Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Festival Under the Stars (Open to All)

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Was he cold? Did he want to go back inside? She shrugged her shoulders a bit. "It's not too bad. Though I imagine that once I settle down a bit, it'll get chilly. Clear nights often cool off quite a bit here."

How long was this festival set to last? She wasn't sure. All night? At some point people would have to sleep or pass out. But the night was still young enough.

"Are you getting cold?"

"Aye, it's a tad chilly. I suppose it's a normal thing for nights on this planet, no?" The Jedi would suggest in return, shrugging his shoulders a bit. "After all that activity, I suppose this is as warm as we'll be out here. It's only downhill from here" He cracked, with a cheeky grin crossing his lips.

He shook his head when she asked. "I'm used to it. I don't like being cold, but it doesn't bother me all that much" The Jedi would admit. "But if you're fine, I'm okay to stay out" He added. He wasn't sure how long this festival would last... Probably not much longer, he would assume. Even as the night was as it was, people still had things to do.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

"Alright we'll go back inside. We wouldn't want the big ol' Jedi to catch the flu, now would we?" She smiled as she turned and headed back inside. In truth she was getting a tad chilly herself, but didn't want to admit it. Kay wanted to seem tough and in control of herself. That and she was stubborn too.

Once inside she wandered over to view some of the tapestries hanging on the walls, some portraying sceneries and others portraying mystical beasts. Whomever made them was very talented. "Beautiful...just beautiful..."

"Oh pfft, I can handle the cold" He cracked, nudging her playfully. "I've been to Hoth, and Ilum and more cold planets then you can name, young lady. This is nothing!" He would snark, chuckling still. "Buuuut, if you insist....." He added with a smile as he headed in with her. He couldn't let her get away with that without a bit of snark, could he? He had a feeling she was chilly herself, she seemed much too in a hurry to get back inside even when he had insisted that he was fine.

He walked with her, enjoying the view of - hah you thought I was going to say something else didn't you - the tapestries and the decorations. "Indeed" He said, gazing at the decorative items. "Could use a few more piss day old artifacts though. Feels more like home" He joked. The Jedi Temples were lined with old artifacts, of course, that was the joke there.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

She smirked as he called her the young lady when she was almost a decade older than he was. Almost. And then he commented on the lack of artifacts. "Well, you could always go and buy some for him, Mr. Star Interior Decorator. I'm sure that he'd just love your old folk style." Too much decoration would make a place feel cluttered. But this was just fine.

The "young lady" part had been in jest, of course. He could have called her something involving the elderly, but that would have made things sour fast. Or perhaps not... He'd have to remember to make a crack about her age at some point. "Do I look like I make as much as a Senator does, Senator Kay?" The Jedi would crack toward her with a playful smirk. "I'm shocked I manage to keep myself afloat"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay narrowed her eyes at him. Of course the look wasn't meant to be serious. "I am but a lowly Senator among thousands. Ministers make much more pay than I do. Why I can't even afford to have an assistant." She threw her arms up in the air as if it was the worst situation in the world to be in.

"Do remember I'm a Jedi, Lady Kay. And not one of those Republic Jedi either. I get paid less then even they do, and that wasn't a whole lot to begin with" He corrected, chuckling. "Politicians get paid a lot more then the ones who actually go out there and fight do. I never got that logic, but that's the Republic for you" He remarked, shrugging. "No offense to you, of course, I know you go out and do your part. I just mean in general, most of your... Co-workers sit on their asses and debate on how to enslave the Jedi, while the Jedi actually go out and be the backbone, whether they want to be or not" Josh would correct.

He then chuckled. "Ohhh noooo. Senator Kay can't afford an assistant for Senatorial duties" He cracked. "What ever should she do?"

"Seriously though, my outside ventures, that I stumbled into by luck and the idioticy of someone who thought he could pass off his debts to someone who just saved his life, are the only reason I have somewhere to sleep" He remarked, shrugging.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Being corrected. She was used to that by some of the Jedi and kept hearing a lot of it before she was exiled. But it wasn't her fault for the way things were. She just chose to be different than what was expected of her.

"If it were up to me, you'd all be paid well and none of you would be controlled as you are allies, not tools or property of the Republic. And if it makes you feel any better, the house I stay in is not my own. Even then I am hardly ever there. I just can't....sit still for long. Not when there's so much that I need to do and so many places to be. And I can't make it easy for the bounty hunters either."

"I'm aware" He spoke, letting out a sigh. "Unfortunately, you don't speak for the majority. It'd be nice if you did. But the state of how things are now just proves just how much the Republic has taken the Jedi for granted. And it may take the Jedi seceding from the Republic to see just what they'd do without the Jedi doing everything for them for them to truly realize just how vital the Jedi are. The Republic won't last a month without the Jedi and they should know that" he would add.

"I own a nice home in the woods, actually... But no thanks to the Republic" he revealed. "On my Sanctum salary, I don't think I'd even be able to pay upkeep on my ship. I hardly could with Republic pay and my old ship was a really old model. I refrained from upgrading until I could afford it, both the ship itself and the upkeep" Josh would admit. "Funny story on how I got the credits actually... I was on Tatooine and this doofus got himself in trouble with some debt collectors. He claimed they were criminals so I scared them off. I was really young at the time and he decided that as a... -Cough-... "Reward"... He'd give me his business for free as he wanted out of it. Turns out he had been underpaying his employees, had a load of debt and wasn't using the profits to advance the business. So... While he did it to free himself of debt at my expense, I changed how profits were being handled as well as how the business was run. I had a more open mind and listened to worker suggestions. Their suggestions were great and I ended up using nearly every single bit of the profits to pay the employees and to further the business so we could make more money. I took very very little for myself for a very long time. The business became incredibly successful, and made a lot of credits, and the employees kept asking me to take some of it for myself because I had refused to, and was just running on crappy Republic Jedi pay. When I left... Well, they threatened to quit if I didn't take a bigger piece of the pie, figured I could afford to and needed to stop being so foolish and reward myself. So I used the money to have a nice place built in Naboo for me to go into exile for a little while, re-train, clear my head, base my slaver bashing operations out of. Stuff like that. And to run the business from too, of course, but my manager there does well with it when I'm not able. I'm even able to afford upkeep on a better ship. Not thaf I bought a new one when I upgraded. I was given a new ship as reward for a Republic invasion but kept it in storage because I couldn't afford to keep it running with meager Republic pay" The Jedi would explain. "So I'm happy with my financial sithation now, but only because I've done it outside of my employment, and on my own"

Kay-Larr

"I was the COO of Armatech for a short time. I had a massive salary, as well as my own ship, crew and security detail. It was nice for a while, but then the company changed directions. They went from being a company that once defended others from oppression and took care of all of it's workers and their families, to a massive military machine that invades other worlds and oppresses it's people. I don't know why it changed....I saw it coming and so I left. I gave back the salary and everything. Now most of what I make goes towards my efforts to fight the Cartel. And maybe one day...I'll end up fighting my old boss..."

"So you worked for the Hutt Cartel?" Joshua would inquire as he looked over at the Senator with a raised eyebrow. A former criminal turned Senator? He hadn't heard that one before. Okay, he'd heard that one -many- times. And current criminals too. He'd say that was the majority, actually. But bashing Senator corruption aside, he then nodded.

"I'm happy at the very least that I can not only support myself, but give jobs and a life to people who wouldn't have it otherwise on a planet like Tatooine. I didn't really look at it like that at first. At first, to me, it was a hassle. Something I got tricked into, and only didn't sell because nobody would, and if I shut it down, I'd feel bad for putting them out of work. Now I embrace it. The amount of work on my part's minimal, luckily. They can handle things when I'm gone, but a lot of major aspects still require my input. I had to take time to learn more about finances just to do it right, more for their ability to have decent paying jobs then anything" Josh would explain.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay shook her head. "I will never work for the Cartel. I worked for ArmaTech which now supplies the Techno Union and perhaps the One Sith. They used to be on the side of the Republic, but now....I just don't understand it."

She frowned a little as she had hoped to get to the bottom of it one day. But then she heard of the good work that Joshua was doing. "See? You have more wealth than I do. You have staff that help with the finances and everything, whereas all of my money goes towards hiring mercenaries and ships."

".... Somehow, that's even worse then working for the Hutt Cartel" The Jedi would remark with a facepalm. "The Cartel are just criminals. The Union and One Sith are glorified space terrorists" Josh would remark, letting out a sigh. "Still good that you got out of there though. Senator probably isn't much better but... Take what you can get, right?" He would tease, nudging her playfully.

"I still manage the finances to a degree. Decision making and finances are my job mainly. But some of the employees help me streamline and report it more simplified so I can handle
It more quickly" he would add. "Quicker I do it, the quicker they get paid"

Kay-Larr

His first remarks were making her feel bad. "Hey....I quit ArmaTech before their contracts with the Techno Union and the One Sith. And the Senate job was the first thing that was offered." But then Joshua teased her, and so she just smirked and pushed him away.

"You're lucky that I'm not one of those snooty Senators, or else you'd be in a lot of trouble....."

He nudged her playfully right back. "A snootier Senator would be missing an arm at that point, Senator Kay" The Jedi would respond back with a chuckle. "I don't respond well to people trying to cause me trouble. Why do people think its smart to threaten the people with glowing deathsticks and telekinetic powers anyway? It's a death wish. Sure, we're nicer then the Sith... But even Jedi have to defend themselves when they need to"

"And I'm glad you left you did" he added. "A smart girl like you is better on our side then against us" He joked cheekily.

Kay-Larr

She stepped aside to avoid the nudge, then stuck her tongue out at him like a youngling would. But in the back of her mind she was thinking about the Senate and having to defend herself against them. It was a sad state of affairs.

"I will be sure to keep you out of the trouble that I get myself into. We wouldn't want your employees to lose their boss so soon. Or I'll never hear the end of it."

Playful, was she? So what did he do in response? Gently grabbed her arm and pulled her back, nudging her twice just to get at her for that and then releasing her, sticking his tongue out at her right back playfully. He could play that game, after all. He hadn't been rough with her, of course. It was gentle, almost elegant. But strong in a way that she probably wouldn't be able to pull back.

He laughed a bit at her response. "Sweetheart, everywhere I go, I find trouble. It always seems to find me. So it doesn't make a difference to me"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

She smirked as he wasn't letting her get away from his nudges. It just wasn't fair. She'd have to be more squirmier next time, but she was in a fancy dress that she couldn't risk ruining.

"Trouble always finds you, does it? Same here, though to be honest I probably cause a lot of it as well. So it's no wonder that I spotted you in the gardens."

While he had her there, he couldn't resist messing around just a little. So what did he do? He would pull her under his arm and give her a gentle noogie, laughing a bit. Ginger payback, he supposed. Although he did at least fix her hair afterword, as a courtesy. He wasn't entirely cruel, after all.

"I'm sure you cause yourself quite a bit of trouble, Senator Kay" Josh would tease with a chuckle. "Perhaps a bit too much"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom