Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public WOTU Prologue | We Are Denon Concert

The sudden shift in his demeanour caught her entirely by surprise. She wasn't expecting him to just open up the options and let her choose her own job. She was going to keep quiet about how she got past his defences. "Whatever, huh?' She repeated, still trying to wrap her head around it.

She knew how the galaxy worked for people like them. She could do whatever someone needed her to do. But she didn't know his operations at all. Didn't understand how he ran his little empire in the shadows. What kind of position could she pick that wouldn't put her in anyone's crosshairs?

"All of the above, jack." She spoke up as she lit another cigarette and offered the packet to him. "Just tell me when I start and point me in a direction, I'll go the whole nine yards, sweetheart." She continued, leaning against the wall of the ship with a confident smile. Was it that easy? Did she just secure a solid and stable future for herself? For her family? They didn't need to know about this. All that mattered was the money.

Hopefully this deal was going to work out perfectly for her... and him too, probably. The least she could do was make sure his empire flourished.

Xyoz Maji Xyoz Maji

divider.png

"Where to start, huh?"

Xyoz rubbed at his chin for a moment, seeming drifting in thought. He didn't want to think business, not right now. Hell, he hired out a droid to make sure his business on Denon would get back into shape. Denon- The metaphorical lightbulb lit up over his head before he grinned. Wide.

"Alright, yeah. You got some spunk comin' in and such. I like it. Yeah." He'd already said as much, but now he was backtracking. She wanted a job, he had an idea. And why not make her feel like she needed to prove something? She didn't, but he couldn't be too accommodating. Even though he was already by just giving her the job. And offering her whatever he wanted.

No such thoughts on contradictions crossed his mind, though they probably should've.

"There are some punks in masks messing with my distribution on Denon. If you say you can do it all, go get em' for me. Bring em by, let me have talk with em. Remind them not to get in the way of my- our business." He grinned wide, extending a hand. "Should be easy enough for someone who could sneak onto my ship, huh? Good introduction to the business. You can get aquainted with how we run things in the meantime."

Ceres Izner Ceres Izner

Toltec

▂ ▅ ▇ █ ◧⟤⟤⬛⟥⟥◨ █ ▇ ▅ ▂

zJyoi8b.png

DENON
District 13 'The Fractal'

Objective:
Start A Riot.

HUFF HUFF HUFF HUFF HUFF.

The Protocol Droid's wild eyes were darting through the crowd as the terrible jizz music echoed in the background. People began screaming out as the wide-eyed droid's gears were whirring and it was making quite the ruckus, the droid equivalent of breathing heavily. Black oil sweat was seeping down it's forehead.

"MY PURSE!" A woman screamed out as the droid frantically pushed past her, while her Netrunner bro slid off his cybernetic shades to scream "bro!". In the chaos of the situation unfolding, it could easily be confused that the protocol droid had stolen something from the woman, but that wasn't the case. He had just merely knocked it down. The wild eyed droid clamored to the ground, but quickly repositioned itself as it leapt back into action, cutting a blade through the crowd once more as desperate druggies and hippies were startled out of the way.

BOOM.

Wait, no, not an explosion. But the crowd was noticeably freaked. Glitter spread through the air and they cheered, as the air cannons from the concert began firing more body paint and glitter. Boom, another one. The droid whistled and wheeled it's head around, barreling forth until it came upon a muscled security guard holding up his hand. He said something, but you couldn't hear it over the music and explosions. His face served as a good landing platform as the droid vaulted through the air and onto the stage.

The protocol droid skidded across the stage, more agile than most Protocol Droids.

Many orphans and singers stopped, bewildered.

The droid looked frantic, as if diseased, or drugged.

It then ran up to Fal Gore's coffin and gave it a big wide PUSH, flinging it into the crowd.

Base D, intergalactic heart throb and singer, screamed as the coffin left it's tiny orphan hands launching pad and into the air. Fal Gore's body went somersaulting into the crowd. His first thought was that this was going to kill on Zip Zok, the social media sharing app. The millions of views were going to make his mind go wild. Bad press is still bad.

Dropping the microphone he began to backpeddle towards the curtains for the platform. Before turning his back on the crowd, he began to see a multitude of droids making their way through the crowd. Uh oh. Something was going down, something planned. Time to get the hell out of dodge.

Base D turned to leave and let out a high pitch blood curdling scream in an octave he didn't belong in.

An enormous loader droid was blocking the exit.

Fal Gore's bloated headless body, which was actually in the coffin, began to spin laterally like a discus out from the white coffin and into the crowd.

"What the hell?" Jasper reacted. A shudder went down the young Jedi's spine. "Th-that guy doesn't have a head!"

"That's him," Pyf informed him. "That's Gore."

"The guy who was assassinated?" the duelist asked, "How is he..."

Jasper didn't have time to ponder any of this. From the reaction of the crowd, he had a feeling that the situation was about to escalate. The Hutt Space Consortium would have to wait.

So he was here for the spice—or more specifically, to eliminate whatever was circulating among the writhing crowd. Kid was more like his mentor than he gave himself credit for, and that wasn't the most comforting thought.

"Yeah that's…good luck."
Her nails rapped against the durasteel support. "Don't wanna have to fish your body out of a canal."

Another familiar face joined the Ceiling Coalition, this one with more Darkwire ties.

"Heyyy, Cartri. Wanna grab Huttaburger after th—what the actual FETH?"

Yula stumbled back, nearly losing her footing from the scaffolding. So the coffin wasn't a prop after all, and now the Senator's headless corpse was crowdsurfing among orphans and Gore enthusiasts.

"How did they even get—this some kind of guest appearance gone wrong? Ugh, gross." She didn't envy the poor sucker who had to clean Chiss off the floor.

"Guess the party's over." Security droids were streaming through the venue, presumably to shut this place down. Her head jerked towards the direction of Base D's screams, and her eye zoomed in on the industrial droid blocking the singer's path.

"That…'ain't security."

Maybe it was the technopath in her, or maybe I'd was the nuna wings with secret sauce she'd had for lunch, but Yula had an uneasy feeling about this.

Corin Trenor Corin Trenor Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll

Things were happening on Denon, even Lirka: a creature who had eschewed the wider Galaxy for so long in favor of her bloody work in Wild Space knew something important was happening on this trash heap of a planet. Now, the exact specifics? That she didn't quite grasp, but whatever it was she wanted to be there to reap the reward.

The issue was, that she hadn't expected it to involve this sorry excuse for music. Lirka enjoyed the arts, savored many of them in fact. But music? That was not one of them, music grated on her senses and left it hard to think. Wasn't hard enough to think up one thing in particular though: these orphans should've just stayed as sewer rats. But regardless of her distaste, she found herself gazing down towards the ensemble with a curosity.

All this over a Senator? How utterly absurd, she'd never truly get to understand these people...

Though if there was one thing Lirka did have an eye for, it was a commotion. And before she truly grasped the situation, she saw the corpse of Gore go flying through the air and into the bewildered crowds.

And with that, her opinion on this whole venture suddenly changed. This? This just got pretty funny. And as activity in the crowd grew, she couldn't help but give herself a small laugh and ready her power-suit to get down there and join the fray when things picked up enough.

"You know this kid?" He asked Yula incredulously.

It was all Corin could muster before the sudden shrieks answered the mess that started below. Messy, to say the least. The headless corpse of an assassinated senator flailed about wildly and the sudden thumps of metallic limbs marched onto the scene. His brow lifted with disbelief, "Giggledust can wait."

His eyes narrowed on the details, always the details. "You should leave," Corin nodded towards Yula, masked eyes upturning to Cartri. "You too."

It'll be worse before it's better.

Yula Perl Yula Perl Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll

Toltec

▂ ▅ ▇ █ ◧⟤⟤⬛⟥⟥◨ █ ▇ ▅ ▂

zJyoi8b.png

The body of Fal Gore landed at the feet of a horned droid.

Similar in size to a K-2 model droid, there was very little about this droid to remark on other than his size and what looked to be a Mandalorian helmet etched into his left thigh. There were other similar etchings but they seemed faded, or rusted. His model didn't look exactly... new, or expensive.

An iron hand gripped into a fist and stretched towards the sky, as his pink eyes looked down at Gore's body and back up towards the stage.

"NO FREEDOM

NO PEACE."

A dozen metal hands shot up instantly, following suit. The same cry followed.

"NO FREEDOM

NO PEACE."

The few guards looking over the concert had formed a wall by the stage, and in an instant, the droids were upon them, pushing biting punching and spitting oil in an attempt to claw their way over security. A riot was breaking out.

SPACE
The Gilded Dragonet

Objective:
Make a Deal.

Gorba the Hutt Gorba the Hutt Ferro the Hutt Ferro the Hutt Hacks Hacks Toth Kizrann Toth Kizrann

A horned droid appeared on the holocomm. It remained silent, with his hands behind his back.

The scene of the riot was echoing through the speakers in it's face, and they glowed a little more brighter with each change in decibal.

He kneeled.

"Lo', praise his Eminence, him of TREMENDOUS size, of STUPENDOUS girth, and of MAGNANIMOUS stature - Lord GORBA the HUTT of the Bareesh Kajidic.

My name is Toltec, and my people need your help."

After giving one more surprising compliment, he went on to give her a mission to start out with. Something about it didn't sit right at all. How the hell could a crime lord like him be having trouble with a bunch of teenagers on Denon? Then again, there was that terrorist group that was giving the corpos all their days. With all of that in mind, it made sense why this was her introduction to the cartel.

"Heh... alright, bossman. Couple kids on a silver platter, comin' right up." She gave him a two-fingered salute as she turned to leave. "Heard there's some kind of party on Denon. Some senator that apparently got his head blown off. If we're lucky, that'll narrow the search a bit." She commented before finally leaving. A wave of relief washed over her, forcing her to lean against the wall as she released a long breath. A weight had been lifted from her shoulders.

She got her gig. A good one at that. She had to lie through her teeth, and botching this mission could get her killed, but it was all worth it. She looked around to make sure she was all alone before punching the air with excitement. "Kark yes..." She whispered to herself, walking off with a reinvigorated spring in her step.

/Exit thread

Xyoz Maji Xyoz Maji

Aktur Seii

ᴀ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ

PRIVATE APARTMENT
DENON

aktur_banner.png

"Mr. Seii, something's happening on the holonetwork," Said one of the individuals at the entrance to the apartment, one finger touched an ear, as communication was sent. "ShadowNet is lighting up."

Aktur turned and walked further into the lounge area. He motioned with his hand near a projector, which lit up and began to showcase holofeeds of some concert in Denon. While it might not have seemed odd at casual glance, there was focus brought to the fore regarding a number of droids, each of who seemed to be attacking security at the event.

"Curious," Aktur muttered, dark eyes narrowed. "Do we know anything else?"

The same guard shook his head in a negative.

"Let's continue to monitor the situation," The Crime Lord said, before he held up a hand and clicked fingers. "Wait. Send some eyes, I want our own holofootage from the event, not whatever the news reports or feeds us... get Deathstick on it."

"Yessir," The guard nodded. "I'll make the call."

"Has there been an update from the slicer, about the vigilantes?"

"Not yet, sir. I'll update you as soon as I know."

The development of the droids continued to unfold on the projector before Aktur, as he crossed his arms and leveled a steady gaze at the footage shown...

"Curious, indeed."

tO4VzEo.jpg

Gilded Dragonet
The Space Between Spaces

Hacks' felt her datapad buzz in her pocket. A sleek metal hand scooped it out and held the palm-sized device up as she checked her messages. Unknown ID, not atypical in her line of business. Attached files included holo-projection parameters of a recording she would later open, a list of alias' to be investigated, and lastly their worth. Fat stacks were being thrown down, and all she had to do was find the bounty hunter for the job. She tapped out a quick reply, nothing more than acknowledgement she would get the job done.

It was then that her attention was drawn to a thundering voice speaking to Gorba, a droid of a design she had not yet seen before. This Toltec was one she liked, and smiled as he praised Gorba on being the gluttonous monstrosity that he is. She slipped her datapad back into her pocket and crossed her four arms across her chest, watching, waiting to see what would be said next.

yGYay8D.png

Objective: Observe the concert
Attire: Clothing
Tags: Corin Trenor Corin Trenor / Yula Perl Yula Perl
"You know this kid?"
"She does, I presume you're her boyfriend?" he asked back dryly, unknowing that another Jedi was her boyfriend instead. Cartri knew Yula to a certain degree, the same could be said for him with her. A strange feeling came off the guy as it did with Yula, maybe this was also another Jedi who was looking to seek justice in Denon.

Cartri turned his head to Yula as she was mentioning about grabbing a burger. Yet, before she could even finish commotion came from down below. The ginger looked down to see the body managled body of B3-LL B3-LL getting unnaturally thrown into the crowd. The teen gasped slightly but soon narrowed his eyes to the scene.

"A wise idea... I fear what comes next won't be pretty"

P R I V A T E - B O O T H
"Makko, hey Makko."

He wouldn't have dragged himself out of the holonet easily if he hadn't been kicked gently in the calf. He blinked his eyes open and reached behind his neck to pull the interface free. The scene was very different to the one that had been there when he had closed his eyes.

The Fractal State was an extreme, anarchistic cousin of Darkwire. They were far more closely linked to the dark underworld of Denon. As busy making dirty credits as much as they were behind the anti-corporate cause. Not being sponsored by a corporation was one of the few things that marked them as different from a hundred other gangs.

On the sofa opposite him was a young devaronian girl sat between two brutes. When Makko had gone under the atmosphere had been light. Spice and ale spread across the table, a good view of the concert and the staff team told to leave them quite alone. Now it was quiet and tense.

"You see, Makko here was like you. On the ground, running spice. Now look, wears our colours, gets to sit in the box with us. Wouldn't you like that?"

Ah, thought Makko. This was why he had been roused. It was a lesson being dispensed by Jarrick, his boss. Not the boss of the whole gang, just the cell he worked with. He wondered what the girl had been doing.

"Makko didn't get here by overreaching and breaking the rules..." Jarrick continued.

That was exactly how he had got here, Makko thought silently, but he didn't dare interrupt.

"You were supposed to be on Pilth Street, not the concert. I got people working the floor already and you're in the way. So next time, you do as you're karking told, yeah? Hold out your hand. Makko?"

Makko stood up. He slipped a vibroknife from his jacket. The devaronian girl held out her hand. It shook violently, but Makko held her wrist firmly with his free hand. He slipped the knife between pinky and ring finger. When he thought no one was looking he offered the girl and apologetic glance.

Not because he cared; he didn't. On the off chance she became someone, he wanted her grudge aimed at Jarrick and not himself.

In one smooth motion he drew the knife upwards. She screamed. He only cut a few mil into the webbing between her fingers but it would hurt like hell for days. A minor warning for a minor infraction. He had two faint scares between his fingers. He had come very, very close to losing them.

"Next time..."

"Boss..."

"Dont interrupt when I'm..."

Jarrick's anger dissipated quickly when he looked through the glass down at the scene below. None of them cared about the death of Fal Gore, but they all wanted to leave the concert in one piece.

Last edited:
"Both of you shut up."

She was practically dangling over the edge of the platform now, primarily supported by her iron grip on the beam. Yula's cybernetic implants wildly scanned the uproar beneath them, trying to discern if there was something causing the droids to attack civilians. Hell, maybe this was some crime lord or political opponents revenge.

"All of us should leave." Unable to locate anything that could be causing the erratic behavior, Yula turned to Corin with a pointed look. On the verge of chiding him, she opted instead to fish through her pocket and foist a fistful of tiny EMP grenades his way. "Don't expect me to visit your grave," she bit out dryly. He was like Dagon when it came to chasing down leads, so she wouldn't have been surprised if he'd flung himself into the chaos below.

Then, she turned to Cartri.

"Let's get out of here. Something's telling me this'll be bigger than just one concert.”

Corin Trenor Corin Trenor Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll

He looked across to Yula oddly, his brow raised with a humoured awkwardness at Cartri's question though said nothing of it.

It may have been smarter to head out and return sometime later all with better preparation made, but anyone that threw on a mask in order to dispense their own form of the law was often not the smartest in the room whenever it concerned self-preservation. He rolled the small, spherical grenades around in his palm as if the lot of them were marbles while covered eyes bounced back and forth between the swathe of droids and in-resistance security officers. If enough to hold back the tide or not, Corin was far from interested to wait and find out.

Not often the gambling type.

"Not a chance," his arm waved over the horde of droids below and let the small EMP devices loose to scatter across their ranks. "Don't wait up."

Corin leapt from the rafters into the opening and onto the danger side of the blockade, what seemed to be some make-shift and modified stun baton in hand left to swat at the droids.

Yula Perl Yula Perl Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll Toltec Toltec

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom