Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Wisdom & Experience [Thurion Heavenshield]

Caedyn Arenais

C
Vessel: Blueshift-Class Assault Starfighter
Apparel: Caedyn's Jedi robes
Tags: Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield

Er6tw3E.png

A lone Starfighter shot down through the clouds over Midvinter, making its way down toward the city of Fridheim where he was due to meet with Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield . The older man was a well known and respected Jedi Master of the Order of the Silver Jedi, as well as being associated with numerous other Jedi establishments, yet here he was above all else, a King. This was the homeworld of the Heavenshields, a longtime friend of his former father, Veiere Arenais. Well-spoken of in every recording contained within the Master's Holocron, as well as personal documents now safely at home on Mnemosyne. For Caedyn Arenais, this was as much about paying his respects on behalf of his family as it was seeking personal solace in the wisdom and experience of a greater man.

Unlike most worlds spanning the known Galaxy, Midvinter was humbled by its lack of modern technology and the people were much more acclimated to a harsher way of life. Convenience wasn't so easily come by, and they instead relied upon the natural splendours that life provided, whether in themselves or by way of Midvinter, there was a certain peacefulness to the atmosphere of a world so much quieter in this sense, an honest living true to one's self and without the possibility of becoming dependent upon the use of droids or other marvels of the present age. The way his father had spoken of the World in his Holocron had already given Caedyn greater respect for the place.

The Starfighter set down on the outskirts of Fridheim and from there Caedyn disembarked to walk the rest of the way. Many would have seen his arrival and already he could see some younglings standing nearby the western entrance to the city, eyeing him curiously. The Jedi Knight had, of course, sent word ahead to the Heavenshields, requesting an audience with the King while explaining that it was of a low priority and personal need that he meet with the man. Simply put, Caedyn sought the guidance and wisdom of his betters, that he might better fill the role of a Jedi Knight in the Galaxy today.

"See that," the aged man asked the small boy, staring down the length of the flat piece of wood. The boy, wide-eyed with curiosity and hanging onto every word the elder spoke, nodded as his youthful auburn curls bounced. "Nice and even, all the way down the other end. But we can't make it too smooth, or there won't be enough friction to get them to stop."

Another nod from the boy. "Now then, got your sandpaper ready?" A third nod followed by a toothy grin as he eagerly held up the piece of rough paper, prompting grandpa to do the same. "Right, you get started on this one and I'll do the other one!"

Alas, no sooner had the two placed paper to wood than did the door to the elder's workshop slide open. A guardsman stood in the entrance, head bowed.

"Your Grace."

Slowly he set down the sandpaper. "Heavens, it's past noon already?" Sighing, he turned to the child. "I'm sorry, sweetie, I must go meet with someone. But don't worry, we'll give it another go in the morning!" Admittedly, the boy was disappointed but agreed to putting it off for now, taking grandpa's hand as they stepped out of his workshop.

"The west gate, sire." The guard then excused himself from the pair.

"Come here, you," Thurion plucked the boy off the ground like he were nothing, placing him atop his shoulders making him the tallest Valkyri in the land. Together they made for the western entrance to the city just in time to witness Caedyn Arenais enter Heavenheim, formerly known as Fridheim.

Feeling uneasy in the company of strangers, the lad squirmed letting his grandfather know he wanted to be let down, and proceeded to hug Thurion's leg, peeking out from behind over at the young man approaching.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn smiled at the sight of Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield and the young boy who seemed to withdraw behind the King of Midvinter; "It's good to see you again Thurion, it's been a while now..." Caedyn greeted the Jedi Master, approaching and offering the King his hand in a gesture that could only be considered one of friendship, the good old handshake.

"Thank you for allowing me to visit Midvinter...-My father once spoke of its beauty but it's something else to see in person. I don't think I've seen clearer skies atop such a pure land" he grinned, his gaze turning upon Heavenheim and the surrounding mountains.

"I see you're not alone either" Caedyn added, turning back to look down at the young lad, his expression growing warmer at the sight of the child. "And what might your name be, little one?" he asked curiously, soon glancing back up to Thurion for the lad seemed to be quite shy upon first meeting the newcomer.

The Heavenshields had been longtime friends and allies of House Arenais, a kinship that would never die before the last of his house was beneath the ground. While Caedyn didn't have the strongest relationship with Thurion, nor know any of his family very well, he would always offer them his best were the situation to call upon him. Thurion had his utmost respect, both as a member of the Silver Assembly, but more importantly as an individual well learned and experienced in walking the Path of the Jedi.

"Caedyn," the King welcomed the Jedi with open arms, happily shaking the man's hand while placing the other upon his shoulder. "You look well, my boy. Aye, these lands; whenever I leave on some journey, they always summon me home in the end. I'm sure your father felt the same about Commenor."

A wily grin crossed his lips upon mention of the small boy peeking out from behind his large frame, lowering a hand to settle upon the lad's head as he urged him to present himself to the stranger.

"This one is Thyri. My grandson." Ever was he proud to introduce his grandchildren, for they were the joys of his life. They were also living proof that his family's future was secure and would survive his eventual demise; the greatest wish of any father. "Care to say hello, Thyri?"

With his grandfather's reassuring hands resting upon his small shoulders, the lad collected himself and attempted to give voice to his thoughts.

"H-he-h... hel-el... lo," he was barely able to push through his crippling impediment, swallowing hard following the ordeal. Grandpa's smile softened into heartfelt empathy for Thyri's stammer, and as the boy turned away from Caedyn Thurion plucked him off the ground into his arms. "Good boy," he kissed his cheek.

"Forgive him, he's a bit tuckered out. We spent all morning working on his first pair of skis; poor thing was so excited he forgot to have his nap." Caressing Thyri's locks so reminiscent of his father's, Thurion beamed another bright smile at Caedyn Arenais .

"You hungry? Coci's busy with work over at the Jedi temple but I should be able to whip up some lunch. If nothing else you'll get to shake off the cold by the fire." With that he turned around and walked back the way he'd come, guiding the young Jedi Knight towards his home.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Thyri...-That's a strong name!" Caedyn said enthusiastically, smiling to the little one; "No doubt fit for a strong boy belonging to such a family! A proud name to be sure" he boasted with encouragement before standing upright once more and nodding to Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield at the mention of lunch.

"Nothing to worry about Master" Caedyn smirked at Thurion, calling him by title for emphasis to his next point, "I'm not here on Jedi business...-Well, not exactly. I've come for my own sake. You could say I'm at a crossroads of sorts, and in need of good company" he elaborated just a little, not wishing to discuss any possibly sensitive subjects with the young boy there to listen.

Following alongside Thurion, Caedyn looked over the village of Heavenheim, or perhaps it was a City by Midvinter Standards. The settlements upon this world were much smaller in comparison to other worlds he had visited, yet life here felt far more meaningful in the sense that nothing went taken for granted or without appreciation. Every effort was purposeful, at least in their day-to-day living compared to those who relied too much on technology and materialism.

"So...-What exactly does a Castle fit for a Lion King look like upon Midvinter?" he asked with a grin as they walked.

Cradling the young boy in his gentle embrace as they walked the street leading back to his humble abode, he listened intently as Caedyn Arenais gave vague hints as to why he had sought Thurion's presence, coming all this way to meet with him. "It must be an important crossroad indeed, for you to come seeking my paltry company so far from home," he smirked.

By the time the pair were coming up on his home, little Thyri had been rocked to sleep by the steady pace of his grandfather's footfalls, nuzzling into his chest for warmth.

"I don't know, you tell me. You're looking at it," he shrugged playfully before pushing the fence gate open to what appeared to be just another house, surrounded by a lush garden and a simple wooden fence cordoning off the private property. "Do mind where you plant your feet, the missus would be mighty displeased to find one of her flowers trambled."

Stepping up onto the porch, he turned the handle and pulled the front door open to invite Caedyn inside. "After you."

Once inside he walked over to gentle lay Thyri down on the living room couch, tucking him in with a soft blanket. "Please, make yourself at home. Let me just put another log on the fire..." He knelt down by the fireplace and plucked a pair of logs from the basket of firewood, shoving them into the flames. While there, he found himself staring into the fire as they licked the fresh logs.

"My son, Théodred... He named the boy after my brother, Thyrian. He passed shortly after having saved this whole world from destruction a few years back. His passing is the reason I am now called 'king'." Wiping his hands on his knees as he stood, he turned from the fireplace to find one of the armchairs facing it, gesturing for Caedyn to claim the other.

"When I stepped down as Grandmaster of the Silver Jedi, I always imagined myself retiring to this ancient world of my forefathers, spending the rest of my days as a farmer or fisherman. Things rarely turn out the way we intend, do they?" He leaned back in his chair and crossed his legs, basking in the warmth of the hearth with his eyes closed, looking like he was asleep.

"Caedyn," he spoke next in a relaxed tone. "You came here to ask me something, did you not? I am all ears."

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn wandered into the residence of Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield , walking ahead by his invitation and turning to step out of the way as he watched the Jedi Master set the boy down to sleep upon one of the couches, a small smile creeping over his face as he found himself thinking the scene was an entirely different setting from that which he had ever known of Thurion in the past. This was a far more comfortable setting, one where the Jedi Master was able to be the natural family man and Grandfather that he was.

"I don't think that any of my former expectations from when I was younger have played out the way I'd hoped" Caedyn agreed with the Jedi Master's statement, things rarely going to plan. He had been born into a life of politics and learned at a young age to dislike the game. His father had organized an apprenticeship with a Je'daii, and someone who Caedyn had been fondly attached to, only for things to yet change again and the Order of that time disband. He had met Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe and turned to the Silver Jedi Order, with no small influence of her own leading him there, yet these days she served under the Confederacy of Independent Systems and Caedyn...-Felt empty. Unfulfilled, despite all that he tried to do.

As Thurion moved to tend to the fireplace, Caedyn followed quietly. "I feel like I'm searching for answers to questions I know not how to ask" he admitted with a dry, soft chuckle, shaking his head slowly and turning to glance elsewhere for a moment. He had been in this position before, however back then he had lost a sense of belonging because the Order had been removed of him; Today his Order still remained, yet the feeling persisted too.

"I'm finding myself distanced from what I thought being a Jedi meant to me. It's not that I don't believe it's the wrong path, but more the fact that things feel without direction and purpose..." He frowned as he spoke, his voice gentle so as not to stir up the young one on the nearby couch; "On the other hand there are things I know I should be prioritizing, Valen and Kyra for example" Caedyn added. Thurion was a member of the Silver Assembly and would have been filled in on the details regarding Valen Arenais medical records, his blood tests coming back identical to those of Caedyn's fathers.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl was another matter entirely. His Padawan who had been as distant as Caedyn himself felt within, ever since venturing into Sith Space after her Sister with Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield , coming back to find the Concord and Silver Space somehow alien to her.

"Master Quell has suggested that I step away from the things that complicate my life for a time, to walk a simpler path and quieten my life so I might commune with the Force and better understand it's calling" Caedyn explained, having recently come from Jakku where he had met with Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill and spent a few days. He had seen fit to visit Thurion and Midvinter, largely for the Jedi Master's wisdom, but also as it was far away from everything he knew.

Twiddling his thumbs while listening to Caedyn Arenais, Thurion nodded sagely, eyes still shut. He'd learned to seize every moment of calm a long time ago. Only when he'd finished did they open.

"Allow me to let you in on one of the big secrets of being a Jedi: Nobody knows what it means to be a Jedi. Not even the most senior, experienced master can, beyond the shadow of a doubt, answer this question. I know I've heard more than my share of views from every generation, from the greenest padawans to the most powerful of grandmasters. Do we truly require justification for dedicating ourselves to what we feel is right, to believe in the things we believe in?"

Reaching across, he placed his hand upon Caedyn's shoulder, squeezing it for reassurance.

"Do we need a reason to wake up in the morning and want to do good; to share a kind word, or lend a helping hand? I don't think so. What I've learned over the years is this: It is not great power, or armies, or fleets that hold the forces of darkness at bay. I've had my share of battles to know this is not so. It is small acts of kindness that ultimately becomes the bane of evil, for a world without malice or contempt is a world in which dark deeds can not take root."

His hand now found that of Cae's, clutching it. He smiled.

"Truth be told, son... I'm not the one you should be seeking answers from. It's not my voice you need to hear. It's your father's."

He gave Caedyn's hand a gentle pat before rising to his feet to toss another log on the fire.

"Veiere's still with us, my boy. He's in this very room right now, in fact. He's waiting for you."

Thurion turned around to face the son of his old friend.

"I shall teach you how to communicate with him."

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn turned to look back at Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield in shock, not having in the least expected the Jedi Master to offer the opportunity to learn to communicate with his father who had passed on, returned to become one with the Force.

Only once had Veiere ever appeared since his death, and that was to their Mother who more than anything had needed his counsel. Caedyn had been showing her how to use the Holocron and instead of the Gatekeeper, the room had fallen dark and Veiere had appeared sharing far more than the knowledge that had been stored within the device.

"You can teach that? To communicate with him by will?" he asked, surprise sounding through his words as well as a clear sense of intrigue, his mind already made up that this was something he wished to learn if truly possible.

Thurion and his family had always been held in the highest esteem by his father, much like Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser had been. Unfortunately, Caedyn hadn't really been able to get to know them until much later due to his being with the Je'daii at the time, however, he would've liked to have seen Veiere interacting with them, and sharing in the knowledge they were all capable of offering.

There were few other Jedi that Caedyn could imagine capable of such intriguing and educational discussions on the Jedi ideology, and the thought of them all as a group together conversing, reflecting on their experience was a great opportunity lost to them now. Regardless, it was a kind, heart-warming image to imagine.

Thurion nodded, a soft smile on his lips.

"I shall instruct you as I was once instructed. This way, please," he beckoned Caedyn Arenais to follow him to the upstairs, passing the master bedroom. At the end of the hall there was a door far more elaborately carved than any other in the Heavenshield household, depicting the history of the Jedi; from humble beginnings, all the way to modern day. It depicted the Old Republic era, and the subsequent fall of the Republic and rise of the Empire.

It depicted the Jedi prevailing with the arrival of a new hope, and its centerpiece was the ancient symbol of the Jedi Order. All of it lovingly carved by his own hands. Thurion pulled the door open to reveal a circular room, largely empty save for the occasional memorabilia and trinkets collected over the decades. It also housed his lightsaber whenever not on his person.

"These chambers contain all that ties my family to the Jedi. Old memories cherished..." As was his custom, Thurion stopped by a wooden box on a nearby pedestal and briefly placed his hand upon it, caressing it.

"It is where I take a moment every day to hide away from my duties," he explained with a smirk, "and where I may seek guidance, and at times comfort, with the spirits of Jedi past. The more ancient the spirit, the more trying it is to contact them. The passing of your dear father, Veiere, is still recent. Finding him should not prove difficult, doubly so when his spirit wants to be found."

Thurion walked to the center of the open space and knelt on the floor, assuming meditation stance and gesturing for Caedyn to do the same.

"I must warn you, Caedyn. To communicate with departed spirits demands great focus; it requires delving deep into the Netherworld of the Force, and it is easy to lose oneself once so fully immersed. Especially when in the company of old friends and past loved ones," he cautioned, speaking from experience.

A firm stare across the space between them, imposing upon the young man the severity of his words.

"Are you ready to begin, son?"

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn entered the room in tow of Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield , listening to all that he had to say and yet also studying the carvings that were etched into the wall surrounding them. Thurion was among the most experienced of Silver Jedi to remain in contact with the Order, yet Caedyn had never known just how experienced. The Jedi Knight could almost sense the love and dedication that the Jedi Master had put into the craft of the room, the depiction of the Order's history, beautiful and yet also sad.

"It must be nice to have a family that is so connected to the Jedi" Caedyn responded, a small smile following the quiet words. His only real remaining family was Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun and his girlfriend Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe , yet neither of them considered themselves to be tied to the Jedi in the traditional sense anymore. Not only that, but Caedyn's history with the Je'daii, while cherished, also left him feeling a little saddened that he had not experienced growing up within a Jedi Enclave or Temple curriculum as his Father had.

Turning to look back to where Thurion stood, Caedyn eyed the wooden box briefly, though not seeking to pry into the Master's personal business, he simply nodded as he was then encouraged to take a knee opposite of him, adopting a comfortable position and resting his weight upon the heels of his feet, hands gently rested against his legs. A posture relaxed and ready for the meditation exercise to commence.

"I believe I am, Master Thurion" he replied. He couldn't be certain having never actually attempted such a feat, yet he felt there was no better time than the present. The Force had brought him this far and while he had looked forward to meeting with the Jedi Master for his wisdom and stories to be shared, Caedyn had never expected to be learning something this advanced, let alone anything at all, really.

Nodding in affirmation, Thurion commenced his lesson.

"Close your eyes," he began, doing the same as his hands rested on his knees. "We begin by clearing our minds of all things material, no different from when entering a meditative state. Leave behind all your struggles, your regrets, your heartaches. Let the calm waters of the Force lull you into a state of comfort."

His eyes opened briefly to check that Caedyn Arenais was following his instructions, then closed them again shortly after.

"There are three stages of meditation we must conquer before we may commune with the souls of the past. The first is the most basic of meditative states, the one taught to all aspiring Jedi from an early age. It allows us to introspect our actions, focus our minds, and find inner peace. Moving in and out of this initial state is safe, as if stirring from a gentle slumber."

"Once we have both crossed over into the spirit realm, I will contact you through the use of telepathy for further instructions."

True to his own guidance, Thurion allowed himself to slip into that familiar meditative trance so intrinsic to every Jedi dating back to the very first iteration. The burden of kingship, any worries for his children and grandchildren, and any regrets eating away at his heart were all lifted, easing his conscience until there was naught but bliss.

Once he'd sense Caedyn having entered that same state, the class would continue.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn gave a simple nod to Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield and closed his eyes as instructed.

It had been a long time since he had been under the tutelage of another, asked to meditate as though he were a Hopeful or a Padawan of the Order. His thoughts were moved to Lief Lief and Kyra Perl Kyra Perl as both were pivotal aspects of his journey as a student of the Force, one his Master and the other his Apprentice, both of whom he had shared many an exercise like this.

He needed to clear his mind, to remove his regrets and his desires in life away from the present moment. Instead, Caedyn focused upon his breathing, taking deep slow breathes and gradually slowing his pace overtime until his mind had eased and his body perfectly relaxed. He gave his consciousness to the Force and the room surrounding them no longer called to his attention. Not a sound, not a feeling, a true state of calm.

The Force flowed around them, connecting everything down to the very molecule. Caedyn's had expanded his learning in the past under the guidance of the Chronicle of Light in order to learn the art of Alkahest, and he had first learned to see much deeper into the threads of time and space with the aid of the Force, establishing such a strong connection through the gateway that was meditation.

In this place, his regrets no longer mattered. What was right and wrong were concepts left with his body, and where his consciousness wandered, he connected with that which simply was. Life. The Force.

A booming voice would appear within the mind of Caedyn Arenais, familiar yet ethereal.

"Well done, Caedyn. Your connection to the Force is strong. You will need that strength for what is to come next."

The incoporeal voice of Thurion continued the lesson, becoming more like its material counterpart with each word uttered.

"The second stage revolves around focusing on the person you wish to seek out among countless fellow servants of the Force. Think of it as having to sift through a list of names until you isolate the one you're looking for. As most of these spirits belong to persons gone for centuries, in most cases it requires deep knowledge of who they were in order to find them. The most powerful of sources however, is memories - fond or otherwise."

By now the corporeal form of Thurion would begin to form within this spirit realm the two had entered, just as Caedyn's did for him.

"Remember your father, Caedyn. Gather every memory you possess of him, from as early as you can recall. It... may prove difficult to relive some of them. He will sense your presence and seek to make contact with you. You will know when you have found each other, which will prompt the third and final stage."

Summoning the spirit itself.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn and Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield stood opposite one another surrounded by swirling energies of what the Jedi Knight could only assume was a place and stage of being entrenched in a meditative trance the likes that he had not reached before.

Perhaps it was due to the shared presence of another Jedi, or perhaps Caedyn had simply grown stronger in the Force over the years than he gave himself credit for, either way, Thurion's voice could be heard loud and clear and the sight of the older man was seen through something akin to Force Sight, the third eye that people often referred to as the Sixth Sense; For Jedi, they knew this to be the Force.

There was no shortage of memories where Caedyn's father was regarded; While he was much closer with his Mother, Caedyn spent more time alongside his Father most especially in the later years of the man's life as the two both served within the Order of the Silver Jedi. Thinking back, he tried to recall upon his earliest memories of WolfMortum WolfMortum , that of course being based on Commenor where he and Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun were born and raised.

Veiere had been a loving father and devoted husband to their Mother NPC Treasury NPC Treasury back in those times, never afraid to show his affections for the twins or his beloved Wife. He had also been made King over Commenor alongside Kay following their marriage before the Twins birth, and together they had ruled justly, Kay the politician and Veiere her strategist and overseer of military and naval operations for their homeworld's protection.

Some ten years following that, the memories of Veiere's fall to the Darkside were quick to come to mind. It had been a turbulent time for their family and for the Jedi of the Deneba Enclave who fell to the Dark Jedi Order that Veiere had formed from those that deserted. Caedyn remained resolute as the images came before him, one after another from Veiere's depression to his trial where he was accused of treason against the Commenor Systems Alliance, then after that his leave into Exile and a long period of absence from their lives for which Caedyn had resented him for many years, right up until the news of his death at the hands of Darth Prazutis Darth Prazutis .

The memories subsided as something caught his attention, distant as though it were on the cusp of slipping away again, requiring all of Caedyn's will and focus to keep within sight. "I've found him..." He responded to Thurion via means of telepathy, his voice quiet in the mind of the Jedi Master as the Jedi Knight remained focused upon keeping the presence within reach; "It's so faint, but it's him. His presence is unmistakable".

A smile from the Jedi Master's visage as he too felt the presence of his old friend. Veiere had indeed heard his son's call. Meanwhile, Thurion had himself focused his own thoughts on another Force presence even as he offered guidance to the young Jedi Knight. He too was ready for the final step.

"Now, for the third and final stage, you must mold these memories into the person around whom they revolve. Will your father into being, and he will answer your summon. He will appear to you as you remember him, and you will be able to commune with him. Tell him of your fears, of your hesitations, and let him comfort you."

Placing a hand upon the young man's shoulder, Thurion would then step aside to allow Caedyn Arenais a moment with his father. Just as the ghost of Veiere would eventually come into being, so would this other person Thurion was summoning from the great beyond. Someone he had spoken to on countless occasions. Someone he'd lost far too early in life.

A
dark-haired Epicanthix woman appeared before him, and the King knelt before her as he always did, holding her such high esteem. Her kind smile radiated like the sun as she came into view, reaching out to let her fingers caress his bearded cheek. Thurion lifted his gaze and returned the smile, becoming that small boy she'd found on Pelagon all over again.

"Master."

Caedyn Arenais

C
The corporeal form of the Jedi Knight nodded in acknowledgement and affirmation to Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield 's instructions before the Jedi Master would distance himself to allow Caedyn the time and privacy to commune with his father.

Such a thing he had not thought possible, having only heard of chance meetings during great times of need with those of the netherworld. To speak with his Father at will, it was still sinking into Caedyn just how pivotal such an ability would be for any Jedi and relative of a lost loved one.

Reaching out with his left hand, Caedyn sought to concentrate upon the space before him, his head dipping as he drew strength in the Force, and from the memories he held of his Father, calling upon that distance presence and seeking to summon him to the point of focus before him.

Every memorable moment they had both shared in life together, every emotion good and otherwise invoked from their experiences, all the spiritual energies being channelled to the one spot just a short distance in front of him.

"I know you can hear me, Father. I need your help. Your advice" Caedyn whispered under his breath, the words needing not to be spoken aloud for their meaning to reach the spirit of WolfMortum WolfMortum , but doing so out of habit and a means to assist Caedyn in his harnessing the will to call Veiere forth from the netherworld.

"Yes, I have noticed Caedyn...-You're so very like your Mother, more than you realize".

Veiere stood before the Jedi Knight, translucent in form yet otherwise clearly defined and very much real. Depending on one's understanding of the notion of what is real, in any case. The air around Caedyn Arenais had grown dense, heavier as the presence of Veiere's spirit had crossed the veil from the netherworld and into the living plane.

"The questions you are struggling with are those that many Jedi find themselves asking at a certain point in their lives, and contrary to what you believe, the state of the Jedi was not quite so different from what it is today. Different names, different faces but the same concerns and fears that kept them apart" Veiere disclosed to his Son, Caedyn not needing to speak his mind for his Father to understand what he had been experiencing. In his own time, it was questions like these that drove him into a dark place, a place that he would very much see that his son avoided in the future.

"You need to let go of these things you cannot control and instead focus on those who need you, those you can help. Regardless of the politics, there will always be Jedi and there will always be those who are reliant upon them. Spend your energy serving the people, not the past nor seeking to impress those who do not understand you" Veiere concluded, sensing that he had unloaded a great deal as it were and his Son needed to comprehend all that had been offered him.

Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield

Much of their conversation was made in silence as master and apprentice exchanged words and meanings through looks and gestures. Theirs had been the greatest of bonds when she were alive, knowing each other's heart and thoughts with but a glance. She'd been his saviour when he was at his lowest, the light in his life growing up amongst Jedi on Coruscant.

She was his one and only Master, but even more so she'd been a mother to him, raising him and even adopting him; a kindness Thurion had returned on several occasions throughout his life, adopting first Nina Heavenshield Nina Heavenshield and later Valae Heavenshield Valae Heavenshield , both of whom were orphaned by the time he met them through a chance encounter. They are as precious to him as his natural born sons.

Thurion had by now risen to tower over the Force ghost, nodding towards Caedyn and the other presence. His master beamed another smile at her aging padawan, cupping his cheeks and placing a kiss upon his forehead, telling him how proud she was. They embraced until her spectre faded back into the Netherworld, leaving her son to his thoughts.

After bidding farewell to the dark-haired woman, Thurion stepped over to where Caedyn Arenais and his father were now communicating for the first time since the elder's departure. Happy to see his old friend again, he stood beside the younger Arenais and bowed his head to the ghost of Veiere.

"Ever the wise counsel," he spoke once the father had offered it. "In death, just as in life. Hello, old friend."

His hand reached out to settle on Caedyn's shoulder, gripping it firmly.

"I will watch over this one for you, good brother. House Arenais will not fall, nor your legacy. I swear it."

"I'm glad to see you again, Thurion".

Veiere smiled and bowed to the Jedi Master, having shared history with Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield , Coci and Théodred, all of whom he held in the deepest of respects.

"The well-being of those who remain are what's important, and I thank you for watching over this one"

He replied, turning to look to his Son as he followed on the subject of legacy.

"The reputation we leave behind is not so. People will believe as they choose, yet my Son must keep his mind on the present and what good he can do. Another generation of Jedi will follow when he is no more, and what comes next will be their responsibility. The concept of legacy is a distraction, care of self that will be a hindrance that clouds the boy from seeing what truly matters".

In life, Veiere had also been concerned about his legacy.

That of his family's history and their name that would live on long after his death. It was natural for the living to concern themselves with such trivial worries, yet no longer was he limited by the restraints of the physical plane, one with the Force, able to see much farther than ever before.

"I cannot give you the answers however Caedyn, these are lessons that you must learn in your time, of your own experiences, if you are to grow as a member of the Jedi. These are the trials of a Jedi Knight, the acquisition of wisdom alongside a truly disciplined mind. Before you hope to bring peace to the Galaxy, you must first find it in yourself".

Caedyn Arenais

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom