Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Alderaan Rebellion (Alderaan Freedom Fighters, One Sith)

Malik Rodarch

M
I'm not a military strategist or anything, actually I'm a twenty-something year old woman.

But actively throwing resources and casualties into a doomed planet that would take decades to restore to its original state seems, well, absolutely ridiculous and purely OOC, because if somebody thought that this was the right target in an IC sense, they would probably be found huffing paint behind their local McYodas.

There are far better OS worlds to invade.

BIG RED DISCLAIMER: THE WRITER BEHIND MALIK RODARCH UNDERSTANDS THAT THE ORIGINAL POSTER WAS NOT AWARE OF ALDERAAN'S VONFORMING AND THEREFORE THIS OPINION IS IN NO WAY A SLIGHT AGAINST THEM.

Malik Rodarch

M
[member="Strider Garon"]

But you don't start with a hostile planet that offers little benefits or resources from being conquered.

It's easy to get lost in the game aspect of it, looking at it from the writer's point of view and think that revenge is an acceptable reasoning for war, but think of the character, would they so easily sacrifice the lives of their men and woman for revenge? Like really, genuinely in the middle of the war effort lose so much for something that gains so little?

[member="Eddie"]

That's what I would do to Alderaan, personally. However superweapons are banned. :p

I am glad to see the enthusiasm everyone has that ISNT OS, it shows that people really want Alderaan back in the right hands. We act like vong shaping isnt possible to combat, we Mandos did it, we can do it again.

As far as all the formal stuff goes, I will take care of that, along with a few other things to give this a more..professional feel. Though I still need Rianna to get up on this, and show herr support, or disapproval. Either way, a vong shaped planet can be taken back, will be taken back..eventually lol. So let me get this on board with a few other people, I wanted to point it out to ya'll Anyone who is going to help Alderaan by NOT THROWING ROCKS! give me a PM.

[member="Dredge"]

You gonna be there? Cause I will kill you lol Remember, Jerrick has Vonduun Crab armor still attached to his armor. Thanks to the Horde of old...I think I will be fine ;)

[member="Dredge"] it goes through his armor into his skin, remember? I cant take either off at the moment, we talked about this bra!

Nulmak Volora

N
[member="Shado CZ MK 001"]

Interesting, alderan is a good place to start a mining operation, I may join the rebellion, and give you support of a mandalorian clan. With a deal of course :D.

Best way to combat vong tech is the pollen that the vong worked through several threads to make their tech immune to. The world itself has and breeds several large species including a leviathan breeding ground akin to Corbos. The noble houses that rebelled when the Republic had them rise up at the reinvasion of Alderaan have either been wiped out and the houses filled with pro one sith or is strictly controlled by fear because further rebellion doesn't kill them it kills everyone. The women, the children and the house servants. A rebel might be willing to throw away their lives, most are not willing to throw away the lives of those they are trying to save.

There are sithspawn being bred on the world as well which adds another element, the new queen that has been installed to the throne is heavy One Sith support for the betterment of her people with her coronation being the execution of several members of noble houses who might dislike it or even hinted at supporting the old queen. This world is a sith AAA world much like Coruscant and Csilla. A prolonged rebellion works in the favor of the people who can't just starve the houses, starve the enemy soldiers. Yes a rebellion can work, it won't be easy but it should be started with ground work and ways to counter the work that has been done.

Small attacks where you could fade away and not announce yourself were mentioned and a stronger method to rally support or shake the ones who are in fear of endangering their families into action. A straight attack makes it all work in One Sith favor with them needing to use the least amount of effort. Rebellion comes they can just blockade the planet,, burn or lockdown the food depots they control, leave the people to defend against hungry sith and vong spawn, let them deal with each other when there is no food in the stomachs. See how rebellious they are when their children are starving or soldiers demoralized trying to survive against constant attacks.

Sith can then make the offer of turning over rebels for execution for forgiveness and food, suddenly the world goes back to how it was before the rebels tried. Sith tactics don't have to involve direct combat when they can easily play to their strengths, when there has been little effort expended to undermine their development on the planet or their takeover. To quote a comic writer "You need to first establish a status quo to upset it." The freedom fighters haven't done anything to become a viable threat they are only just appearing and wanting to claim victory, they haven't made a reason to be considered dangerous meriting the sith to actively engage when they can just starve them out, can let the planets creatures itself kill them, can let the loyal houses turn them in or set them up into more traps to dwindle their numbers as the sith just sit back. Another way to look at this is freedom fighters invading force, Alderaan is currently Russia in the winter.

The ecstasy of steel.. And flesh.

The sweat of muscle ... And rage...

..war.

All jokes aside-- one sith is already planning their big push with republic in January with another invasion.

Anywho, I'm down for whatever-- but if you are looking for invasion I ask that it wait til that is over.

Now if you want a skrimish-- that's easier. That can be done at any time.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
Only reason why I would see invading Alderaan as a viable option is taking back its Phrik supply from OS.

Other than that there's more than one planet in their territory, go for something that wouldn't be so heavily fortified from Vongforming and people constantly trying to invade it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom