Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter's War

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Domino"]

"River's of blood, cities turned to ash and all of the death will never be enough. As much as jedi preach for there to be peace and being the protectors of it they are not always. The jedi try to protect people who can make peace and because of their own freewill they will make the same choices again and again. Usually to the detriment who would make different ones rewriting history so they were the ones who were always wrong." She looked at her and at the mesh as it was being made with a small grin on her face. "Hopefully though aside from just a new weapon something like this could be used to engineer a wave of peace. If everyone is wearing unbreakable armor that can protect them then maybe they will start to listen to each other instead." She doubted it would happen but you never knew.

That wasn't what Domino had needed, if anything it was just proving the point to her mind and it showed on her face. "Weapons evolve to suit the armor, we've seen it time and time again. The question is just how costly its going to be. Your vibro-knife, my Jakko Hunter for example. Then there's the adage 'always a bigger gun.' Vehicle mounted weapons will prevail through sheer force and energy, ship mounted will blow those away..." Then she grew silent, withdrawing again into thought. High cost and choices made of free-will, perhaps there was something there. But how to make the cost outweigh the benefit? That would be how you made peace, force war to be the least desirable option.
[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Domino"]

"I can see your thoughts or at least what is on your face and sadly you are correct. There will always be a problem, always a larger more powerful piece of technology. Just means you are to try and find something that can unite everyone which is usually credits or something common." She had found it a harder thing to do then she wanted to admit but they could work on it maybe. The displays were showing the machines as they were working on some of the things here and there. The wintrium was being analyzed and the chemical makeup shown on the displays when they were sitting there. She had all of the work and maybe higher grade weapons would be developed to go through it.

Mmm, yeah, a common cause might get people to set aside their differences. At least for a little while. Credits wouldn't do for Domino though. The big movers already had vast sums and they would only motivate the smaller players until either the credits ran out, people thought they had enough, or a better opportunity came along. And even if you did unite people, that only lasted until the unifying force was dealt with and in the meantime die-hard believers still held out. Ugh, she'd deal with her emotions later and gave a roll of her shoulders while sitting up straight again as if to shrug off her dour feelings.

"How do you think the weave will hold out against that omni-breaker you mentioned earlier?" The design had sparked interest in her more than the weave they were overseeing had. Domino was a knife girl at heart really and she appreciated a well made blade that held function as well as form.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Domino"]

Matsu was looking at her as the screen came and she brought a case up as a droid brought it in. Holding the blade as it was classified as a dagger but it was pretty lengthy with a little extra weight from the cells. "I think it will prove one fo the most invaluable tools for breaking through it. As a weapon it is designed to slice into the molecular bonds instead of just piercing it." THat was one of the big things she was wanting for it, a way to stop and counter her own technology like her glaive that can shut down pretty much anyone using the force tesh. "Don't want to make something without a proper counter and we should be able to work with it like many of the other things we have made."

"Why? Then someone steal counter and boom, no more happy times for you." Domino carefully took up the knife and tested its balance, switching from a traditional grip to a reverse one, and back several times before spinning it around and grounding the tip into the table. "Interesting," she commented as she inspected the divot. "What'd you use for the blade and do you think the high-frequency emenations will have any effect on the crystalline structures of winterrum? Probably need tuning don't you think?"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Domino"]

Matsu looked at her while she looked at it and. "As a rule of thumb it has been tested against it, the mesh we have used and aged thirteen thousand years within the maturation chamber and it was able to be cut into it." They had continued to test it from there and it was strong, one fo the other goals was with the mesh to fully integrate it into their products and equipment. "The one we have made from the wintrium itself into a dagger has been far more effective as it doesn't shatter slicing into it." Matsu stayed at it watching her while she sat there turning the blade over in her hand. "As for the rest, yes everything will continue on and using this will mean someone else will make a bigger and better thing but my master once told me something before she turned to the darkside and stabbed me in the chest." Matsu was looking at her echoing the words of Chora. "Take the universe and grind it down to the finest powder and sieve it through the finest sieve and THEN show me one atom of justice, one molecule of mercy. And yet... you try to act as if there is some ideal order in the world. As if there is some... some rightness in the universe by which it may be judged. That is the way of the jedi trying to simply control the tide of chaos."

That pulled a sardonic chuckle from Domino. "Sounds like the one good line of a B-rate holo-film villain trying to justify their actions. But that last bit makes it sound like you think it's better to not try and control the chaos, so should one surrender to it and be swept along with it? Or should you prevail to become the chaos?" Pressing the activation stud of the dagger, Domino again pressed the tip into the table. It was a bit like cutting fruit she decided. The bit after you got through the tougher outer skin and into the meat of a melon. Not hard or difficult by any stretch of the imagination, but with some resistance to let you know there was something there besides air. She left the knife there after switching it off, leaving it stuck half way through the table and studied it again. This time really focusing on it down to the tiniest of details using Art of the Small. Observing the blade and edge on the molecular level and how it pierced through he atoms of the table.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Domino"]

Matsu looked at her with a nod of her head and shrug, she understood some of it but well the problem of it. She didn't like the idea of leaving the chaos but she was practical enough to realize that the jedi could only do so much. There wasn't enough of them across the galaxy to handle every problem where the danger and darkside could arise. Instead they could only really work on many of the bigger things. Needing to use some of the writings and lessons of some of the ancient jedi... one being you can't help everyone without causing harm to them. It was terrible but at the same time sometimes you couldn't get everything you wanted or needed and needed that kick to push yourself forward as Matsu sat there with some more of the mesh being brought in to them. They had been working on all of the things here as she showed Domino some of the other work the researchers were doing to make it into a meshed weave that would function with everything.

Or maybe that wasn't what Matsu had meant. Her silence spoke to an uncomfortable line of thought brought on by her words. Or perhaps not. Domino figured she could just be reading into things too much again. "Anyways." She said activating the knife again while still observing it under art of the small. "I should probably stop ruining your table." She drew the knife back out and turned it off. Yeah, she definitely wanted to create her own version now. Something truly nasty for up-close brawling, this one was practically art and that wasn't her style when it came to personal equipment. Priorities though, she should probably finish her new home and base of power before she needed to get stuck in again. "How's my old company treating you anyways?" Domino asked as she handed the knife back. "I've been keeping up with the press releases but they don't go into what the owner thinks."
[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Domino"]

Matsu looked at her giving a small grin on her face. "Oh it is treating me very well we have created a new line of hospital ships and stations able to help the people as well as nearly fully self sustaining resource stations. For mining purposes, foodstores and agricultural needs. We have also made a ground jeep with synthweaving in it so the phrik plating is stronger. With the mesh we are workig on if we can make it just right we are looking to build it into a far superior force construct." Matsu sat there and looked at a couple of things they had when she pulled up the designs from Phenex along with some of the other things they were making. She had a few other ideas that the company was making and designing with a small look on her face.

"Phrik plating on a jeep? You must be doing well if you're tossing it around like that." Standing again, she looked out over the lab they were in and at the beings quietly going about their work. Matsu's work. "I'm glad," she told her friend. "Phenex was like a family, lot of good people there. And, the better yall do, the better my stocks," She joked with with a smile. Plating phrik with a weave wasn't something Domino had considered before. To her it had already been strong enough as it was, now backing it with something to overcome electrical or ion attacks that'd by-pass it was something she had looked into recently for another project and had pretty much settled on the Tenloss TAA applique that she'd used on the Charioteer light tanks.
[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Domino"]

"Yes we put it on a jeep along with a synthweave that allows force users to turn the jeep itself into a larger conduit for surviving hits and letting them focus. The lighter weight frmae is able to give it higher levels of speed with a mounted weapon we are able to work with." They had loaded it while going through the lab she was thinking about what it could be paired with and well if all went well the mesh would be superior and able to allow them to weave it with different pieces of equipment for materials that might give them stuff like emp and ion resistance. Or they could work to make their own if they did it right. She had some ideas but there were a number of other pieces they could and should be able to use. "Your former employee's are family and we have everything for them to keep working and are trying to make it stronger. Make more credits and we have developed new modular housing for them and their families that they can get for free and have their own food, water, air and housing taken take of for as long as they want the housing."

"That's good," she nodded again. "I don't think any of the others vying to get ahold of Phenex would have been nearly as good for it. They'd have stripped the company for profit or worked it to dissolution for their own goals. Practically a parasite that one, surprised he didn't trip over his own ego. Hmmm, that actually reminds me. Ookarwa still work there? He's a very nerf herder-ish head engineer. Absolute genius with engines and power systems which is pretty much the only reason his team puts up with him, technophiles that they are." Domino doubted that the other woman had had time to get to know every engineer out of the thousands that were employed by Phenex all over the galaxy, but Ookarwa tended to stand out and the housing changes would have had him logging protests like they were free lottery tickets even if the changes weren't mandatory. And well, he was in a sub-sect of R&D, the division that most people liked to pay the most attention to because of all the shiny toys.
[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Domino"]

Hahaha Matsu did have to agree, the meeting for who wanted to take ownership had been interesting to see. "Yes the others in the auction were interesting to say the least, the others I cannot speak of their intentions of what they would have wanted to do." She continued to walk and looking at some of the other designs they were doing while feedback from the different facilities that were setting up breakdown operations to get the materials needed for the production and operations on other worlds. They could then ship it in tanker haulers with a small bit of interest as designs for what they could use it all on. "Yes, everyone there originally is still there with new bonuses as well as their own job security. THey get more vacation time and new meals catered to the facilities daily." As well as more perks to give them many more things when she clasped her hands behind her back going over all of it and there was a skyfall down in the facility. The jeep was light, fast and Matsu pointed towards the tripod with a back mounted weapon that could be changed as needed. "It is made to be protective and for different needs, anti vehicle caltrops with baradium, anti sithspawn and ship cannon or an anti infantry E-Web."

"A bit spy gadgetry isn't it? Not that I'm bashing such, I've just always been more a fan of the spies that git by on skill and wit. More to admire in a person that gets by without a need for all the toys." And never mind that she had once been such an infiltrator for the Rebellion centuries ago. Where a decent portion of her skill set had originated. Not that anybody knew these days, not since Razelle had absconded. "Anyways, I should like to borrow him for a bit for a project I'm working on. It's a bit hush-hush for now but I'll show off for you later if you like."
[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Domino"]

A spy gadgety... hmm not a bad idea and the jedi master could get behind that while she was looing at Domino. "Perhpas but there is nothing wrong with tools and small tricks. it can help if you lack the skills needed like some other." She wasn't opposed to all of it and thinking about what they could do well... she knew a great deal about how to work with her own skills from being a shadow and she had even observed the silver shadows... who made it kind of seem silly and like they were playing at it but they focused on a different skill set. "Though at least no silly codenames or safe houses." As for the man well she could spare him, he worked well and offered a lot in terms of what they were doing. "If you need him for something please go ahead, he I am certain will be glad to work with you again and never know he might come up with some more ideas."

Yeah, Domino knew that look. She'd just given the Jedi an idea. "Not likely," she said about Ookarwa. "Always said I was a meddling task-mistress. That I kept giving him these really unusual ideas that he then had to figure out. I think he secretly liked the work though, made him feel like he was the only one that could do it. I'll be sure to pick up his wages for the duration though." And that was what she'd come here for secured. Friend helped (as useful as her poking holes in designs could be), new inspiration found, and technician secured. All in all not bad for a few day's travel. "Anything else you need help on before I head out? I could damage a few more tables if you like."
[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Domino"]

Hmm did she need any of of the other ideas they had poked at while she thought about it tapping her chin and going to the skyfall. "Well I do need someone to help test out some of the other things. These skyfalls we have been working on how to make is a little more improved with speed and looks. Any and all feedback you could offer while driving it and using one would prove invaluable and it has equipment we have made loaded up for whatever purposes or needs you might have outside the lab in different environments."

Skyfalls? "What are those? Drop pods?" No, she'd never heard of someone driving one of those, riding yes. And then there was the mention of equipment useful outside of labs. "Some sort of exploration vehicle?" Standing, she gathered up her cloak and several odds of hers that'd been scattered about during their discussions. A stylus and data pad and the like.
[member="Matsu Ike"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom