Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Woot woot, Invasions are going down.

I won't lie. I helped nudge some people to war. So it's so nice to finally see some factions taking the gloves off in what feels like our first Major Faction super brawl. We've had some fights in the past, but I'd wager this is our biggest one yet.

So I feel the need to say some things.

We are collaborative writers. While your characters may be at odds, you as the writers should not be. You can't truly "win" in the terms of combat, or dueling. Not unless you both roll a dice, play paper rock scissors, or have an RPJ rule on each duel. It's also a rule that you can't kill a character without it's writer permission - see General Rules.

The only way you can "win" is by having fun. Having fun. That's a hell of a statement with many interpretations.

Many definitions, each as unique as the writer it belongs to. Sometimes it's a statement used to batter people from high up on your soapbox, claiming that nobody had fun because nothing went the speaker's way. Sometimes it's defined as only what the perceived victors experienced. Sometimes it manifests as a reward. Sometimes, it's just the ride.

I won't tell you what the definition of "having fun" is, I'd be wrong. Because no matter what I say, it's not your definition of having fun.

However, I think we can all agree that most of us don't hold "arguing", "raging", and "reporting things to Staff" as having fun. Your characters might be competitive. But we, as a community, should be collaborative. Cooperative. Work with each other. Talk things out. Don't demand things of one another - treat each other like you'd like to be treated. Like hoomans. And lastly...

...Have fun. ;)

NO%2BFUN%2BZONE.jpg

Well said Tef.
Let the fun (and war) continue!
I'm looking forward to all these Invasions and Skirmishes. They'll be the first I've actually participated in.

@[member="Elani Zambrano"]
Make Ire do it
Unless Circe begs Ven, she's still with the OP.
Not the Empire. So she'd count as an ally, but she's not from an allied faction.
But I have an Imperial character, if Ire isn't enough to make you go "yay"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom