Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would Peace on Star Wars RP Work?

One of the most interesting things about Star Wars is the war between good vs evil or The Republic vs Empire. But even outside that there are conflicts, between Mandalorians and Hutts or Vong vs Republic. It fascinates me that there was actually only one time in the entire timeline of Star Wars where there wasn't any major conflicts. So it got me thinking on this one question for several hours last night; Can there be peace on Chaos? I mean that question seems to contradict itself, obviously. But can it happen? And if it can would it help the board or ruin it?

Well let's first look to see if it would work. There is only one way it would however; It could work if others wanted it. Now this is also a bad point. I mean a lot of the majors storied on the board are generated from the conflicts between factions and what-not. It's just an urge, especially in a galaxy like Star Wars, to have fighting between major factions with different views and interests. But what if everyone wanted peace? I mean it would work if it was unanimously decided upon. Some people may say this point is obvious but it isn't. There will always be someone, even me sometimes, who doesn't want peace but, due to everyone else wanting it, that would agree on peace..

The question then arises; If peace if ultimately achieved, how would the board be interesting. Well the following points will show you why having peace on the board would benefit.
  • Sabotage. Look at Star Wars Episode 1-3. Yes, there is a war being fought, but what about the Republic? The Grand Chancellor was a Sith Lord and destroyed the Republic from the inside out. Don't tell me you haven't thought about someone doing that on the board. I think it would be so awesome. Stories like this could easily be told with peace on the board. Like I said, some people might not want peace. Perfect story opportunity to push your faction into a war. Or working with other faction members to sabotage your faction, thus forcing them into war.
  • Political Drama. This is the main reason why I thought of this whole topic. When signing up for Masks of Madness started I only signed up for the one where the theme was political drama. Why? Because it's fresh on the board and is always fun. With galactic peace, that brings up a whole new war; the war between the different governments within factions. Don't tell me that doesn't sound fun?
  • Rebellion. Following closely with my first point, people will start rebelling, and that is always fun!

So yea. That's it (anti-climactic ending). I just thought I'd share this to see what others thought of it. I mean I know it might never happen, but it always thrills me when I think of awesome story ideas that really effect everyone in a way.

Peace on this board already happened. It sucked. The best part is that my goddamn master plan as Emperor during "Star Peace" revolved around those three things you just bullet-pointed.

It never came together, in case you were wondering.

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
While in general I would agree that a state of conflict between galactic powers is preferable, I want to note that your ideas are very solid. They are also totally doable in the current geopolitical situation. You've got what, five major galactic powers? All of whom could and likely are engaging in a certain amount of intrigue and such on a daily basis. There's no reason you can't have political drama and rebellion in the Fringe/Republic/CIS/Protectorate/Mandos. Sure, it would take a bit of effort to set up, coordination with faction admins, getting people on board, etc. etc., but it's all there.

Just needs someone to get it going.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Gerion Ardik said:
Peace on this board already happened. It sucked. The best part is that my goddamn master plan as Emperor during "Star Peace" revolved around those three things you just bullet-pointed.

It never came together, in case you were wondering.
I read that in Tywin Lannisters voice

Oh and Onyx I like peace and political drama

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom