Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You sure these are the meds we were looking for?

Malcom and his slave Kenna touched down on Nar Shadaa. They were supposed to be picking up a shipment of high grade medical supplies going to Roon. He thought it a bit strange that this shipment came with a pair of guards. But then, considering the starting point was in Red Raven territory and going to Techno Union territory...might be a good thing to have a little extra support.

Fortunately, he had decided recently to remove his slaves collar. So hopefully these "guests" won't think she is just a pushover and try anything. There could be some deadly issues if they did. Pulling up his data pad he sent a message to his contacts.

"To:
[member="Shae Kalin"] | [member="Mit Tuxaire"]

Transport ready. Dock 17, warehouse district. - M"

With the message away, he turns toward [member="Kenna Raine"]. "Well. I guess now we wait and see how much we're transporting." As he finished, he crossed his arms while standing on the loading ramp. "Is the ship ready to receive our guests and shipment?" "I really should have asked that before I sent the message...shouldn't I?" He thought to himself immediately after asking the question.

The trip to Nar Shadda had been relatively uneventful. Maybe some turbulence, but it was nothing a scopolamine patch wouldn't fix. But it became clear to the Ruferalhuin woman that this ship was not designed to make the full trip to Roon, and that they would have to offload and transfer to another ship more capable. Those arrangements had already been made, but no mention of that had been in the ad she and Mit had accepted from the job board. Shae had half a mind to call up their temporary employer to demand a bonus for overseeing a transfer, but either way that ended, her principles demanded that the cargo be afforded her full attention. A busy dock on a planet like Nar Shadda was a great place to lose some cargo to the hands of anyone opportunistic enough to make a grab for it.

Shae oversaw the unloading while Mit checked out this other ship. Everything seemed on the up and up, so the medical supplies were loaded onto several gravsled. "Dock 17," she informed the dock workers as she took a seat atop one of the crates to catch a ride to their next destination. From her perch, her eyes were darting about and her ears were in constant motion, looking and listening for anything that might be suspicious...

[member="Malcom Renolds"] | [member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Mit Tuxaire"]

She didn't question what her master did, Kenna just followed orders as of right now. If she wished to keep the collar off, a bed to sleep in and him treating her like a human being it was best not to question. In the future perhaps when she got to know him more but for right now it was best to just support him. I have two guest rooms ready and waiting for them along with some snacks. I rearranged a few things in the cargo hold to make space. Once they arrive I'll help them load it up." Kenna prided herself on being on top of her game. She wanted her guests to feel welcomed here.

The only thing that worried Kenna was how these guards would behave themselves. She knew that her master could take care of himself but she had no way to care for herself. The young woman didn't know how to use any weapons but if push came to show she believed her master would keep her safe. He after all had spent a lot of money on her. It would be fine though, Kenna wasn't really that worried.

[member="Mit Tuxaire"] [member="Shae Kalin"] [member="Malcom Renolds"]

The doors to the docking bay opened and in rolled the gravsleds loaded with medical supplies, the pale haired fox woman perched daintily atop one of the stacks. Her eyes immediately fell on the individuals standing outside the loading ramp of the ship, watching them with a predator's gaze as she drew closer. When the gravsled came to a stop, she slid off gracefully and approached the two.

"Captain Renolds, I presume?" Shae said, addressing the tall man. "Shae Kalin, and Mit Tuxaire..." she continued in introduction with a gesture to her companion, "and the medical supplies bound for Roon."

[member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Malcom Renolds"] | [member="Mit Tuxaire"]

"Fantastic. Thank you, Kenna. Good work as always!" He favored her with a smile, not readily shared with to many others. Though it could be said that was because he tended to not interact with to many others if he didn't have too. But still, the compliment was honestly meant.

It wasn't too much longer before the pair of guards approached with the goods to be delivered. One of them, by far the prettier of the two (ooc: No offense Mit! :D ) was perched on top of some of the crates as though she was perched atop a carriage for a parade. He smirked at her confidence, but kept an eye on their movements. He wasn't accustomed to having people on his boat that he hadn't hired himself....or bought as it were. But a paying job was credits in his pocket.

As the woman sauntered off the meds and made the introductions, Malcom gave a quick nodd of his head as affirmation of her question. "Howdy." He said flatly as he looked suspiciously at the stacks of meds. Something felt off somehow. But with nothing happening so far, he couldn't put his finger on what it was. He nodded with his head toward his slave. "This is Kenna. She'll show you to your bunks once you guys get this stuff loaded up and tied down. I'll go get us prepped for dust off. See you in a few."

And with that, he turned on his heels and headed up the ramp toward the cockpit.

[member="Shae Kalin"] | [member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Mit Tuxaire"]

lordmitmar

Having to make another stop was something Mit hadn't planned for. Nor something that had been agreed upon. He would have to talk with the contractor about this. Never mind that though, after some mumblings about the state of this ship he had started to climb down from his own perch, a clumsy misstep sent him sliding down the stack of supplies. A stream of vulgarities were spewd as he went tumbling off the gravsled. This was already going perfectly. How much more could go wrong during this job? "Dammit. That was your fault Shae." He cried before jumping to his feet, gathering the loose boxes that had fallen, flinging them over his shoulder and hauling them up the ramp.

(ooc: Much taken *cries*)

[member="Malcom Renolds"] | [member="Shae Kalin"] | [member="Kenna Raine"]

"Yes yes, all my fault," Shae said with a roll of her eyes as she grabbed a crate and hauled it up the ramp. The dock workers followed with more cargo and made short work of the freight. Soon everything was loaded and tied down. Shae double checked all the cargo and rigging, then grabbed her duffel and sought out Kenna.

"Miss Kenna? I believe we're ready to depart," Shae said as the dock workers cleared out of the way.

[member="Mit Tuxaire"] | [member="Malcom Renolds"] | [member="Kenna Raine"]

Kenna nodded and motioned for them follow her up the ramp. Please follow me," she smiled leading them up the ramp and to where their quarters were. The rooms were plain in nature but very clean. Kenna had made sure of this before they arrived. "These are the guest rooms. I have left out a few snacks in the common room. Is there anything I can get you before we depart?" While she was waiting an answer she pressed a button on her communicator to speak with Malcom up front. The cargo is secure we are ready for take off Mr. Renolds." She stated as she waited to see if the guests needed anything.

She felt Mister was a fine way to address him. The last thing she wanted was for the guests to know she was a slave. Kenna felt as if she was much more of an assistant than anything else. The young woman was loyal to him so he had nothing to worry about in that way.

[member="Shae Kalin"] [member="Mit Tuxaire"] [member="Malcom Renolds"]

When a person gets to be a certain age, they've seen enough to notice things that others might disregard, one of which that Shae noticed was the subtle submissive posture and tone of the young woman Kenna. Even without the collar, Shae could tell this woman had been a slave up until recently. Or perhaps she was still a slave and her master had seen fit to remove the collar? Either way, this development was recent enough that Kenna had not been able to move past typical supplicant slave behavior.

"Thank you, Miss Kenna, and I do not require anything at this time," Shae said with a warm smile. Slave or not, Kenna was a person and deserved respect, same as anyone else in the galaxy. "Would your Captain be opposed to us joining him on the bridge to watch take off?" she asked as she set her duffle on one of the guest bunks.

[member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Malcom Renolds"] |[member="Mit Tuxaire"]

"Copy that." Malcom replied quickly, as his fingers flew across the console engaging required systems. He had been watching their movements through the ships security feed, and soon paused what he was doing to send them a message now that the guards had been shown their bunks.

"To: [member="Shae Kalin"] | [member="Mit Tuxaire"]

Again, welcome aboard. Just a couple rules while on my ship.

1. Weapons are to be left in your bunk rooms with your other personal effect at all times. The only exception to this rule is if we get attacked and you are needed to help defend.
2. Feel free to roam around. The areas off limits while in transit however, are the engine room, the bridge, and the cargo hold. Security reasons. I'm sure you understand.
3. Meals will be served promptly at 0800, 1200, and 1800 hours.

I hope you enjoy the ride. May it be as uneventful as possible.
Malcom Renolds"

(OOC:With this said, you can still ask him. Just not sure what answer you will get.)

He wasn't a man given to trusting very much. As Kenna would be able to tell anyone, it would take a long time to fully earn his trust. Though, Malcom tried to be as friendly and respectful as he could within the constraints of his naturally suspicious nature to all people NOT his targets.

The engines of the ship roared to life, but they didn't simply lift off. He still had to run through preflight procedures, so idly the ship sat there while he tested the engines and other systems to make sure all functions were still running smoothly before taking off. While it was highly likely there was nothing wrong, if there was no urgent need to get out of a place quickly, he liked to baby his equipment and ship. Helped them last forever.

[member="Kenna Raine"]

Oh, well that would not do at all! And if he wasn't going to bother to tell them in person, then Shae wasn't going to bother to object in person. She found the nearest security camera, moved her quiver from her shoulder to belt it around her waist, checked that her bow was good to go, then she waved at the camera and proceeded straight to the Bridge.

[member="Malcom Renolds"] | [member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Mit Tuxaire"]

Malcom rolled his eyes when he noticed the one guard was doing exactly the opposite of the rules that he had just sent her. Was there a point to this? These were fairly standard rules on many ships. Some even had stricter rules such as keeping weapons locked away. Quickly putting the ship in auto pilot mode as they took standard escape velocity vectors, Malcom got up from his chair and disappeared.

As the door to the bridge opened up, [member="Shae Kalin"] would see nothing there. Just a seemingly empty room with the only movement being the stick for controling the ship, which the autopilot was taking care of at the moment...

[member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Mit Tuxaire"]

Shae entered the bridge and saw it empty. Strange. And yet it brought a small smile to her face. She approached the pilot's seat and hung her bow on the back of the chair, then took a seat. She wouldn't dare mess with any of the controls, she was no pilot and didn't want to risk messing with any of the automated systems, but she was content to gaze out the window to watch the stars. This was the part she loved about space travel, just watching the stars. So few people took the time to truly appreciate the gravity of the situation; they were all just... objects floating around in space.

"If you want to get the upper hand, you're going to have to do better than a bit of stealth technology, Captain," Shae said rather spontaneously after a while. She knew he was there. Where precisely was a little fuzzy, but she knew for certain that she was not alone in this room. "And if you wish to set boundaries for your ship, you can certainly do better than a message on a datapad."

[member="Malcom Renolds"]

Shae would suddenly feel the tip of a blaster pushing to the back of her head, a sudden humming power up noise to let her know it wasn't a joke. "How's this?" He nudged her head just a bit to indicate she was not welcome to sit in his chair. "I was busy darlin'. And I'm guessing you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling. So allow me to teach you how things work here. My boat, my rules. You don't like them, the airlock is right that way."

While he could definitely appreciate her gumption, he didn't appreciate her blatantly disobeying his rules just because. This was not how one made friends, especially with the strict mando.

"Oh please, Captain, do you really think this is the first time I've ever had a weapon aimed at my head," Shae said as she rose gracefully from his chair and faced him. She even unbelted her quiver and set it in the chair. And yet she still had an air of confidence that indicated that she was far from defenseless, even with his blaster in her face. If he expected her to disarm completely, then he was in for a disappointment. "If you truly intend to shoot me, I should warn you that I am a fire starter, and I can ensure that you do not survive the decision to kill me. Which would be a terrible waste because this is such a lovely ship," she said softly with a strange smile, the sort of smile that held secrets. With any luck, they would both be civilized about this.

Kenna was just about to answer Shae when she went storming off to the bridge. Sighing she went to check on their other guest to ensure that he was doing well. Once she was fairly confident that he was in need of nothing Kenna scurried off to the bridge. The young woman knew how he could get when someone challenged him. One her way there she grabbed some cookies off the table.

Sighing she shook her head as she saw him with his gun to her head. Things had escalated quite quickly. Hopefully she would be able to talk them all down. "Cookies?" She smiled taking a few steps towards him.

Talking back to her master was something that she wouldn't do plus it didn't work. It was best to work with him from what she had found but than again Kenna lived with him. This woman didn't.

[member="Shae Kalin"] [member="Malcom Renolds"] [member="Mit Tuxaire"]

Shae smiled at the young woman, still completely unfazed by the blaster pointed at her head. And she could sense his intent, he was full prepared and willing to blow her brains all over the cabin, at least until Kenna arrived... Shae was no idiot, she knew when it was time to cut her losses, tuck her tail and run. Metaphorically speaking of course, she had no intentions of either tucking her tail or running!

"How thoughtful of you, thank you Miss Kenna," Shae said sweetly, taking a cookie off the plate. She stuck it in her mouth and reached for her weapons, draping both bow and quiver over her shoulder. With a swish of her tail, she walked away, nibbling on her cookie as she proceeded to return to her bunk to stow her weapons, as per the Captain's wishes.

[member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Malcom Renolds"] | [member="Mit Tuxaire"]

Malcom was grateful for the helmet. It masked the smirk he had on his face as she continued to so casually speak and even take a cookie before exiting the bridge. As a Mando, he could appreciate her bravery. But people follow the rules on his ship or they can get the kriff off. Even with her casual response, he could tell he had impresses the point.

Holstering his pistol, he removed his helmet. Letting out a deep sigh, Malcom shook his held while also taking a cookie. "Some people, Kenna. I swear." He took a look around the bridge to see if anything had been left by the intruder. "I'll say this much. She was right about one thing."

Giving Kenna a sideard glance from his kneeling position under the console, he smirked and said,"It is a pretty ship. You do a nice job in keeping her maintained.". Turning away as he stood up casually looking for any sign of subterfuge, he sort of mumbled to himself. "Would of been a shame to spray her head all over the nice clean consoles."

Satisfied, nothing malicious was actually done, he headed out of the bridge with Kenna. "And thank you for the help." Giving her a wink, Malcom secured the bridge door and headed to his bunk, helmet under his arm and happily munching on his own cookie. Hopefully that would be the end of the excitement for this particular trip.

Smiling she nodded as [member="Shae Kalin"] took a cookie before scampering off. She had a feeling that her arrival with a plate of cookies would break up the tension and she was glad to be right. It would be, blood is awful hard to clean up and it can stain some things." She stated curiously watching him as he looked everything over. The young woman by now knew how particular he was about his things. Kenna worked to ensure it was just so for him and in return he took care of her. They really worked well together as a team. She was content on being in his service.

"Your welcome," she smiled back at him happy to see him mood had changed. Kenna had to think her presence and the cookies were calming to him. He trusted her on this ship and with his things more than anyone else. She had earned that hard to come by trust and it was something that she never would break. Kenna would always have his back no matter what.

As he left she headed back to the kitchen and set the cookies back down before going off to check on the their guests. She didn't want any more incidents on this trip.

Her interaction with the Captain was enlightening, she had learned a great deal, so Shae headed down to the bunks to share what she'd learned with Mit, stopping by her own bunk to drop off her weapons. She entered Mit's room without knocking and took a seat on the bed, unafraid to make herself comfortable around her new friend.

But it was then that she noticed he was not in his room. Her ears drooped as she looked around. His stuff wasn't here, none of his weapons... She picked herself up and checked around to see if there was any sign of what had happened to him, but nothing. his scent was in the room, he had been here, but the scent was faint, he hadn't been here in a while...

On a hunch, Shae checked her datapad to see if maybe he had sent her a message and she'd missed it. She had; at the same time she'd received the message from the Captain and gone off to challenge his authority, Mit had received an urgent message as well, one that demanded his immediate attention, and he left her a message in return saying that he would catch up with her later. So he had left just before they departed. Well that sucked. Not that it would mean anything in regards to the job, she could see the medical supplies safely to Roon without a problem, but she was going to miss Mit's company. It was a long flight and she didn't think she would have much to talk about with either the Captain or his lovely assistant.

With a sigh, Shae removed herself from what should have been Mit's room and found herself wandering down to the cargo bay. She knew the rules, she shouldn't be down here, but she liked the sense of space in the room and the way the sound bounced off all the walls and the cargo crates. She wasn't trying to challenge the Captain's authority again, she just liked space to think, so she took a seat on a cargo crate and leaned back against a wall to close her eyes and think...

[member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Malcom Renolds"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom