Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your favorite movie, and why?

So, I think this could be a fun discussion. What is are favorite movie(s), and why?

I would say mine is The Dark Knight. In short; The Joker is one of my favorite characters in fiction, and is played extremely well, and I feel the movie greatly captures the concept of Batman being both loved and hated, ecspecially towards the end, with the last few lines of the movie. 'Why are we chasing him?' "Because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a watchful guardian. A silent protector. A dark knight."

Runner-up: The Lion King. If you watch is closley, it's an extremely good movie, with an in depth story and several messages behind it. "The way I see it you can either run from your past... or learn from it."

So what's your favorite movie?

Casablanca. Hands down my favorite movie of all time. The film was shot during World War II, so much of the emotions taking place within the movie are extremely real. Its a love story, an action movie, a comedy and a commentary on the times (1940s) all rolled into one. If you watch the movie several times, you'll notice many phrases that are still widely in use today that got their 'start' in that movie.

Other Favorites :

Nightmare Before Christmas -- Its dark, brooding, with a love story and message underneath.
Mildred Pierce -- Joan Crawford at her best, a classic film noir.
The Shining -- Doesnt follow the book but completely awesome
Ghostbusters

The Princess Bride. Hands down it is my favorite movie because I can quote just about the entire movie. As well, I watch it about once a month.

Audris-reaction.gif

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
For some reason, it just makes sense that [member="Mrrew"] would like The Lion King. :D

My favorite films are any of the Star Wars movies, though some are better than others. Then I like The Dark Knight trilogy and Miracle, the one about the 1980 US Olympic hockey team.

Beowoof said:
For some reason, it just makes sense that [member="Mrrew"] would like The Lion King. :D

My favorite films are any of the Star Wars movies, though some are better than others. Then I like The Dark Knight trilogy and Miracle, the one about the 1980 US Olympic hockey team.
But will you ever guess... my favorite character...?

tumblr_lxppkdOYhq1qcq5pe.gif
:D

My favourite is hands-down the Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.

It came out in theatres around Christmas in 2003, and I was 12 years old at the time: the perfect age-group for a high fantasy epic. I'd seen the previous two films prior to this one, but never in the theatres. I was a Lord of the Rings junkie at the time, and this film was the ultimate experience, and the audience was great. At the end everyone cried and applauded, me included. It is my absolute fondest memory of watching a movie. Pure perfection. I never wanted it to end.

I love Lord of the Rings as well. Read the books once a year at least. Even tried another RP sight which unfortunately did not last. :(

However just released here in the last two day is: How to Train your Dragon 2. Love it! Vikings with scottish accents for the Win! :p [member="Thurion Heavenshield"].

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom