Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Day in the Life of a Jedi

Diana took in a deep breath as a powerful gust of wind struck her. She smiled slightly as she closed her eyes and let the powerful rays of sunlight strike her. Cato Neimoida was a beautiful world, most of the cities and palaces were so high up into the sky that it was impossible to see from the ground, the Jedi Temple here was no exception. This was one of her favorite planets, it was beautiful, quiet, and best of all...isolated. The temple here was situated high into the mountains, it was the only thing for miles.

The Mountain itself was hollowed out, an ancient fortress built during a war known as the “Clone Wars”. It was such a long time that no one alive today remembered it, but in the temple on Tython it was briefly mentioned in several books, books that Diana had read.

The Fortress itself didn't interest her, but it had peeked the interest of several other Padawans. They wanted to explore the catacombs beneath the temple, and although Diana was usually not a social creature she had decided she would come with. Her Master Darron had pointed out to her that getting to know some of her Peer's would be a good thing, and so she had followed his advice.

That was why Diana now stood before the entrance to the catacombs of Cato Neimodia, waiting for her fellow padawans.

Though normally silent, Vulpesen had no problem with speaking with his peers. The fact he hadn't was simply a matter of circumstance. Once offered the chance to join the group on a trip, Vulpesen was delighted. He was more so delighted to hear the destination. Cato Neimodia's significance during the Clone Wars was taught in several books he had read on his home planet of Amar. Vulpesen had been all arou nd the galaxy, but this world was unlike any he'd ever seen, and though he preferred the breath taking splendor of places such as New Alderaan, he was far from disappointed by the view. Still, he couldn't wait to see what was below this beautiful surface.
"So, what secrets do you think we might find down there?" His eyes snapped to the other apprentices. He'd had contacts during his adventures, but never a true group of peers. It was good to finally have crew he could trust. Especially when the crew seemed as interesting as some of the characters that he had already gotten to know a bit about.

"Secrets? I'll be happy if they've got some food. I'm as hungry as a hutt!" To emphasize my words, my stomach rumbled. All this Jedi training left me with an enormous appetite; I mean, I'd been a big eater before, but this was ridiculous! I'd tried to get meal times extended to twice the standard length, but alas, the council had shot me down. They'd said something about 'meditating more and stuffing your face less', but I hadn't really been paying attention; to busy stuffing my face, I suppose.

I hadn't had a chance to grab a bite on the transport, and now that we were at the catacombs, I'd have to suffer its dark, dank depths on an empty stomach. I'd been trying to learn how to sustain myself on the Force, but I wasn't making much headway; all I'd managed was to make myself hungrier. I'd been later told that I'd sped up my metabolism. I figured that was great if I wanted to burn off a stomach full of corellian ale, but it certainly hadn't stopped my cravings for nerf burgers. Feeling the Force was a piece of cake -- getting it to do what you wanted was a different matter entirely. Some things just came intuitively, easily even -- the rest was like learning rocket science.

Nevermind that I knew rocket science. And droid science. Explosive science, engine science; pretty much every science that existed. I was a little rough around the edges, sure, a bit too much wild-spacer boy and not enough young jedi, but if I knew anything, it was technology. Maybe that's why I was having trouble manipulating the force. Technology dealt in facts, in absolutes -- numbers, equations, formulas, algorithms. The Force was something else entirely.

But I was figuring it out though, bit by bit, step by step. I wasn't Jedi Knight material, not yet, but... I would be. Nobody ever said Kale Arkin the third was a slacker. A spice-addicted sleemo, maybe, but I'd been called worse, so it was no skin off my back. Besides, thanks to the Force, I was as fit as a felucian fiddle. No more spice. No more sleemo. Just plain, Force-aware Kale, with dashing good looks, a wicked grin, and a steady trigger finger. Modest, too.

I thumbed my blaster while we waited, even as my other hand fiddled with the handle of my trusting training saber. It was enough to block blaster bolts, but it wouldn't be cutting through anything. I doubted I needed either of them, but I never left home without them, either. I was just cautious like that.

"So, while we wait... who's up for a nice game of 'go find your good friend Kale some food'?" Might as well get something good done, eh?

Vulpesen cast a glance to Kale. Sure he enjoyed interesting company, but sometimes he preferred a different kind of interesting. "Maybe if you came more prepared, or learned the right force techniques, you could focus more on the possibilities of what lay before us, and not the possibilities of what lay under a dish." His words were harsh, but he could never refuse a time to help in any matter, no matter how small. Some days he had told himself exact same harsh words, relying on force trances to get to the next planet without dying of starvation. Vulpesen ruffled through the bag at his side and pulled out a large piece of fruit, which he then tossed to Kale.

I snatched the fruit out of the air. "Thanks pal'." I held out a fist. "Put er' there." I promptly bit into the fruit, savoring the sweet, delicious favor. The Jedi had the best food. I finished the snack in small order, taking care not to eat too fast, less I embarrass myself. Ravenous hunger sated, I addressed Vulpesen's words.

"Why waste my time worrying? It won't change what happens, when it happens. You could think about what's down in those catacombs for a thousand years -- whatever's down there is still going to be down there." Didn't he know anything about the Living Force? "Best to wait and see what comes, and deal with whatever arises. You know, trust your gut and all that." I knew a thing or too about trusting my gut. "Tell em', Diana." I waved a thumb in her direction. "She knows what I'm talking about." I didn't, in all actuality, have the slightest clue what Diana knew, but when I was on a roll, I was on a roll.

@[member="Vulpesen"] @[member="Diana Moridena"]​

Diana twisted her head to look at the other two Padawans. There was an expression of pure abject apathy on her face as she did so and the look in her eyes could only be described as menacing. He had no idea what the two men had been talking about, as always Diana had been lost in her own little world. When she had heard her name called however she had almost immediately snapped back into reality, much to her annoyance.

“I have no idea.” She simply said deadpan as could be. Surprisingly that was the truth, since she had absolutely no idea what the two had been saying.

Without another word however Diana stepped forward and away from the other two, walking towards the entrance of the catacombs and taking out a glow wand. She cracked the small plastic tube over her knee and took another step into the darkness. An echo resounded form her feet and a small frown formed on her face.

Was it to be only the three of them? She had thought more would come. “Are any others coming?”

Vulpesen flash a victorious grin in Kale's direction. The first grin he had allowed by the other padawans now that he thought of it. "The force is always in motion. Governments fall and planets are destroyed, what's to protect these catacombs from thieves and desecraters. The force has called me to find its secrets since as long as I can remember. Who am I to deny the will of the force?"

Having completed his small speech, Vulpesen turned to follow Diana. "I think I saw a few on the ship, they may have gone into the city. Whether or not they'll come to find us here, I'm not sure." Upon enetering the catacombs, Vulpesen decided not to use his glow wand, but instead opened up to the force, there was no reason to neglect his training, even when on a simple trip like this. The power flowed through him, giving that momentary high that he had come to enjoy, then his eyes were opened, seeing everything in a different light. It was blurry and flicker from his lack of formal training, but he could still maneuver. Despite his training, Vulpesen was glad for Diana's glow wand which gave him just enough light to work with the force and see clearly... for the most part.

Hood

H
Striding forward, a sense of calm about the young man, Hood was clad in his usual emerald green hooded vest and pant suit. On his left hip hung from an integrated hook, were both his now folded compound bow, and a quiver full of 25 standard Alumisteel arrows. Opposite the duo, clinging to his belt via the extra extension of rope, sat his Dragons Fang - the 2 foot hatchet was always on his person. Though they had no intentions of battle, Hood had learned long ago to never go anywhere unarmed. Not in a galaxy that would see you dead or enslaved.

Speaking to the redheaded female directly, Hood began, "I'm here as well. Sorry for my delay." He hadn't intended to be late, but his damned boots untied and tripped him before he could even leave his home. With a ruined pair of boots, he had to immediately turn and retry his attempt to ready and depart. At least he had arrived though, as despite his hatred of such, he knew he was notorious for forgetting things.

@[member="Hood"] @[member="Vulpesen"] @[member="Diana Moridena"] @[member="Kale Arkin"]​

Unity his recently constructed blue shaded lightsaber clipped to his waist, blue in beam, midnight blue of hilt, and smooth of design, it was a bit rough around the edges, with grey ridges framing the extreme's of its cylindrical hilt, however unmistakably focused in its conception. Getting to know your ground was important, knowing the ground around your order's temples was critical. He was already thinking more and more along the lines of strategy, as the days of his training wore on it was what he was immersed in. Finding his role in its calling.

So when another padawan had spoken about exploring the catacombs Kei had been keen, he had something to get out of his system as well, if the rumors were true about a certain corsair girl getting in over her head on the fringe, that and the Master @[member="Syn"] that had brought him to the temple actually going pirate. He sure hoped not, but anyway there was that bug in his system that needed working out the only way he knew how, at present, physical exercise.

"Wouldn't miss it." The thinnest lines of stubble on a strong jawline holding a solid grin for them all.

Kei offered a firm nod to the group, giving a pat on the arm to Kale. Dressed up closer fitting tanned tunic robes, tucked into black boots, more a shirt than a robe but temple attire all the same, a black undershirt you could see, along with a thick black utility belt. The robes itched still, training him to resist physical sensations but it just itched at the moment. Like Vulpesen the force called to him in its own way, the protection of the republic and the order how it spoke, understanding the foundations of temples would prove invaluable to that goal.

Falling in behind them, he took his time scoping out their surroundings, eyes of a sniper always, the light was terrible but the details not lost on him. A warrior's defensive mindset was a natural reaction to the unseen.

ooc work solid, slower posting, skip me but looks great!

Goverments? Planets? Thieves? Desecraters? He'd lost me at motion; his whole speech had had almost nothing to do with what I said. More than almost; in fact, just replace 'almost' with 'literally'. Figures that one of the padawans would be the "doom and gloom" type. In his defense, he had given my a piece of fruit, so I save off on judging him 'batshavit' crazy and just settle on 'monkey lizard' crazy. Maybe he burned too many incense when he meditated?

We were joined by another young jedi, this one carrying a bow, of all things, and then Kei, one of the padawans I'd met during the week-long lightsaber training session back on Tython. He patted my arm in greeting and I nodded in return, giving a brief, "Yo," before following Diana into the catacombs. Speaking of Diana, she'd completely left me hanging back there; in fact, I didn't think she'd even realized we were talking at all.

"So guys," I began, pulling out a glow wand of my own. "I know Kei, and I've met Vulpessen, but I don't know you two that well," I continued, indicating Diana and Hood. "My name's Kale, if you didn't already know. I was 'recruited' to the Jedi Order by my sister, Iella, and her Master, Synlindwhir." I glanced to Hood, then Diana. "What's your story?" I asked the red head. Hood could go last -- you know, ladies first and all thta rot.

@[member="Kei Amadis"] @[member="Hood"] @[member="Vulpesen"] @[member="Diana Moridena"]​

Lilia Dur'iar

L
Lilia hurried to the others, skidding to a halt and spraying up a fine spray of grit. "Sorry I'm late." She said cheerfully, pushing her hair out of her eyes. Briefly she cursed herself for not bringing a hairtie, then remembered that they gave her headaches from pulling on her scalp.

"Did I miss anything important?" She asked, running an eye over the other Padawans who'd arrived - earlier then she had, at any rate. Mister Intense was there, and Kale. There was also a redhead girl and two other guys she didn't recognize.

@[member="Kale Arkin"] @[member="Kei Amadis"] @[member="Hood"] @[member="Vulpesen"] @[member="Diana Moridena"]

“I was brought to the Order as a child. I grew up here.” Diana's voice was once again deadpan, though this time it was not an intentional slight against the man. The young girl was caught up in the majesty of the darkness before her. She looked into the blackness with pale orange eyes, trying to see beyond the rim of the light her glowstick. She hardly noticed when the other apprentice arrived at the mouth of the catacombs, finally though when the girl spoke Diana looked back.

There was a simple smile on her face in soft greeting, other than that she said nothing. She counted the apprentices that were now here and decided that six was enough to move forward. She had no idea if others were coming, but they could catch up.

Slowly and with sure feet Diana began to move through the darkness, leading the way for the other apprentices. She had always been one to go first into the heat of things. Despite her Apathy Diana did not lack for bravery...or perhaps it was because of her apathy that she had bravery, quite honestly it was difficult to tell.

"Hello Lilia." Despite being known as intense, Vulpesen's demeanor was seeming to rise. Being trapped in a temple was not a plaace for an explorer and had in turn affected his mood. Now, free from masters and scheduled training, Vulpesen allowed his mind to explore and his demeanor to become more relaxed. The change in scenery had a visible effect on him as well as a mental. His eyes seemed to brighten (though this may have been a side effect on their force enhancement) and his motions become more expressive. "I was wondering if you would come along."
"Was this the group you had in mind?" He asked Diana before turning back to the catacombs, his hand drifting into his jacket, where he kept his smaller possessions, including a training saber he enjoyed using as a bluff against any trouble. "Because the last time I entered a dark place like this, I became a jedi."

(call me an idiot if you wish but as this is my first time on a forum based chat, I've never learned how to mention someone in a post. If its the @mention, then it doesn't work for me.)

Lilia Dur'iar

L
@[member="Vulpesen"]

Lilia's eyebrows rose, but she shrugged. "I'd ask how you knew my name, but I think you picked it up from my sparring match with Spacehead." She told him, jerking her head in Kale's direction, winking at the taller Padawan to show she didn't mean it...much.
"I was wondering if you would come along."
"Wouldn't miss it." She said cheerfully, smacking a few more strands of blonde hair out of her eyes. Stupid hair.

Nodding to Lilia as she moved past, Kei remained at the back of the group, far enough for arm room but not much more from the rest of them. The padawan at the front looked like she could handle herself, she had in the archives after all, against heck knows what that monster was they had both fought. So Kei watched their backs instead, striking a blue glow stick and attaching it to his belt so he had both hands free. Their lighting bounced off the rocky walls, offering more certainty to the ground, stronger together because they lit the way for each other, providing more combined light. He couldn't help but grin, reminding him of old times, and the crew dodging crystal hunters in caves or bunkers, huddling together around a small fire they all built together. It hadn't been easy those times, but it still brought a smile to his face.

Watching the padawans ahead silently, and keeping a lookout behind them, or to any side passage that came their way. The longer he heard them banter together, the more protective he became, like his crew, he was looking out for them in the same way. Listening to @[member="Kale Arkin"] break the ice, and the others, he didn't offer anything of himself, instead asking questions of the group.

"What was that like?" He asked @[member="Diana Moridena"] specifically, interested as to what a child would think of the Jedi, from their perspective.

"What made you know, in that moment, that you were a Jedi?" He offered to @[member="Vulpesen"], making conversation, the dark usually made men focus, what they did in the little light they found defined them, like this tunnel they were in.

He did notice that @[member="Lilia Dur'iar"] concentrated on others, not herself, it made him grin for a moment, every one of them had their strengths, that strength would only grow as their connection to the force did. This much he knew, without being told.

Vulpesen looked to @[member="Kei Amadis"]. He'd never been asked such a question. He had simply been accepted to the temple and had then proceeded to stay in the back ground for five weeks before finally appearing to a select few others. Still, he figured it was a fair question and one that deserved to be answered. He reached into his jacket's inner pocket and pulled out a dark crystal. "This was on my home world" he tossed the crystal to Kei. "Stygium crystals allow their users to more easily disappear into the force, and I bonded with it within a Jedi grave. I'll admit I wasn't sure at the time, whether or not I'd be a Jedi but that was the moment I decided to leave Amar and learn about the Force." As he finished talking, Vulpesen held up his hand and pulled the crystal back to himself. It was rare for him to give it to another, for it was his goal to someday integrate it into his own lightsaber. "How did you find out?"

Diana did not answer the man for quite some time, she was too engaged in finding her path through the darkness. Slowly she wandered through the darkness of the catacombs. She couldn't help but feel uneasy as they got deeper and deeper into the darkness. She wondered what was hiding down here, what ancient secrets were here. She frowned slightly, and then remembered that the man had asked her a question, rather politely too.

She decided to answer. “I suppose it was like any childhood. We were fed, taken care of, given free time, and of course trained in the ways of the Jedi.”

Diana had of course nothing to compare her upbringing to. She hardly remembered her time on Kiffu given that she had only been four years old and beyond that she had never known a life outside of the Jedi Temple. She didn't dislike the time she had spent with the Jedi, but she did not love it either.

Truthfully her upbringing had been the reason for her Apathy, though again Diana found it rather difficult to care.

“Why do you ask?” Diana replied quietly as she unwittingly stepped over the broken parts of a B1-battledroid.

Hood

H
Hood remained silent as the others spoke about themselves. It wasn't he was against socialism, he simply was overrun by the others voices (lol sorry I fell behind a moment). Besides, though his story had it's interesting times, it was rather bleak and sorrow full. He wouldn't wish it on another if he hated them. But, despite all of his hardships he had come through alright. He was far older than many before him, but in the eyes of both his people's he was roughly the same as the younglings before him.

But, he would not remain unnamed. In 1.38 seconds, Hood's bow was righted and aimed, an ivory colored arrow notched against it's tightly drawn string. Leasing it with just as swift and precise movements, he smiled at the others and bowed, "Hood. Not of the worst nor best living and as such no real story to tell. Technically I am not even an initiate in the Jedi. Having no Master, I call myself a Padawan until that day." As he finished he stood, and stepped a few inches backward to grin as the arrow he fired finally came back down...

Bearing a beautiful rose like flower attached to the shaft, just before the feet of the redhead whom was just beginning to enter..

"Archery is my thing." He said as he walked forward and grabbed the spear like weapon. Tossing the little girl the flower he looked about inside, it was dark. But his senses were better than most. Not quite the full Energy Vamps range, but he could see adequately in the dark and with the glowstick it was even easier.

@[member="Diana Moridena"] @Vulpesen @Kei Amadis @[member="Lilia Dur'iar"] @[member="Kale Arkin"]

A lifer, huh? Diana really had the whole 'emotion-less jedi' thing down. It was kind of depressing. I looked to Hood to hear what he had to say when Lilia arrived in a rush of blond hair and blue eyes.
"Did I miss anything important?"

"You missed feeding me," I told her, smiling, "but don't worry, there'll be more chances in the future." Hood took the opportunity to show off his arrow-shooting skills before introducing himself; then he showed off his arrow catching skills, and presented Diana with a rose.

How touching. How cheesy.

Lilia rounded out the group of six, including myself, Kei, Vulpy (as I'd aptly named him in my head), Diana, and Hood. Six padawans headed into the bleak, dark catacombs -- I'd consider our 'mission' a success if all six padawans walked out. Diana took the point, and Kei took the rear; the rest of us formed a loose circle between them. As conversations started up, I, with a bit of slick footwork, worked my way next to Lilia. The ground was treacherous, littered with loose rocks and random parts, and if not for the glow stick illuminating my path, I probably would've fallen on my face. As it were, I didn't even stumble.

Kale, 1. Ground, 0.

"Spacehead, huh?" I gave her a roguish grin. "We haven't had enough dates for pet-names yet. This is only number two." My eyes flickered ahead to the thick shadows. I could've sworn I'd seen a flash of... something. Probably just a trick of the light, I told myself.

@[member="Hood"] @[member="Diana Moridena"] @[member="Vulpesen"] @[member="Kei Amadis"] @[member="Lilia Dur'iar"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom