Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Break it, You Buy it

Her own room? This was... new to the girl. She'd always slept on a stone slab in the slaves barracks. There was even a bed in here! Lenne had only ever once slept in a bed. Her Master when she was fourteen, after he had raped her the first time, allowed her to recover in his bed. He probably thought he was being kind. Lenne had only slept for an hour. The rest of the time had been her laying awake, staring at the pretty pillow next to her.

She stood awkwardly in the middle of the room, staring at that bed while she thought about his question.

Why? So many reasons. None were probably what he suspected. Why would she try to escape? Even if she managed it, she had nowhere to go. She had no skills aside from cooking and cleaning. The only position she could even consider taking would be at a brothel somewhere, and she'd had quite enough of that life already.

"If he is alive, I vant to know. If I could see him, just vonce... just to know..."

[member="Azriel Zadimus"]

Azriel smiled to her as he gestured were she could put her things. "I will have you know this then [member="Lenne Fayth"], if we find your brother I might be able to procure him if he is for sale and a slave like you that is." He then said as he moved to her and pushed her onto the bed, chuckling a little as he then turned to leave the room. "I will chart a course to Nal Hutta, get some rest and enjoy your permanent quarters when we have to use this ship. Once back on Serenno at my estate we can see about finding you a room there for your use." He said with a friendly smile as he placed a comlink on the table as he gestured that if she needed anything to call him on it and then left the room and headed towards the bridge.

Her back hit the bed and her entire body tensed up. This again. She knew what this was. She closed her eyes and readied her mind for his assault... But it never came. She blinked. He'd offered to purchase her brother if he was still a slave. He'd given her a room to stay in. Bought her new clothes.

Why? Why was this one so... different?
It frightened her. Was she to understand that he was being this kind now as a joke? Was he tricking her? Or was what he had in store really so awful that he felt guilty? Guilty enough to treat a slave like a... person?

She watched him leave, carefully pulled her boots off, then curled up in the bed, laying on top of the warm blankets. She was asleep in moments.

Azriel sat down on the captains chair and with a holographic console coming up he punched in the codes to start the ship up and head towards Nal Hutta. Looking at his hand as he extended his claws and retracted them again. "What am I going to do with her?" He asked himself out loud as he sat in the seat and then watched as the ship left the hangar and set of into hyperspace. No matter how many times he'd seen it, it always amazed him, that tunnel of blue torrents that formed in front of the view screen as the ship traveled through hyperspace.
Opening a small window he viewed around the ship and stopped at [member="Lenne Fayth"]'s room for merely a moment and seeing she was asleep he decided not to bother her and allow her to sleep until the ship reached it's destination. To spend the time he went to the cargo hold and began to practice his Makashi forms with his cane as a makeshift lightsaber.
Once the Ship was about to leave hyperspace he stopped by to knock on the door to her room and then he made his way to the bridge.

There were no dreams to be had for Lenne. She was so tired and her scars still hurt. Almost a month had passed since her whipping, and they still felt raw, like they would break open and bleed any moment. She knew the legends of the space wizards, with their magic. Able to heal instantly, throw things without touching them, she even heard that they could fly! Not that she had ever seen one herself. Sometimes, when she was alone, she imagined her brother had escaped, that he was a space wizard too, using his magic to find her. He's set her free and take her somewhere... green. She liked green places.

Three knocks pulled her from her dreamless slumber. Her new Master must have wanted her for something. She pulled on her boots and hurried outside her room then headed right to the bridge.

She stopped the moment she got there, standing straight and silent, ready for orders.

When she'd enter the bridge then before her would be Nal Hutta as they approached it. "We are here, thought you might want to wake up for it. So do you have any clue on were to go?" He asked her as he looked over his shoulder at her, a slight smile on his lips.

A little adventure always spices up one's life, was the saying his mother had said to him as she had tried to reassure him when he awoke as an energy vampire and it was a saying he was quite fond of himself. Pressing a few buttons he brought up the holo display of nal hutta and available space ports to land. "Since he is your brother pick the one that feels the most right to you." He then said as he leaned back into his seat and waited for her to pick their landing spot.

[member="Lenne Fayth"]

There was little that Lenne remembered about her first home. Her Mother had once pointed out the spaceport near the old slave barracks. She remembered the name, the place.

"This one," she answered confidently, "I vas born here."

Only hours ago, she had been the property of another, receiving regular slaps to keep her in line. Now? Now she had a room, her own, with a Master that treated her kindly. At least, he did seem kind.

She looked up at him through her thick dark eyelashes, always wondering what was in store for her when this vampire finally needed to feed.

Azriel piloted the ship down to the space port [member="Lenne Fayth"] had pointed to. The trip took around four or six minutes as he maneuvered the ship to land in one of the hangars. "Do you have any weapons on you or know how to use one?" He then asked Lenne as he stood up and took his cane and readied himself to leave the ship. If the answer was a no he'd hand her an easily hidden dagger and would say he'd want it back when they came back on board the ship.
Leaving the ship he walked nearly passed a Vodran worker who was insistent on being paid the docking fees in hand. "That won't be necessary, I am a VIP here on hutta." Azriel said to the man as he leaned in close and used a mind trick on the man who promptly nodded and then walked away, a little hazy at first.

Weapons? The zabrak girl shook her head, blushing. Why would she? Slaves were taught that if something terrible happened to them, it was really their own fault. They were never armed. Arming slaves was like asking for an uprising, after all. So when her Master passed her a knife to hide, she was speechless. Why did he trust her so?

She quickly hid it in the cuff of her boot and followed closely. She looked utterly bewildered at what happened next. The dock worker just... took hid word for it. No need for proof. Was her Master truly that influential?

"M-master? May I ask... are you certain zhis is fine? You said you needed to feed frequently, and you have not yet..."

She sounded concerned. Well, it was a slaves job to show concern and loyalty for their Master. And being completely honest, this one was the kindest one Lenne had ever had.

Azriel looked at her and then looked away. "I need to feed, if all things are easy and I don't expend much energy that is, around every week, possibly two. In a hard situation around two or three days." He explained to her as he then walked to the exit of the hangar bay, or what one could call a large hole down in the space ports roof. "The last time I fed was around two days ago and I haven't expended that much energy so I'm good at least for today, though that might depend entirely on how it will go. The reason I won't be feeding on you now is simple, you'd have to rest for the remainder of the day to recover from it." He then said to her as he looked back at her and smiled.
As they fully entered the space port a few gamorians and the like stood guard over the visitors, watchful for any problems that might arise. Azriel looked them over a little and then gestured for [member="Lenne Fayth"] to stand at least two steps behind him as most slaves did on this mud ball of a planet.

Oh. She thought she understood. So, he'd only feed off of her when he needed to. But waiting was making her nervous. It was like waiting for a physician to give you a vaccine. The wait was the scary part.

She slowed her pace some, walking two paces behind. She lowered her head, watching out of the corner of her eye. Anything to give her a clue. Maybe they could look up her brothers name, just to see what happened to him.

Azriel walked to what seemed to be an overlord over a couple of slaves and asked him for information on the slave dealers or possible information holders. Once he was done he gestured towards [member="Lenne Fayth"] to follow him out of the space port. Immediately his hand moved to cover his nose and mouth as the polluted air hit him like a damn wall. It seemed that the Hutt's kept the spaceports air purified through some powerful filters to hold back such foul air.
"Lenne what languages do you know?" He said as he looked back at her and then out over the Nal Hutta landscape, seeing the despots and gangsters run around every so often as well as what he figured was a runner running to report that he had arrived on Nal Hutta to whatever Hutt was in control of the area, he mused.

Lenne folloed silently behind her Master, ignoring the stench as best she could. She hadn't been back to her birth planet in.... over ten years. More than. This was where she'd been born? It smelled familiar, that was sure.

"Master, I speak fluent huttese, Ryl, Jawaese, Tweleki..."

She went on for a moment, listing the langiage of nearly every planet on the outer rim. If Lenne had one talent, this was it.

Azriel smiled to [member="Lenne Fayth"] as he was impressed over her skill with languages. "Well that is quite good." He said to her as he then looked over the area again. "Tell me what do you remember of this world that could help me a little on what to expect?" He then asked her as he began to formulate his plans should something go wrong.

The Zabrak flushed with pride at her Masters complement. Complements were a very rare treat in her world, and as such, they should be held onto tightly, cherished.

"I remember this street," she commented, looking at the buildings, "And.... I remember where my first master lived. And I remember.... I think the slave barracks are this way...?"

She was moving purely on feel now, feel and a memory that was 14 years old. She'd left here when she was only five, after all.

"I remember my brothers name. Mother told me about him often. And I remember..."

She was about to say she remembered her mothers name, but she realized with a shock that she didn't anymore. She didn't know her name. Her Mother had just.... flickered out of existence.

Azriel looked at [member="Lenne Fayth"] and noticed she might be having something close to an existential dilemma, but then again she was a slave and a slaves life wasn't exactly an easy one. He had liked to see how proud she seemed over his compliment. "Is everything all right? you kind of trailed off there." He then said as after a few moments she hadn't said anything.

The slave girl shook her head, quickly snapping herself out of it. No. She couldn't afford to think like that. She was a slave too. Some day, she would die and be forgotten as well. Somewhere along the lines, one of her Masters would decide she was no longer fit to work for them and they would send her away to die in the mines. Just like mom. And that was just... it was okay. Lenne expected no different.

But it did hurt.

"It is nothsing, Master," she said, blushing at her own lie, "I vas just remembering. Coming back after all zis time. It is a bit..."

Overwhelming. Shocking. Sad.
She had a dozen words to describe it.

"My brothers name was Xavka Duquo," she said, "I vas thinking that to make this stop quick, ve could look for his name in ze public databanks?"

Azriel nodded to her and then headed towards the public databank inside in the Hutt palace or at least built right up against it as he walked up to it. He not quite not in his element as he didn't like the squalor that was all over Nal Hutta, most of it's infrastructure and any semblance of higher than poor seemed to go straight into the hutt palaces. Once inside there was a bored twi'lek half leaning against the front desk and not even batting one of his spice hazed eyes at the pair as they walked inside. "Is Hutta always like this?" Azriel asked [member="Lenne Fayth"] as they walked passed the spiced out Twi'lek.

The Zabrak awkwardly slunk inside behind her Master. What he asked was a very long story. Yes and no. It depended where you were.

"No. Some places are worse. In ze junk fields, ze acid factories... ze waste," she shivered, "People live out there, whole families. Slaves as vell. Some say zey are better off. Zey have more freedoms. But ze air is unbreathable out there, and acid rain is deadly if you are caught in it. Ze families who live out there are often forgotten and left behind, and zey must wear masks at all times."

Lenne had never been out there in the wastes. She'd been lucky. Living in the city, right up against the palace. She was never allowed to roam freely, but she was safe from the hardships of the wastes.

Azriel gave her an emphatic expression as he reached an information console. He soon saw that it was all in huttesse and since he couldn't speak that language he looked towards [member="Lenne Fayth"]. "Well then let's see if you are as fluent in huttesse as you claimed. Try to find your brother on this console." He said as he then leaned against a wall next to the console. 'At least this place is clean...' He thought looking over the place but then he began to think of how life outside the cities would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom