Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Festival Under the Stars (Open to All)

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

"You don't have to lie....just maybe not say anything at all. There are circumstances that call for that." The same could be said about breaking rules as well. But there wasn't much of a need to go into it. At least, not right now.

Kay ate another spoonful of her savoury dessert. "Yeah, I wouldn't be caught dead dancing alone either. Or singing or anything of the sort in public. Everyone else that can do it are really brave in my books."

"Noooot always a choice. Some people just don't let you go without a word. They gotta hear it, even if they just want to hear you say what they want to hear" He remarked, shrugging off-handedly again. "People are vain like that, not entirely sure why, but they just gotta hear it. Problem is, I tend to disappoint since I usually speak the first thing that comes to mind" He added, chuckling a bit.

He would eat a bit more of his frozen treat before looking over at her. "Yeaaaahhh.... Don't know if I can sing" He remarked, with a smirk. "I don't plan to try"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

"Well....You haven't said anything that's disappointed me." She took another spoonful of her frozen cream. Maybe a bit too big. Kay wiped one of the corners of her mouth with her hand. No need to make a mess of herself. She grinned, "Maybe when I get to be as old as you, I'll be just as wise." Quickly she side stepped out of the way, just in case he would give her a little shove or something for poking fun at him.

"That's because I haven't wholly disagreed with you yet" The Jedi Master would tease with a playful little smile. But her next comment made him laugh. Hard. He would take a few more bites of the ice cream before looking over at her.

"My dear Lady Kay. Do take a guess at my age. Go on. Make an honest attempt. I won't be offended..... Much" The Jedi would remark with a grin. "And then maybe I'll make a guess at yours afterword.... Just to make it fair"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

She smirked. No doubt they would end up disagreeing about things in the future. But that's because of their different paths in life.

And then he wanted her to guess his age. Oh she was horrible at such things. But she made a show of it anyways, walking around him, seeming to study him like a work of art. She squinted her eyes a bit, as if that would help her guess. "Hmmmm....Thirty-two?"

The Jedi would smirk a bit as he watched her examine him a bit, and then laughed hard at her answer. The grin on his face was evident.

"Well.... Let's see... I'd say you're about thirty one" He answered. "But I guess I might as well tell you the answer for mine..."

He took a breath, the grin never leaving his face. "Dear Kay... I'm only twenty-two. You're way off" He remarked, chuckling.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

She blinked. "That's all? I guess that with everything you've experienced, it makes you appear older."

Kay finished off her frozen cream. "I'm twenty-nine, myself. So you were close. Good guess. I'm glad that we didn't put a wager on it." Not that she would anyways as she had always been a bad guesser when it came to ages.

"I get that a long" He remarked, chuckling a bit. "I've been a Jedi since I was five. So I haven't really had time to be anything else besides a Jedi. It's also why I am as I am without.... You know. Being old and wrinkly and having a giant grey beard" He joked, shooting her a grin. As he finished off his ice cream, he nodded a bit when she spoke her age. "Well, I wasn't THAT off" He would tease, smirking over at her.

"Yeah..... Wagers wouldn't have been good" He admitted. "I'm bloody terrible at gambling"

He looked over at the dance area, and a smirk crossed his face. "So, you danced with Solan, eh?"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

"Oh you'll get that old grey beard soon enough, and use your lightsaber as a cane." Kay grinned and then laughed. She wasn't much of a gambler either, in the credit sense anyways. Though every mission she gives herself is a gamble. Every action against the Cartel is a gamble as well.

As Joshua looked to the dance floor and remarked about her dancing, she smirked and handed her dishes to one of the butlers. "Yes...I wasn't planning on dancing, but he asked. And though I did warn him about my likelihood of stepping on his feet, he still insisted. And how could I turn down the request of a friend?"

"My lightsaber as a cane, huh?" The Jedi with respond, an amused expression hitting his lips immediately as he just HAD to imagine himself using his lightsaber as a cane! How did a warriors weapon turn into a cane? Yeesh. He'd be old as all hell one day, would he really need it though?

He laughed when she explained what had happened with Solan. "Weeeelll... For me, horrible to dance alone, semi decent with a friend... How about a dance then, if you're not too shy to go for round 2?" The Jedi would crack with a faint smirk toward the Senator. Dance with a Senator? Preposterous. Oh okay, why not.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay raised both brows at the request to dance. That was unexpected, given that he seemed to feel the same way about dancing as she did. "Well....if you think your feet are strong enough to handle being stepped on..." She winked as she grinned. Yet instead of waiting until a new song started, she just entered the dance floor partway through and then held her arms in position. Yup, Kay was cheating.

Of course he did. But two in the same direction might as well try, right? What's the worst that could happen? It wasn't like they'd get in trouble for dancing just because of them associating with each other. They'd been talking all night, at this point, associating them was way too easy by how much time they had spent together on the night. "Oh pfft" He remarked, rolling his eyes. "Just in case, I always wear shoes to these occasions that are both comfortable, and that I could probably fight in if I wanted to" He remarked, pulling up his pantleg a bit to reveal that he was wearing... Combat boots! Which while he'd meant to bring them in case something went wrong and he didn't want to be slowed down when innocents were in danger, they could also protect his feet if someone happened to be rather... Clumsy-footed.

He walked alongside her, taking her offer mid-song.

(Will leave it up to you what kind of song :p )

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

https://youtu.be/yegf9ipzYHw

Well it was a good thing that he had combat boots. The song was a lively one and she had stepped on his feet a few times as she lost them both in the crowd, getting herself just a tad dizzy as they spun around.

When the song was over, breathed a sigh of relief as she also caught her breath. "Woo!...Well that certainly was a workout. I think that I need some fresh air again and to spare your feet. What about you?"

He recalled the dance interestingly. It had been a more... Lively one, for sure. He had done the usual few steps, and then with an interesting amount of strength, spun Kay around like a top, but with an elegant grace. It was as though he had done this before. He had a noble's sort of grace, it was... Interesting, to say the least. It wasn't a side that he showed often but as the spin ended, he dipped her. For the first dip, he allowed his nose to touch Kay's and presented her with a cheeky, playful smile. And just to cap it off, a small, gentle albeit impactful smack on the rump. It seemed his mood was back to it's more playful stance after the dance had brightened them both.

Further dips wouldn't have as much... Dramatization to them. He dipped normally, not giving it the same attention he did for prior ones. The strength remained, but the antics... Less so. Finally, the dance would end, and he would take a deep breath once it had, catching his breath, though he seemed to be breathing more moderately in comparison. Physical activity wasn't that much of a stresser for him now. "I didn't feel a thing" He cracked, chuckling a bit. "Some fresh air could do us both some good though"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Well he was certainly a better dancer than he led on, that's for sure and certain. Kay was dipped so much, she felt like an appetizer in a buffet. The closeness though was something that she wasn't quite used to. And that smack on her bottom was a bit of a shock! If Shaw was there now he'd.....most likely laugh. Her heart was always just for him and he knew it. So he never had to worry.

After Josh agreed to the fresh air, she led the way. "Well with all that dipping, I'm sure that your back will feel it in the morning." She smirked. "But seriously though, you have nothing to worry about as you are a great dancer."

He hadn't really thought of it, to be honest. Acted in the spirit of things had been his game, he'd had fun, and she seemed to have fun. That was the best thing that could be done. If she wasn't mad about it, then he wasn't upset about it and he didn't regret it. They'd had fun. That was all that he knew about that and all that mattered. He knew she still grieved about her husband, and he wasn't trying to pull the moves on her. He didn't need to. What happens, happens. He never felt the need to force anything... He just left it all to the Force to decide.

As he let her lead the way, he laughed in response to her words. "I'm sure it will" He remarked. "And you're not bad yourself, M'Lady. Though I think I still need a bit of work" He added, chuckling. "Not really used to it"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

She fidgeted a little as he complimented her dancing. Solan had said basically the same thing. She just couldn't see it enough to agree. But as she fidgeted Kay also laughed. "I'm not used to it either. You should have seen me earlier. I was pretending to be in a fight practice while I danced. It was all that I could do to keep my eyes off of my feet."

That in itself probably looked funny. It was pretty much common knowledge that most girls knew how to dance. She was just the exception to the rule. Much the same as how she wasn't used to dressing up too fancy.

"Well, you seem to be doing fine as is. I kind of wish I had practice prior to you, like you did, so I could have done better" The Jedi would crack cheekily in return. "You at least had practice. Although you didn't have to lead, either" Josh would joke.

He hadn't had any lessons, or anything of the sort... He just ended up thrown to the wolves and had to survive on instinct alone. Over time, he just... Learned, he supposed. He didn't even have time for lessons... Not that he felt he could bear to do them. He'd look bloody ridiculous!

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Oh right. She did lead on that one, didn't she? Well at least partly anyways. "Hey, if I had led through that entire thing, then it would've been me dipping and twirling you, not the other way around."

Kay smirked. This was not how she had expected the night to go. She had spent a good manner of days working on building an emergency shelter or hideaway for herself and others, mainly to keep the Jackals out. But this festival was meant to help bring her out of her shock from her capture and incarceration in Hutt custody. With Josh's help, it seemed to be working.

He wouldn't say that she -led- but she could believe what she would like. "Right" He remarked, laughing a bit. "It's a little chilly, though it's nice to get some air. You're not cold, Lady Kay?" He would inquire, smiling a bit.

It had been an... Interesting night, to say the least. He'd come really just to see if he could find any information among the crowds. But he'd ended up making a friend. It was compelling to see what could just pop up at you, huh? But, the night didn't appear to be over just yet. Alas, it was nice to at least get a slight reprieve.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom