Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yo.

I'm my screen name. I'm an absolute noob to star wars. I really hope to learn here on this website. Any tips or hints or guidance would be highly appreciated. Thanks. Oh, and hello. Forgot that part.

[member="Bright Shadow"]

Welcome! If you need help navigating or finding stuff, please PM one of our Staff. You can find any of us online by viewing the Sidebar at the bottom for "Staff Online"

Welcome to Chaos! If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. :)
If you haven't already read the rules, that's a good place to start.

Oh, and the most important part; Have fun!

[member="Bright Shadow"]

Welcome to the Galaxy! If you need any help, have any questions, or you just want to RP, don't hesitate to let me know. Can't wait to see waht you do here! :)
[member="Bright Shadow"]

Iris Tyrad

A man with no friends, only live for revenge
[member="Bright Shadow"]

Just remember, the Wookieepedia is your friend. So if you don't have a clue what someone is talking about (this happens to me a lot) just search it up on the Wookieepedia, it's very helpful.

Welcome
Enjoy your stay
Got questions, ask em
Yadda Yadda

Same ol' stuff you get anywhere, relax, take it easy, have a good time.

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
[member="Bright Shadow"] - Welcome to the Chaos!

Have a little look here for the bare basic rules of RP:

http://starwarsrp.ne...-play-rules-r26

And then get your character created, so you know who you are going to “be” effectively.

It will then probably help to move into an Open Role-Play thread. We have Open and Private.
Open is where anyone can join in any thread, so have a look and see what story / setting attracts you and start. Private is where only those invited by Private Message can join, so those threads are not open for anyone just to join, but you can of course read them at your leisure for some good stories!

It’s post by post, which means you post your initial “entrance” into the thread, just like writing story. You can write 3rd person or 1st, whatever you like! After that, in time, the next character will post and they will dictate something that happens, maybe it’s big or small, as in they may move to be near your character, or they may start a robbery in a cantina, and then they will tag everyone else active in that thread to notify they have made a post. Look to the left, under my Av you will see my post count and the @Mention button. Press that to mention me in a post and I'll get a notification so I don't miss it.

So, maybe another character will continue that story, or you would write a new post where you hide in fear, or you try to disarm them etc. It’s dictated post by post where nothing is usually set in stone, as long as you understand you’re not a God, and you don’t go around killing people or control other characters.

And when you feel brave, you can even start a new thread to start your own Role Play - set up the location in your post and write as much as you want (like the opening of a book) and people will soon join in if it appeals to them!

Check out the timeline we play in so you know what has happened since the films...

http://starwarsrp.ne...laxy-at-war-r22

Have a look at some threads and see how they flow, and what sort of posts are made.

It MAY look daunting, but it’s really not. It’s great fun and once you get into the swing of things and meet new people here, you’ll easily form friendships with other writers to write with, and you’ll gain lots of experience in the process.

The only limit is your imagination, but don’t be scared to jump right in. If there are any problems, we will guide you and let you know, but don’t be afraid to ask us for any tips. That’s what we are here for.

Hope this helps?

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom