Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 Years a Graf

Tanomas Graf

T
My three-year anniversary was like three months ago but it doesn't really matter, I think it's time to open myself up to feedback and faux-constructive (since one of you thought insulting my boy Carlyle was constructive) criticism.

Hated by some, liked by few, my reign of salt has wrought itself across the board in my time here (over-exaggeration, probs). My faction has risen and fallen in the latter half of the time period, and I have to say it was pretty fun, that being the equal amount of entertainment I brought to some and irritation I brought to others.

Not really sorry, but we can pretend I feel guilty.

Let me 'ave it.

[member="Tanomas Graf"]

Where do I begin with you Graf. You're certainly an enabler and a bad influence on me. :p

Joking aside, I don't have any qualms with you. Except for the minor annoyances you give me, but that's nothing. You're a good guy, Graf. I love talking with you over Discord, you're a great and very funny person to talk to OOCly and you're easy to approach most of the time. Like Robogeber, you're a great influence on me. Although you've come in more recently as an influence on me on this site, both of you have influenced me greatly for the better, both RP wise and OOC wise. You're a very funny and kind person, and you're definitely a pain at times. But so am I. :lol: Don't worry yourself, I mean it as a good thing. Like when you kicked me from the FO discord for annoying you! :p RP wise, I enjoy your writing a ton. Although I haven't rped with you a lot, from all of the posts of your's I have read...you're a great rper. Never forget that, Graf. No matter what anyone tells you! As for negatives...you're not salty enough! I don't have any problems or critiques on you, from what I've seen rp wise, you're a solid and great rper.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Tanomas Graf"]

1. I like your playby. +1 Swag
2. Remember, new players don't know your drama unless you talk about it. So just don't mention any past drama in your ooc posts and the new guys will give you a clean slate, every time. +1 Rep
3. You fleet. Which is both incredibly admirable and incredibly insane at the same time. So, +1 Yolo
4. You're open to feedback. Which means you are either A: humble and teachable, or B: egocentric and needing validation. So, +1 Rep
5. I don't think we've ever RP'd. Which means I have no idea where your writing is at this year. So, +1 Who cares!

Hope you're enjoying the site and still writing epic explosions often. :D

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Tanomas Graf"]

You've always been so generous to me! So very helpful! You're still one of my favourite writers on the board.

BUT! You always leave me hanging on the edge of my seat :p You always owe me posts!

Maybe that's why you give me ships and clones? To buy my forgiveness with? Yeah...yeah, I'll go with that!

Happy 3 years! We've been on board for the same amount of time. Scary!

[member="Tanomas Graf"]

Considering it's been three years, I feel you should have progressed more in writing your "book".

That said however, you've always been a friend to me and [member="Lady Kay"] (As stated above). You also made the Galactic Empire shine once more and for that, I'll commend you for as I always did like the Empire despite rarely being able to play a "bad" Character, myself. Of course, fighting for the right reasons saw Veiere supporting many of your choices towards the end and often gave Kay cause for concern :p

Cheers brother, not got a lot of criticism per say but congrats on the three years of grief Graf.

[member="Tanomas Graf"]
I think that if I only knew you from our interactions on the board I'd think less of you. On the one hand you are a capable and talented writer, quite creative and good with certain types of characters. You also have quite a passion and drive for projects you set your mind to.
On the other hand you've been in the past (though improving) quite abrasive and for lack of a better word 'salty'. You get very passionate about things, but that can bleed over into OOC interactions.

However, having been gaming with you for over a year I've gained an appreciation for you as a person. Still lots of memes and salt, but you're quite a nice guy despite that and quite creative too. So here's to three more years!

So I guess this is a warning for everyone that their persona on the forum is different from how they are in real life. Seems obvious, but easy to forget.

skin, bone, and arrogance
In the three years since you have been here, I have aged twelve. Take from that what you will.

[member="Tanomas Graf"]

But in seriousness, despite being a major pain in my ass for a year, I've come to admire your call-it-like-it-is attitude and your willingness to ruffle feathers when something is wrong. Your writing is competent and your fleeting is good, which I like. I'm still waiting for Tanomas to get out of the deep freeze so Natasi can wreak her glorious vengeance on his wrinkled ass. I'd like to write with you more in whatever capacity because your posts are always pretty solid, easy to follow and understand. Top quality.

And no, I'm not just saying nice things because you have the power to blackmail me.

From our very first interaction where you said "let's kill her" to now, my dealings with you have always been memorable, Graf.
Even more so now that I've gotten to know you. Bark is much worse than bite.

Your writing is solid both in personalization of your characters and in setting a scene/NPCing. And despite the rumors, you have a very patient and forgiving personality. Shocking, right?

I hope to write with you more - always at your pace.

[member="Tanomas Graf"]

[member="Tanomas Graf"], by far the person I've had the most RP and definitely most OOC interaction I ever did on this forum.

I remember when I started with the First Order when I mischievously stole that Grand Admiral position, where most of the fleeting was done between you, me, and [member="Carlyle Rausgeber"]. (And I'll be honest, most of it was you and him) I always enjoyed your character as a ship commander, and even moreso when Graf became a multiple ship commanding officer. You always got that Imperial Officer charm just right, which made me enjoy fleeting with you. OOC wise, the three of us argued liked Romans in the late Republic, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless.

Next was the Imperial Remnant and Empire. Oh boy. Graf was a very good Grand Moff, I liked your transition from semi-generic Imperial to gruff Red October Sean Connery. All those faction threads were more interesting when you took a lead part, which was most of them. You put up with my bull as angry-blue-zealot, and as jabba-the-sex-crazed-general, and my constant subordination, which is very impressive.

Your fleeting was fantastic. It was both well done fleeting and an interesting storyline, which most fleeters have a hard time balancing between the two. Your constant use of the interdictor always made me laugh too. Although I'd never admit this when I still RPed, you were definitely a better fleeter than me. (And a hell of a lot more reliable)

I enjoyed RPing with you, but I'm glad I got to when I could. Thank you.

[member="Tanomas Graf"]

From the few interactions I had with Graf in fleeting and other RP formats, it was really enjoyable and you always wrote with a passion and energy of someone who truly loved their character. Good writing and no OOC Salt with me, your also a very enjoyable person to Fleet with and against in the one chance I had when your first started.

Its good to see someone who is sticking around as long as you did, hope to see more writing around from you.

Graf you were the first person to welcome me to Chaos. Thank you. You as a person really gave me a ton of help in getting to know Chaos. While you portray an attitude of salt and do it really well, I got to know you.

Now as for IC whatevers...I can't really say anything about Graf himself, but about other characters of yours. Every thread we were in together, I totally enjoyed. You're a fair writer and a pure joy to write with. If there is ever an opportunity to write with (or against) you again, I would gladly do so.

Having said that, you're just a teddy bear that hides behind the persona of a grizzly bear and you need hugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom