Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You sure these are the meds we were looking for?

He winced slightly as the slicing equipment was tossed to the side, though he knew it was tough enough to be fine even after that. He shifted his body a bit as she pulled him up into a sitting position, getting comfortable. The wound was only a mild graze, and the bleeding had more or less stopped, most of the blood dried. Though he couldn't help but hiss between his teeth in pain as she pulled the simple t-shirt away, while the damage may not be that bad, the pain certainly was. He kept silent until Malcom spoke, looking up at his helmet where his eyes were... Or at least, where he thought his eyes were. Hard to tell through a helmet.

"Well you see... Long story short, i made some people rather angry. Which isn't hard to do on this slime ball of a planet. And, as you can probably guess by the wound, they wanted to remove me permanently. So after a short fire fight against three people, i ran away for a solid two minutes. I more or less lost them when i entered the hangar bay, but i couldn't leave and not get caught, as they were headed my way from the entrance. And then i saw your ship coming in. And that landing gear looked like an awfully good place to hide for a spell. And now here we are."

He said all this while, trying, to look him in the eyes. Something which his teacher had drilled into him, though was rather hard to do with someone who had a helmet on. "And that's it really." Though it was more complex then that, a shot explanation would do for this particular situation.

[member="Malcom Renolds"] [member="Shae Kalin"] [member="Kenna Raine"]

Malcom raised an unseen eyebrow at the boy. "Well you seem to be making a bad habit of making people angry. Might I inquire as to HOW you made these people angry? Angry enough to where they figured putting a blaster bolt in you was a better solution than simply making you pay back your debt some how." He said with a little nudge of the end of his rifle into his shoulder.

The action was a bit of a test for the kid as well. He was curious about the boys temperament. If he reacted in a hostile manner, Malcom was fully capable and prepared to put him down.

[member="Kourin the Rat"]

The poking on his shoulder, while it didn't bring a sound or a direct action, rewarded Malcom with a pained look of annoyance, and the sound of gritting teeth. Though if that was from the pain it caused, or Malcom's action, was unclear.

"Im a slicer, and i was born into working for rather unscrupulous people. Yes i know that's the only kind of people on Nar Shadda." He added with a wry look. "I was looking to escape leave the planet, and get away from some rather nasty enemies. I don't have any debts to pay up, and i am not a slave. I just know things certain people don't want me to know. And before you ask, those people were gangs." In the back of his mind, he really really wanted to react to the prodding, but resisted the urge. "All there really is on that."

[member="Malcom Renolds"]

The boy's heart rate remained consistent as he spoke, and there was no spike of adrenaline that would indicate anxiety or fear of being caught in a lie, nor the rush of any endorphins that would indicate he was pleased he was fooling anyone. And while Shae was no Jedi, she could sense sincerity through the Force. Putting it all together, Shae had no reason to think Kourin wasn't telling the truth.

"I believe him," Shae said to Malcom simply. She cast a glance over to the slicing equipment. At the very least, the boy had disarmed himself and carried the tools of his trade to back up his statements. "I will, however, be exercising caution when I take him to the infirmary, and I will double check that the cargo was not tampered with," she added, then waited for Malcom to decide what to do next.

[member="Malcom Renolds"]

"Not so hasty, Shae." He said turning his attention from her back him. Information is power after all. And this person seemed to have something of value. "I'm not saying I don't believe his story. But that doesn't mean he now gets free reign to my ships facilities. Most people in our position would have simply gunned him down and thrown him out the airlock. So far, he should be counting his lucky stars." His eyes remained on the kid as he assessed him. It was impressive the youth didn't fight back. It seemed he had the potential to, but the good sense to control it. Interesting.

Malcom stared into his eyes for a moment longer as he pondered what next to ask. "As for your current status. You aren't a slave....yet. But you are very much in debt. To me in fact, for the reason mentioned before. So what is it that you know that has gangs on Nar Shadaa clamoring for your life?"

[member="Shae Kalin"] | [member="Kourin the Rat"] | [member="Kenna Raine"]

"Never meant to imply he should go free, merely that I believe what he says," Shae said as she tugged the boy's shirt back in place. To solidify her statement, she reached into the satchel she had slung over her shoulder and pulled out a pair of zip-ties she had linked together into cuffs and pulled the boy's hands behind his back to put the makeshift cuffs on him. She liked having a few of these handy for when she was taking no-kill jobs.

Kourin listened silently and without much of any movement besides nervously squirming a bit. He wasn't to surprised by the bit of being cautious when taking him to the infirmary, but the remark amused him. Mostly because he knew he couldn't fight hand to hand to save his life... Literally. Shae's pushing back of his shirt over the wound made him jerk a bit at the pain, though not in an aggressive way, it was a mild twitch from pain. He didn't resist the zip-ties, though shifted around a bit after they were put on.

When a the comment was made on how lucky he was, oh he knew his luck had been probably around a one in a million. Thank the force he was a betting kinda guy. "You ask me about that information..." He said with a wince, sighing. "Right. You can confirm this in my datapad over there." He said, tilting his head in its direction. "The information is the location of the location of two hide outs, and one weapon cache, with a possible location for a second. Not to mention a list of high ranking members, and a few major supporters. Three if i recall correctly. One person and two organizations." If he picked up his datapad and checked, that is indeed, what he would find. A disturbingly large amount of information for his appearance.

Malcom continued to look on as Shae pulled out some zip ties that always made for a good makeshift set of cuffs in a pinch. A nice precaution, he thought to himself before returning to the situation at hand. The mando was a little taken aback by this persons readiness to hand over the information. Whether is was legit or baseless dribble would soon be discovered with a simple inspection of his data pad. After inquiring for and getting the password, he was even more surprised at who it was he had spoken of.

Casting him an almost wide eyed stare, he brought up his own data pad and sent a message to Kenna.

"All clear. Can you please get the infirmary prepped? We've got an injured stowaway....and no. It wasn't my fault. No really, it wasn't, I swear. Thanks."

With the message away, he pondered the person in front of him. "And what were you planning on doing with this intel? Did someone hire you?"

[member="Kourin the Rat"] | [member="Shae Kalin"] | [member="Kenna Raine"]

He shifted a bit nervously as he typed on his datapad, hoping that was something good and not bad. Though in the back of his mind, he got the feeling it was something good. Though he wasn't sure why.

"What it was for? I was hired to slice it obviously, by the group i had been rather... Tied up with. I was planning to leave right after that job, as the pay was plenty enough to make a clean 'escape' as it were. And yeah, as i said there, i was hired. I was going to wipe the info, get the payment, and leave. And now, i failed at doing both of those things. Least i am getting off planet though."

This time his voice sounded pissed. More at himself then anyone else though.

"As for who hired me, that i am not going to say. And no information on them nor related to them is on that datapad. Much as i may not like that particular employer, i will not rat them out." He said with a strict, clear tone. He didn't mind spreading information on his employers enemies, but on his actual employers? No. He refused. Another lesson his teacher had very thoroughly beaten into his head. He was surprisingly honest because of it, and even if he didn't tell the whole truth, he probably wouldn't lie.

"An honest thief." He said with an amused look on his face. "Now there is something you don't see every day. Eh, Shae?" He pondered what he had in his hand and how he might be able to make use of it. Torture was really not his thing, so he really hoped this person would make that necessary. This person....why was he still thinking of him that way? "Do you have a name, honest thief?"

After receiving the name, he thought about the information he did have. He knew the gang this information was about. He also had a pretty good idea who this guys employers were. Malcom was a smuggler in addition to his bounty hunting activities after all. He knew pretty much all the relevant gangs and their current statuses. He could really screw this boys life over if he really wanted. Fortunately for him, Malcom didn't want to do that. The hunter could see talent when it was there to be seen, this kid seemed to have it in spades.

The question was, would it be possible to get him to play ball. "Kourin....Rat. I would like to help you out. Truly. But I'll be as honest with you as you have been with me. My help does not come free. You have stowed away on my ship with dangerous information. I could lose my contacts with these people..." He said holding up the data pad "...if they find out I let you go. What I should do with you is dump you back on Nar Shadaa and collect the reward that is probably already on your head. This would make me and my crew look amazing, while simultaneously making some easy credits."

Lowering his rifle and actually throwing it over his shoulder so it rested on his back, he continued. "However, your skill impresses me. Might need a little work on your extraction plans, but that's easy enough to fix. If you would like me to not throw you out the air lock, patch you up, not take you back to Nar Shadaa and claim an easy bounty, while risking my own neck to harbor you, I will require payment. I think a skilled slicer would be a good thing for my crew. We could even work it out so you get paid for your last job, minus 50% for my services of course."

"So how about it? You work for me, I'll see you get a fresh start. What say you to that?"

Armed with lemon cleaner Kenna waited for Malcolm to give the signal that everything was clear. The only reason he had ordered her in here was because he wanted to keep her safe. This was one of those orders in which it was in her best interest to actual listen to though Kenna never did not listen. As the datapad she had with her went off Kenna jumped almost falling of her chair but caught herself before she did.

Kenna sighed as she read the message. She could imagine him getting angry and shooting at the intruder or Shae. It sounded though that he was ok so that was at least something. "Of course, I'll see you there. Is there blood all over the cargo hold?" She typed as she got up to go meet them at the infirmary. Hopefully there wasn't that much blood everywhere she had just got done scrubbing the cargo hold after his last mission. He hadn't done it because he asked her to it was just she liked a clean ship.

It wasn't long before she arrived at the infirmary and began to get it prepped for their guest. It wasn't used often so it was already clean all she needed to do was get some supplies out. Kenna knew the basics not any advance techniques as of yet though she was learning through holovids if that counted. Hopefully the wound wasn't too bad.

[member="Kourin the Rat"] [member="Shae Kalin"] [member="Malcom Renolds"]

The name 'honest thief' nearly made smirk. By credit of the simple fact that it fit in an amusing way, since he stole information. And was also honest. Pushing the mental amusement aside he moved on, telling him his name and all, and resting back a bit, shifting his legs around. The durasteel flooring was by no means comfortable.

Kourin wasn't to horribly surprised as he started talking, about what he should do, ect. Not to surprised really, as when he found out he was armed thats were he expected this was going. Except for him having connections with them. That he didn't expect, and Shae could probably tell his heart rate was picking up. Worried. Though his breathing kept more or less normal. And then as his body kinda... Froze, for a moment.

"...Ummm... Right... One moment." He said, as that had REALLY not gone the way he expected. Like. At all. It was something shocking enough to where his brain had to process that for a minute.

"Right so, what you are saying is...Take a deal and not die horribly, and even possibly get payed. Or do the other and die horribly." He said, putting it in a comical manner to help his mind start working again. "I am not an insane guy. So yes. I will. Also the payment i was going to be given for the job was 100,000 credits. So 50,000 credits each." This wasn't... Exactly what he had planned. But it was much better then being dead. Or worse in enemy hands. Though he suspected the other gang might come to his aid, there was no way in hell he was going to even think of indebted himself to them like that. That and this guy seemed trustworthy. Some at least. "With that said.... Anything else?"

[member="Kenna Raine"] [member="Malcom Renolds"] [member="Shae Kalin"]

Malcom nodded his head. "Yes this is very much a cake or death type scenario. So I'm pleased you chose the proverbial cake as it were.". Reaching down for the hold out blaster, he stood back up and looked to Shae.

He nodded for her to get him up on his feet. "Shae, let's get Rat here to the infirmary and get him patched up. We can start hammering out details on payment for his last job when that's finished."

Following the two out of the cargo hold, he stopped to seal the hatch behind them. "Well....hopefully THAT will be the last hiccup for this trip..." He grumbled to himself as he caught up to the othwra at the infirmary. Somehow h was starting to doubt it though.

In the medbay, he gave a quick look toward Kenna. "Kenna, meet Kourin the Rat. He says most just call him 'Rat'. And no, don't worry. No blood on the floors from what I saw. Just got to get his shoulder patched up. Looks like someone took a disliking to him back on Nar Shadaa."

While allowed Kenna and Shae to work on him, he filled Kenna in with the rest, so she'd at least be apprised on the situation. "Also, it looks like Rat will actually be joining us now. He's got some skills as a slicer we could use in exchange for helping him out here and getting him on the road to a new life as it were.". He decided to stop there in case she had any questions. It was a lot to take in what he just threw at her after all.

Nodding Kenna turned to the injured new crew member. She could ask questions later but for now she really just wished to get him set up. She needed to get him patched up and

"Nice to meet you Rat. Nar Shadaa isn't too nice of a place. Lots of criminals and scum. Your lucky to still be alive." She slightly smiled moving closer if only to get a closer look at his wound.

"Would it be alright if I touched you? I'm not going to hurt you, I just want to see what I'm dealing with and get your shoulder patched up. This way I can best help you." She didn't want to spook him by reaching and just touching him without first explaining. That seemed like a rather rude type of thing to do in her eyes. Some people were sensitive to touch. She was one of them.

[member="Malcom Renolds"] [member="Kourin the Rat"] | [member="Shae Kalin"]

With a nod from Malcom that it was safe to do so, Shae reached down and cut the zip-tie cuffs with a claw, then grabbed him by the back of his shirt and hauled him to his feet."Come on puppy, lets get you patched up," Shae said as she grabbed Kourin by the back of the shirt and hauled him to his feet, then prodded at his good shoulder to start walking, the two following after Malcom as he led the way to the infirmary.

Upon reaching the small medical bay, Shae smiled at Kenna. She looked over what Kenna already had laid out to treat Kourin and nodded approvingly. "Have you ever had to treat a blaster burn?" she asked as Kenna inspected Kourin's wound. "If you haven't, they can be tricky, even a graze like this, but I'll show you what you need to do." And together they cleaned and dressed the wound with Shae giving some pointers along the way.

[member="Kenna Raine"] [member="Malcom Renolds"] [member="Kourin the Rat"]

"Than-" Before he could finish speaking he heard her call him 'puppy'. 'Puppy.... Puppy... PUPPY!?!' His body did an amazing thing. It went from hot, to cold, and his face went from a slight shade of green, to red, to pale. "....Could you never call me that again please, Rat will do fine..." He said in a pained voice. The sound of that name addressing him was like a knife stabbing into his ego, and then being twisted. And pushed in past the hilt.

The name 'Rat' was one he was used to, more so then his real name it seemed by his movements. He nodded to Kenna. "Nice to meet ya.." He resisted the urge to burst into laughter at her comment on Nar Shadda not being a nice place, biting it back and instead smirking in amusement. "You could say its not a nice place yes..." Though he decided to not comment on the lucky part. He would only attribute two moments in his life to luck, and that was a while ago, the other being, well, literally right now. "And its fine. Do what ever it is you need to do."

He kept, more or less, still as they started to get to work, grinding his teeth as they worked and all, though surprisingly he managed to stay still. Having shrapnel pulled out of ones back was much worse.

[member="Shae Kalin"] [member="Kenna Raine"] [member="Malcom Renolds"]

His mind and body just kinda completely... Froze at that point. HIs blood couldn't decided if he wanted to go ice could and start boiling, and his face just simply went pale. After a moment, he hung his head.

"....Original please..." He said in a defeated, pained voice.

[member="Shae Kalin"]

"I haven't, Malcolm seems to never get hurt. I would love the help and to learn more from you. In the past I have treated minor scraps and bruises but nothing like this." Kenna stated as she began helping clean and wrap the wound. She didn't do this much as people rather go see professionals which she could get.

She liked helping others, it was what she was used to doing even as a child she would care for animals. Kenna wouldn't mind learning more at some point. Her master wasn't invisible and would likely get hurt at some point it would be nice to be able to help him.

"We are just finishing up and than I'll get you set up on the ship." She stated as she grabbed another gauze to wipe up the remaining blood that was on his shoulder.

[member="Malcom Renolds"] [member="Kourin the Rat"] | [member="Shae Kalin"]

The interaction between everyone was rather amusing. Between the new nicknames to the medical question, it was interesting to listen to. "You know, Kenna. Most people would say not really getting hurt while on mission is a good thing. But if you really insist, I'll see what I can do next time I'm out." He finished with a little grin.

His smirk disappeared when his ship began to shudder and alarms began blaring. "What the..." He gave a look around the room before darting out and toward the bridge. Seconds later the wall coursed with veins of electricity and the lights momentarily shut off before being replaced with red light. Simultaneously, the hum of the engines could be heard sputtering off just after the ship jerked toward the right a bit.

The force of the movement sent Malcom flying into the wall and falling to the floor. "Son of a nerf. What the kark is goin' on here!? This is like the trip from hell!"

[member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Kourin the Rat"] | [member="Shae Kalin"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom