Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6 arms = 6 lightsabers? Right?

Four is really overkill if you ask me. *says the guy with an alt who has six lightsabers in total* but what you can do as Sarge said, have four lightsabers in your hands and then have like two pistols in your other hands. (sonic pistols if you really want to over do it) and you should be good.

Maybe a bit offtopic, but can a being really fully control like... six arms?

I mean, it is possible to move them around and everything, but work with these six hands precisely seems to be really difficult. Even writing with two hands at the same time is difficult, but using lightsabers with six ones seems really odd and difficult. So I would say two is good. Four may still be fine.

[member="Maria Natalja"] keep in mind, this is a spcies with four arms so he was raised with them.... I just wonder how dominant arms work out.

Four single sabers, two blasters.

Luminous Sun Everlasting

L
Maria Natalja said:
Maybe a bit offtopic, but can a being really fully control like... six arms?

I mean, it is possible to move them around and everything, but work with these six hands precisely seems to be really difficult. Even writing with two hands at the same time is difficult, but using lightsabers with six ones seems really odd and difficult. So I would say two is good. Four may still be fine.
It seems difficult from a human perspective. We're raised our entire lives with two arms. A species with 6 arms would find utilising those arms as easy as we do with 2.

Darth Tsolan said:
Maria Natalja keep in mind, this is a spcies with four arms so he was raised with them.... I just wonder how dominant arms work out.
That's exactly what I'm talking of. We, humans, are born with two hands yet we still typically have one dominant hand. ;) Of course if the species' brain works in a different way and they have like... three dominant hands or don't have them at all, then maybe it is a bit different.

[member="Maria Natalja"]
Meh. It's all about a different brain chemestry. Study hard enough, and a human-shaped being can use a saber in each hand. Why is it a streach to use four if you have the arms?

Darth Tsolan said:
I just wonder how dominant arms work out.
According to the RPG sourcebook Ultimate Alien Anthology, they have one main and three offhands. If that matters.

Most humans when they are right hand dominate, are also right leg dominate, because of that, I would suspect if he is right handed, then all of his right hands are dominate inconjuction to his left hands.

Nickolas Imura said:
Most humans when they are right hand dominate, are also right leg dominate, because of that, I would suspect if he is right handed, then all of his right hands are dominate inconjuction to his left hands.
Hmm... That could be true.

It is a bit difficult to really understand the matter though, being a mixed-handed person using left hand for writing, and having a dominant right leg. :p

Most species with more than four arms have a dominant hand. Learned that when I created my four arm species, the Myrshavong. Besalisks are listed in the Wookie as having a genetically predominant hand. So let's assume they all have a predominant hand.

Now let's assume you, the reader, have a dominant hand - I'm right handed, so I'm gonna say your dominant hand is your right hand.

Now put a pencil in your left hand.

Try writing.

Now put a laser sword in it, something that has only the weight of the hilt and feels weird to every NFU, even Grievous. A weapons experiment designed for combat.

Grow 4 more left hands.

Put a laser sword in all of them.

Now try surviving for more than 30 minutes.

Quermians are listed in the Wookiee as being able to use both sets of arms with relative ease, however.

It's really up to you, [member="Javik Quar-Kai"]. But my personal opinion is, if you have six arms and want to keep them, why waste them all on carrying lightsabers? There's so many other inventive things they could carry.

Or keep two hands free to grab your opponent's arms and hold him still while two more hands slap him around, while the last two hands take turns flicking your opponent's nose.

The coolest option on the surface is most often going to be the lamest, bro. Be inventive!

sabrina

Maria Natalja said:
That's exactly what I'm talking of. We, humans, are born with two hands yet we still typically have one dominant hand. ;) Of course if the species' brain works in a different way and they have like... three dominant hands or don't have them at all, then maybe it is a bit different.

Depends on the person, some people are ambidextrous. Though they are few, and far between.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom