Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Writing humans and aliens [poll]

What fraction of your characters are human?

• Total voters
So recently I've found myself losing interest in human characters. I love exploring alien cultures and the variety of races in star wars.

What fraction of your characters are human? I'm including all the human offshoots and near-humans under that collective title too.

(We all know every character can be interesting. Even the most plain run of the mill human can be interesting if well written, and sometimes an interesting and unique character concept can be a crutch and leaves you with a lack of depth over time)

This species only looks human, but it is actually a silicone based species, like Twi'leks and Shards. Don't even really need to eat, just intake carbon from the atmosphere like a plant.

I chose species based on info available and my ability to make playbys for them

I've always viewed playing a fantasy or scifi game, whether RP or not, it's best to well...

Not be human. I don't like it. So really none of mine are. You may look at Ferus and say he is, but he's not. Same with the rest of my characters (Unless you count clones as being human. Then I got one)

[member="Darth Ferus"]

From your bio:

"Epicanthix are tall, muscular humans, easily noticed by the folds in their eyes. Yet despite such a predominant trait, Ferus lacks such a fold. He has a tall slender build, sporting toned muscles, giving him a rather misleading demeanor, as his whole body was alchemised to be far stronger than the normal."

So... You're a tall, muscly human?

If it's a clone of a human, it's a human.

[member="Khallesh"]

If we're gonna get specific.

Ferus is a Zabrak moved into a humanoid body. Not even a human body to begin with, but hey.

You wanna get picky about what people view as human and whats not, feel free. I don't think of near human as human in the slightest.

I prefer species' which are near-human, because I feel I can understand them better, their physiology etc.

I have one Trandoshan, who I don't count as a near-human cuzreptile. The rest are human/near-human.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
At the moment, I have a near-human, a Sithspawn, a genetic experiment and a non-Human, so I guess that's currently 25%, but I'll be fair and call it 40-50% to include some variant of near-humans that I would usually make.

Humans are, as with most franchises, the predominant and most diverse of the species, but Star Wars has a huge variety to choose from thanks to the EU, so there's a lot of nice possibilities to explore. Being a human or some variant of all the time gets to be boring after a while.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
I'm all human, all the time. Easy avatars, easy cultures, easy sensual compatibility, and easy environmental adaption. Not to mention, everything is always your size. Nice! :D :p

If it looks like a human, walks like a human, acts like a human, made like a human - for all intents and purposes it should be counted as human, so I can agree to having near-humans included here.

Majority of my characters are human or near human. It's the race I feel most comfortable with writing.

Elsewise my aliens consist of a Clawdite (that more often than not takes the appearance of a human), a Togruta (which some would also consider a near-human and to that I could agree) and an Arachneri. I actually created the Arachneri character after the species was subbed to Codex because I liked the idea that it was so very different from most other things and I wanted to write something out of my own box. So far it's worked splendidly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom