Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Festival Under the Stars (Open to All)

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Ack!! Not a noogie!! Kay squirmed then and pushed against him to try to get out from under his arm. What a meanie. She folded her arms across her chest in a huff as he fixed up her hair a bit.

"Well you're certainly not wrong there. But it's not as though I go looking for trouble. But maybe that's why I can never keep a bodyguard full time."

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

How they'd gone from a Senator and Jedi who didn't really know one another, to being close enough to where noogies got involved was beyond him. This was "comfortable with you" behaviour for him, but it was what it was. He'd roll with it, he supposed.

"What do you mean, 'never keep a bodyguard' again?" The Jedi would inquire, blinking.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

She dropped her arms as he had inquired about her situations with bodyguards.

"Oh....you know how it is. I'm supposed to have a bodyguard in times of danger. I've hired plenty the last year or so, but they never stay. I must be too difficult to keep up with." And stubborn. She was most definitely stubborn.

"Is it just you constantly getting them into trouble until they decide to up and leave before they end up getting killed, or is it just your charm that convinces them to leave and let you go off on your own without a bodyguard?" The Jedi would crack in return. "Either way, you really need to invest in better bodyguards" he remarked.

"Or learn to use a lightsaber. That works too" he joked.

Kay-Larr

She smirked and lightly suckerpunched his shoulder. Is this how it was to have a brother? Whatever it was, it was nice.

"All of the above. And I do know a bit about fighting with a lightsaber. I did have my own for a time, until it was stolen...It was the last thing that I owned that my husband gave me. I thought that I'd be lost without it. But you know.....I'm doing okay."

"Sorry to hear about that" He responded, frowning a bit. "But a good laser sword is usually good for defending yourself with. Of course, I don't need it but I like having it" He would add. "I'm trained to fight with my hands, as well as the force. Not so much blasters though... I really need to be trained in that. It's such an... Unsophisticated weapon" He remarked, laughing a bit.

He noted the party seemed to be dying down a little. "Looks like things are cooling off" The Jedi would observe.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

"I know how to shoot. I often have mine set to stun. When I have to hide my....gifts, then I need to defend myself like a normal person. Most of my training lay in healing."

At his observation she nodded. "Yes. I suppose that we should call it a night soon."

"Your... Gifts?" The Jedi would remark with a quirked eyebrow but an amused expression reaching him. What did she mean by gifts now? Of course, he had instantly taken it wrong and that was quite obvious. "Do go on" He would tease, nudging her again with a playful smile. "Don't leave me hanging without explanation" Josh would crack, looking over at the guests starting to file out.

"Something tells me you're hoping to meet again soon enough?"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

She smirked and rolled her eyes as he played dumb for a moment. And then came another nudge. "Oh but it's my job as a Lady to leave you wanting to know more."

The others were leaving and she figured that they should go their separate ways as well. "I'm sure that we'll run into eachother again. That is if you tend to go to political gatherings. And who knows? Maybe we'll team up for a mission against the Cartel?" It certainly was possible given his anti-slavery activity.

"And is it now? It's not really proper for a Lady to keep someone in the dark as means for amusement either" The Jedi would respond with a roll of his eyes. "Perhaps I don't want to know more, and perhaps you're simply denying a courtesy?" He would tease.

"Well, the Cartel probably don't like my anti slavery thing very much" The JEdi would remark. "So I'm sure we'll meet again. Until we meet again, fair Lady Kay" Josh would respond, smiling as he would bow in farewell and head out.

-Exit Joshua-

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay just smirked and was thinking of almost following him out with a swift kick, but then changed her mind. She just bowed her head and after she was sure that he was gone, she stepped out of the building and headed back to the safehouse that she was having built for her here. One can never be too careful.

[member="Eclipse"]

"Actually, no not that often. For a king i prefer to be outside and with my people or out fighting to help others, i rely greatly on those peoples whom serve my government to keep law and control of the situation in times of my absence. Its difficult to control a planet as one person as it is and being away is... horrendous. But ive found that a festival like this can be well deserved..." He drew a hand through his hair and sighed as he stood there, looking up at the far off space above his head before smiling at her. "Sorry, i kind of got off topic didn't I. Would you like a drink miss Jade?" He bowed his head to her and smiled lightly while he stood there, studying her face as he waited.

If he hadn't of said anything, Eclipse wouldn't of had any idea that Solan was the king of the planet she stood on. This new information made her realise that she was greatly uneducated about this foreign land, she wished that her friend would've given her more information before forcing her to attend the festival. After a brief pause, Solan offered her a drink. If she was in a cantina on some distant planet, she would've gladly taken the offer and would most likely to continue to drink herself into oblivion. But right now she was in a public place surrounded by people who could be considered the 1 per cent and she didn't feel like making herself look like a complete idiot. "Ughh no thanks," She started "I don't plan on staying long." Eclipse smiled at Solan before returning to look at the floor.

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Eclipse"]

Solan shrugged as she spoke and turned his eyes over to a servent who was moving about the area in order to let his eyes focus on the man. "Hey, Hirsh. Would you mind getting me a glass of Corellian from the stores in the back, i really could use a drink if im going to be around these others for much longer. Not that the company thus far has been... Enticing." He turned that smile on to Eclipse now and made it obvious he was both joking and telling a tinge of truth in the words while he stood there with his hands crossed behind him.

For a few moments not a sound came from him before he started again. "You know, for someone i assume to not be of the... ilk like the others, im surprised in your reclusive persona that you have shown at the time. Its an interesting difference to see from what i expected if i should say." He turned his head once more towards her to speak a last time . "What is it that you do again anyways, for all i could know it could be but an intelligence officer feinting your... embarrassment."

This was awkward. What Eclipse did was kill people for credits, and she didn't feel it would be suitable to reveal this at this moment in time; especially not to a king. "I d-d-do some..." She stuttered, before promptly giving up. "I'm actually unemployed at the moment." The girl couldn't bare to look up at Solan, she only hoped that he would believe her lie or hopefully move on. However, the statement was not a complete lie as she had not taken or completed a job for a couple of months. It would probably be best for her to leave this festival soon, before [member="Solan Charr"] began to get suspicious or decided to dig deeper into her life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom