Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Break it, You Buy it

The slave blushed furiously, the red clashing horribly with the deep mocha color of her skin. She clenched the datapad nervously. She was going to be awful. He'd think her an idiot! He would probably take her right back to her former master and demand a refund! Then she'd be beaten and sent to work the mines for sure. She'd be dead by months end!

"T-to whom it m-may conc-ern," she began slowly, "I have s-s-seen your work and would like to reque...."

She paused, trembling. Oh no. She didn't know this one! How was she supposed to ask for help? She couldn't! It was a slaves place to obey and serve, not to ask for assistance! This went against everything she knew!

[member="Azriel Zadimus"]

Azriel found how nervous and panicking she was, was a little cute but he simply glanced over to her and smiled a little. "That word your looking for is request." He then said helpfully and began to continue read the document in his own hand, listening to her with one ear and the way he read it was more than enough. With a slight sip he read over his document and smirked a little as it was a request for funds to build a large farm area to supply the town with vegetables but as he read through it he saw it was an obvious way to funnel money from him into something else, the question he had to figure out was what.

[member="Lenne Fayth"]

The Zabrak read aloud slowly and carefully, needing to stop for assistance more often than she would have liked. But it was a good learning experience for her. She learned words that she didn't even know in basic. But it did make her feel awfully stupid. When she'd stumbled through it, she kept her head bowed with shame.

"M-may I pour you more tea, Master?" she asked meekly.

"You don't have to Lenne but if you want to you can. Your reading is going fine as well, It takes a child up to two or three years to get were you've gotten in a few minutes and besides you'll have to contend with hard words when you become my secretary as well." He could see this was a bit like torture for her and a part of him couldn't help but enjoy it quite a bit but he wouldn't let her quite either.

[member="Lenne Fayth"]

With a face stained scarlet, the slave took her masters cup and once more filled it with the still warm tea she had prepared.

"It is kind of you to say so Master," she replied slowly in her thick accent as she passed him back his tea, "It was not a skill most female slaves were expected to have, you see. I am happy to learn it."

Most of the female slaves she'd worked with were needed for generally only a handful of skills. Not all of which she was very proud of...

Azriel moved one hand to gently grip her chin as he looked into her eyes while he smiled a little to her. "Well my dear if you are happy to learn then that is all that matters doesn't it?" He said as he then let go of her chin and moved his hand back to the datapad. "I wouldn't mind to see you more relaxed after all this is your new home after all and if you can't relax in were you live then I'm afraid you never will." He then said with a playfully teasing tone towards her.

[member="Lenne Fayth"]

He grabbed her chin and she flinched visibly. What was next? When was he going to beat her? And worse? But then he let go. She blinked, constantly surprised by her master.

"It is not this house that makes me nervous, master, " she admitted with a great deal of reluctance, "I... I am waiting to see when you'll..."

He made her shrink away somewhat, hands shaking as she tried to pick up the tray to take it away.

"I-I... I'm waiting to see when you hurt me..." but she realized immediately how insulting that was. She bit her lip, feeling the scars on her back burn. She wasn't supposed to talk back. Wasn't supposed to imply anything. She was just supposed to be pretty, do what she was told, not think, not have any unique thought. Don't think ahead. It wasn't her place.

"F-forgive me," she added quickly, dipping into a shallow bow, "I should fetch you more tea..."

His left eyebrow raised up a bit when she spoke and once she was done it was like he suddenly disappeared from his chair and in two seconds he was in front of her. His expression was cold, icy even, as he moved his hand up to her neck and gripped it tightly but not enough to fully cut of her air. "Is that so? You expect me to hurt you." His tone echoed his expression to a T, his other hand moved the tray and placed it on the table to the side.
He advanced slowly on her and pushed her against the table, his mouth opening slightly revealing the fangs within it as he gripped just a tiny bit tighter.

[member="Lenne Fayth"]

No. No!

This was where it ended. She'd said too much. She'd angered him. His hand closed around her throat, pushing her against the table. His fangs. He was going to bite her again. But this time, he would drain her. Drink his fill and throw her away like an old wrapper. She closed her eyes, mocha colored fingers curling around his hands at her throat.

"Y-yes. I do. Please-" His hands were tightening. She did her best to hide the panic in her voice, "If- if you're going to kill me, make it quick, please. But then, I won't be able t-to make you more tea."

Azriel locked eyes with [member="Lenne Fayth"]'s eyes and his grip didn't change for a few long moments of silence, then he smirked a little. "Well in that case I guess I better keep you around and unharmed... at least by my hand." He then said and let go of her with a loud sigh as he combed his hair back with the other hand. "The lesson today is done, see to your duties but leave this room alone." He said with in a tired tone as he began to walk to the side of the table. "I wish for privacy for a while now." He then said as he moved to his seat once more and fell into it, bringing his hands up to his mouth while also intertwining his fingers, His eyes above his fingers were in a near deadly gaze.

He let go. The Zabrak pulled away, massaging her throat and coughing lightly. It didn't hurt. Not really. But it was a reminder that no matter how kind her master had been to her, he could kill her if he wanted to. Her life was literally in his hands.

She grabbed the tray, dipped into a quick bow and darted out the door, the scars on her back burning hotter than ever.

I stay alive by being useful, she reminded herself, Alright. I'll start with cleaning the hallways.

Once Lenne was out of the room he leaned into the seat and rubbed his forehead with one hand while the other rested on the arm rest. 'What was that supposed to prove anyway?' He thought to himself as he began to go over the events of the passed days in his head. His buying of her, a whim, a passing fancy or perhaps something to prove he could stay among other sentient beings for long periods of time and not eat them as he did. Whatever it was it exhausted his mind enough to bring himself to light slumber.

[member="Lenne Fayth"]

Lenne spent the better half of the day scrubbing the kitchen from top to bottom, then the hallways until they absolutely gleamed. She was kneeling on the dining room floor now as the sun starting to rise, signaling the start of a new day. She was exhausted, her hands were raw and bleeding. She wiped a bead of sweat from her forehead. It was worth it. After last night? She would not risk displeasing her Master again.

He gave me three requests, she reminded herself, I used one. I have two left.

That was small comfort. She scrubbed harder, ignoring the pain in her fingers.

When he woke he woke to the slight light of the sun creating a silhouette of his chair against the table and floor in front of him. With a slight exhaling sigh he stood and stretched his arms and felt the protesting pops of his joints as he began to move around. Going through a few exercises in Makashi moving through the motions with fluidity and grace, picking up speed as he became more comfortable with the form until he was as fast as he could be. Becoming a blurr to the naked eye as he continued and then stopped once he felt thirsty from the exertion.
He moved through the halls and had to admit to being impressed by how clean they were. Once he reached the dinning room he came upon [member="Lenne Fayth"] there, he noted her bleeding fingers by the smell as he came up silently behind her. 'So she worked through the night huh.' He thought as he moved to place a hand against her shoulder. "If you work yourself raw like this every time I believe it would have been a kindness to you to leave you to go to the mines instead." He said in a soft tone and calm manner.

His voice made the young zabrak jump, almost spilling the water bucket. Thankfully, she caught it before more than a few drops hit the perfectly spotless floor.

"M-Master! You are awake!"

She jumped to her feet, dusting her apron off and trying her best to adjust the rag she wore in her hair. She bowed low, the straightened up again as she suddenly remembered something.

"Oh! Breakfast! I prepared it last night. I just need to cook it the rest of the way. If you would like, I can bring it to you anywhere you wish. I'll squeeze some fresh juice for you as well..."

She felt so tired. It showed. She was jittery. But this was hardly the first time she'd stayed up all night cleaning. She would be fine the moment she got a bit of stimcaf in her system. And now he knew. He had not wasted a single credit chip on her. She would be the most useful slave he'd ever seen. She would show him.

Azriel only smiled as he leaned in and brought his power to bear against her mind. "You should go rest, you're exhausted." He said as he tried to see if a mind trick would work on her. She looked so tired he was getting tired just looking at her.

[member="Lenne Fayth"]

His voice did something... curious to her mind. She was starting to really consider it. Sleep. Maybe she should-

"No!"
Her voice was sharper than she'd intended it and she quickly smiled to cover it up. What was she thinking, speaking to the Master this way?

"I really am quite alright, Sir," she continued in her thick accent, "I will go make you breakfast now."

She bowed again, picked up her bucket and waited.
"Where shall I bring it?"

"In here will be fine." He said with a calm tone, hiding his disappointment over the fact that his mind trick hadn't worked. 'hmm stronger mind than I originaly though.' He thought as he moved to sit down at the dinner table. "Lenne make sure to eat something yourself." He then said to her before she'd leave the room. Once she was out of the room his lips turned up into a small smirk it would be interesting to practice some of his abilities on her as he usually didn't come into contact with such strong minds, her mind must be much stronger when she isn't tired was another thought he had about her.

[member="Lenne Fayth"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom