Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Common Charter For All

Kiran Arlos

K
"Everything is clear so far Kiran."

A voice from what seemed to be afar called out towards him and that individual closed the distance between them. Kiran had stopped for a moment as he stared out the window of the second floor and just looked to what was out there. Kiran when he was on the job, he was always on the move. Never stopping and he was seemingly always patrolling and checking things as often as he could. One could never be too careful and with this being a new building, you just never know if there was some moron out there with a hidden agenda to do something.

"That's good." Kiran said as he glanced back towards co worker.

"How do you think the meeting is going?" He said with a small laugh.

Kiran smirked slightly and he shrugged his shoulders. "Well, in my experience as this isn't my first rodeo. The first meeting usually goes slightly amiss, afterwards it gets better. However, this could be the start of something new. So you can never truly tell." Kiran chuckled lightly as he patted his friend on the shoulder.

"Come on, let's go make another round."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay looked up to [member="Yusana Fenni"] while she spoke and returned her smile with a small nod of her head. Of course Kay was only exaggerating when she drove in her last point about dictating everything down to the last second of every meeting. At least it drove her point home. Yusana had responded in the way that she had wanted her to.

[member="Natalie LaForte"] was the next to speak up, first biting into [member="Darth Interitus"] a bit and then turning to other matters. Kay nodded as she spoke of the general state of which this meeting has been, but at least they were progressing. The atmosphere in the room had changed. The air of hostility has seemed to have lessened to a degree.

She raised a brow slightly at the suggestion of leaving the role of Vice-Chancellor vacant. Kay was under the impression that people would feel better without her seemingly 'reigning' over everyone. But maybe she was wrong in that too. That's what made this meeting so important. For everyone to get to know eachother and their different personalities and planet's needs.

[member="Corey Brave"] was next to speak up. She knew that he wanted the role of Vice-Chancellor as they had discussed it in their first meeting. He would do well, she knew. But as always, that decision would be left for the majority. She bowed her head to him as he gave her support for her during this meeting, despite the mistakes that were made.

And now [member="Viktor Alexander"] spoke up. Kay held her breath as she was waiting for him to degrade her even further. He jumped quickly into putting his foot down as to whether or not there'd be a Vice-Chancellor and she was continuously surprised that he supported her leading at all. Yet his words touched her in some way that gave her respect for him. He was finally being encouraging, rather than critical, so she bowed her head to him.

Kay looked to [member="Effie Duanna"] briefly before turning to the others gathered around the table. She cleared her throat a bit before speaking, remaining in her seat. "Ladies and Gentlemen, I must apologize for starting this whole affair in a manner that I now see hadn't worked. I'm just so used to a certain way of handling situations, and now I know that I can't use the same approach all the time. I am as new to creating a Senate as you many of you are to serving as a Senator so far away from home.

I have a vision, simple in it's statement, yet not so much in it's implimentation, but ridiculed and laughed at all the same. And that is peaceful co-operation among worlds and governments with less need for war. It's about as impossible a feat as it is to end slavery, but my efforts thus far have not gone in vain. There is no war here, only diplomacy; a neutral ground for warring peoples to talk and negotiate without threats. This small pocket of the Galaxy has not seen war for quite some time and I'd like for others to get a respite from the damaging affects that war has made. So many profit from war. It is time to show that economies can thrive through other means as well, to give them an alternative.

She got to her feet. "By the request of Senator Alexander and others, I feel that a time for recess is now. We can return tomorrow afternoon and make more progress. We've had a rocky start, but I'm confident that we'll be finished soon enough. So thank you for all of your patience and unless anyone has any objections, I bid you all a good night."

[member="Kiran Arlos"]

Corey was happy for the break and smiled to his fellow senators as he collected his things.

"I had a great time with all of you and look forward to our next meeting, farewell and have a good night" he walked out of the senate chambers and made his way to his office.

When he reached his office he was pleased to see that his personal secretary was still there along with other members of his staff. He would need her for his next phase of the plan to take power. It was clear that he had the potential to have a great relationship with at least some of his fellow senators, obviously [member="Viktor Alexander"] was a lost cause, but the others seemed to like him. He would invite the members of the senate that he thought that he could be allied with before the next session, so that he could see what each wanted.

"Margret, please reach the office of the following senators an inform them that I would like a private session with them in my office before our next general session. The senators are [member="Yusana Fenni"],[member="Effie Duanna"], and [member="Darth Interitus"]. Tell them that this meeting is about advancing their individual causes and getting to know each other better.

He wouldn't invite [member="Lady Kay"] to this little party as she could potentially complicate matters with the other senators, but if all went according to plan then he would be working very closely with her in the future.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay remained on her feet, bowing her head to [member="Corey Brave"] as he was the first to depart. She then looked to the others in attendance, wondering if they had anything else to say before they too chose to leave. Her intention was to be the last one out.

[member="Viktor Alexander"] [member="Natalie LaForte"] [member="Yusana Fenni"] [member="Darth Interitus"] [member="Effie Duanna"] [member="Kiran Arlos"]

Natalie grinned and looked at [member="Lady Kay"].

"How nice it was meeting al-.. some of you. I'd like to have a little chat with you, Chancellor at you earliest convenience." Turning to the door and waving goodbye to the remaining senators, that being [member="Viktor Alexander"], [member="Yusana Fenni"], [member="Effie Duanna"] and @Darth Intertius.

Outside of the door was her sister, standing idly and obviously awaiting Natalie to exit, as she did, she spoke. "How boring a few hours of arguing is. Book a trip to Zeltros, I can't be seen on this planet any longer."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom