Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Wanna Watch a Fight?[Fringe]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Lucien Cordel"] @[member="Darth Ilyena"]

"Oh, it's closer to twenty thousand by now," said Ashin with a lopsided smile and a nod. "I apologize, Lucien, Your Majesty -- I have trouble thinking in terms of formality when all I want to do is hop the balustrade and find something untoward to do in the arena. I'm told you've done a remarkable job bringing some amount of stability to Rattatak; I may have helped save it from the Ssi-Ruuk, but I was never able to give it the kind of attention it would take to instill any amount of order.

"Besides. The name Talith will always bring respect among the wise."

Lira Dajenn

L
Ilyena bowed her head respectfully as she met the woman, her eyes shifting slightly and looking her up and down. It became apparent to the Queen that this woman was not someone to be messed with. Ashin Varanin would destroy anything in her path if she needed to, that much was clear to Ilyena. When Ashin spoke the name Talith and said that it deserved respect her anger was completely wiped away, replaced with absolute shock.

For a moment she forgot herself.

“You knew my father?” The words were almost rushed, slightly unbecoming of one of the Queen's of Rattatak. She forgot everything else however, Moridin was the most important thing in her life. Even now when he was long dead the mere mention of his name was enough to send a somewhat rushed sense of panic throughout her, such was the love for her father.

A sort of excitement welled inside of her as she waited for the woman to answer.
@[member="Lucien Cordel"] @[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Darth Ilyena"]

3d1f46e0e283464617a113babde6ec103d069382586013faa39003d516085977.jpg

Ashin smiled faintly. "I wasn't certain he was your father until now, but yes. And one Sven Talith served under me as a Grand Moff for a time, and as a...well, he helped me take Gand before that. Ambitious men, strong fighters, good leaders, but prone to grandiose and short-term projects. I hope your rule here is a long and consistent one, Your Majesty. Your predecessors left large shoes to fill -- many, many pairs of them, most of them worn only once."

Lira Dajenn

L
"I see.” Her voice was feint, as if she was lost in thought. Then her eyes narrowed for a second, as if she had perceived an insult, quickly however that expression returned to one of neutrality, realizing that Ashin actually held a great deal of respect for both Moridin and Sven. Ilyena herself had never met the latter of the two, both of her brothers had no idea she existed in fact, it was not yet time for them to know.

She smiled slightly at Ashin's other comments about the shoes. She wasn't entirely sure if Ashin was referring to Moridins habit of grandiose displays of power before disappearing, or her families tendency to have a hand in almost everything. Still the smile was genuine, either way it was slightly humorous.

Finally she spoke, her voice soft and soothing and her gaze briefly flickering towards @[member="Evelynn"]. “Unlike my father, I have someone to keep me grounded.”

She chuckled slightly, as if she had told a joke.
@[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Evelynn

E
I'm sorry, I've dragged us into a conversational limbo while the world around us passes by.

The girl visibly jolted as a very familiar voice boomed behind her. Talk about your surprise visits. There was absolutely no need for her to turn around and look. Keep it casual. Keep it cool.

Why? Are you p-p-p-proud, my Lord?

Keep it sassy?

It was an unusually bold moment for a girl so emotionally crippled. The stutter that he had found so disgusting had in no way, shape or form found its way into her telepathy. That was just a moment of teasing. After all, what could he do to her here? Honestly? Probably just throw her off the balcony but with Nemene close-by Evelynn almost felt invincible.

Finally she turned to face him. Ah, Kaine Zambrano, as imposing as ever. The mute girl offered her Master a small nod of the head but nothing more, not here where she was supposed to reign supreme with her sister. Who had...ah...

Yes, you could say that we've bonded somewhat...and...ah, she's just found out who you are.

A prickly heat crawled across her being as the young woman felt her sister's rage. Nothing new there. It was rather understandable given who and what Nemene was. Possessive. Explosive. Oh yes, she was all smiles and courtesy on the outside but inside she was boiling and through their connection she felt it. Second-hand anger.

Surely you've n-not come here just to see m-m-muh-m-me?

The silent sister smirked.

@Kaine Zambrano

Kaine's smile evolved into a deep frown of annoyance at her intentional mental stutter, "Watch yourself, Evelynn. I just started to enjoy your company, would be a shame to ruin it." He said menacingly as he waggled his right index finger at her, and then moved to take a seat next to Evelynn. He let his eyes gaze from her out to the arena far down below, the clash of weapons, the roar of combat, and the shrieks of death all blended together perfectly. The way Evelynn mentioned that Nemene had discovered who he was concerned him slightly, and he suspected that she harbored a hatred for him for what he had done to Evelynn. "Did she now? From the way it sounds she doesn't like me very much, what a surprise. I thought I was the best chum of everyone in the galaxy, I mean the Togorians simply adore me." He said with heavy sarcasm and dark humor as he relaxed back in the stone chair that served as the seats for spectators. "I knew her father, served under him, fought beside him against the Mandalorians... felt him rip Teferi Efreet limb from limb on Concord Dawn. He was a true warrior, and I have no doubt Nemene is a fine warrior as well, from what I've seen of his children so far... I can't wait to talk more in depth with her."

@[member="Evelynn"]

Evelynn

E
With her back now turned to the fighting Evelynn's eyebrows knitted in frustration. Given the closeness between Panatha and Rattatak it was really no surprise that he had come but her mind had been swept away. Caught up in a whirlwind of luxury and blatant masochism the girl was beginning to shed off her docile coat.

Thule felt like an eternity ago. Another girl, another time.

Kaine Zambrano. Friend of all the galaxy. I wouldn't worry, my sister is merely a touch...avaricious.

She paused, continuing to stand. A quick snap of her fingers brought the attention of a slave. Barely dressed in transparent materials, the nubile girl was probably very much to her Master's tastes. Evelynn's thirsts however lay in the goblets of red wine that stood on her tray. The silent sister deftly plucked a chalice for herself before the slave turned to offer Kaine.

The girl leaned back against the balcony, closing her eyes for a moment. Absorbing the moment, absorbing his words.

Family legacies mean nothing to me.

@[member="Darth Vornskr"]

"I'd be surprised if you felt anything for a family legacy, after all I did free you of your family. I do believe you're now free to create your own legacy." Kaine gingerly picked up the goblet of fine wine from the girl, and then wrapped his arm around the waist of the scantily clad nubile slave girl and flung her onto his lap. Kaine's chance at a newer additions to his legacy had all but evaporated, as with mastery of the Dark Side came with terrible prices. Besides the physical and mental toll on the body, the Dark Side could even make your sterile in some cases. Many would not care for such deficiencies, but for a man like Kaine who was hung up on racial superiority and the concept of family living on after your own demise, it was a heavy blow. "I applaud the connections you have made, apprentice. You have pleased me thus far."

@[member="Evelynn"]

Lira Dajenn

L
“If you'll excuse me Lady Varnin, Lord Cordel, I have something to attend to.” She gave both of them a respectful bow of her head and then began to walk away from both of them, suddenly however she stopped, as if she had thought of something important. She turned back to Lucien with a graceful smile and spoke to him, voice soft and soothing. “I'll be sure to seek you out before the matches are over Master Cordel. There is something we should discuss.”

With that she turned away from the two Masters, her silks fluttering slightly as she flowed like liquid over the balcony. She had an objective in her mind, a searing hot iron that burned in her mind. She controlled the anger, she wound it into a ball and kept a mental fist tightly wrapped around it, killing the man would do her no good here.

She came up behind Evelynn just as she heard the man speak of legacy's. She knew that he had stripped her of the name Dorn, she knew that technically Evelynn was a part of no family. The Smugness of the man irked her, and as she came up behind her sister she let a cool hand fall on the womans shoulder.

“She is part of my legacy now.” Her words were strong, possessive, and in her eyes completely true. Evelynn and she were sisters now, and that made Evelynn a Talith. She was a part of Moridins legacy, and Nemene's words had solidified that.

Evelynn

E
Legacies.

That was a word that she had spared no though towards whatsoever. In truth the girl had only given the future minimal attention, assuming that sooner or later she was going to die horrificly, whether it was by Kaine's hand, Nemene's or possibly the next big bad that approached her with a big net and a shiny collar. Life was fickle. Life was fleeting.

The silent sister pushed herself off of balcony, her eyes firmly stuck upon the sordid display before her. Debauchery was the norm here, which explained her incredibly cool gaze as the slave woman squirmed.

She took a delicate sip of her wine, not at all enjoying the taste but rather the image that went along with vin rouge.

Before Evelynn could actually respond to her Master her sister entered the fray, thankfully only with words. This was hardly the perfect venue for pistols at dawn. Wait. This was an arena. It was the perfect location. Lost in her own thoughts she smiled coyly at the very concept before reality reigned down. Lord Zambrano would not have fought for her, she was his Apprentice, his tool. The relationship between them was very different to the one the young woman held with Nemene.

Her smile softened and her hand travelled up her sister's back, two fingers spidering up the woman's spine before stopping at her neck.

Well that settles the matters of legacies, then.

@[member="Darth Vornskr"], @[member="Nemene Talith"]

Lucien bowed in return as the queen left. He smiled when she turned back to announce they had something to discuss. That could be good or bad but from her look it was a good thing. He took up another drink he was getting hot and uncomfortable now "Lady Varanin it's too dry out here I'm afraid I must take my leave of you to get a booth" He gave her a bow before walking off dragging his servant with him. He need someone to fan him after all.

Amusement covered Kaine's features as Nemene waltzed over to stand next to Evelynn, "Yes, the great Talith legacy. I'm sure Moridin would be proud of his bastards." He said with a harsh chuckle before he sipped from his goblet of wine, the slave girl in his lap squirming anxiously as the tension between them all became palpable. "But, I do suppose a Talith is infinitely better than a Dorn, those spineless rats. I showed sweet Evelynn here the weakness of her own family, and freed her from that horrible fate. I suppose thanks would be in order, but then again it's never been custom for a Darksider to thank anyone for anything." He took another drink, letting the dark liquid pour past his lips and down his throat, before fixating his gaze firmly on Nemene. "I knew your father, fought alongside him in battle against the United Mandalorian Clans and their Jedi companions at Concord Dawn. I was his adviser when he sat on the black throne of the Sith Empire, and I watched him slaughter the entire Dark Council and take the throne for himself. He was a great man, a unrivaled warrior, and a powerful Darksider. I respect him to this day, even if his soul is scattered to Chaos."

@[member="Nemene Talith"] @[member="Evelynn"]

Lira Dajenn

L
“Do you want to know what the difference is between me and all of Moridins other spawn?” The smirk on her face grew wider, and Evelynns touch only helped to widen that smirk. It sent goosebumps up and down her spine and seemed to enthrall her into speaking more, her eyes narrowed, the golden orbs giving off a slight sheen as she stared Kaine directly in the eye. “I'm not a bastard.”

If Kaine knew the customs of royalty, and of course he did he would know what that meant. Before he had died Moridin had accepted and declared that Nemene was his child. He had not married her mother of course, the woman had been some Kiffari strumpet, but he had declared it through law and his own word that Nemene was of his blood, and she held the mark upon her skin to prove it.

A small mark that most word recognize as Moridins sigil, placed upon the nape of her neck by him. Invisible most of the time, unless prodded with the darkside of the force.

This in the eyes of most royalty gave her certain rights. It gave her Byss for one, the thing Moridin had held most sacred in this galaxy. It also gave her the right to call herself Dreadlady, Princess, Daughter to the First Emperor, and a host of dozens of other titles that he had held within his lifetime. First and foremost however it gained her a certain amount of respect, as Ashin had shown her and others as well in her lifetime. Kaine being of the blood himself would understand that, and know its meaning. That wasn't to say he would immediately respect it of course, but he would at least understand what Moridin had intended for his daughter.

She was the true heir to his legacy, and now, so was Evelynn.

With those few important words said Nemene turned away from the last Sith Emperor, pulling Evelynn along with her in her wake. There was a self satisfied smirk on her face as she wandered across the balcony again, the rage within her having been replaced by a sheet of calm, one provided by her sister.

Kaine chuckled again, "Fair enough then, your majesty. I hope to see more of you in the future, all of Moridin's children, bastard or otherwise, have always been very entertaining. I pray you'll be no different, hrmm?" He raised his glass in a toast to Nemene as she sauntered away with Evelynn, leaving the last Sith Emperor alone with his slave girl. He had newfound respect for the child, she must have meant a helluva lot to Moridin for him to declare her his heir, and if Moridin found her worthy, then so did he. However; he did not whole heartitly approve of the influence she might have on his little pet, but he promised to keep a watchful eye on the 'Queens of Rattatak' for the time being. But, until then Kaine delighted himself with the wine and the nubile slave firmly situated on his lap.

A glass of deep red wine sat idly in his hand, his eyes drawn over the balcony rail to every movement of the fighters below. He could pick out which ones, round after round, had some modicum of experience, and which ones were simply cattle for the slaughter. The others gathered engaged in conversation, but... until he was approached, his attentions were squarely on the fights they had been invited to view. He had as much of an interest in attending a fight as he had in engaging in one, and he could go so far as to say he preferred the latter.

He knew, from keen observation, that there were one or two in his present company that harboured much the same thoughts and feelings, but none of them had he ever exchanged blows with. The time would come, surely, where he would make an opponent of each of them. Adair would enjoy each and every one of those experiences, that much was certain.

Lifting the glass to his lips and taking a long, slow draw from it, he swallowed, and continued to watching the combatants, avidly, not discounting the possibility that such things could happen this very day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom