Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC 666th "Devildog" Battalion [Silver Order Mechanized Infantry Regiment]

Status
Not open for further replies.
666th "Devildog" Mechanized Battalion [Silver Order Infantry Regiment]
dig_in_by_spooky777_d8ftc3w-pre.jpg
OOC INFORMATION:

INTENT:
To create a highly capable infantry regiment/battalion for Antarian Ranger commanders to use during skirmishes, invasions, dominions and rebellions.
IMAGE CREDIT: SpOoky777 via www.deviantart.com
ROLE: Front-line Soldiers of the Order of the Silver Jedi designed to use vehicles to respond quickly to multiple attacks, or to rapidly advance in order to develop the best positions on the battlefield in the early stages of a prolonged conflict. As well, they are trained to push quickly into (and possibly over or through) enemy lines and deploy troops quickly to secure those lines.
PERMISSIONS: N/A
LINKS: Antarian Rangers, Order of the Silver Jedi

GENERAL INFORMATION:

Unit Name:
666th "Devildog" Mechanized Battalion
Affiliation: Order of the Silver Jedi, Antarian Rangers
Classification:
Mechanized Infantry, Rank and File
Equipment:

Armor:

Ranged Weapons:
Melee Weapons:
Explosives:
Accessories:
Vehicles:
Unit Description: A well-trained Battalion strength regiment of mechanized front-line soldiers that use large and small ground transports to quickly gain optimal ground on the battlefield before fortifying it, or advancing into enemy lines.

COMBAT INFORMATION:

Unit Size:
Large (approximately 1000-1500 depending on current enlistment quotients)
Unit Availability: Uncommon
Unit Experience:
Trained
Combat Function: Front-line Soldiers of the Order of the Silver Jedi designed to use vehicles to respond quickly to multiple attacks, or to rapidly advance in order to develop the best positions on the battlefield in the early stages of a prolonged conflict. As well, they are trained to push quickly into (and possibly over or through) enemy lines and deploy troops quickly to secure those lines.

Strengths:
  • Well-Trained: The Antarian Rangers that are part of the 666th are some of the best trained troops in the whole of the Silver Jedi's armed forces. Many are veterans, but even new recruits are forced to train for weeks and months before ever being considered for a deployment. These troops know how to hold up under fire and even the green ones will generally hold their own.
  • New Equipment: The 666th utilizes all of the newest and best equipment the Silver Jedi have to offer. This includes the new updated Mk. II Katarn Armor, specialized firearms and powerful ground transports to take them into and out of battle.
Weaknesses:
  • Susceptible to Aircraft/Spacecraft: Since the regiment relies so heavily on large ground transports, this makes them an easy target for air strikes and orbital bombardments. It also makes stealth operations next to impossible on anything resembling a large scale.
  • Difficulty Moving in Rough Terrain: When it comes to its transport philosophy, the 666th trades the adaptability of foot movement for the speed of mechanized transport. As a result, the transports used by the 666th can and do have difficulty moving efficiently through muddy, snowy, rocky or otherwise difficult terrain.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION

The 666th is a mainline Battalion level unit of the Antarian Rangers. It is a well trained force of approximately 1000-1500 soldiers that uses heavy land transports to move about the theater of war. It was conceived of by Ranger Command as a unit with the speed and strength to respond quickly to multiple attacks, or to advance rapidly into an enemy position before unloading troops to engage. As of this date, this regiment has not been seen wide-scale combat, but many of the Officers and NCO's have been handpicked from other battle-hardened units within the Rangers Corps.

Last edited:
Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr

Another nice unit submission here, there are just a few things I'd like to bring to your attention before we move forward with this submission.

1) Equipment

This unit submission is for a Large Common unit, which according to the table in the template can only use Mass-produced submissions. I have included the table below for your ease of reference.​
m9iV36K.png
As such, the following pieces of equipment are at the incorrect production rating for this unit to use them.​
Please could replace the submissions in question, or adjust the unit size or availability. In addition, the Saotome Armored Transport is marked as private market. Could you please show the proof that you are allowed to use transport in this submission.​

2) Combat Function

While it is possible to understand the role which you have in mind for the unit, it would help any future writers reading this submission if you could expand on this section to include a little more detail about the unit's tactics and interactions.​

John Locke John Locke

That's my bad, I actually meant to type Uncommon rather than Common, so that's fixed and should solve the majority of the equipment issues.

As for the Saotome Armored Transport, it somehow made it onto an old Silver Jedi armory thread so I made the mistake of just throwing it up there assuming it was affiliated with us. I've removed the submission.

I also expanded on the unit's role, so hopefully that will be enough. Let me know if I missed anything or you need any other modifications to the sub. Thanks!

Thank you for making those adjustments.

Regarding the combat function, it still isn't clear from that specific field what you wish the unit to accomplish. However, it is clear from the rest of the submission. While I would recommend adding a few more details to the field I can approve the submission as it is if that is your wish.

John Locke John Locke Okay, updated. If I might ask, since I am having a bit of confusion, what is the difference between the Combat Function section under the Combat Information setting and the Role section under the OOC Information section? It seems to me to be the same thing?

Thank you for doing that.

The role is meant to be a simple few words, frontline troops for example. The Combat Function however is your chance to go into detail, to talk about how they fight, the tactics they might use, how they work with other armed forces etc. A chance to really go into details so people have an idea of how the unit functions.

I'm very happy to let you know this submission is APPROVED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom