Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funny Zeltrons, a case study...

4qauu1.jpg

True or False?

False

No more then any other race can be, the superficial view is yes. Most focus on their party loving nature, that they can and will flirt but flirting doesn't mean they automatically sleep around. They were used in criminal dealings because they could preceive emoptions and pick up on deception. They could be manipulative and just as violent as other species. That they were usually adapt with high end technology, came from a world that yeah tourist destination and party planet. With security that would be on par with mob run vegas. People aren't going to come and spend credits if there is a risk of criminal gangs. So maintain it. They had a monarchy similar to Naboo where they voted in their leaders to keep things going ever couple of years, hologram fun. Much like twi'leks most just look at the surface and barely research or look at what is behind it.

If you're asking about how Zeltrons are portrayed in canon? The answer is ehhhh, yeah. I'd argue that the Falleen are portrayed in a much more exploitative manner (coughXizorcough) but Zeltrons are to Star Wars what the Orions slave women are to Star Trek. They are a living breathing fiction trope.

If you're asking about how writers on Chaos tend to portray them? The answer is yes. I consider this rather unfortunate, but I understand why. People gravitate towards species which fit the character they want to play, and if you want to play as... well, a thot, then Zeltrons are one of the SW species which will appeal to you.

On the other hand, I wrote a Zeltron who was a misanthropic, puritanical, antisocial office secretary. Part of that was meant as a satire of the Zeltron stereotype - they're supposed to be empathetic, pleasure-seeking, and flirtatious, so let's make this guy the deliberate opposite of that for shits and giggles! - but it also served as a formula for instant drama and inner conflict and angst. He was utterly at odds with both his biology and his people's culture; it was doomed to be an uphill battle. Anyway, his story ended with him committing to monogamy by getting married in a final rebellion against his nature... but also because he was in love.

TL;DR With every race and species, you're going to have stereotypes. Stereotypes are based in fact, but the stereotype itself is not the complete truth, it's just a caricature of a group of people based on a few shared behaviors and traits. Yes, many Zeltrons are hedonistic thots, but you'd be remiss if you tried to say they were all the same. And of course, there's plenty of room for variation. There are levels and degrees of thottery.

Perhaps you could even say that, deep down, we are all thots.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom