Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eloise was there in the dojo, watching the practice fights, when Taryn slapped Albrecht across the face. They had been lobbing various "polite" insults at each other beforehand, but things shifted dramatically once she struck him. Suddenly the argument was serious, and not just something that their classmates could laugh at and whisper about behind their backs.

How did it come to this? Well, it’s a long story. Eloise didn’t know (or really care) how it all started. There had been some sort of disagreement, compounded by friction between two vastly different cultures, eventually resulting in an explosive confrontation. In retrospect, maybe putting a Hapan noblewoman and a Ukatian nobleman in the same classes together was asking for trouble. But of course the people in charge of student scheduling at the Temple weren’t thinking about whether or not such a clash might occur. Jedi Padawans were expected to behave themselves no matter what, after all.

Albrecht was trembling with anger, perhaps fighting the urge to hit her back. “On Ukatis, it is not proper for a man to fight a woman,” he said, his voice pitched low. “But this is not Ukatis. Our rules of etiquette do not apply here.” He jabbed a finger at her. “I challenge you to a duel.”

Nobody moved. Nobody said anything. Eloise looked around for a Master or Knight who could intervene, but either no one was watching them or whoever was supposed to be there must've stepped out at the wrong time.

Taryn straightened her shoulders. "To the death?" she asked.

“If you are so eager to die,” Albrecht replied icily.

Hell no,” Eloise finally interrupted. She got up from her seat and stood between them. “You’ll get us all in trouble." But clearly this matter wasn't going to be resolved peacefully. She gestured to the rack of training sabers. "Use those, that way no one can get hurt. Wear each other down. Whoever gives up first is the loser.

"A battle of wills?" Albrecht considered it, then nodded. "It is honorable."

"I accept." Holding out her arm, Taryn used telekinesis to draw one of the training sabers straight into her hand. "May the strongest one win."

Albrecht did the same. As soon as his fingers wrapped around the hilt of his weapon, he struck. The blades crashed together, again and again. Returning to her seat to watch, Eloise glanced at the gawking onlookers around them. Some were leaving, probably to tell a Master what was happening or escape involvement when they were inevitably found out. But for now, the duel was on.

Tags: Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn

Ilo happened to be just finishing a spar session in the next room when she heard all the noise about two other apprentices going all in for a "battle of wills". Being very tall, she made her way through the audience with the help of her elbows and found a premium seat right in front of the duel. Laying back comfortably, the Nautolan opened a protein stick to enjoy during her amusement.

"Hey. What's all the fuss about? Where are their masters?" Ilo asked the nearest spectator, which happened to be Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn , the Padawan she met in Bogano. "Wanna a bite?" She said, offering the cookie-flavored snack.

Before she could have an answer, one of the kids tried to strike the other with a powerful Falling Leaf strike, from above. If his opponent hadn't parried, it would have been a nasty hit even for a training lightsaber.

"Oooof! They're gonna kill each other!"

Teru Challo

T

3XSvDzn.png
Wearing:Robes
Wielding: Staff
TAGS: Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn Ilo Aduni Ilo Aduni

Meditation was easier said than done when Padawans started to grate against one another.

The small alcove he'd found along the outside no longer peaceful enough as he turned his eye cover to the interior wall.

The excitement in the rooms beyond had gone from a soft buzz to something that had scratched at his senses. Pulled him from calmer mental images to a focused narrowing of his force sight. The Pantoran finding himself staring into the dojo from afar for a while until the vague sense of anger came to bear.

A sigh joining the air as he patted at his Robes.

Standing from his seat outside and navigating to access the corridors with a slow ease as the air seemed to lighten when another stepped in to the hallway sounding winded. His head turned sidelong as he walked, keeping an eye on the dojo. The shapes going from blatant tense fighting stances for a brief second before going into a full fledged duel.

"Never truly a quiet day." A padawan coming around the bend and watching him walk closer. The sense of confusion about them met with a wave as he drew close enough to speak.

"You came from the dojo?"

"Yes. Uh. I think there's-"

"I'm headed that way. Go alert a healer that they may be needed." The sweet smile he gave partially hidden beneath his eye cover as he watched their figure leave.

A slight pat on his hip assured him his staff was indeed present and not in his quarters as he drew close enough to begin hearing the sounds of excitement from the crowd. The clash of sabers giving the air an uncomfortable buzz as the door slid open for Teru to enter. Keeping himself from letting his covered eyes look around as he took in the gathered crowd, noting the harsh strike the trainee delivered.

A downward turn of his smile as he wondered how long the duel would remain peaceful. Tying up his hair in a low ponytail before stepping into the crowd and crossing his arms.

The mention of the two killing each other drawing his attention as he looked up to the source of the words. A guess lobbed that she was a Nautolan given the plethora of headtails.

"I hope we could avoid such an ending." A soft word sent up to Ilo Aduni Ilo Aduni as he kept his attention on the duel.

Wearing: Training Robes

Armed With: Training sword (dulled edge)

"Are you speaking to someone?" called out a calm but formal voice from a few meters away.

Nathan Bloodscrawl, a Padawan in the NJO, a Wayseeker in The RTL, watched the Cathar seemingly get more frustrated, while his own expression remained ever grim. He was not use to simple practice in a temple setting. All his learning had been done on the job.

"I'm actually looking for a sparring partner, if you're interested." He said to Nir Si Nir Si , unusually still, seemingly not breathing. There wasn't even an occasional muscle twitch.

"You will likely fight someone three times your age in the field..." Nathan pointed out. "Besides, it will be good for me not to underestimate someone shorter and younger than I. You may have some insight into battle that I do not."

Nathan inverted the grip on his sword.

"Metal swords are not my strong suit. I won't have as much advantage as you might think." he said to Nir Si Nir Si

"Hey. What's all the fuss about? Where are their masters?"

"Instructor went on a piss break or something," Eloise replied. In fact, Master Vondar was crying in the 'fresher because his wife of seven years had left him. "She's from a planet where men are treated like second class citizens," Eloise went on, pointing to Taryn, then Albrecht. "He's from a planet where women are treated like second class citizens. Go figure."

She blinked at the offered protein bar, took it and broke off a piece from the non-bitten end. It tasted like cookies, in a this-is-a-health-food-flavored-like-something-unhealthy sort of way. It didn't make her feel like saying thank you.

Albrecht was hitting Taryn pretty hard, and it quickly became clear that Taryn was using that to her advantage. She was waiting for him to tire himself out. Once he realized what her game was, he backed off, putting distance between them and forcing her on the offensive. What her strikes lacked in brute strength, she made up for it in speed. His dark hair stuck to his forehead with sweat, Albrecht struggled to keep up, barely parrying her vicious strikes.

"Oooof! They're gonna kill each other!"
"I hope we could avoid such an ending."

Eloise craned her neck to look up at the blue-skinned, purple-haired androgynous man who had suddenly appeared. Was this another Padawan? A Knight? A Master? She didn't know. But as long as he didn't get them in trouble, who cared?

Tags: Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn Teru Challo

"I hope we could avoid such an ending."

"Yes... Yes of course." Ilo answered, with an embarassed voice. She realized she was kind of overreacting following the calm statement coming from Teru, who didn't seem to be a Padawan.

Just as herself, he seemed to be blind. Actually, Aduni could feel it, like his eyes were shining amongst the projected sight of silhouettes she had through Force Vision. That was surely a coincidence, because she had never met people in the same condition and, all of a sudden, she got to know Teru and Ko in a very short period of time.
The Padawan felt driven to talk to him about it out of interest, but it was not the best situation. The weapons were blazing against each other.

"Instructor went on a piss break or something," Eloise replied. In fact, Master Vondar was crying in the 'fresher because his wife of seven years had left him. "She's from a planet where men are treated like second class citizens," Eloise went on, pointing to Taryn, then Albrecht. "He's from a planet where women are treated like second class citizens. Go figure."

"Oh yeah? I get it now..." She stopped and thought about it. Ilo didn't like the idea of women being submissive at all. So...

"GET HIM, GIRL! HE'S ALREADY EXHAUSTED!" the Nautolan yelled decisively, rooting for Taryn.

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"So this is what Jedi do on their off time?"

Dominic was, as ever, wandering. This was a vacation after all. He probably shouldn't be wandering around the Jedi Temple, but he was anyway. He wanted to see the life of his dear sister Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania so he could regale the wonder of the Jedi to their other five siblings on his return.

He would omit this part, though.

He frowned as he found a spot to sit, keenly aware of at least who one of the fighters was. And he was very much watching him. And listening to the others.

"Woman are not second class citizens on Ukatis. If that's something he's claimed, I'm sure he'll mother will love to know it."

Ilo Aduni Ilo Aduni | Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn

Teru Challo

T

3XSvDzn.png
Wearing:Robes
TAGS: Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn Ilo Aduni Ilo Aduni Dominick von Ascania Dominick von Ascania

The eyes could deceive had been a long standing warning between father and son.

Something he had remembered through all of his training, even now kept in the back of his mind. So the familiar sensation of another seeing as he did slipped by him until it bore into him. Physically turning to examine the other rather than simply sense them in his peripheral.

There was no hiding the recognition with this proximity. Looking up to her giving a knowing smile before turning his attention back to the two duelist.

Choosing to remain quiet about their embarrassed tone. Instead focused on the withering strikes that gave way to fatigue. Even knowing the venom with which the two spat at one another, he could stop the grin that formed beneath Ilo's cheer. An observation caught his attention however as another joined, and save for the adjustment of his peripheral, Teru remained in place.

"So this is what Jedi do on their off time?"

"Some. Others seek knowledge. More yet guidance." The smile returning to a bland line as he observed. Placing his own thoughts on the matter as the mention of a mother being made aware of their son's remarks.

"Mm. A master may train the body, but a mother can shape the soul." Turning slightly to address the speaker without losing sight of the duel. "Would be a kind deed for all were she told. Save him a troublesome future."

Last edited by a moderator:
Eloise grimaced as the Nautolan yelled in her ear, loudly announcing her support for Taryn. While she was semi-obliged to root for Albrecht, given that he was the closest thing she had to a friend and she didn't want to see him seriously injured or dead, she knew better than to try and defend his views on gender equality. That didn't mean she was going to automatically side with the Hapan harpy, though.

Dominick von Ascania Dominick von Ascania suddenly appeared and started talking. "Who the hell are you?" she asked bluntly. Though she knew who he was, he didn’t know that she knew who he was, so proper introductions were in order. "What are you doing here if you're not a Jedi?"

"Women are not second class citizens on Ukatis. If that's something he's claimed, I'm sure his mother will love to know it."

"Nah, he said the same thing you did," she replied with a sardonic smirk. "That's probably how this whole argument got started. Neither one of them is willing to admit that their worlds have problems. Not even when they're surrounded by people who bear the scars." There was a Hapan boy in one of their other classes. He was handsome, quiet, and submissive, like a good Hapan male. And of course there was Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania , the pretty popular girl whom everyone loved and consequently hated Ukatis because of.

Blue guy was muttering something. "You know, that hair color looks better on me than it does on you," Eloise remarked.

Last edited:

Tags: Teru Challo Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn Dominick von Ascania Dominick von Ascania

A blue wavering outline was the best description of how people were "seen" by Ilo. However, while directly being stared at by Teru, two flaming cyan eyes could be distinguished in that projection. The feeling of mutual understanding gave the Nautolan chills, because she felt not only recognized, but she felt read. Not only the body, but also something more. Something only the Force could describe.

Her tendrils vibrated in an awkward way when the Knight smiled. Not because of some strong emotion coming from somebody else as usual, but from a deep surprise coming from Aduni herself. During the process of letting it sink in, she couldn't avoid a very dumb expression — just like a youngling during his first lesson.

Shaking her head slightly, the Padawan was taken out of her daydreaming by the dialogue that followed.

"Nah, he said the same thing you did," she replied with a sardonic smirk. "That's probably how this whole argument got started. Neither one of them is willing to admit that their worlds have problems. Not even when they're surrounded by people who bear the scars."

"Nobody likes to admit their problems, either personal or cultural. That's why they're fighting." Ilo pointed out. "I just think the girl should because she fights more like me. And because I'm also a girl. LET'S GO HAPAN!" She yelled, displaying her support for fellow females and Soresu users altogether.

"You know, that hair color looks better on me than it does on you,"

"That's not true." She said, even though she couldn't really tell which color their hair were. "Both of you have very nice hairs. Also, you have hair."

She had a special admiration for hair. As a Nautolan, she didn't wish to have hair, of course, but she took inspiration from others' hairstyles to organize her tendrils.

Everyone knew that Cora's brother was here. Makko had resisted ambushing him in the corridors to see what he could find out about the Ascania family.

However, as Makko stood with crossed arms and watched the duel escalate, his ears almost visibly pricked up.

Nothing revealing.

Makko was trying to work out what the correct point to intercede and be a responsibly Jedi Knight was.

Instead of pondering too deeply he glanced over his shoulder. His gaze panned from Eloise to Teru and back. Makko had always been appreciative of both the male and female forms and felt he was an impartial judge on the most important matter.

"Both of you have very nice hairs. Also, you have hair."

"Nah, I think it looks better on him."

"I just think the girl should because she fights more like me. And because I'm also a girl. LET'S GO HAPAN!"

Eloise winced again, then rolled her eyes. The Nautolan didn't seem like the most intelligent or articulate sort. She kept her mouth shut, figuring it was useless to argue.

"Nah, I think it looks better on him."

"And I think you'd look better with me than the Princess," Eloise replied without missing a beat, green eyes meeting Makko's. "You and her still together?"

Taryn managed to knock Albrecht off his feet, then pounced on him, trying to pin him to the mat. Albrecht fought the attempt at dominating him, but he was obviously holding back, no doubt afraid that if he hit her he would do real damage and get in trouble. Finally he threw her off, but she clawed at his face as a parting gift, her long manicured nails gouging angry red lines in his cheek.

"And I think you'd look better with me than the Princess," Eloise replied without missing a beat, green eyes meeting Makko's. "You and her still together?"

A single sharp glance over his shoulder was enough to show that he wasn't going to indulge Eloise in the conversation. Even if Cora's brother hadn't been standing just meters away.

"Careful," he warned.

He was not, in fact, still with Cora. Realising that everything had changed, they had agreed to be there for one another whilst they worked out where they stood.

But none of that changed the truth. The truth of how deeply he loved her. The kind of love that hurt like a passionate flame inside his own chest.

Finally he threw her off, but she clawed at his face as a parting gift, her long manicured nails gouging angry red lines in his cheek.

"Enough!" Makko called out sharply, walking away from the group and towards the two tussling on the floor.

He kept his back to Eloise and the others.

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Who the hell are you?" she asked bluntly. "What are you doing here if you're not a Jedi?"

"Just someone here to visit their dear sister. Though, should a Jedi truly speak as crass as.. Well, you have been?" Dominick just raised a brow in confusion. Even the common folk back home didn't swear at coming strangers, and weren't Jedi supposed to be better behaved?

Especially if there were, as the questioning continued, royalty within the Order.

"I didn't realize it was common for Princess's to become Jedi. I suppose that's good for Coco at least, she could make a friend." That brought a smile to his face, though he did flinch as the conflict indeed began to draw blood. "Especially with how.. Brutal, the Jedi seem to spar."

Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn | Ilo Aduni Ilo Aduni | Teru Challo | Makko Vyres Makko Vyres

Teru Challo

T

3XSvDzn.png
Wearing: Robes
TAGS: Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn Ilo Aduni Ilo Aduni Dominick von Ascania Dominick von Ascania Makko Vyres Makko Vyres

The remark about his hair caught his attention. The rest was something he felt too close to bickering and didn't acknowledge. His smile appearing once more as he turned his attention to the one speaking on his hair color.

"It may. But it's all the same color to me." A commentary on his value placed in such topical matters. His attention returning to the duel as the commentary continued. The situation becoming tense

The mention of ideals making him shake his head on the matter.

"Fighting for your people is far different than fighting about your people. These kind of examples paint everyone poorly." Watching the clawing strike take place as the male who had remarked his hair stepped forward to stop the fight. Silently thanking the other as they brought the fight to an end. Remaining in place for the moment as the first male voice continued on around him.

While most of the time sparring sessions were kept to a productive flow, the absence of the Master had allowed the situation to become what it was. Perhaps they could bring the tone back down.

"Sparring is usually kept to more sincere strikes. Meant to be productive. Other than the weapons, this is more like a bar room fight." Turning to regard the three more readily. "And the temple is a fitting place for royalty to learn. Allows them to engage as a common being rather than someone with social expectations and stigma. But, there are those who choose to remain lofty, and potentially isolate themselves."

A healer arrived with the student that had stopped him earlier, Teru's hand pointing their attention over to Makko and the two that had been sparring. Two more in the dojo were at the beginning stages of a spar, leaving Teru to look between the others. The silent question at the back of his mind coming forward now that the situation had been resolved.

"Would anyone like to spar? I've got a feeling I'll need to remain in case of questions. Though I doubt they'll believe what I've seen." A poor attempt at a joke as his hands came together in front of him. His attention removed from the two troublemakers and focused on the other three that had been more than pleased to make commentary.

Teru Challo Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn Dominick von Ascania Dominick von Ascania Makko Vyres Makko Vyres

Ilo could feel the tension rising. Not only by insight, but her tendrils started to tickle as the anger in the conflict became more explicit. By the time the knights intervened, she was nearly panicking with that disturbance in the atmosphere and in the Force.

Relieved, the Nautolan released a deep sigh as Teru explained to the noble the intricate nature of Jedi training. She couldn't understand him well, firstly because she got distracted and also because he used difficult, consular-styled words. However, the low and calm tone was quite soothing.

Her focus was only really regained when he suggested a friendly spar. Ilo felt nervous about the idea of even considering accepting at first, but she stopped and pondered the situation, reaching her chin with the right hand. A training session would be a good opportunity to get to know that mysterious but familiar knight better. Study how he operated a lightsaber without his sight. Learn from him.

In addition, Aduni could show the nobleman how polite a normal duel could be. Maybe even prove to the grumpy Eloise that she wasn't a total disaster of a person.

"I'm up for it. I think we can keep things more civilized and show our guest that... We're not mad?" The Nautolan said, with some degree of confidence.

She stood up, leaving her overcoat on the seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom