Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Yalara academy of the illogical logic

Status
Not open for further replies.
niJCMT7.jpeg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
SETTING INFORMATION
  • Nexus Name: Heart of darkness
  • Nexus Alignment: Dark
  • Affiliation: Adeline Noctua (Darth Keres)
  • Size: Large
  • Strength: Strong
  • Accessibility: Hard to reach, guarded by legions of undead (Some roam the surface, most dwell within the building.) and many eldritch phenomena (Be it illusions, beasts, mind breaking. All of this is found deep in the underground labyrinth.)
  • Description: On the outside lies the massive academy, ripe with undeath the area is not for the feint of heart. Within this place of occult learning many of the rooms have a prestigious and powerful architecture, invoking some sense of grandeur. The deeper you go within this temple the darker it gets, light sources become a rarity up until they simply do not exist within the architecture. Miles upon miles of pitch black tunnels serve as both a labyrinth for the untested, and a massive crypt for the undisturbed dead. If someone were to either find themselves at the center of it all, be it by luck or by Adeline guiding them. They would see a horrid sight, a heart made of the flesh and blood gathered mostly during "The great hunt." , once living people now stitched and coiled into a beating undead mass.
NEXUS EFFECTS
Upon the surface one can see that the very land itself is dry, no plants or wildlife exist. Any effort to grow crops sees them wither and die, the children of livestock dead upon birth. The very land is cursed, for at its rotting core.. It is undead and tainted. The living anywhere upon the world have their very soul and body caught within a net, death isn't the end for anyone or anything here. Once your soul gets dragged in by the heart, your corpse will rise and defend the planet. For those not connected to the force, they cannot feel this net even though they walk within it, all the same their death isn't the end.

The surface is just the first layer, exploring further into this body will have both kinds of force user feel more sickly, some even report odd creatures of hallucinations deeper into the blackened tunnels. It is believed that those who manage to find the heart will feel an unrelenting sickness, with each beat echoing deep within their mind they can suffer an untold number of side effects ranging from violent vomiting to rare occurrences of total brain failure.

This twisted and foul nexus, this creature. It shares a connection to Adeline, its own hunger stemming from her feeding off it over time.

Healing of planet can happen if nexus is destroyed

POINTS OF INTEREST
  • The academy (Built in the style of many Sith temples or places of learning that came before it, the building itself serves as both a bulwark to defend the heart, but also a hub for any avid occultist or eager necromancer.)

• The dark below (The dead need not rest, and thus these caverns seem to go on forever. Akin to some sort of limbo for lost souls, they serve as miles of crypt for the galaxy's endless dead, and a place for testing the strength of people. Some alone or sent in groups with minimal supply to see what happens to their minds when locked within endless darkness, only the strong pass the test while the others fall prey to cannibalism or whatever else lurks down there. People report that they swear they can sometimes hear heavy breathes, or that the walls leak some substance similar to mucus. Perhaps these stories have validity, for the planet is a beast in a way.)

• The heart (The nexus of this place, it is both a defense system and feeding pool for its maker. Drinking from the suffering of others can have lasting affects, be they negative or boons of power.)

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Built upon the once abandoned planet of Yalara, this academy has been a passion project of its maker for many years. As the power and influence of Darth Keres grew, it made it easier and easier to secure the resources needed to build such a place. The planet wasn't originally a nexus of dark force power... It wasn't a nexus at all. Yet as time went on, Keres- Or Adeline if you so prefer, has dug her claws deeply into this planet. Over time killing it and eating it, the place now has her mark of undeath and heresy. Twisted and cursed, this place has no light, only the chaotic dark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adeline Noctua Adeline Noctua

Love a nice and spooky Academy. I just have a few notes before we move this one on. Thank you for your patience!

Image Credit: AI generated
I'll need you to be more specific here. Please link the AI engine used in making these images.

Accessibility: Hard to reach, guarded by legions of undead and many eldritch phenomena
Could you expand on this, just to make it clear what someone approaching this might be faced with? When you say "many eldritch phenomena", for example, what do you mean?

I'm not sure if this is what you were going for but we want to be careful not to run afoul of this rule:
  1. You may not destroy a celestial body (sun, planet, moon, etc.) in the SWRP Chaos Galaxy without prior permission from the SWRP Chaos Board Owner. (from Role Play Rules)
This one is a touch tricky, but I would suggest you go over the submission and tone down the "absolute" language and limit the all encompassing nature of its power, to stay clear on the right side of this rule. For example, instead of definitive statements, phrase it more like "Because of her influence it could have this effect". Otherwise it could be seen as controlling other characters without their permission.

Thank you for your cooperation :)

Love a nice and spooky Academy. I just have a few notes before we move this one on. Thank you for your patience!

I'll need you to be more specific here. Please link the AI engine used in making these images.

Could you expand on this, just to make it clear what someone approaching this might be faced with? When you say "many eldritch phenomena", for example, what do you mean?

I'm not sure if this is what you were going for but we want to be careful not to run afoul of this rule:
  1. You may not destroy a celestial body (sun, planet, moon, etc.) in the SWRP Chaos Galaxy without prior permission from the SWRP Chaos Board Owner. (from Role Play Rules)
This one is a touch tricky, but I would suggest you go over the submission and tone down the "absolute" language and limit the all encompassing nature of its power, to stay clear on the right side of this rule. For example, instead of definitive statements, phrase it more like "Because of her influence it could have this effect". Otherwise it could be seen as controlling other characters without their permission.

Thank you for your cooperation :)
Currently I cannot find what engine was used to generate the image, I had first found it on Pinterest (Where all image credits go to die) and from there I spent some hours digging. Besides it being on Pinterest I had found it on some board but nothing seemed to be linked, just the still image with no credit on the engine sadly. It might take some time due to covid beating me up but I can search more today now that I have some free time, hopefully today I find something lol

The legions of undead mostly dwell within the place, with some moving around on the surface. The eldritch phenomena had intentionally been left vague so that anyone exploring could think of something they found interesting, but I could simplify it to say hallucinations, distortions in reality (Something not working the way we expect like gravity.) or even strange beasts.

As for the rule, the planet is not destroyed. Everything is just tainted and could be reverted over time, I would imagine getting rid of that heart and also booting Adeline off the world would allow either time to work its course or allow Jedi to heal and mend the wounds.

You weren't kidding! Had a go at trying to find a good image source myself, couldn't dig up anything better than Pinterest or that board you mentioned. Just add in a link to the Pinterest and that should be fine in this case.

That satisfies me! Just wanted to make you aware :) Throw in the image link and I'll put this up for approval. :)
It bothered me that I couldn't find anything, so I just put a new image with actual credits to the engine used. Other than that everything else should be in order and more specified, if you want since I don't really have anything to link for whatever eldritch 'beast' you could find I could remove it. My idea behind it was for the player to decide, seeing as how it could even be tailored just to them and how their own eyes see it. But if that needs to be changed just lmk and I can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom