to Gromas she would not, she would never control her behavior, so instead she decided to come along. Over Zeent's shoulder, a couple of tables down, Ishana would be able to see the redheaded woman seemingly absent-mindedly shuffle her deck of cards. Through their bond, strengthened through a set of tattoos the two shared linked by Sith alchemy, all Ishana had to do was think to let Kaalia know things were about to go wrong. Until then, she would do no more than wait.

Srrt. Srrrrt.

Objective: 1. The Blood Moon Brawl
Allies: The Sith Empire, Open
Enemies: Resistance/Mandalore Clans, Open

tcxa41J.png
Valeria was meditating on the bridge of the Osiris as they traveled through Hyperspace to their destination as she prepared herself for her next mission. Valeria was broken from her meditation as the Osiris exited hyperspace at its destination, Gromas. Valeria stood from her kneeling position, checking herself in a mirror to ensure she looked her best. As she did this the ship entered orbit around the moon and Valeria’s aide turned to address her, of course using her Sith name and not her true one as Valeria had informed her subordinates to refer to her as Lady Aurea, despite most of them having known her real full name.

"Lady Aurea, we have arrived at Gromas. We appear to be slightly ahead of schedule."
"Excellent. Commander, I'm heading down to the surface. Ensure a shuttle is ready by the time I get to the hangar and be sure to keep an eye out for any enemies, I don’t want to come back to half a ship."
Valeria turned around and made her way to the lift not needing to wait for the acknowledgement she knew would come. Once the lift doors opened to the hangar of the ship, she boarded her waiting shuttle which, aside from the pilots, had no other personnel on board. The shuttle proceeded to make its way through the atmosphere opting for a faster approach providing a faint glow through entry, soon they were in the atmosphere proper and rapidly approaching the landing zone. Valeria’s shuttle landed, kicking up dust around it, just prior to the proper Empire gunships with the ramp nearly immediately lowering with the pilots merely giving Valeria a silent nod, a good luck. Valeria turned and walked down the ramp wearing her signature leather jacket and bustier with leather pants and heeled boots and her lightsaber hanging off her hip. Her signature look did make her look more like a mercenary then a Sith Lord which may have been odd to some, even if the former was truer in some sense. Valeria surveyed the area around her once her feet hit the dirt, a sigh escaping her blue lipsticked lips with just how inelegant this place already seemed.

Hundan Dashi

Hand me some detonite and a toothpick
Objective: Earn a little cash, but make a scene​
Allies: Two stacks of credits and some bad decisions​
Enemies: Reasonable laws and ethics​
[member="Ordo"] [member="Sith Muse"] [member="Kaalia Pavanos"] [member="Adrian Vandiir"] [member="Valeria Sempronia"] [member="Eye of Solomon"]​

Hundan Dashi grinned, playing with a death stick between his fingers. Tonight was a good night. The Sith were coming to play, to lay claim to a world. A world full of criminals. A world full of marks. A world where a Hutt was likely to over play his hand, and who was there to pick up the pieces and the profits? This genius of an idiot, that's who. Well, he would be if he had a plan. As it was, he was here to cash in a few a tricks, and play a few nastier ones. The slicer smirked and checked his commlink. Yep. If his infochants were right, the Sith would be unofficially taking over, with the permissive missives of a certain slug giving them all a blank check, in exchange for some bank.

Power cells were up, and so was the grid. He had one shot at this little gag. But hey. It was worth it. Bar none, to keep a scheme up was one thing. But this planet was a time bomb waiting to go off. So many sins. And so many sinners. All of it destabilized very quickly. Assuming, of course, that the theft went off properly. He checked on his delivery drones. 800/2200 were operational. Was it enough? Only one way to find out. Soon, Gorra would find one of his little pieces in this game missing. The ante would hit the middle of the table.

This dusty back-water was gonna be entertaining soon enough.

g2mjsYv.png
Objective III: Hutt Wrangling
Interacting With: N/A; feel free.
Nearby: [member="Ishana Pavanos"], [member="Kaalia Pavanos"], & [member="Hundan Dashi"]
Post Number II

Gliding down what passed for a central thoroughfare, cool eyes gazing disapprovingly at the disjointed meeting between Imperial utilitarianism and the gaudy patch-jobs of the last few centuries, the sharply dressed Knight quickly abandoned any pretence of a guided tour, instead leaving the stressed-looking Rodian seneschal to hurry alongside him.

"The Empire will obviously need to closely regulate the Phrik-trade, though private enterprise is of course welcome." Passing by a rough-looking cantina - the Dented Can, how positively quaint - Adrian smirked slightly. "Loyal enterprise, that is. Can I assume that Gorra will provide us with a list of any, ah, recalcitrant operators?"

"I am sure the great ..." Gulping in response to the Knight's icy stare, the Rodian briefly hesitated, then managed to stutter out a reply. "I... yes, I think so yes. He is eager to cooperate, so long as his interests are maintained."

Smiling warmly, the young Knight chuckled softly. "Much better, Beexl. As for his interests, why, that depends entirely on what he is willing to give in return. Let us go ask the worm himself, no?"

b12KgHO.png

The blue of hyperspace could be soothing for many beings, Taeli usually among their number. However, today she was rather... upset from the report she had received from the Gromas system. Over a decade ago, Taeli and her company had taken possession of a phrik mine of the world after helping the Sith Assassins reclaim some old schematics and the ore needed to build them. The overseer for the facility, a Jablogian called Goras, had managed it well enough for her.

Which made the last transmission from the jowly alien all the more irritating.

Criminals were always a problem on this world. Illegal mining operations, smuggling, Hutts just in general. She had ordered Goras to focus solely on operating the mine and to not indulge in his baser instincts for graft. But apparently, he had not listened to her. The Nar Kanji native had been associating with a criminal group that had turned rebellious after the Fall of Mandalore and now they had taken hold of her facility. Unacceptable.

Now a task force of Aurora security and her Adepts were on the way to rectify the problem... all of the problems so phrik could once again continue rolling to the droid foundries of the company.

Amaya Cardei

A
b12KgHO.png
The Gromas Mining Cooperative.

Word had gone out that this was where the rebels were set to make their 'stand' against the Empire. The cooperative was one of the assets that the Empire had a mind to turn. Locals clearly didn't want any of the sort but they weren't going to be given much of a choice. Any man or woman worth their weight in salt would be on the move as the Sith-Imperial boots touched ground, the blood color dust billowed in the air. "Honestly Mr. Bloodborn I'm quite sure you could drink both of our weights in alcohol and still be able enough to fire that pistol of yours."

"Adventure is certainly one way of describing it, shame that Phoenix isn't about unless I've missed her slipping into the mines ahead of us."

The iconic scream of TIE Fighters overhead had been met with silence as were the Sith-Imperial Legionnaires and the Brotherhood who now marched with purpose down the main road. They would no doubt make their way into the various pubs to declare ownership, however; it was upon doing so that a firefight erupted. Fio and Mr. Bloodborn had only just managed their way into the mines when the firefight started. Orders were shouted and she cursed the rebels and their bloodlust, most especially as one fired upon a Legionnaire the moment he entered. "AMBUSH!" Shouted one of the Legionnaires and Fiolette realized that staying atop would only mean trouble for her and Mr. Bloodborn. "This way." She gestured toward a mining cart, "should be able to gain some manner of control-"

She ducked into the mining cart as a blaster bolt came her way. "Right shoot him and let us get on with it..."

[member="Ordo"] and [member="Kao Arael"] would most likely be caught up in the escalating firefight as everything went to hell in a handbasket.

[member="Kurayami Bloodborn"]

Eye of Solomon

E
Objective: The Blood Moon Brawl

The MAAG set down on one of the old landing pads connected to the decrepit GMC mining complex, steam billowing out as the disembarkation ramp lowered and the side door panels flung open. Imperial Legionnaires garbed in their infamous black armor hustled out in an orderly fashion, as they had done so during their formative training and in every battle since then. Behind them was the Sith Knight Vagahr Wo, his chelicerae twitching as he chittered absently. An officer wearing the rank of a lieutenant walked beside him, her long purple hair pulled back and woven into an intricate braid, in her hands a datapad which monitored the environment around them with complicated sensors.

"The entrance is unguarded, but the sensors are having difficulty penetrating the metal and rock. Who knows what could be waiting inside." The officer's clipped and precise articulation betrayed her origins on Galidraan, one of many from that idyllic world who devoted themselves to the Sith Empire more heartily than others residing within its vast territory. "No doubt the rebels of which we were informed, ksk ksk ksk." Wo rubbed one of his chelicerae with the middle left arm in thought, "A painfully obvious trap, one would assume. Divide the platoon, ksk ksk ksk, I will investigate the complex with the vanguard while you remain here with the reserves to protect the ship."

"As you wish, my Lord." The lieutenant bowed at the waist as Wo trundled forward with his half of the platoon, haphazardly waltzing right up to the unguarded mine entrance. With a wave of one of his six arms he overrode the door controls with the Force, the rusted doors creaking open to reveal a corridor shrouded in darkness. Leading the pack from the front, Wo was the first to enter the darkened mine as beams of light illuminated the darkness from the glowlamps on the Legionnaire's rifles.

It wasn't until all of Wo's soldiers had passed through the threshold that the Rebel's trap was sprung, simultaneously with a coordinated assault across the Blood Moon against all Imperial assets that had managed to land. The doors closed behind them, momentarily sealing them off in darkness before powerful floodlights blinded the area with intense light, blinding Wo as his six eyes closed shut in pain. All at once, Wo's six lightsabers flew into his outstretched hands and activated; six beams of scarlet energy snapping to life simultaneously. Though he was blinded by the intense light, Wo could still feel his surroundings with the Force.

They were not alone. The intense firefight that followed was testament to that, with Wo using the Force to predict his enemy's movements and protect himself and his soldiers with his six lightsabers moving all at once, deflecting blaster bolts and killing rebel insurgents as he slowly moved forward.

b12KgHO.png
Objective I
Post 2

Kurayami seemed less than thrilled with the assignment being on this rust colored dustball, but he reminded himself that the access to a greater supply of phrikite ore would be worth the boredom he had to endure. The mining complex was just one step in that process. The fingers of his left hand drummed idly against the grip of his pistol as they wandered into the mines. FIolette's words would normally have been taken as a challenge, however at the moment given there were reports of resistance fighters in the area he shouldn't be too sloshed. She got a short chuckle in reply.

"Oh sure I could do that, but then the question is what or who would get hit? Not really worth the risk if you ask me. Also yea where is Phoenix?"

As he finished wondering aloud where their normal traveling partner was, there was a twinge of warning in the Force. Fioolette was diving INTO a minecart, but for the time being he just took cover behind the cart. Once crouched he drew the pistol his fingers had been tapping on and sent a round towards where the first shots of the ambush had come from. Time would tell how close this battle would get, but he had his saber if it came down to it, for now taking carefully aimed shots was the order of the day, he'd worry about adapting to the situation when it came time.

He watched as Sith troopers came running up the street toward his chosen watering hole. And he paused long enough to notice a rag tag bunch of faces duck out of sight in windows and alleys near by.

"Halt!" He heard one yell as they got close.

"I'm busy." Ordo replied in that deep bass voice.

"I said, HALT MANDALORIAN." The trooper yelled back apparently intent on pushing the confrontation.

"And. I. said. I'm busy, Mor. Ron." He replied before the rebels popped out and started firing.

The Sith opened fire at him. The rebels opened fire on the Sith and him. He did what any intelligent combatants would, and high kneed his shebs to cover.

He headed for the mine shaft only meters off the street and dropped behind a mine cart and started firing at any living thing with a blaster. Screw both groups. He had other work to do.

Ishana Pavanos

I
g2mjsYv.png
Zeent looked Pavanos in the eyes the Rodian scoffed. "Like anyone on this rock would care?"

"You'd be surprised, 'sides. Think of the heat you'd get if you ice'd me."

"You mean the pay." Zeent corrected while Pavanos felt for the small blaster that hung in the holster of her belt. The Rodian reached into his vest and Ishana watched as the glint of metal from the blaster peeked out. Immediately in her mind, she saw this going down two ways, three if she counted her wife being there to zap the damn man right on the spot. Flip the table cause a ruckus and fight her way out. This would probably draw the local hutt's attention and she didn't need it, she was already on Sotta's radar. One hutt was bad enough, but two? That's just insanity. So, the second? Blast this man right here and now quietly she slid her blaster out of its holster. "Although it's nice to know that you've somehow come into the money."

"Yeah...." Ishana's voice trailed off, "about that."

"Figured."

"No, you see, the money isn't all mine - it's the wife's."

"Oh that's sweet, you're gettin me right in the hea-

Ishana pulled the trigger and watched the Rodian stumble back. She remained seated and slipped her blaster back into its holster. Rising to her feet the pilot looked over the table and shrugged, what was one dead Rodian anyway? Turned out, as she sidestepped around his body, a lot. "We figured you might..." A Devaronian, two of them one skinny the other not so much. A blaster to Ishana's skull while the other one just looked on menacingly. "See, pal - that was a bad move."

"What? Gonna shoot me? Cause I gotta tell you friend, it ain't happenin' not with my pal here."

"Well... you see, it's bad for you because she's here."

It was all Ishana needed to say, and the Dented Can was about to get a few more dents...

[member="Kaalia Pavanos"] | [member="Adrian Vandiir"]

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et7YWqZPY90[/media]

g2mjsYv.png

The cantina had fallen silent. Its patrons knew better than to interfere with other people's business and did no more than watch on as the scene unfolded. Kaalia herself didn't even look up from her cards when she heard the sound of blaster fire or saw the rodian body that slumped over in the corner of her eye. Ishana had the tendency to get herself in trouble, but she could handle herself. The redhead was here in case she got herself in too much of a mess. And that was the case from the moment two devaronians stepped in and a blaster was put to her wife's head.

"Well... you see, it's bad for you because she's here."

Srrt. Srrrrt. Tap tap.

The sound of the cards being shuffled and tapped against the table drew the attention of the two devaronians. The deck was left on the table as Kaalia's chair slid backwards, giving her room to get to her feet. An icy cold stare bore through the one who held the blaster while she slowly made her approach. The Force began swirling around the woman, though she didn't channel it just yet. Tiny specks of amber mixed into her green eyes. This had gone on long enough- they made a mistake in thinking they could just point a blaster at her wife.

"If you value your life, I suggest you put that blaster back where it came from. Take your friend there, and get to walking."

The skinny one simply laughed. The larger one pulled out his own blaster and aimed it at her. "So that's ya wife, huh? Don't look so scary to me."

"Sorry for your loss, doll," the other added with a chuckle. "Now keep your distance, or my pal got to put you down too."

His threat didn't slow Kaalia's approach.

"I did warn you."

With the flick of her wrist, an invisible force took hold of the blaster that was placed to Ishana's head and flung it away effortlessly. In response the fat one fired his, sending out a bolt rushing towards Kaalia's head. A shot that would have killed any other person in this cantina, but she wasn't quite like anyone here. From the inside of her leather jacket a metal sheen flew into her left hand and with impossible speed and precision she angled it upwards. Before the bolt reached its destination, a snap-hiss was heard and a red glowing beam shot out of the metal cylinder. It ricocheted off of the beam, causing it to leave a scorchmark in the ceiling.

The two devaronians would serve as a lesson that everybody best not even lay a finger on Ishana Pavanos. Lest they meet her wife.

[member="Ishana Pavanos"] | [member="Adrian Vandiir"]

b12KgHO.png

With a final klaxon, the Aurora/Order of Shadows task force dropped out of hyperspace above Gromas 16. Four Assegai-class corvettes escorting two Protector-class frigates fell into geo-synch above the overrun facility. From the two frigates, Triremis dropships filled with security forces and each led by one of her Adepts began their approach to the mine. In the lead dropship, Taeli could sense her wife Fiolette on the surface and wondered in the blazes she was doing here.

But she shook the distracting thought aside for the moment. There were punitive measures that needed to be meted out. Goras and the remaining security team had secured one of the landing pads and were waiting for the Sith lady and her forces. The ramp lowered, and Taeli in full Sith robes, descended. The Nar Kanji native was fidgeting as she approached, his nervousness bleeding into the Force like a cloud.

"My lady, I apologize for the..." he began saying, but was cut off as his throat started to close and he was lifted into the air by her command of the dark side. Amber eyes settled onto his bulging brown orbs.

"I gave you a simple task, Goras," she whispered. "Oversee the mine and keep the supply of phrik to our foundries going smoothly. You have failed me in both in such an utterly catastrophic way... words cannot begin to state my displeasure."

Panicked gargles were his response, his eyes begging the Lady of Secrets for mercy. The normally level-headed Sith Lady was not feeling merciful in the slightest. With a clenching of her hand, she crushed his windpipe and neck, throwing the body away without another look.

"How many workers are trapped inside, Lieutenant?" she asked the highest ranking survivor.

"None, my Lady," the lieutenant replied promptly. "Any still in the mines have joined the criminals in their uprising. All loyal workers evacuated at the beginning of the insurrection."

She nodded at the answer. You just couldn't find good help in this part of the galaxy sometimes. Well... if that was the case... she glanced over at Krist Wylev, the Paradox Adept that had accompanied her. The Melitto nodded and went to retrieve the special canister the Order of Shadows had brought with them. If the people in the mines were all criminals and rebels... then the Seefleur would get a very interesting test.

Amaya Cardei

A
b12KgHO.png
"Listen, Kurayami." To hell with the formalities as the firefight grew intense and the criminals and rebels headed their direction. "Shoot the bloody-" Fiolette had only half way stated when someone, an uninvited guest dropped in. Her blaster met with [member="Ordo"]'s as the criminals took their shots at the Legionnaires who in quick reply mowed them down. Two ways this could go, they could blast each other to pieces, and as Fiolette felt her wife nearby. It would not end well for the man who dropped in, so that was right out - the next was this, "listen, these idiots and so-called rebels are going to take everyone with them and I do not aim to be in their lot of fire, nor do I aim in getting caught by the bloody Empire." Thick-as-porridge Galidraani accent, "names Cordelia Pershing if you would so kindly drop the gun, we can get a run for it."

She tapped Kurayami on the shoulder. "Get in the cart, you too." She said to the stranger who looked as if he belonged anywhere but here. Fiolette just managed to reach out for a lever. "Right, one, two..." An outstretched hand, pressed on the lever that released the car. "Here we go!" The cart slowly took off and felt for a moment as if the entire situation would be anti-climatic. "Bal-" The cart then immediately dropped, "LLLLLLS!" Fiolette's voice escaped her at the moment as the cart shot down at a damn near straight drop through the mines. The sound of the rebels and criminals fighting the Empire and now each other could be heard. The mining complex had suddenly become engulfed in blaster fire, slug throwers, and the occasional Force user. Behind them a group of Legionnaires, and in front of them a group of rebels. "Hell."

[member="Kurayami Bloodborn"]

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGC4c9IiTTE[/media]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom