Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You sure these are the meds we were looking for?

Once the cookies were back on the counter Kenna left to go check on their guests. The last thing she wanted was any more trouble or blood on the beautifully cleaned ship. The slave always took pride in what she did which included the way that she took care of the ship.

She sighed with a frown as she saw that one room was completely empty of all things while the other had items but no person. Kenna had a bad feeling that she was not where she ought to be.

It wasn't the slave's right nor did she feel comfortable telling the guests what the rules were. They were of course above her in position, everyone was. Sighing Kenna brushed a strand of hair out of her face as she headed towards the cargo hold.

"The Captain wouldn't want you back here." She stated as she saw the woman sitting with the cargo. "Why don't you come up front with me? I have a few games we could play." She lightly smiled leaning her back against the wall. While Kenna couldn't make her accompany her she would certainly try. He would want her to.

[member="Malcom Renolds"] | [member="Shae Kalin"]

"Trying to keep me out of trouble?" Shae said with a lopsided grin, but it was half-hearted. Shae really was lonely and it saddened her that Mit was not here. It had been a long time since someone had wanted to stick with her as Mit had insisted he wanted to, and his sudden departure stung a bit. And she was worried; what had been so important that he had to leave like that? So Kenna' offer for a distraction was a welcomed one. With a sigh, Shae pulled herself from the cargo crates, her long bushy tail swishing behind her.

"Not sure I'm up for games, but I certainly would not mind some idle chatter," Shae said as she allowed Kenna to lead her out of the cargo bay. "Oh, and I do not know if Mit informed you of his departure, but he left just before we took off from Nar Shadda. He received a message and there was something very important he had to deal with," Shae informed Kenna. No doubt she would want to inform the Captain so he would know they were a down a pair of hands in case they ran into trouble, but Shae was still confident that she could handle whatever might find them.

[member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Malcom Renolds"]

While the two talked, the ship shot away into hyperspace toward it's destination. So far so good. Whether it would stay that way of course was a different matter altogether. Still, it seemed there was one less guard on his ship. So that would at least make his ability to control unruly people easier.

A frown came to his face when he saw Shae in the cargo room. He was about to lose his temper when he saw Kenna walk in there and talk her on out. He let out a deep sigh and set his datapad down. "Thank god for her. Best purchase ever..." He mused to himself as he went about taking care of his hound dog Urz. At least he didn't have to worry about the guard breaking into his room while he slept. If she did that, Urz would make sure that was the last mistake she'd make.

Malcom would eventually go back out to meet up with the others, but for now, he was enjoying some quiet time.

[member="Shae Kalin"] |[member="Kenna Raine"]

Kenna nodded half smiling. One of her unwritten duties was keeping the Captain happy and she knew that Shae violating his rules would only blow his top. It was better for all that he stay cool, calm and collect. She probably knew Malcolm better than most and knew she was among the few he trusted. She prided herself on such things.

Idle chatter? Kenna didn't know the first thing about anything like that. What was she supposed to talk about? She couldn't talk about her life, she was embarrassed about most of it. It would only make anyone uncomfortable so it was best that she didn't. Kenna was happy to listen to her chatter away though and perhaps she would be able to chime in from time to time. Ease into the whole girl talk type thing.

"I didn't know he left, I'll have to inform the Captain later. I hope that everything is alright and he's not in any trouble." She stated as they walked to the shared living space. "Sure, idle chatter. Umm, what do you want to talk about? Tell me a little more about yourself.." She liked smiled. It seemed like a good place as any to start.

Talk about herself? Oh, how terribly boring! And with such a long life, where would she even begin? "Surely you don't want to hear about me," Shae replied. "I think I'd like to know a bit more about your charming Captain. Or maybe I'll just settle for your cookie recipe," she continued with a teasing grin. She was interested in learning more about Captain Renolds, but she also knew that Kenna wasn't likely to talk about him without giving too much away if she was in any way loyal. So if all Shae got out of this conversation was a killer cookie recipe, she could live with that, it was a really good cookie!

As they made their way to the common room, Shae found a seat, then with a swish of her bushy tail she settled herself primly in the chair as though it were some sort of luxurious settee, and though there was nothing luxurious about starship seating, that still didn't stop her from making herself comfortable. "Miss Kenna, do you happen to have any tea?" she asked curiously, not that she was expecting any; Malcom Renolds struck her as a coffee sort of person. "If you don't have any, then may I have some water?"

[member="Kenna Raine"]

Her cheeks began to warm slightly as she was asked about the Captain. It certainly wasn't her place to speak about her owner or captain to others. That type of thing she would keep to herself and her diary. It was all good things though of course she really liked him not only as an owner but as a person. She couldn't understand why he would want a slave, he was far too good of a guy for it.

"How about my cookie making tips in that case?" She could totally understand her not wanting to bring up her past or talk about herself. Kenna certainly didn't wish to speak about herself. Cookies and her cooking was a suitable subject for her and something she enjoyed. "I'm glad you like them. It's an old family recipe passed down many generations. My mother showed my older sister and I how to make them when we were little. It kinda stuck with me over the years." If things hadn't gone south the year after Kenna would have passed it down herself. It wasn't something she could or would totally give away but tips worked.

As Shae sat down Kenna was about to when she was asked about some tea. "Sure, what type of tea would you like? I have black, green, white." She didn't drink much tea herself but that didn't mean she didn't have any for guests or Malcolm if he wished to have some.

"Green would be lovely, thank you," Shae replied with a gentle smile, graciously accepting the steaming cup of tea once Kenna returned with it. "My mother couldn't cook to save her life. She relied on the autochef on her ship to make our meals. My father could cook meat like no one else, but not much else beyond that. I've learned a thing or two about cooking over the years, but I've never made anything like cookies," she shared of herself, then gingerly sipped at her tea, humming appreciatively of the taste .

"You are very loyal to your Master," Shae remarked quite suddenly after a moment, watching Kenna with a scrutinizing gaze to see how she would react to such a statement.

Nodding Kenna left to go make the two some tea. It wasn't long, maybe five minutes, before she came back out with two cups of green tea for them. Handing Shae her cup Kenna took a seat herself just holding the cup out in front of her for now. It needed some time to cool before she would take a sip. Kenna had made the mistake before and burnt her tongue.

"I come from a family of farmers so we all knew how to cook even my dad. My mom did most of the cooking though. " She smiled slightly as she took a sip of her tea. Kenna didn't talk about her family much but than again nobody had ever really asked before where she came from. Kenna did her duties and that was that normally. Malcolm she felt cared and would probably be interested in her stories. Kenna could remember running around the farm with her siblings laughing and playing most of the day. She missed them even now after all these years. Sighing she looked down to the tea for a moment as she looked back to Shae.

The next statement caught Kenna off guard so much that she almost dumped the tea onto her lap. She hadn't told anybody that she was a slave and from what she knew neither had her master. Had she picked it up from the way Kenna acted? "I'm loyal to the Captain. I have no reason not to be. He is good to me, takes care of me. I don't know how to fight so I do what I can. We are a team." There was no way she would admit to the slave thing even if she was one. Shae may though pick up on her tone though being a little defensive. She didn't want Shae thinking ill of Malcolm for owning her.

"You miss your family, don't you?" Shae replied warmly, having noticed the look of longing in Kenna's features as she talked about her family. "I miss my family too. It's always good to remember where we come from, it helps keep us grounded. And it's okay to miss them. When I think of my family, I like to imagine that maybe their spirits are out there somewhere watching over me and that they know how much I love them and miss them," she continued, hoping it would give Kenna some comfort if she were to try thinking the same.

When Kenna startled with her comment about being loyal to her Master, Shae chuckled softly. "You two do seem to be quite the pair. It's charming, really," Shae said in a soothing, soft tone. "And there's no need to be so defensive, love, I admire that loyalty. It is clear that there is a bond between you two, and I for one have no intention of messing with that, I was merely remarking upon it, that's all."

[member="Kenna Raine"]

"I do miss my family and the farm. I hold the memories that I do have close to me." It was silly, but as a little girl Kenna always thought that she would end up owning a farm of her own one day. She did the best now with what had been placed in front of her but couldn't help but wonder whatever happened to her siblings. They had been split up and after that she didn't know. "That's a nice way of thinking of it. There sprits are watching over us." She lightly smiled taking a sip of her tea. Kenna hoped they were proud of the way she handled the twists, turns and struggles in her life. She liked to think they did.

The young woman's cheeks turn a slight red as she mentioned the bond between her and Malcolm. There was something there unlike anything she felt with previous owners. Kenna could never tell him that she did like him though and even if she did what would become of it? She couldn't have the relationship she wanted so she had simply put it out of her mind. The young woman could be content with simply being his assistant. "Thank you, it's nice to have a boss whom I connect with and trusts me. I know his rules seem a bit much but he does mean the best."

Finishing off the tea Kenna set it down on the table. "Are you a smuggler and bounty hunter like the Captain?" Kenna was trying to get the conversation off her family and him and onto something else.

"I know I may seem defiant to his rules, but in truth I have no quarrel with his rules, merely the way he relayed them," Shae explained, knowing that the issue would come up. "He should have laid out the rules when we met at port; sending a message later as an afterthought was sloppy, and that is why I went to the bridge to confront him." Though even she could admit she should have left her bow in her quarters for that 'discussion'. "I prefer to remain armed, but I know different ships have different rules and I can abide by his rules."

Shae took a moment to enjoy her tea as she pondered Kenna's question about her profession. It was a question that had many answers, and not many of them were all that simple. "I am many things, have been many things, and Smuggler and Bounty Hunter have been among those professions. Recently though, I have just been wandering, doing what I must to get by. I took this job merely as a means of getting from one place to another, and to kill some time."

[member="Kenna Raine"]

She could understand it was just something she wouldn't do. Kenna though had been brought up to be submissive to others and not talk back. Shae she had no doubt was brought up differently and in her job had to be vocal in order not to just be pushed around.

"You don't know us, it's only natural to want to be able to protect yourself. It's a small comfort on foreign ship." Kenna on the other hand hand nothing of her own. Everything had been given to her by Malcolm. All her little trinkets had been sold by her last master.

She sounded a lot like her master. A smuggler and bounty hunter but she knew he enjoyed it. Kenna couldn't help but wonder if Shae liked it as well or perhaps she was thrown into this. "What will you do after we drop off the shipment or do you not know?" She was only curious of course and Shae didn't have to answer.

The young woman felt secure in her position with Malcolm. She knew her duties and felt that he didn't have any plans of selling her. They did seem to have a sort of bond.

"Well think about it, love, my job is to protect the cargo, and I cannot do that if we're boarded and my bow is in my quarters. Although, in the event we are attacked and it's apparent we're being boarded, I should have ample time to go get my gear, but that still takes time away from other things I could be doing, like ensuring you are out of harm's way or conversing with the Captain as to our options," Shae explained to the young woman. "And the manner in which the Captain dealt with the confrontation on the bridge, it made it very clear to me that he hasn't been in charge of his own operation for long. Not that it's anything I cannot deal with, but it showed his hand. If I were the kind of person wanting to take advantage of that, it could mean very bad things for him."

Shae paused to sip at her tea, then reached across the table for another one of those wonderful cookies Kenna had made. Truly, she was a talented cook, this young woman! She gave Kenna's question some serious thought. She hadn't given much thought to what she would do afterwards, she rarely ever did. Her path in life had tendency to be very fluid, she moved from opportunity to opportunity as they arose, she rarely ever planned very far ahead. "Well, I don't really have any plans after this delivery. I'll see the goods to their destination, then try to contact my companion Mit, but other than that I have no plans. I'll probably pick up another random job, just something to take me somewhere else..." Although as she spoke, it had ignited a need in her for a real home. She had been wandering for so long, she was starting to feel that maybe it was time to settle down and take root somewhere?

Kourin was now in quite the situation. It turns out inside the landing gear compartment was more then a bit cramped. If he were to much larger, well, this would have been a one way ride across the styx. Squirming himself around in the tight spot, fitting quite well to the nick name 'rat', he found an access pane, and slowly started opening it. The pain he felt from his light would on his right shoulder rubbing against the insides of the area did -not- help. He could just fit as it opened, tightening himself down and squeezing slowly on out. After a few minutes, an access port in the cargo bay started to move, before getting opened, and Kourin pulled himself out with a surprising amount of speed, gasping for air.

What appeared to be a 'street rat' of a teenager pulled himself out. In a vest with a T-shirt, and baggy cargo pants. And, if the camera caught it, a hold out pistol at his back. Notably however on his right shoulder there was a blaster graze.

"Thank kark... That is never fun." He murmured, putting the panel back and looking around. "Right... Cargo bay... Here's hoping they don't have c-" As Kourin spoke and looked around he saw a well, camera. "...Well... Spast." He thought about it. What is best to do exactly after you show up on a persons's ship, who is probably armed considering they came to Nar Shadda. His first idea was slice the doors closed and explain himself while inside the cargo bay, but one problem with that... There wasn't a single door terminal in sight. Naturally they had to be on the entrance of the cargo bay. Not inside. And he knew he was certain he was spotted so messing with the camera's was useless. Not that he could with no terminal. This was a literal terminal case of not having any terminals. Pray the infection does not spread further.

But this was by far not the time for mental puns! So taking the safest bet, he took out the hold out blaster, tossed it off to the side, and sat down. "If you can hear me, mind coming down here and letting me explain myself before shooting me?" He called out in the cargo bay, setting his hands on his head and waiting. He did -not- like the idea of leaving his fate in random peoples hands, especially on this moon. But he was not a good fighter, and had no idea how to fly a ship. So that would only end very badly for him attempting to fight. So he bet on his luck. Would it pay off? He had no idea.

[member="Shae Kalin"] [member="Kenna Raine"] [member="Malcom Renolds"]

While Malcom was tending to things in his room, his datapad blared out an alarm. "What the kriff is wrong now?" He growled as he picked up the device. An astonished look appeared on the mandos face as he saw some kid crawling out of a panel in the cargo bay. "You have got to be kidding me. Now I got stowaways!?" Malcom quickly grabbed his helmet and weapon, exiting from his room and heading to the cargo bay. He stopped in at Shae's room to find her and Kenna still talking.

"Grab your gear and meet me at the cargo bay Shae. Looks like we got company in there with your meds! Kenna, get to the bridge and secure the door." Not willing to waste another second explaining, he ran off to the cargo bay door. He knew Kenna would obey without question. At least, that was what he had seen from her so far. Shae on the other hand....god only knew. She might just stay they and take a nap to spite him. Pulling up his datapad again, he checked the camera and found the kid had tossed away a weapon of sorts and was holding his hands in the air.

Now see at least he knows how to try and make friends....or he just realized he was on camera and busted anyway. It was a toss up. Securing his helmet on snugly, he then raised his heavy sniper rifle toward the door. Once Shae arrived, he'd open the door.

As the door hissed open, Malcom, taking point, advanced on the youngster. "Get completely on the ground NOW!"

[member="Kourin the Rat"] | [member="Shae Kalin"] | [member="Kenna Raine"]

Just moments before Malcom came by to tell her that there was a stowaway, her ears had perked up, twitching to the sound of something going on in the ship. Being unfamiliar with the ship and how sound bounced around in here, she couldn't tell it had been the cargo bay, but she had definitely known something was going on before Malcom alerted her. Without any hesitation, she grabbed her bow and quiver and followed him down to the cargo bay.

As the door opened, she drew an arrow and leveled her bow at the stowaway as Malcom advanced on him. This was Malcom's ship, she would let him make the first moves, but she would cover him, whatever action he decided to take.

[member="Malcom Renolds"] [member="Kourin the Rat"] [member="Kenna Raine"]

Kourin heard the sound of boots resounding through the ship. Not unlike the sound that such boots made in a house he thought, a sound he knew fairly well. Twice over in fact, the similarity making him shiver and his spine want to jump out of his back. As for what they found when they came inside, well... It was a sight to give on pause that was for sure.

He was clearly older then appeared on camera. The rough'n'tough nature of his face and looks showed that much clear. If he was young, he had been through a lot. As for his face, it was prtially obscured by messy black hair, but a distinct scar across the nose was visible. A blaster mark was clear on his right shoulder, though only a graze. Both of his hands were behind his head, with interlocking fingers. His grey eyes looked at the captain, reasonably calm despite the gun pointed at him, though clearly nervous by his shifting and squirming of his lower body. An amusing contrast really, showing the struggle to keep calm.

"On the ground more?" His voice had an odd adult yet not kind of tone to it, the kind of person you could forever call 'Kid'. Lightheartedly serious, yet still clearly nervous. "Alright... And i suppose you didn't hear what i said." He grumbled, just barley audible as he laid down on his back. He noted the woman behind him with the bow, a curious choice of weapon, though he didn't comment.

"I imagine this is where i start talking?" Kourin asked in a bit of a nervous tone. Many things were his forte, but this was a new situation. Usually he would be running right about the time he knew he was spotted. Also, if they looked off to his right, there was a holdout blaster he had thrown away earlier. It was however very far from his reach.

[member="Shae Kalin"] [member="Malcom Renolds"] [member="Kenna Raine"]

Kenna didn't know what was in the cargo hold and it really wasn't her place to go and ask. Malcolm had given her an order and that was what she was going to go do. Going with them would only cause trouble and that was the last thing that Kenna wanted or needed. It seemed there was an intruder and she would probably only get herself in trouble by going over there.

Getting up she quickly walked to the bridge to secure the doors and make sure everything was locked. As she did so Kenna had managed to grab a bottle of cleaner. It wasn't much but if someone got in here she would need a way to protect herself. A spray bottle full of cleaning chemicals wasn't much in the ways of protection however it was better than nothing. If there was one intruder there could be more and she was ready for them!

The young slave didn't have any actual fighting abilities to speak of but she was armed and dangerous. Well, at least that was what she wanted anyone whom wandered onto the bridge to think. Malcolm needed her to hold down the fort.

[member="Shae Kalin"] [member="Kourin the Rat"] [member="Shae Kalin"] [member="Malcom Renolds"]

Taking the initiative, Shae lowered her bow and moved to restrain the boy while Malcom kept his weapon trained on him. But as soon as she knelt to handle him, her eyes were drawn to his shoulder. She could smell an open wound and the beginnings of infection. She patted the boy down to check him for anymore weapons, finding a datapad, some slicing tools, and a handful of credits. She tossed the items aside, but instead of restraining him, she then pulled him upright to a sitting position to get a better look at his wound.

"He is unarmed, Captain, but he's got a blaster burn," Shae said as she started to carefully peel away the boy's clothes to expose the shoulder. It was bleeding, not terribly, but certainly enough to arouse Shae's hunger. But she wouldn't dare eat a helpless child and instead focused on trying to help him. "This looks bad. Does this ship have anything that passes as an infirmary?" Shae asked, looking up at Malcom with concern in her eyes.

[member="Kourin the Rat"] [member="Malcom Renolds"] [member="Kenna Raine"]

Malcom was about to ask if Shae could perform a quick search, when she stepped up first and simply took care of it without being asked. "Huh. Perhaps she wasn't all that bad after all." He thought to himself. He didn't bother to respond to the boys comments just yet. Was only curious at first as to weapons and his condition. When that report was made, he gave a nod to Shae. "Aye. The infirmary is just down the hall. You won't be doin' kidney transplants any time soon, but we can patch that up easily enough."

Moving a little closer to the intruder, but still out of range for him to grab at Malcom's rifle he asked, "But first. Start talkin'! What the kriff are you doing on my boat!?" His tone was quite clearly agitated. All Malcom wanted was simple. Just some easy money for once. Instead, he got a himself a boat load of terribly strange folk causin' a huge fuss. This boy better have some good answers.

[member="Shae Kalin"] | [member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Kourin the Rat"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom