Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Wyrru

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a sentient species that resembles humans in no way, shape, or form
  • Image Credit:n/a
  • Canon: n/a
  • Permissions: n/a
  • Links: n/a
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Wyrru (Why-roo)
  • Designation: Sentient
  • Origins: The wyrru originally came from a large nebula far outside the lesser known galaxy.
  • Average Lifespan: 4015 standard years
  • Estimated Population: Inter-planetary, although they are rarely seen in more than small groups by most planet-side species. Leading many to believe their population is scattered.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: None. Wyrru live out in interstellar space, meaning that they need no atmosphere
  • Average Height of Adults: 10.66 - 12.19 meters, although most seen by the galaxy are only 0.61 - 1.52 meters tall.
  • Average Length of Adults: 29.26 - 30.48 meters, although most seen by the galaxy are only 3.35 - 4.57 meters long.
  • Skin Color: N/A
  • Scale Color: Their scales are often mottled shades of or reds and golds and blues, just about any colors you'd find in a nebula. Although it isn't uncommon to find Wryyu with black scales too.
  • Hair color: n/a
  • Distinctions: Wyruu are shaped vaguely of snakes, with long sinuous bodies and no limbs to speak of. At the end of their tails and part of their "back" (what would be considered their back if they were on a place with gravity) are sharp spines. These spines are able to lay flat or stand straight up, with some limited mobility side to side. Their head is the most un-snake like part of them, a squat hammer head like shape with several bony spikes on the top of their head. The have no nostrils, but they do have mouths and are the only thing vaguely similar to a human. The mouth doesn't open to under their eye like snakes, instead forming an oval shaped hole in the front of their face. This is to make it easier to eat. The eyes are place on the side of their heads where hammer head eyes would be, giving them almost 360* of vision. Their irises are always bright almost bio luminescent colors and range in color from purple and blue to yellows and oranges, making green and red eyes none existent. With slitted pupils, Wyrru are able to adjust how much light they take in.
Internally, wyrru have no vocal cords, as sound doesn't travel in space, nor do they have lungs or ears. Instead, their bodies run at extremely high temperatures to counteract the cold of space. The temperature is almost negligible in space, but if one were to find itself on an atmospheric planet, the touch of skin could easily burn most species. Wyrru are also similar to mammals. They give live birth, but do not feed the child milk, instead they are able to eat dust immediately after birth. Like many mammalian children, wyrru must learn to “walk” which for them consist of using the push/pull techniques. Like humans, this can take them years. Though years for a wyrru translates to one or two hundred years instead of the two or three years of humans and similar humanoids.​
These Space Snakes never stop growing and grow at an extremely slow rate, meaning a 300 year old Wyrru, a preteen in the eyes of the species, would only be 3.05 meters long. Along with their long lifespan, Wyrru also have three genders, the typical male and female, along with an gender neutral.​

Races
There are six nomadic tribes within the Wyrru species. Despite their differences, they all share a same over arching culture and belief. It’s not uncommon for a specific Wyrru to switch Tribes if they find themselves wanting to do something different. That is, except for the seventh tribe
  1. Shelt Tribe: is one of the more shy tribes, as a group they believe that knowledge is of extreme importance and helped develop a written language for their species and record their personal history. They rarely venture into the known galaxy.
  2. Kakish Tribe: are exploratory, specifically searching through any scrap yards or broken ships they can reach for the history, tech, and lifestyles of other species. They have a strong relationship with the Shelt and Tok tribes.
  3. Tok Tribe: is the most scientifically inclined tribe. They've created much of the Wyrru tech and collaborate with the kakish tribe on any technology developed by planet-side species.
  4. Ashak Tribe: make up much of the explorers, though with recent developments all tribes are sending out more explorers. Older Wyrru who find themselves to tired or too large to comfortably travel focus on map making and developing better ways to travel.
  5. Styt Tribe: Often considered the most deeply religious, these Wyrru task themselves with guarding the nebulae where their people meet and searching for the entrance to Stytakak's plane where their god is said to live.
  6. Tricha Tribe: A smaller tribe than the others, the Tricha are a shy group, often working with the Shelt tribe to record the history of other species.
  7. Chotask Tribe: The Chotlask tribe was banished generations ago. They believed themselves superior to any planet-side species and even some of their kin. They are the main source for any ancient myths about space snakes attacking ships. They’re beliefs were tolerated by their kin until the tribe decided to attack the others at a Nebula, one of the sacred places of the the people where in fighting was prohibited. Today, being labeled a Chotask is one of the gravest insults you could give. Insinuating that they are killers of their kin, traitors of the the worst kind, and deserve banishment past the known universe, which spans far past the Lesser Known Galaxy.
  • Force Sensitivity: All
Strengths:
  • Numbers: Due to being largely unaffected by the Gulag plague, the Wyrru have some of the largest numbers in the galaxy, although they are still rarely seen.
  • Go Where No Man Has Gone Before: Due to their physique, Wyrru are capable of thriving in the dead of space.
  • Push!: As a force sensitive species, the Wyrru use the force as their main mode of travel, using force push pulls on any surrounding items, or more commonly each other to fling themselves in a direction they want to go. They also use the force for things that human hands might be used for, such as writing or holding objects.
  • Age Before Beauty: As a long lived race, they know much about the galaxy, remembering long before the 400 year darkness.
  • Improvise: To make up for the strain of the increased gravity planet-side, Wyrru have adapted their use of force push/pull to to help them move and "stand" upright, where their head and upper body or tail are raised up to eye level with a planet side species.
  • Intimidation: A fully grown Wyrru can be highly intimidating to most species.
  • Eye spy: Wyrru are capable of near 360* line of vision.
Weaknesses:
  • Alien Biology: due to their largely alien biology, Medical applications of the galaxy are more likely to kill them than save them, meaning they must rely on the medical expertise of their own species for the time being.
  • Gravity: Due to spending their lives in space, Wyrru are weakened in a planet's gravity.
  • I Can't Hear You!: The Wyrru have no ear drums, meaning that they will almost always need a droid with them when communicating with someone, as they cannot hear vocal languages.
  • I'm Walking Here!: When on a planet, wyrru are very low to the ground, making it hard to spot them in crowds.
  • Intimidation: A fully grown wyrru can be highly intimidating to most species.
  • Can’t touch this: Wyrru run at naturally high temperatures, making any physical contact with other species a burning experience for them if its is held for more than a few minutes.
  • I can’t see you: while they may be able to see almost 360*, Wyrru have blind spots directly behind them and in front of them (if something is closer than one or two meters.) they also have a blind spot directly above them.
    Amputated: Due to their unique form of movement, force null area can be highly dangerous to a wyrru. When in space, it simply prevents the wyrru from changing direction or doing everyday tasks such as writing or carrying something. But while on a planet or any similar gravity controlled areas, extended time without the force can severe damage to their person.
CULTURE
  • Diet: dust particles. Wyrru eat the different dust particles in space, as these are often made of of different elements and easier to find than other animals or plants that would have those elements in them.
  • Communication: WSL - Wyrru Sign Language, the sign language of their species which mainly uses the spines on their back and tail and the tail itself. Though they understand GSL - galactic sign language. As the species' main language is a sign language, names are based of something about the wyrru, describing a specific physical feature, personality train, or both. These names can become lengthy when spoken in basic, so often the basic translation is based off of the sounds made when their spines and tail hit each other while signing the word.
  • Technology level: galactic standard, although it's presentation differs greatly from most species. They have hyper travel, although their ships lack much of what most would be used to, containing no heating or atmosphere system, or even artificial gravity. They do have advanced medical tech, but things such as droids and long ranged weapons with recoil are almost none existent in their communities as they would be near useless in the dead of space.
  • Religion/Beliefs: Stytorex
  • General behavior: Wyrru are an exploratory race, though the reasons differ. Some search for the entrance to Stytakak’s Plane where their god is said to live, others just wish to see the galaxy or learn about other species. They are dual sided like many sentient species, capable of good and evil. Generally though, wyrru have the mindset that if you don't hurt them, they wont you.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The wyrru are a largely nomadic race. Originally living in a nebula far past the edge of the galaxy, they were scattered from their home when a black hole swallowed it. Now they travel interstellar space. Historically staying far away from the known galaxy and its people. Though it was later confirmed that the Wyrru developed much of their more delicate tech off planet-side species. The Nomadic tribes meet within several dozen nebulae throughout the known and unknown galaxy. These meetings range in importance, often simply being a way to trade between different tribes. Every now and then all the tribes will gather to decide the fate of their species.
Throughout history only twelve of these meetings have occurred. The most recent meeting happening not long after the netherworld catastrophe.

The Wyrru took the disappearances as a sign from Stytakak to act in the galaxy. Slowly they began making their presence known, myths spread about giant space snakes who saved those in trouble in dead space, or destroyed them. Few know for sure of their existence, but as the known galaxy continues to expand, the Wyrru have decided to stop retreating with it, allowing the planet-side species to eventually find them.

Due to their life in space, only the young are able to travel planet side for long periods of time without long lasting negative consequences. Leaving it up to teens and young adults, those between 400 -1000 years, to interact with the wider galaxy. Due to this, Wyrru in this age group are viewed as important by those older and younger than them. the older ones often beginning to respect them and the younger ones often looking up them.

Last edited:
:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Venku Bralor Venku Bralor

My name is Judah Lesan and I am here to review your sub!

Since I am in training currently this will need an additional review once I am finished with it. Thank you for your patience!

This is very well thought out submission and I love the work you have done here. It took me a couple of days to think through because of the amount of detail to sift through. I can honestly say I enjoyed looking this over.

There are really only a couple of things I need you to do here.

No. 1. FORCE SENSITIVITY

You have listed that the every member of this species is force sensitive and that they utilize force push/pull. Unfortunately according to the species rules this is not something you can have them do. Let me quote you the specific rule which applies here:​
Completely Force-sensitive species may not start off with fully developed Force Powers. That is a matter of the individual, not the race. They are born force sensitive, but that is a potential, rather than an absolute. All Force-sensitive species may have passive abilities that do not require training (improved reflexes, low grade pre-cog, etc), but are prohibited from having active abilities (force lightning, telekinesis, etc). Exceptions are made for artificially engineered species (Sithspawn, etc), if they have been tailored for specific abilities. Racial abilities that are not affiliated with the Force (Ex. Zeltron Empathy/Pheromones) are exempted from this. These species should include appropriate weaknesses, such as difficulties with Force Null fields.
I do not see that this species are Sithspawn or artificially engineered so in order for them to use force push/pull, which is a form of telekinesis, they would have to learn it. You will need to work that in somehow if you wish to use this throughout the submission.​
No 2. WEAKNESSES

Since the entire species is force sensitive you do need to do mention something about force null zones as per the rule quoted above. The appropriate section is highlighted for your convenience.​
I think this is a good place to start as it has a pretty major impact on how you envision this species. Tag me once you have made the edits and we will give this another look over!

Great start so far!!

Judah Lesan Judah Lesan

I’m glad you like it! This is my brain child and I love it very much. I could honestly spend five paragraphs ranting to you about them and all the ideas I have in my head, but this is neither the time nor the place.

Now down to business. I’ve added a weakness pertaining to force null areas and mentioned that the use of push pull must be trained like one learns to walk. I didn’t add it as a weakness because the equivalent human age of when they don’t know how to walk or are learning how to would be about three or four and therefor not an applicable weakness to a character.

On a somewhat unrelated note, are there rules about going back and editing approved submissions without taking them to pre-codex? I don’t mean changes the strengths and weaknesses, I mean things like coming back and fixing grammar mistakes, changing the format to flow better, minor stuff like that. I like to go back over my work occasionally and fix that kind of stuff, but I wanted to make sure I’m not breaking any rules by doing so without switching it to pre-codex.

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Venku Bralor Venku Bralor

First of all, thank you so much for the edits. Great species!!!

To your question, once this is pending for approval, or approved, the thread will automatically lock meaning the only way to edit will be requesting it be moved to the pre-codex.

Here are some options for you:

I can move this to pre-codex for you to catch all the edits you feel you need to make before that happens...

or

I can pass this up and you can go the route of using the Submission Modification Request forum here.

Let me know how you would like to proceed, because as I said once I pass this up it will lock.

Judah Lesan Judah Lesan | Venku Bralor Venku Bralor

Howdy! This is a pretty cool submission, but, there are a few things to take a peek at.

1.) Origin: This section is actually asking where this species came from. What planet did they originate on? Were they born in a lab? Naturally, evolved? Is there a certain planet in the Outer Rim that they first started appearing on? Even a specific part of space perhaps near a planet? If so, please list and link it.
from submission said:
Origins: Can be found through out interstellar space, but most commonly in the outer rim closer to the edge of the galaxy.
from template said:
Origins: [ This can be a planet (canon or Chaos canon sub), a company's lab, a region of space, extra-galactic, etc. Provide a link if applicable. ]

2.) Scale Color: I believe that this field was changed from the template from "Skin Color" to "Scale Color" because it's more prevalent for the species. You can add any field you need to, but, you can't remove any per the General Codex Guidelines.
The entire template must be used in your submission. The template's base fields are not to be changed/removed/altered with the exception of a Force Nexus. If a Planet does not have one this can be removed. Otherwise, If the field does not apply simply state "N/A". Additional information and fields may be added if desired.

So, this section should look like this:
  • Breathes: None. Wyrru live out in interstellar space, meaning that they need no atmosphere
  • Average Height of Adults: 10.66 - 12.19 meters, although most seen by the galaxy are only 0.61 - 1.52 meters tall.
  • Average Length of Adults: 29.26 - 30.48 meters, although most seen by the galaxy are only 3.35 - 4.57 meters long.
  • Skin Color: N/A
  • Scale Color: Their scales are often mottled shades of or reds and golds and blues, just about any colors you'd find in a nebula. Although it isn't uncommon to find Wryyu with black scales too.
  • Hair Color: N/A

3.) Distinction: In this section, it states that the creatures have "no limbs to speak of" but just below it, for the Shelt Tribe it states that they have a written language. If they have no limbs are they also using the Force to write and use technology? I would suggest mentioning that somewhere as it only really seems to allude to that in the strengths.

That would be all my notes. Let me know when you're ready for me to take another pass and we can get this stamped. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom