Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You sure these are the meds we were looking for?

"That looks good, very good," Shae said approvingly as she checked over Kenna's work. Then she smiled to Kourin, "Since the wound being so shallow, with her tender, loving care, you may not even have a scar." She helped Kourin work his shirt back over the bandages, then ruffled his hair playfully.

When the ship shuddered, Shae immediately put a hand on Kenna to keep her steady in case the turbulence became too much. Her ears laid back with a growl as she watched Malcom bolt from the infirmary to assess the situation. "Both of you, lock yourselves here in the infirmary, I'll go with the Captain, one of us will call down when we're sure it's safe," Shae said, then took off after Malcom, but she didn't even get past the doors when they saw the veins of electricity and then the lights shut off. And then they were thrown as the ship jerked. Shae hit the doorway hard then slumped to the floor with a pained whine. She rubbed at her shoulder as she pulled herself from the floor. Uhg, she was probably going to have one helluva bruise...

"You two okay?" she asked, her eyes cutting through the dim red emergency lighting to find Kenna and Kourin. Once she was sure they were fine, she hesitantly made to leave again. "As soon as I'm gone, seal the doors and don't open them unless you see one of us on the other side," she ordered. She knew she had no place to actually give orders, but if either Kenna or Kourin had any sense, they would do as they were told.

[member="Malcom Renolds"] [member="Kenna Raine"] [member="Kourin the Rat"]

His eyes betrayed a hint of annoyance at her words of 'tender', 'loving', and 'caring', but he managed to bite back a reply that would most certainly get him in a bad way. Even if he didn't know tact when speaking, the tact of shutting up was a skill all its own. "I have been hit by worse then this." Was all he said, in an attempt to restore some form of manly pride. "Though regardless, tha-" His words were caught by the sudden jerking in the ship, nearly falling of the table, his hands gripping the side of it tightly. "That cant be good."

"Yeah i am completely okay wit-" However, it seemed the Galactic gods had decreed that for a spell, anything major Kourin had to say would be interrupted. And this interruption came in the form of flying off the table in a spectacular manner, though he pulled off a nine star landing, he grunted in pain regardless from the sudden shock. And now that he was down there, he stayed. "Y-yeah im fine... Mostly." He said, feeling bruised, but that was all. He was rather tough after all. "I saw that energy... Ion cannon? Bloody hell." He said, swearing, and nodding as she spoke. "Right. Stay here. Dont leave. Make sure its you. Got it." He said, nodding, before looking to Kenna. "You alright over there?"

[member="Shae Kalin"] [member="Malcom Renolds"] [member="Kenna Raine"]

Things were never this crazy on the ship. Kenna had gotten used to her daily routine and now all of this craziness was going down. It seemed though that now things were to go back to normal, hopefully. She had been crating lists in her head of what she needed to check on when they did.

Just as she had finished the ship shuttered slightly Kenna, with the help of Shea, was able to stable herself. It wasn't long before Malcolm bolted out the door.

Before Shae left though the ship shuttered again sending Kenna to the ground and sliding into the cabinet. As she looked up, she could see though that Rat had gotten the worst of it. "I'll stay right here and keep Rat safe." She stated from the floor turning to look to him whom was now on the floor with her. It may be best to just leave him for now least the ship rock again. trying to get herself up. "I'm ok, how are you? Did anything come lose? The bandage?" She had just finished applying it and now this. The young woman certainly had suffered worse bruises than this. She would be ok but the ship, she was a little worried about and what was going on out there.

Pulling herself up Kenna moved to close and lock the door behind her as the ship rocked again shoving her into a table. Biting her tongue she rubbed her elbow as she lowered herself to the ground. If something went wrong the floor had plenty of things scattered about on it that she could use as a weapon. Better than lemon cleaner.

[member="Kourin the Rat"] [member="Shae Kalin"] [member="Malcom Renolds"]

Springing back to his feet, Malcom ran to the bridge and took a look outside. "Oh....kark me...."

Outside the ship, a meteor floated nearby. An old school tactic used by pirates. They'd tow meteors into hyperspace lanes and force ships to drop back into real space. While affective, it was a dangerous technique for sometimes they would pull something out of hyperspace beyong their ability to handle.

A heavily armed cargo vessel from the looks of it, flew by the bridge releasing another salvo of ion cannon fire. A dark look appeared across Malcolm's features as he knew what was about to happen. One did not stun a ship into submission unless they meant to board them.

Pulling his rifle from off his back, he turned around and gave Shae a look. "Well, I hope you weren't kidding about those powers. We're about to have company. Head to the airlock, I'll meet you there in a moment.". He moved past her and headed back to the med bay. "Pirates in this area don't usually take prisoners." He warned over his shoulder to the hired guard.

Stepping to the medbay door, he knocked on it urgently and put his head to the windowso they could see it was him.

[member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Kourin the Rat"] | [member="Shae Kalin"]

Wasting no time for idle banter, Shae headed for the airlock. These people fascinated Shae. Not just the Captain or the pirates threatening to board the ship; humans and near humans of all kinds fascinated her. Their lives were so painfully short; it seemed just when they had started living that old age and decay would set in and soon after they would be gone. Such short lives, and yet they seemed to spread with the same reckless abundance as a virus or cancer, fighting and killing each other over petty, inconsequential things, like who was right and wrong or who owned what rock, It made no sense to Shae, and yet she couldn't help but remain fascinated with them, especially when for each person of abominable character she came across she could find another with the capacity for such deep kindness and compassion and generosity. But even the kindest of the humans would eventually, inevitably turn on her and cast her out, and though she never hated them, she always remained perplexed, even amused, and always endeavoring to learn more.

Shae held no loyalties to any of these humans, but she had a job to do and more than anything she wanted to protect the two innocents locked in the infirmary. She stood just around the corner from the airlock amidst her silent contemplation gathering her strength and collecting heat into her hands. She had to be careful of how she unleashed her power on the ship; one wrong move and she could ignite the oxygen the artificial atmosphere and put everyone in danger. But if she did this right, then the only ones who would be in any danger were the ones about to come through the airlock. She felt the ship rock as the mooring clamps took hold of the ship and a hiss as a seal was created between the two ships. It was only a matter of time before their slicers worked their way through the doors, and when they did, she would be ready for them.

[member="Malcom Renolds"] [member="Kenna Raine"] [member="Kourin the Rat"]

Rat was about to speak when he heard what she said. He could only take so many blows in one day. First puppy and then that. It killed the entire atmosphere and tenseness the situation with the attack and all had. When she asked about the bandage, he merely shook his head. "Worry about that later. Though its stayed on more or less anyways." He commented, kinda surprise it was still there fairly solidly. He got warily up, looking around and seeing a few things that could be used as a weapon, though not grabbing one yet, as he heard the knocking at the door, and saw Malcom there.

He opened the door quickly and resisted making a remark about if Malcoms face had scared them off, and instead asked something else. "Whats up exactly for you to be back this fast?" He asked in a slightly worried voice. He was used to tense situations, but the feeling of being in space while being boarded and attacked was not a fun one by any means... Rather, it was very worrying, though he managed to keep his head cool, despite his body shifting and jittering nervously.

Pulling out Kourin's hold out blaster from his back pocket, he pushed the item back into his grasp. "You need to be armed." He said bruskly. Quickly pulling out one of his own pistols, he walked over and handed it to Kenna. "You as well. We are about to be boarded. Pirates in these parts are not kind. Prisoners are rare...unless they are woman..." He reckoned he didn't have to explain what he meant. By his tone it was fairly obvious.

Turning back to Kourin he continued. "If there is anyway you can slice their systems and give us an edge, I want to know what you'll need..."

At the airlock, sparks began shooting through the door as their welding team began to cut their way around the edges. "...Like now!" He suggested after hearing the sound.

[member="Kourin the Rat"] | [member="Shae Kalin"] | [member="Kenna Raine"]

Kenna's eyes widened at the sound of pirates and she gulped. She had never been owned by pirates before and that was something that she hoped to never experience. The young girl had heard whispers of how they treated woman and slaves. She wanted no part of it at all. "We will stay in here and be quite? Or is there somewhere better?Or what do you want me to do?" She questioned meekly holding the gun close to her. Kenna didn't know how to shoot but would figure it out if they found her.

"I just pull the trigger, right?" Her eyes went to him as she held the gun out in front of her. She was doing her best to be brave in this moment even though it was highly possible that she would get taken or get Malcolm hurt or even killed. He would try to protect her just because that was the type of man. She wanted to be able to do something, not be weak and stupid. Worthless.

Hopefully her job would be more than go hide under the bed until it was all over. Perhaps she could distract some of them for a bit or something. Kenna didn't know just something.

[member="Malcom Renolds"] [member="Kourin the Rat"] [member="Shae Kalin"]

Kourin nodded. He knew about pirates, they were not really much different from the gangs he knew. Except they were in space. Space Gangsters. For reasons completely unknown to him, the mere thought made his spine want to shiver out of his back. Eegh. He already knew what would happen to himself and Malcom if they didn't beat these guys back. After all, he had seen it plenty of times first hand in the Gang fights. Shoe on the other foot now ain't it?

Taking his holdout blaster pistol and putting it at his back he nodded, responding instantly as Malcom spoke. "I need my equipment that i had before, as well as acess to your ships transmitting systems and the full helm of controls. With that i can think something up." He said in a stream of words, going slow enough to be understood, but clearly worried about the current situation of things. Very worried, considering they were in space. Nowhere to run here Rat. No room for karking up. That more then anything worried him.

[member="Kenna Raine"] [member="Malcom Renolds"] [member="Shae Kalin"]

Turning back to Kenna he gave a quick nod. "Aye. Just aim, and pull the trigger. Don't be sheepish about it! That pistol has a kick. Hold it tight, or it'll sprain your wrist." Malcom didn't have time to give her a shooting lesson at that moment. That was about all the instruction he had time for sadly. Turning back to Kourin he again nodded. "Granted! Your stuff is still in the cargo bay, get it and head to the bridge! You have full access to anything you need. Shae and I will do our best to keep them off you for as along as possible."

Turning back to Kenna he finally addressed her question about where she was to stay. "Kenna, you stick with Kourin. If anything comes your way that isn't Shae or myself, shoot them. Courage now." He added as he just as quickly left the room and ran to Shae's side. "Shae! Back away from the hatch. I got a little surprise for them. Just stay on me when I move!" Malcom would wait only long enough for her to clear the area before producing a couple frag grenades. His favorite were thermal grenades of course. But in the confines of a ship those were simply to dangerous to let loose.

Smacking the hatch control panel with his hand, the door, much to the surprise of the pirates opened up. Their surprise and confusion was soon remedied with a couple grenades bounced into the tiny corridor that they were all bunched up into. ....BOOM BOOM!

Bodies flew into the ship along with a few body parts. Malcom wasted no time what so ever. One particularly dazed pirate who was trying to get back to his feet soon found a heavy caliber round being shot through his face. The seasoned Mandalorian surged forward into the breach, smashing another mans skull in with the butt of his rifle. He'd be relying heavily on whatever skill Shae could bring forth to keep his flanks covered while he tended to those not instantly killed by the grenades.

[member="Kourin the Rat"] | [member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Shae Kalin"]

Shae grinned when he opened the door and threw in the grenades; that hadn't been too far from her line of thinking when she had been heating her hands to make fire. Looks like he beat her to the punch!

But the grenades and his assault did not hold off the surge of pirates for long. Shae was right on his tail, firing arrows over his shoulder to pick off any pirates he missed, which weren't many. This man was a beast! She knew Mandolorians had a reputation that was well earned, but to actually see one in action... 'Impressed' would be an understatement.

Shae's ears twitched as she heard the battle cry of a man behind them, lunging at them with a techblade of sorts raised to strike. Shae cracked him in the ribs with the edge of her bow, then completed the rotation of her turn with a rake of her claws across his arms. When the man fell, she grabbed an arrow from her quiver and planted it in his eye, then gave it a twist to make sure he did not get back up. Another pirate came charging to avenge his fallen comrade, but Shae grabbed him by the neck, her heated hand burning his throat and sealing his windpipe. She let him drop where he was to die slowly of suffocation, then turned to continue following Malcom.

"Still in there!?" He said, getting up and running at a very impressive speed, not staying to hear the rest after he was told where his stuff was, though he did hear the access granted part. He wasn't nervous when he started to run, he had faith in his ability to move quickly and slice, so any anxiety kinda just got vented into making his body move faster, though this would wear him out long run. Thankfully, the ship was not exactly large, and he had at least a good enough sense of direction to find his way back to the cargo bay and back. Though on the way he caught a look at the ships lay out, so he knew where to head for the cockpit.

He arrived in the cargo bay around the time the grenades went off, the sound raising the hair on the back of his neck and his teeth grit. He picked up all off his equipment, putting it back into the pockets of his vest, before starting to dash out once again, hand behind his back and on his holdout blaster in case between here and while running to the cockpit he had a surprise happen to him.

Kenna nodded as she was given instructions. She had never held a blaster before but nobody ever needed to know that. If she was going to survive Kenna needed to have courage right here and now. The Pirates were here and she didn't know how many there were. She needed to be on her game.

As Rat flew out of the room Kenna was quite literally on his tail as he went from the room to cargo bay to cock pit. She was supposed to stay with him and help whatever that meant.

"Do what you need to do, I'll keep guard." Kenna nodded to Rat before turning to the door blaster raised as she waited for the inevitable it seemed. Hopefully when they did come it would be enough. It had to be enough.

She could hear footsteps and voices from down the hallway. Kenna was sure whom they were but they were coming and now the door was opening. Her heart pounded within her chest as she waited to see who it was. Foe or friend.

[member="Malcom Renolds"] | [member="Shae Kalin"] | [member="Kourin the Rat"]

Malcom looked up to see 4 men with vibroswords charging into them. Falling back he called his temporary partner. "Shae. Turn up the heat will ya?"

Ducking back onto his ship, Malcom abandoned the attached docking tube to let the merc do her worst. It was only a matter of time though before these idiots wise up and used something a little stronger. He was really hoping at this point the slicer was going to be able to help them.

Pulling up his comm link, he connected to Kenna. "Kenna. Tell Rat if he can get into their systems to have him vent their ship." Lowering the comm, he raised his rifle back to the ready to support whatever Shae had up her sleeve.

[member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Kourin the Rat"] | [member="Shae Kalin"]

As soon as Malcom brushed past her, Shae shouldered her bow and a ball of fire formed in her hand. It was dangerous unleashing fire in a closed atmosphere like this, but if the Captain wanted her to heat up the place, then who was she to argue. She threw the flaming ball at the feet of the pirates and it splashed into a pool at their feet. With a wave of her hand, the fire rose up, catching on to their clothes and engulfing them. While they were panicked and trying and failing to put out the fires, Shae turned to follow Malcom back through the docking port.

"I would advise resealing the door. Fire on a ship tends to lead to explosions, and I'd rather not have our air supply ignite along with theirs," Shae said rather bluntly to the Mandalorian.

[member="Malcom Renolds"] | [member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Kourin the Rat"]

Rat got safely to the cockpit, taking out his equipment and finding out what ports were where on the ship, before starting to slice into the ships systems. Getting into Maclom's ship, since he was from inside, would be comparatively easy, considering he had several spikes on hand and he had direct access. Now the pirates ship... That was going to involve some cyber-warfare work-around shenanigans, and how hard it was depended purely on their level of security. Which was a reasonable level, but it didn't seem anyone was watching the systems on their end as he started slicing his way inside.

"Just watch my back, can't help me with the slicing part." He said to Kenna as he worked, not wasting any time as he worked. "Past the initial barrier... Slicing the way in..." He murmured to himself, taking out and injecting a computer spike into his datapad, boosting the process, though the spike fried itself as they so very often did. The one downside to them, they could often jump through security, but they nearly always burned themselves out from the processing power. Though how effective it would be was rather... Wonky, considering he wasn't directly hooked up. It could get him right in, or it could only help slightly.

"Malcolm wants you to vent their ship if you can." Kenna stated loud enough for him to hear turning her head slightly to the side. If there were pirates coming this way she didn't want them hearing her. She was scared enough as it was and she didn't need pirates coming in and grabbing her. Kenna was supposed to be watching Rat's back after all.

The footsteps kept creeping closer and closer though or at least that was what she was hearing. The door having slammed shut meant nothing. It was quite possible that she was just hearing things or they were were coming. Taking a deep breath Kenna did her best to calm herself down and stop shaking the blaster. Acting like this was going to help nobody including herself.

"Malcolm, I think they are coming in. One just opened and closed the door. I think they are coming back." She stated in the comm trying to sound calm or at least as calm as she could.

[member="Kourin the Rat"][member="Shae Kalin"][member="Malcom Renolds"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom