Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Dark Union

Bordal
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

Valery groaned as Kahlil's entire weight rested on her, but she still managed. For as little as she was compared to him, Valery was very strong and positioned him closer to the rocks, so they could work together. Her free arm came up, and with Shan's help, she began to telekinetically lift the rocks up. Normally, this might have been a difficult task, not because of the weight, but because a mistake could result in further collapse of the caves.

But with Shan and Kahlil infected, and a Sithspawn unconscious by their feet, she had every bit of motivation to do this perfectly. She just couldn't let the people she cared about get hurt.

"Shan, run back to camp and have them set up three beds. One for you two, and one for our new friend." She looked over her shoulder and let out a soft sigh. "I'm dragging these two back." Her voice had that hint of stubbornness to it that meant she'd even go at her own husband if he were to resist for some reason. There was no arguing now — she had this. With her eyes focused on the Sithspawn, Valery tapped into the Force and gently levitated the former person turned beast.

So while she began to drag Kahlil along, she also pulled the one they were meant to rescue with them along with the Force. Once Shan was out of sight to rush into camp, she finally turned to her husband, "You never feel this heavy when we spar," she just smirked and waggled her eyebrows to keep the mood up a bit. They had to maintain hope that the villagers would be able to assist them.

"I know we shouldn't have brought him with us for this in hindsight but... he has done well. He's going to be a great Jedi,"

"Of course...Master Noble!" Shan didn't need to be told twice. Whilst he would have liked to have taken a break after using the Force, he couldn't risk standing around. Him and Kahlil were only going to get worse the longer that he stayed around and waited. Valery had her hands full anyway with Kahlil and the Sithspawn which Shan would be lying if he said he wasn't grateful they still saving it. It had probably be in confusion and pain from what had happened to it, so Shan wouldn't have been able to agree to leaving it behind. Luckily he didn't have to!

Though now the young Padawan had to run the entire way back to the village. Part of him debated whether or not he should hold his hand above his head to make it harder for the blood to flow through his body...but that would have probably made it easier for the infection to travel through his system, so instead he just ran as fast as his legs could carry him. Huffing and puffing even as his lungs were burning for oxygen. Part of him wasn't sure if it was the infection causing the burning sensation or if it was just the actual exercise but neither was important to him right now.

Eventually he managed to get back to the camp, skidding to a stop and resting his hands on his knees. It was hard for him to see right now, with everything having a slight fuzzy tint to it but he didn't need to see right now. He just had to speak.
"Need...three beds please...One for me...My master...and the creature...So probably...a good idea to keep us away from the others..."

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Valery Noble Valery Noble

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Only because I'm the one carrying you after I beat you up."

Kahlil let out a dry chuckle before he shifted enough to try and lessen the weight on her shoulder and walk on his own. Not that he could exactly walk on his own, but hey, any less amount of weight the better. He nodded, though, his expression stilling more to one of contemplation and.. Concern. A lot of concern.

".. We need to be more careful. They won't become great Jedi if they die on missions like this."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

Bordal
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

"I wasn't really talking about our spars," Valery said and left it that that. The grin on her face said it all, and Kahlil would always understand Valery being Valery. In a way, her joke was also an attempt to not focus on just how concerned she was. He was hurt, Shan was hurt, and she felt so powerless — but she wasn't. She couldn't take away the infection but through their bond, Valery could share the pain, the exhaustion and every bit of discomfort he felt. He had done this so many times for her, so now she'd be there for him.

With gritted teeth, the two then continued to approach town, where Shan had already rushed inside to warn the people and request their aid.

"Come here," the concerned villager said once he noticed how strained Shan's voice was. He helped bring him over to a bed already, and dipped his head to someone else, signaling them to get two more beds ready quickly. "But uh kid? Did I hear you correctly when you asked for a bed for the creature?" He didn't seem opposed, as he trusted the Jedi — they had called them in for a reason, after all — but it was still a rather scary thought to bring it so close to people who had been hurt by it.

"We're... almost... there," Valery meanwhile told her husband, as they fought their way into camp. Once there, Valery helped him onto a bed and reached for his hand, taking it in her own to squeeze it. "Love you, babe. Please keep fighting it. I'm going to check on Shan and I'll be back soon." She smiled weakly, kissed his cheek to give him strength, and quickly rushed over to where they had brought Shan.

"Shan?" she asked as she crouched down by his bed, "You hanging in there?"

Shan found himself just collapsing straight onto the bed as soon as he was brought over to it...Huh. That wasn't good. He thought he had a lot more energy than he actually did, but now that the adrenaline was running out from actually making his way over here, he didn't feel a rush of energy. Instead Shan just felt cold. And hot. He couldn't really explain the sensation, but it wasn't something he'd want to experience again. Though that wasn't something he could focus on. It was clear to him at least that the people were somewhat worried of the creature being brought back here, and it was his job to try and help the people, even if he, himself was terrified. But putting on a positive face was one of the things Shan was talented in.

So with a sharp inhale, Shan pushed himself into a sitting position, trying to give the villages around him a reassuring smile. He couldn't let them know that he was afraid. Afraid of the creature. Afraid of Kahlil dying. Afraid of himself dying. None of those were things he could let them know. Fear could be infectious and then who knows how the villagers would react. He just had to...calm them all down. "Yes...The creature is our best way of finding out how this sickness works. It has been in...a lot of pain. Lashing out at those who come close...but we managed to help its pain." Had they even actually helped? Shan wasn't sure. But it was better to Hope, than to give up. Hope was a bright light in this currently very dark situation in Shan's eyes. Literally, since it was getting harder for him to see clearly.

Once the Padawan finished talking, Shan just took to laying himself back down, trying to breathe. Taking sharp and shallow breaths, even though it was making his lungs scream out in burning pain more. Part of him wanted to ignite his lightsaber, just for the pain reducing effects it had, but it wasn't worth making the villagers around him panic. Instead, he tried to grin and bear with the pain, up until he heard Valery's voice from his side, turning his head to look over towards the Jedi Master, giving her a half hearted smile.

"I'm...alive. And that's all I can really ask for...Could be worse. My father's cooking always used to make me feel worse this." As much as he was trying to joke around the things, Shan couldn't bring himself to actually laugh. Instead his eyes darted around to try and make sure none of the villagers were listening, and he lowered his voice quietly in a whisper. "...I'm scared. I'm trying not to show it...I don't want to scare the villagers...but I'm so scared."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil let out a groan as he laid out on the bed. Every part of him was hurting now. Probably due to the infect. No, certainly due to the infection. That was going to make curing this difficult. He stayed laid there for all of a couple minutes before he forced himself back up to his feet. There wasn't any time to waste, not with Shan being infected. He could probably handle it if it was just him sick, after all.

Oh, yeah, the village.

He glanced around in a half daze before turning his gaze specifically to try and find the Sithspawn. There was a lot they needed to chat about.

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Bordal
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

A huff of air escaped Valery's lips when Shan was trying to joke about his father's cooking, but it was clear enough that she was still quite concerned. He was infected by a disease that they didn't quite understand yet, and other people's lives were at risk all the same. Without any real abilities to heal or help, Valery just felt powerless, and could only hope to offer some support as they fought their way through this.

"You two are going to be alright, and we're going to help these people too. I promise," she said, now reaching for his hand to gently squeeze it. But as she did, a flash of Kahlil's vision appeared in her mind, and she wasn't sure whether to be disappointed, angry or just concerned.

<Where do you think you're going?>

Her voice was loud and clear in his mind, able to cut through even the infection's daze. It wasn't often that she got very serious with him, but these were the situations where all of her protectiveness came out at once. But while Valery was a bit distracted, the doctor had made his way over, and taken a quick blood sample from Shan. His analyzing tool began to review the readings, and the doctor hummed in thought.

"His blood is remarkably strong. He may recover naturally, albeit slowly and it won't be pleasant. His body actively resists the virus," the doctor said as he turned to Valery.

"That's good, but let's be safe and work on that cure. The Sithspawn has been strapped to a bed already."

Out on one of the beds, the eyes of the beast finally opened to spot a few nurses, other sick people, but also the Jedi Master who had knocked him out. There was so much he wanted to say, but only one question really had to be answered.

"Why?"

Shan was trying his hardest to relax, even though dozens upon dozens of thoughts were running through his head. He didn't want this to be the end. He wanted to be able to do more, as his thoughts went back towards his hand. Maybe if he had cut it off, he'd feel a lot better right now...or maybe he'd feel far far worse if he actually took a moment to think about it. Just because he thought it might make him feel better doesn't mean it actually would make him feel better.

What did make the young Padawan feel better was the Doctor coming over to give Valery information. Whilst it wasn't a guarantee he was going to survive, and the pain wasn't going to be getting better anytime soon, at least it gave him more hope that he was going to live. Which meant hopefully Kahlil was going to be more likely to survive. Maybe it was something to do with the Force...Whilst normally Shan would let his mind wander, right now he just wanted to relax.

"Make sure to...be careful with the Sithspawn...I told him we didn't mean to hurt him. That we could try to help him..." He mumbled slightly, just rearranging himself in the bed to try and get comfortable. If he was going to have to go through the entire sickness, he was going to make damn sure that he was going to be comfortable.

Kahlil_Div2.png

<To do my job. Shan's not the only one sick.>

And he didn't mean himself. The voice in his head gave him quite the clarity of the room around him. The burning pain, the dull throb. Exhaustion. Perhaps he should take the moment to sit, but there was no such luxury. A Sith plague was not something that could just be ignored, regardless of how tired he felt. He came to a stop in his walk before the Sithspawn, simply giving a brief, gentle smile.

"Because the boy wanted to save you. Because I want to save you. Because everyone deserves a chance to be helped. It won't be an easy process, and I'm not sure I can completely reverse what's been done to you, but I have done it before. Worth a shot, right?"

Bordal
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

<Correct, YOU are also sick.>

Why did he have to be the type to always help people, even when he was sick or hurt himself? Valery... was just like that too, but now that he was doing it, someone she loved, it suddenly felt a lot more terrifying. It made her realize that she wasn't actually angry with him at all, but just worried.

Valery then turned back to Shan, and offered him a hopeful smile. Even now, he was vouching for the beast they had brought here, and even the doctor seemed to be able to appreciate it. If this man had been turned against his will and could be helped, then as a doctor, it was his job to make that possible, right?

He had taken an oath for this.

"We'll be careful, young Jedi. But you must rest now," he told the young Padawan.

"Alright Shan, I won't leave your side. Just tell me if I can do anything to help. Hungry? Thirsty? Need your pillow to be adjusted? Just... tell me." She had that overprotective mom type of voice, but she just couldn't help herself. She felt that this was her fault, and now he was paying the price for it.

"I don't know if I can be saved," the Sithspawn said, "But you and the boy will not die. Take a sample of my blood, and you will find the cure. But hurry..." he paused and looked up at the sky without feeling any anger or hatred inside for the first time since all of this happened to him.

"If you wait too long, the boy might not survive. His body isn't as strong in the Force as yours yet. It won't resist forever."

"I'll rest...Don't worry. I just wanted to make sure you don't blame him...He's been angry and afraid for a long time. Perhaps for as long as he can remember...It's not his fault..." Maybe it was the Sithspawn's fault, but Shan would never say that. Not in this case, where something like that might make it next to impossible for the Sithspawn to get the treatment it needed. There was no way he'd say something that would stop the Sithspawn from getting help. Everything deserved to have a chance to be better, to change and he was going to try his hardest to give the Sithspawn a second chance. Or well, he already tried his hardest. There was no way Shan was going to be able to try anymore.

A small frown did come across his face at the mention of food and drink. He was particularly thirsty but Shan wasn't sure if drinking in his condition was a great idea. Though then again, suffering in silence wasn't a great idea either so he might as well bring it up to Valery.
"I'm feeling...really thirsty. I'm not sure if it's because of the heat. I feel like I'm freezing...but at the same time like I'm melting. Wish it would just make it's mind up." He tried to sit up a little bit in the bed, mostly so that if he did get anything to drink, he wouldn't have to worry about how he was laying. It was never a good idea to give someone who was laying down water, in case it went down the wrong way at the end of the day.

However there was one thing Valery said that caused Shan to frown again. Whilst he felt reassured by her presence, part of him felt like he was distracting Valery from what he thought would have been more important.
"If you want to go see Master Kahlil, it's okay... I'm not going to end up dying whilst you're seeing him...I'm sure it'll be a relief off your shoulders to see he's alive..." He nearly said it might be a relief to see Kahlil was okay, but Shan didn't actually know if the Jedi Master was okay. But he was sure that if Kahlil was dead, Valery wouldn't be in as great an emotional place as she was right. "All I really need is to hope the both of you are okay...Can't afford to let Vera's parents be upset because of me." He gave the best smile he could, alongside a weak thumbs up. Going on his little "secret" mission with Vera wouldn't go too well, if either Kahlil or Valery came back upset or hurt.

Kahlil_Div2.png

<And the only one here with the knowhow on how to cure this. Ish. I'm not much of a doctor, but I do know Sithspawn.>

Their best bet, and the best bet of the villagers that still lived. Perhaps, even, the Sithspawn himself. He listened and nodded to the man. Then laughed and shook his head. "Don't underestimate that kid. He's the one who saved you. I'm just helping him." Though he did pretty much immediately take the blood sample. "And don't you go laying there thinking this is the end either. The last Sithspawn I cured didn't have the ability to talk or really think for itself, and that was it's own trouble. Make it easy on me, yeah?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Bordal
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

<Please be careful. I'm just... worried.>

Valery felt a huge uncomfortable weight on her mind and a tightness within her chest whenever people she cared about were in trouble, hurt or missing. She was confident that Kahlil would eventually be okay, but she just couldn't help but set her feelings aside entirely. Still, she was a Jedi and she'd always keeping going, just the way he was right now. Shan was also infected and what he told her was equally concerning.

"I'll get you some water, and just try to relax," Valery said before she leaned forward and helped him sit up just a little bit. "I'll get some blankets too, so if you get too cold, you can use them." She smiled and was about to turn away when he pulled her attention back to him. Clearly, Shan had noticed that Valery was worried about her husband, and that sympathy did make her smile. Briefly. The last thing he said made her frown just a little.

"You'll never upset the kids, don't worry. They're going to have their mom and dad back before they know it, and you're going to be safely by our side, okay?" She crouched down and placed her hands on his shoulders. "Kahlil knows what he's doing, and what we care about most right now is to make sure you recover. We'll be okay," she assured him, before finally rising to go fetch him a glass of water.

"Do not underestimate this plague," The Sithspawn told him in return. "I understand your wish to support him and make him feel strong, but this plague does not care. If you don't treat him, he will die," he said flatly before he tried to be still, so Kahlil could take the blood sample needed to create a cure.

"I will do what I can, but should it fail... I want you to kill me. Not the kid," he stressed. "I've caused him enough pain." With a frown, he laid back down, and it was at that moment Kahlil would hear Valery's voice again too.

<Babe? Shan is not feeling great. Can you come here?> she asked him, before offering Shan the glass and putting some blankets at his feet on the bed.

"There you go."

"Try to relax? No. No...I was thinking of going for a run." Shan broke out into a half hearted grin at that, trying to use humour to deflect his fear at this point. Having someone to listen to, or well talk to was a relief for Shan. As tough as he was trying to act around the villagers, they were still strangers to him, so he had felt alone when he first laid down on the bed. The help to sit up was something he was grateful for, now he'd actually be able to drink and quench the thirst that had been growing ever since they had been in the mines.

"O-Oh. I didn't mean to imply that Master Kahlil can't handle himself...I just meant they wouldn't be happy if he came back in pain." He felt like he had to clarify at that. There was no way Kahlil would be able to be taken down by a plague, at least in Shan's eyes. Shan was more worried about himself at this point, but the assurance from Valery was more than enough to help Shan relax even more as he focused on taking in steady breaths.

Once the glass of water was brought to him, Shan had to fight the urge to start chugging the liquid straight away. Instead he took slow and steady sips. Switching between drinking and breathing every couple of seconds. He had finally decided to keep his mouth shut instead of talking away. There wasn't anything else he needed to say right now, as he just wanted to focus on his own breahting.

Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Kahlil_Div2.png
"Oh I've got every intention of curing this plague. I just meant he won't die before I do. That's just how tough of a Jedi he is."

Kahlil half stumbled over to one of the lab machines, putting in the blood to process it. Find the cure within. Man he really should've asked Amani Serys Amani Serys to come along. Or, well, he would've if he'd known it was a plague sooner. Actually-

"Now stop talking about dying. It's bad for the health."

He clicked on a com. "Hey, uh. Hopefully you get this soon. I've got a plague born from a Sithspawn here. I'm sending you the details and a sample of said Sithspawn's blood. We're gonna need a cure, soon as we can get it. Think you can help?" If there was anyone to ask, it'd be the Chief Healer. With that message sent he turned his gaze towards where Shan and Valery were, smiling softly.

"Dream big. So long as you're alive, that's something you can always do."

Then he left the Sithspawn to head into the other room. Best he could anyway. Head was getting fuzzier now. Fever? Delirium? Never good.

"Hey, how ya feeling?"

Bordal
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

"Try to relax? No. No...I was thinking of going for a run."

Valery snorted and shook her head a little, but she was definitely glad to have him still joke around. As long as they kept hope high, and remained positive, they were likely going to get through this. Kahlil had already taken a blood sample and was processing it, which several doctors quickly approached him for at the machine as well, and the Force would sustain them for very long. Possibly make them survive it entirely even without a cure.

The others in the camp just wouldn't make it without the cure, and saving their lives was equally important.

"I understand, but don't worry. You two are going to feel great again soon, and we'll come home without any issues." It was one hell of a promise to make given the infection, but she just knew it to be true. It had to be true.

By the time Kahlil arrived, Valery had quickly shifted a second bed over to be close to Shan's. She looked at it, then stared at her husband for just a moment. "At least sit down, will you please?" Valery asked, as it would make her feel a lot more comfortable. If he stayed on his feet and got dizzy and fell over, she'd very much get angry. "You two need to take it easy and leave the cure to the medical professionals now."

"I'm feeling just peachy...I love feeling like I'm being dipped in boiling water...alongside being in a blizzard." Shan kept trying to joke around things, though he had to take in deeper breaths everytime he spoke. He just had to hold onto the hope that everything was going to be alright. He was sure that it would be fine, but he didn't want to hope too much in case things started to take a turn for the worst. As he breathed in and out, Shan just focused on the Force as well, imagining that he was breathing in the Force as well to try and cleanse his airways to make sure he could actually breathe, since...that's pretty important.

Though he gave Valery a small thumbs up when she said it would be best to take it easy.
"Totally taking it easy...Just erh...If I close my eyes and you get worried, just...shake me or something gently? I'd rather not be shaken around like a stick." Whilst Shan had been fighting the growing tiredness, mostly since he wasn't sure if it was him actually being tired, or if it was the plague, his eyes were starting to get quite sore. His temple just felt like it was utterly throbbing away out of pain as Shan just massaged the side of his head carefully.

He went forward to take a few more sips from the glass of water. This was going to definitely be something he remembered for a long time. It was also a big reminder for him that he was going to need to get some form of armour that was well...more durable than a simple set of Jedi Robes. If he had been more protected, something like this might not have happened, but there was no point in him stressing over this. He just needed to focus on recovery and relaxing.

Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil did go and sit down, with quite the exhausted sigh at that. It was really starting to hit him at this point, the sickness. At least he still could sit on his own. "Don't worry, we got the best on it. Soon as we're all fixed up it'll be time to fix up our guest, yeah?"

He glanced back towards the room he just left, chuckling. Man it was getting hard to focus.

"Just.. Let yourself feel the Force. Focus on that, not the pain. Let it help, because it will. Breathe. We're gonna be fine."

Bordal
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

"I'll be gentle, but I can still tell that you're alive even if you're sleeping." She chuckled softly and watched him like a hawk while he sipped from the water she had offered. It had been a nice gesture, but it was in his best interest not to go against drinking and resting. She'd not have any of it, and similarly, she wasn't going to accept anything less than Kahlil sitting down... which he thankfully did.

Valery inhaled a breath of relief and looked between the two. They were definitely showing signs that the disease was affecting them, but they held up surprisingly well — a testament to their strength and willpower. That said, Valery was nervously waiting to hear back from Amani Serys Amani Serys , who she knew was covering the cure because of her bond with Kahlil.

If there was any healer or doctor in this whole Galaxy she'd have to trust with the life of people she cared about, it would be her.

"So... once we make it back, why don't you join us for dinner, Shan?" She looked at Kahlil for confirmation. "I'm sure the kids would love to have you over too."

Drinking was helping the heat Shan was feeling, but only slightly at the end of the day. It was also the only thing he could keep down right now. Attempting to eat probably would not go well for him. So he just focused on sipping and relaxing, glancing over towards Kahlil sitting himself down in the bed, giving the Jedi Master a small smile. He wouldn't be able to relax if Kahlil wasn't relaxing either at the end of the day.

Though the comment form Valery about going to dinner, as Shan tilted his head at the thought of it. Was he close enough to be invited for dinner? He felt like it would be strange. The triplets might recognise him from the racing but it was still something he wasn't sure about. At the very least however, it was stopping him from thinking about the present, and had him focus on the future instead.

"I wouldn't...mind. But erh...I don't really know how to eat dinner with a family group. Never...really done that back home." He gave a nervous smile at that, sipping a few more times before closing his eyes. His head was starting to throb, and he wasn't sure if it was just the lights playing tricks on him or something else. Just...relaxing and trying to heal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom