Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your favorite movie, and why?

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"], I went to see LotR when I was seven years old. I watched it and later my dad bought the extended edition on DVD. you thought the normal movie was long for 2 1/2 hours? the extended edition was about 4 hours long. If you want a never ending movie. There ya go.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"], OH YES! Every once in a while I will take all three movies (all extended editions) and stay home to watch all three in a row non stop. So much fun. (I quote a lot of lines in those movies as well.)

"I am feeling... a tingling in my fingers."
"Eh? Hahaha The Wee Elf can't hold his liquorrrrrrrr-" *Crashes on the ground*

I like movies with flawed characters. Evolving characters. Characters who are faced with choices that alter them forcing them to either evolve or devolve. However I also like comedies, horrors, and romance. I'm an eclectic.

Fav comedy: Tied, Mel Brooks films ( [member="Jace Beleren"] ), Sam Raimi films (yes Drag me to Hell is a comedy), and Quentin Taratino films
Fav Romance: Sweet Home Alabama
Fav Horror: Aliens (my only fear from a film are those dang face huggers)
Fav Action: Tied, Three Musketeers (90's version) and Mad Max/The Road Warrior (no to thunderdome)

But for me my favorites are the ones with brothers. The differences between them, how different choices put them on different paths, and how they can overcome them to still be family at times.

Top of the list are:
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring Sure they aren't brothers but they are a brotherhood. Plus Sean Bean is epic with his heroic death and statement to Aragorn at the end.
The Count of Monte Cristo Jim Cavizel's journey is epic and Guy Pierce is good as the villain
The Sons of Katie Elder Who doesn't love the Duke and his rowdy brothers
Tombstone Yeah I'm a fan of Biehn but Klmer, Russel, Paxton, and Elliot are awesome in it. Plus they kill Billy Zane ... What's not to love about that
The Sacketts Lois Lmour source material, awesome
Star Wars Episode 2 and 3 Only because I love McGregor and though I despise the way Anakin was written their brotherly bond is a high point
Saving Private Ryan Precursor to Band of Brothers it shows the bond of soldiers with a great cast
Ocean's 11 The rat pack is awesome and the remake was good as well

But my favorite movie must be Legends of the Fall. Brad Pitt's character arc, Adian Quinn's evolution, Anthony Hopkins as the father. The story of three brothers who love the same woman and handle loss, pain, and self loathing. But in the end family stays together. Plus Pitt choosing his own end with the darn bear made me want to fight a bear with a knife as a kid.

Favorite book has to be Dune by Frank Herbert who's movie was one of my favorites until the mini series. Runner up is I, Jedi by Micheal Stackpole. Both had to choose what they would do on their journey of vengeance.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself doo not become a monster ... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzche

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom