Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Yorik Oqa (Coral Herd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
kory-cromie-bio-fighter-as.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a general Yorik-et style Yuuzhan Vong fighter.
  • Image Source: Bio Fighter, Kory Cromie
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: The Sith Empire
  • Affiliation: The Sith Empire | Legion Yun-Ne'Shel
  • Model: N/A
  • Production: Limited
  • Material:
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Starfighter
  • Length: 12.5 meters
  • Width: 5 meters
  • Height: 2 meters
  • Armament: High
  • Defenses: Average
  • Squadron Count: Average: 12
  • Maneuverability Rating: High
  • Speed Rating: High
  • Hyperdrive: No
  • Hyperdrive Class: N/A
STANDARD FEATURES
  • All Standard Features
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Rockspitters
STRENGTHS
  • The Yorik Oqa has the addition of a rockspitter over more standard yorik-et.
  • An additional dovin basal grants greater speed and maneuverability over the standard yorik-et.
WEAKNESSES
  • The dovin basals used in the creation of Yorik Oqa are powerful enough to grant significant propulsion and maneuverability, but are unable to generate the degree of propulsion necessary to reach hyperspeed. Due to this drawback the Yorik Oqa are dependent on larger vessels to ferry them from place to place.
  • As the Yorik Oqa is a living organism it will show up on life scanners and other methods of detecting life, hindering their use in stealthier operations.
  • The Yorik Oqa is unable to handle the high concentrations of nitrogen found in most planetary atmospheres, specifically type I atmospheres and the majority of type II atmospheres. As there is no way to fashion a breathing apparatus for these ships to wear for breathing in atmospheres containing levels of nitrogen exceeding 30% (such as Coruscant, Korriban, Alderaan, and so on), these ships are unable to venture into planetary atmospheres. This further limits the ship's ability to travel, as it can only travel long distances via larger ship hangars and cannot survive in planetary atmospheres containing large amounts of nitrogen without succumbing to asphyxiation.
DESCRIPTION
While the Yorik-et are a fantastic and almost timeless starfighter analogue, the need to improve has pushed shapers within the Sith Empire to create something that resembles a cross between a Slayer ship and a Yorik-et. While more powerful than a Yorik-et in terms of firepower, and a bit faster and more maneuverable as well, the ship is actually smaller in size than a Slayer ship - although it also has less weapons than one, as well. Unlike a Slayer Ship and like most Yorik-et, the Yorik Oqa is unable to jump to hyperspace.

Last edited:
The Vong Starfighters. I wonder how it would be to fight them. We have an issue though.

As something the Factory Team has discussed, ripping out a Hyperdrive does not constitute a ratings drop, as per the June Factory Update. It can become a weakness now for a No Hyperdrive option but does not constitute a significant weakness currently. Please drop a rating down as you are one rating above currently.

Let me know when you do the required changes.
Hailyn Hailyn

Listib Hibin Listib Hibin
Significant weakness added. Ships are unable to survive in atmospheres containing high levels of nitrogen (examples are listed in the sub, but for quick evaluation purposes this would include any Earth-like planet as the concentration levels of nitrogens in most liveable worlds far exceed the low amount I stated in the submission).

As Yuuzhan Vong ships are all living organisms this would be a catastrophic weakness, and would also hinder their use in actual fleeting actions (particularly invasions, which are almost always located over Earth-like worlds) and in most threads in general. I hope, as the person who made up the weakness for rating scheme, that this satisfies the factory's desire to include more weaknesses than what is required in the template.

If it does not, then the removal of a rating will also remove one of my strengths, which will throw my submission out of balance and will result in the removal of all weaknesses except the hyperspace related one as that was not my intention when I submitted this initially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom