Affiliation: First Order
Manufacturer: Kuat-Entralla Engineering
Production: Semi-unique (must be approved for use by First Order Faction Administration)
Material: Alusteel, Durasteel, transparisteel, glassteel, Phrik, and other star destroyer construction materials
Classification: Carrier, Star Destroyer, Military Transport, Command Ship
- Over 3,000 turbolasers and ion cannons
- Tractor Beam Projectors
- Point Defense Turrets
- Point Defense Missile Emplacements
- Two Starfighter Wings consisting of:
- 100 AALs
- Ground Vehicles
- Prefabricated Ground Base
- III-a1a primary hypermatter-annihilation reactor
- 3x KDY Destroyer Ion Engines
- 8x Gemon-8 Ion Engines
- Hyperwave Comm Scanner
- Phrik armor plating
- Kyber Focusing Crystals (weapon power boost)
- Secondary emergency bridge
Maneuverability Rating: 20
Speed Rating: 20
Hyperdrive Class: 1.0
- Heavy guns - The vessel features over 3,000 turbolasers and ion cannons as its main armament. These weapons have been boosted by Kyber Focusing Crystals, allowing the ship to field a devastatingly lethal barrage of weaponry.
- Phrik armor plating - The ship is plated entirely in phrik armor, giving the ship unparalleled defensive capabilities and the ability to resist the occasional pesky Jedi boarding party.
- Command ship - Capable of operating as a flagship, the vessel can also operate as a central hub for starfighter wings and planetary assaults. With two wings of starfighters and thousands of stormtroopers at hand, this ship can easily mark the beginning of the end of any adversary.
- Ponderous - Though heavily armed and armored, the ship is heavy and slow. Even though the phrik is lighter than standard armor plating, the ship is still heavy; the extra space allowed by the armor being taken up by extra war materiel, ammunition, or supplies. As such, the ship is easily the slowest ship in the First Order's fleet.
- Expensive - Not only monetarily expensive, the ship is hard to produce requiring the exact same production levels as a standard Resurgent, but also the rare and expensive Phrik metal to plate the hull. As such, the ship is considered a massive and important investment requiring approval for use from high command. In addition, First Order high command has decreed that no matter the fight, only one ship of this type is to be committed to any one engagement. (OOC: 10,000m or 100,000m, you're only going to get one of these ships period. It doesn't matter how many fleets there are or how many First Order fleeters participate. Choose your captain wisely.)
- Command Ship - Though highly resilient and difficult to destroy, the destruction of this ship is almost guaranteed to send the rest of the fleet into disarray as the chain of command must adapt. Any fleeter worth their salt should do their best to destroy or neutralize this ship to gain a massive advantage in the engagement.
Essentially a Resurgent-class Star Destroyer with added Phrik plating, the Eidolon series is admittedly a stop-gap. With the knowledge that many factions possess powerful and far larger ships than the powerful Resurgent-class, First Order engineers sought a way to bring about a ship that could go toe to toe with these naval giants and win the day.
With resources currently drained in the production of more Resurgent-class Star Destroyers and a substantial amount of Phrik on hand, First Order R&D decided to upgrade the ships at hand instead of creating a new line that would arguably drain more resources in its production.
As such, a small handful of Resurgent-class Star Destroyers were pulled from the line and retrofitted. The standard armor plating was removed and the Phrik plating was installed. While lighter, the extra space the retrofit created was quickly replaced with more war materiel and supplies meaning there was no change in the ship's speed or agility.
In all respects, it is simply a Resurgent-class with rare, expensive, and durable armor, but with luck and skill, the new Eidolon series ships can take on and survive encounters with the Leviathans of Space, perhaps even emerging victorious in the process.
Development Thread: Mine for the Taking
Intent: To provide the First Order with a canon ship with a little sumthin' sumthin' to be epic and operate as a little bit of bling bling for people to play with, but not too much gung-ho oomph that it isn't over broken and can be regulated by the Powers That Be in the faction. No, I've not been drinking.
Who Can Use This: Fleeting officers approved by First Order Faction Administration.