Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

99 Problems [CIS Dominion of Adarlon]

As promised, the shuttle did not take too long in completing its voyage from the heavens to a section of barren permacrete that once characterized a bustling road. However, this road was now damaged and long-since abandoned. The President was not kidding when he alluded to the fact that this was the bad part of town; but the Mandalorian kept his reservations to himself. The important thing was that the shuttle had landed, and perhaps now the Archon would be able to breathe easy.

Looking to Polarine, Isley shook his head. Now that they had landed, it would only take a matter of moments for the Archon to regain her composure and lead on with just as much fire as typical.

"I think she'll be fine. Just gotta give her a moment to catch her breath; then it's onward to work."

@[member="Feena Mason"], @[member="Pandeima"].

The Grand Marshal had appointed Tyri Lsu, a notable worker of the CIS' research and development department; in addition to being the owner of Czerka Arms, as the project lead for that which had brought Alli Wren, Myra Subach, and other engineers together in a conference room in Belrand's spire. They had gathered here in order to pool resources and ideas in order to create a viable prison to contain the growing number of prisoners coming into Confederate custody. While this did seem a tad out of the blue in the Echani's mind, he did see where the Grand Marshal's head was: long term. With each passing diplomatic venture and military operation, more prisoners came into Confederate custody; soon this would be a problem unless a fitting facility was erected.

To this end, the Echani rose from his seat and greeted the pair of lovely ladies with a warm smile and nod.

"Miss Subach, Miss Wren, thank you for coming. Our duty today is to design a prison... that no man, woman, or beast can escape. We continue to acquire and detain prisoners with each diplomatic venture, and the time has come to ensure that we have an adequate, top of the line facility to house them. I was given the request to design this in the form of a... planetoid or moon. This station would be placed in the Pii System, in the literal heart of Confederate space. This way, with our patrols and early detection systems, we won't have to worry about any prison breaks anytime soon."

"Do you have any preliminary designs for Project Purgatory?"

@[member="Alli Wren"], @[member="Myra Subach"].

As the Confederacy's forces entered the mine, the Grand Marshal could not help but agree with that which the High Marshal had stated. He had a bad feeling about all this too; for search and rescue teams didn't just go missing. Nonetheless, he did not voice his concerns, but simply stepped lively into the darkness; activating the lights upon his helmet as he moved along. For a few moments, what they came upon was nothing save rocks, darkness, and the occasional piece of mining equipment. However, upon rounding a rather tight corner, the Grand Marshal literally gaped as he witnessed that which awaited them.

It looked as though there were some sort of cave-in that had caused a large portion of the tunnel's wall to fall through. This massive entryway was lit with torches, of all things, but their flames were much more of a crimson than the typical orange. The rock corridor gave way to paved and smooth stone, ultimately leading up a set of stairs. Oh, this was not a good omen; this was not good at all. Though the clone was not Force-sensitive in the slightest, he was certain that there was a darkness to this place. An evil.

"Six to one odds, they're all in the creepy Temple." he joked to no one in particular, before signaling them all to move forward; with caution.

@[member="Sonja Mercier"], @Nocturno, @[member="Shorurra"], @[member="Sophia Walsh"], @Xander Corbal.

Well, this was certainly a surprise! For reasons beyond him, the Captain had knowledge of him. But then again, this was not too large of a stretch; for they had both hailed from the Republic at one point. With a warm smile, he chuckled ever so softly. "Well, I'm glad to hear that you have heard only good things about me. It'd be a shame if my reputation had mud on it; or something to that effect. Is this the first operation you've done on the ground?"

However, before the Master could continue the conversation with additional questions, the voyage within the Mine had resulted in something literally smacking into his awareness. It was as if they had walked into a wall of dark side presence, and this set the Master on edge. They were not in something as simple as a Mine, no, this was something much worse. His fears were confirmed as they delved deeper into the cavern, and ultimately witnessed the transition from mine to... temple.

"This has Sith Temple written all over it. Stay on your toes everyone!"

@[member="Sophia Walsh"], @[member="Shorurra"], @Xander Corbal, @[member="Sonja Mercier"], @Nocturno, @[member="Daxton Bane"].

"Understatement." Bluejay muttered back, following the man as indicated. And I thought I had issues. She thought, drawing her pistols as they slid behind the screen. Once more she wished for her helmet and the HUD that came with it, but she dismissed it quickly. Missing it was fine. Dwelling on missing it was not. You were trained for this. She reminded herself, although she couldn't think which sim it had been. The only unarmored ones had been Fire Hall and Knife Hall.

Inwardly, she shook herself out of her inner monologue and tried the door. Locked. Listening for a moment to the chaos - perfect. Some of the guards - or other people, she presumed - were trying to fend off the two nutjobs with blasterfire. Bluejay shot open the lock, and nudged the door open.

@[member="Flynn Blackheart"]

@[member="Sophia Walsh"], @[member="Shorurra"], @Xander Corbal, @[member="Sonja Mercier"], @Nocturno, @[member="Josiah Denko"]

Pausing to get his bearings, he spotted the source of the delicious sensations tickling his senses from a while back. Someone or a group of someone's had build an access point from the mine to a dark side location. There was no mistaking the aura of decay and miasma.

With one hand on his rifle, he said to Josiah. "Be careful, I can sense a strong Dark Side presence close by. It might be better if I lead the way, ok?"

@[member="T:N1:LDR"]

"By the way, do you have a name?", Flynn asked as the woman shot the door and opened it. "For the record, I am Flynn". He flashed a smile at her before checking his blaster once more, set to kill. Reaching behind his back, he pulled out a scanner from his back pocket, he took a reading of the immediate area, no sign of life forms .. at least on the stairs leading down to the lower level of the Den.

"We will have to assume, this leads to a system of corridors", he said still watching the scanner readings.

Spice Den

Bluejay made a mental note of the man's name. Flynn. "Bluejay." She offered shortly as she moved forward, being mindful of any creaking spots in the floor or stairs. Any lull in any conversation below - or a person with sharp hearing - could spell the end of any surprise advantage they might hold at the moment. The cloak was an unknown entity to her, something she didn't have control over, and she was tempted to get rid of it. But she held onto it, aware that she would probably want it later when the reached wherever the stairs led. She strained her ears as she listened for anything below. A small murmur made its way up to her, but it was barely audible and she couldn't even tell if the voice was male or female.

The "Dark" Mines - Entrance Hall
There was no mistaking the strength and potency of the Dark Side presence which laid ahead of the Confederate forces, and it was obvious that Josiah was a touch out of his element. As such, when the former Sith inquired if he could lead their group forward, the Templar nodded. He, being a former member of the Sith, would be able to thrive in the Darkness; and would also be able to identify that which was causing the presence.

"Lead on Daxton, you're better suited for this particular scenario."

@[member="Daxton Bane"].

"First off, everyone use your anti-chem gear if you have it. Since this is a confirmed Dark Side location, we wouldn't want anyone exposed unnecessarily to potential toxins. Second, I will scout ahead, roughly 20 feet ahead of the group. Not only would this reduce our potential danger, I can check for any traps or alarms that I am familiar with. Any questions so far?"

@[member="Sophia Walsh"], @[member="Shorurra"], @Xander Corbal, @[member="Sonja Mercier"], @Nocturno, @[member="Josiah Denko"]

With a soft touch, Flynn closed the door behind them. Leaving no indication that someone had entered the stair well. He could still hear the commotion in the Den and with no telling how long that would last, they had to make some haste. Soon someone would come checking on the slaves or inform whoever is guarding them of trouble.

He nodded his head to Bluejay, and proceeded after her. Hundreds of years of hunting for sentient prey, practiced in the arts of stealth and use of the environment, Flynn placed his feet without a sound. His boots designed for the purpose, soft leather undersouls and heels. He moved surprisingly quick in this silent method and was soon along side her. He heard the sound of voices .. two maybe three talking in rushed tones. The words or language he could not make out, but to him, the tone of the language suggested they are aware of the trouble in the Den. He assumed they heard the commotion.

Finally, reaching the bottom of the stairs, he waited for Bluejay.

Spice Den, Downstairs

Bluejay arrived a matter of seconds after Flynn did, and noticed the voices were troubled and rushed. Either they were aware of trouble in the den, or something else was going on. The first was the logical choice. The second was the soldier's choice. You always assumed the worst it situations like these.

A slight inclination of her head indicated that she thought they should keep moving towards the voices. She splayed her fingers down the middle, suggesting they split up when they got closer.

Spice Den: Lower Levels

He did not really need the scanner now, his force sensitivity tell him of the presence of a large group of sentients. He nodded his head to Bluejay, and gave her a look that suggested that that was not necessarily a good idea, but could see her point. He showed her the scanner read out, it showed the layout of the corridors and a reddish blue patch indicated the reading of the life forms. The corridors ran at a cross to the one they are in now and looped back around to another that lead to the slaves.

With a pointed finger he indicated for her to take the corridor on the opposite side to them and he would take the other. Effectively flanking any guards positioned at the lockup. He took her hand and placed the scanner in it, nodding for her to take it. The force will show him the way from here.

The Eternal Queen
And then @Pandeima appeared out of nowhere. Feena wanted to say something, but in her state, any attempts at speaking could be disastrous. Thankfully, they had already landed when @[member="Dar'jetii"] spoke on her behalf.
And it was true. Feena really did only need a few moments. Just enough to catch her breath and let her stomach settle.

"...Okay. let's go," she sighed, rising to her feet with some effort, "If you are going to take part, Miss, I recommend you be on your best behavior. I am not in a joking mood today."

Sanctuary Site, Belrand

It wasn't like the Archon to make random demands of such nature, at least from what the Mandalorian knew of her. As such, from his momentary assessment, she and the woman who seemed to manifest out of thin air had known each other; enough so that Feena would require "good" behavior out of her. For the sake of curiosity, Dar'jetii racked his brains for who this woman might be; and the only identity of anyone notorious for being "bad" was one Circe Savan. During the events of Zhar, the Mandalorian had grilled the Archon about the woman and had found out that she lived...

'No way,' he thought, eyeing the woman, 'this can't be her.' It was quite the stretch, he had to admit. Heck, if it was her, the Mandalorian doubted that the Archon would only demand good behavior. As such, Dar'jetii shrugged and rose to his feet. "Well, the future Sanctuary awaits. Should I go ahead and call down some dropships?"

Spice Den: Lower Levels

Bluejay tensed when he took her hand, but relaxed a fraction when he just gave her the scanner. She nodded when he indicated which tunnel she should take and slipped off, measuring her breathing and footfalls for the points of the highest concentration of noise. Quickly, she glanced down at the scanner as she followed the corridor.

The Eternal Queen
Feena had not quite forgiven Circe. Not even close. The way she viewed her was... complicated. She would keep her secrets because they were not hers to give away, but friendship would be difficult to maintain now.

"Well, the future Sanctuary awaits. Should I go ahead and call down some dropships?"
"Do it," feena answered, walking, well, more like shuffling, down the ramp, "We could certainly use the help..."

That was an understatement. The President had not been lying when he implied it was a bad part of town...

@[member="T:N1:LDR"] @[member="Flynn Blackheart"]
Concealed in the arts of Force Invisibility Oron followed the trail of his comrades through the Spice Den. Apparently they'd gone to the lower levels. He pulled a comm-link out of his pocket and made contact with Flynn.

"I'm in, and making my way to the lower levels. Have you come across anything of interest?"

"Yes, it's my first ground mission. Not to worry I know what I'm doing I have dealt with the likes of the Sith before." Was it really that easy to see this was her first ground mission? Sure she was a little quite but that was only because she was rather new. There was that and she was new at ground missions but Sophia wasn't scared. Whatever they did find in there they could handle.

"Any idea what could be in here?" She wondered if he was one of those Jedi whom had visions of the future or perhaps he could just sense danger ahead. "Are visions common for Jedi? A friend of mine gets them all the time."
@[member="Josiah Denko"]

Sanctuary Site, Belrand
The Mandalorian followed close behind his ailing friend, only a step in her wake to be exact. Should she stumble, he would be there to catch her; that was the intention. With her permission, he opened up a line of communication to the Confederate vessels in orbit above the world and humbly requested that the drop ships standing by be dispatched to their location. In less than five minutes' time, they would be met with a detachment of at least fifteen vessels, filled to the brim with medical supplies, food, and the like.

Now that the supplies situation had been taken care of, it was time to meet the volunteers and to be introduced to the Sanctuary's site. Once they had fully exited the ramp, the Mandalorian folded his arms across his chest and looked to those who had mustered to greet them. They were just over forty in number; and excellent start in terms of volunteers. Dar'jetii was convinced that, when coupled with worker droids, this number could get the Sanctuary off the ground. Hopefully more would come in time.

"Well, here are your volunteers Archon Mason, do your thing!" he said in a rather encouraging tone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom