Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Winter Solstice Festival | Eshan

Scanning life through the picture window
Aldric was more than happy to get Merion out of here. He knew he’d have to come back to be the good son and help Celeste handle mom. And apparently Auntie Ibbie, who up until this day, Aldric was fairly convinced was a fabrication. But apparently not. Still, good to know there were others who were not a shining example of royalty and the throne.

But for now, he was ready to follow his brother.

Grabbing a few pieces of food from one of the servers and indicating that there was an appearance of Grandma Ashin, a very outrageous lie, but with a bit of a nudge of the Force, a few people would believe it was true.

“The scenic route?” As he followed Merion

Merion Oreno Merion Oreno Ibaris Varanin Ibaris Varanin

Merion Oreno

where do the hound dogs eat
B7vMtly.png

“The scenic route?”

The scenic route involved skidding down that palace hedge at unseemly velocities, in the dark. Merion struggled to keep his robe properly wrapped, a struggle that defeated him. He crashed down to the lakeside in a flapping of tailored cult regalia. Gulping air, he pried off his Isopter mask and squinted into the gloom. There was Aldric, on his way. Merion felt a deep and surprising relief. Had he really thought Aldric would stay behind after all? Hadn't Merion's big brother always had his back?

That anxiety, he figured, came from knowing that Aldric had one foot in each camp, inside and outside the palace, dutiful and wayfaring. Not a sustainable position, or a comfortable one, and much of that discomfort was squarely Merion's fault.

"Thanks for the exit," he said as Aldric caught up. He rewrapped his robes carefully but didn't put the mask back on, just let it wobble at his hip. "I couldn't do it tonight. Mask, I mean."

A breeze caught the lake and splashed Merion's boots. His dampening robe became heavier.

i4GUF5O.png

Eshan
div-orange.png
Outfit: Winter Coat | Wedding Ring
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"Alright, I surrender."

Gasp.

Valery carefully eased up the tension she had around his body, almost as if she was expecting him to bodyslam her into the ground despite all of this. But when he didn't, she hopped off his back and looked at him with the most smug grin she had, "I did? I did!" She laughed and wrapped her arms around his waist for a tight hug. In all of her joy, she didn't even realize that she was lifting his entire body off the ground.

She also forgot, for just a moment, that he wasn't wearing a shirt, and that she was still in rather spicy lingerie.

When that realization kicked in, Valery set him down with her face beet red, but her eyes still focused on him. The spar had got her blood pumping, and despite those ribs that were more than likely bruised, she looked at him like she ready for another round. A different kind of round, though.

"Why don't you put some clothes back on, and carry me out of here?" Valery asked, a second or two before she jumped him again. This time face-to-face, with her legs and arms more gently tucked around him, uncaring that it made it impossible for him to actually get changed.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Loomi Loomi
alexboarder.png

i4GUF5O.png
Braze set his boots aside and stepped in to the Snow and offered Loomi a smile as he held a hand out for her. " We'll go slow okay?" He encouraged. He understood enough of the dance from observation that he could replicate it with ease and confidence. He didn't mind taking the lead and showing her how to step. He would draw her close and give gentle instruction and help her move to position. After a few tries Braze would let up and let her move more on her own and he would offer encouragement and praise at even the smallest of victories.

Last edited:

<Found it.> Cato repeated, finally holding up a craggy little stone, pale cobalt in color. The warmth of it traveled from his palm, down his arm and to the res of his body, spreading what little reprieve it could give from the cold waters. He held it closer as he swam over to Inanna, examining the (non-magic) pebble she had fetched. <Think so?> He mused, unable to cross-reference his own eyes with the stone.

<You a professional rock collector now?> He smirked, <Still got some searching to do, or do you wanna get outta here?>

Holding the pebble up for comparison with his eyes, she nodded. <Beautiful.>

<You a professional rock collector now?>

She smiled, the bubbles emerging from his mouth carrying her laughter up to the surface. <I suppose I’ve always been one. There just aren’t that many rocks to collect on Nar Shaddaa.> What with the whole moon being a city and all. <I'm surprised I never got around to showing you my collection...

<Oh, I’m all done.> Kicking her feet, she grinned as she swam past him. <Come on, I want to show you my rock collection!>

i4GUF5O.png

Eshan
Tags: Braze Braze

Loomi_divider.png

"Okay," Loomi nodded, taking Braze's hand.

She almost immediatey began to match his steps, even though they had yet to start. An openness of the mind, letting their bond in the force take hold and dictate her movements. She'd go off of instinct. After all, Loomi had always found more success when she wasn't overthinking things. The Godoan was just gonna go with the flow.

"Aren't your feet cold?" she asked.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Loomi Loomi
alexboarder.png

i4GUF5O.png

Braze's eyes sparkled with a hint of mischief as he gently drew Loomi closer, taking the lead with an ease that belied his words. "A little? This is nothing," he said, his voice light and playful. As they moved together in harmony, Braze guided Loomi into a graceful spin, creating a moment where the world around them seemed to blur into insignificance.

Braze's smile broadened, filled with genuine joy and affection. He was completely immersed in Loomi's presence, her company the only thing that mattered in that instant. She could feel his mental shields falling away to being completely open to her. The way he looked at her, with eyes full of admiration and a hint of something deeper, spoke volumes of the special bond they shared.

As they twirled together, lost in their own little world, there was a sense of innocent love and connection between them.

"I suspect even a proud mandalorian would be humbled by the elegance of their martial art."

Master San Tekka led the young warrior to an echani ceremonial dance. Neither of them understood the local folk traditions, but each move flowed like water. It was easy to see how the same techniques could be applied to deadly effect. Zark glanced over to make sure Atin had not wandered off.

"Do you want to know why they call them handmaidens?" he asked, "They were daughters of a great general who once fought your people a long time ago. Each swore an oath similar to yours, serving a Jedi Master as her protectors."

Bonfires cast strange shadows off the dancers creating an almost ethereal quality to the performance. Dances like this one were happening all over Eshan. He even spied a couple of young padawans joining in the spirit.

"Violence can be beautiful," Zark said without taking his eyes off the dance, "But it is only beautiful when it is necessary."

Last edited:
"I suspect even a proud mandalorian would be humbled by the elegance of their martial art."

And it seemed that Master San Tekka was right, as usual.

The elder had guided Atin towards some sort of ceremonial performance, a 'dance', but only a fool would mistake those movements as merely for show. With an exacting eye, Atin watched carefully. The way the dancers' weights shifted, how their muscles rippled and tensed just before a mock strike would have slammed home. These too were warriors.

"Do you want to know why they call them handmaidens?" Master San Tekka asked as Atin continued to watch. The Mandalorian grunted and gave a nod in response, never peeling his eyes away from the display. The shadows seemed to join as well, ghostly participants in an ancient rite.

"Violence is violence. Nothing more," Atin responded gruffly. "There is beauty in motion. In power, maybe. But not in violence," Atin looked away for a moment, and glanced at the old Jedi. "We Mandalorians know this well, Jedi." A pause, as Atin's eyes wandered back to the dancing figures. There was no violence there in there movements. Their motions could be made to injure, maim, kill, but they did not. "Who won? The Mandalorians, or the Echani?" Atin asked, wondering how that long-past war had played out. At least if the Mando'ade had lost, it was to worthy opponents.

Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka

htoasM6.png

Objective: Reflect on the past
Tags: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania
div1.png

"No, not between us thankfully"

His thoughts were on Thelma alone, not anyone else. It was certainly possible that Silas could have stayed with Thelma, but that would have required him to more than likely leave the order. It was obvious which one was the most rewarding. Yes, a wife and kid were a precious thing to have but that could easily be along with the dreams he is trying to achieve here.

Choosing to keep his eyes on the calm waters, Silas hesitantly answered "She didn't feel comfortable with the Jedi environment after being exposed. Thelma was already uncomfortable to begin with and that only got worse leading towards the incident. Wanting to be free, she chose to go back to her homeworld and help out there. Along with that, I made a vow not to chase her..."

Calmly picking up a stone, he lightly hovered it above the water and stared at it as the edge lightly rippled the water below "Love can be so fragile, once it breaks it could prove to be the making or the ending of you. Right now, I don't where I fall under this..."

i4GUF5O.png

Eshan

Loomi_divider.png

Loomi just closed her eye, allowing her body to move on it's own as Braze lead her along. Complete synchronization, as though their two forms for a brief moment could mold into one being. The sensation of Braze's mental shields falling warmed her soul, and as her lone eye opened she couldn't help but return an affectionate glance and a warm smile.

But as their minds swirled together, a more somber feeling came to Loomi's heart. There was so much that she wanted to say to Braze in time, but she couldn't yet. Not before she told him about the things that haunted her. He would see them eventually.

There was no sense in hiding them.

"I... need to tell you why I don't like fighting, actually," she muttered as they danced, her pace slowing in a manner that would shift their tempo. "I-I don't remember it well. My mind is still... fuzzy. The people who... who took me from my home. They were punishing me for something, I think. I-I'm not sure why. I woke up strapped to a table... and my legs were gone. They were different, a-and everything hurt. So I screamed... and they all flew back. I... heard the sound of their heads... dislocating as they hit the walls..."

Her mood had shifted. There was a look of terror on her face now. It hardly mattered that it had been self defense to Loomi. The fact that she did it still horrified her.

"I killed them," the Godoan exhaled. "I-I didn't know that I could. I've... never been more terrified of myself before."

She didn't deserved to be looked at by him so warmly. Not with what she was capable of.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Loomi Loomi
alexboarder.png

i4GUF5O.png

As Loomi's pace slowed, revealing the depths of her trauma, Braze instinctively matched her rhythm, his movements seamlessly aligning with hers. He listened intently, his presence a silent pillar of support, allowing her the space to voice her haunting memories. There was no hint of shock or repulsion in his demeanor, only a profound sympathy and a sense of shared understanding that enveloped her.

As Loomi's words trailed off, Braze's aura transformed, emanating a warmth and tender affection that enveloped them both. Gently, he guided her into a graceful spin, leading them to a gentle fall into the soft snow beneath a tree, its branches heavy with snow. They sat close, sheltered under the wintry canopy.

"It's okay, Loomi," Braze whispered, his voice soothing. "I'm so sorry for what they did to you. You didn't deserve any of that." His words were spoken with a conviction that resonated with deep empathy. "That's part of why I'm with the Jedi," he continued, his tone soft yet earnest.

"My parents were terrified of what I could do during my tantrums as a child... the dangers I posed, even then. They didn't want to deal with the risk... they didn't want... me." Braze's voice held a note of reflection, as if he saw himself far removed from that youngling he once was. He embraced his journey into adulthood with a sense of responsibility that belied his years.

"We're just... different... from others," Braze tried to articulate, searching for the right words. He gently took Loomi's hand, examining it with care before intertwining their fingers. His thumb caressed the back of her hand in a comforting gesture, his green eyes meeting her singular eye with sincerity.

"You couldn't help what happened. You shouldn't blame yourself. They were bad people, and the Force... it's not something we can always control. It's not truly 'ours' to command. Sometimes, things just happen beyond our control..." Braze's voice was gentle, yet firm in his reassurance.

In this moment, beneath the snow-laden tree, Braze offered Loomi not just words, but a promise of dedication and support.

"That's why practice is so important... to learn to better control what we are cpable of... to better... contain it.... so bad things don't happen. "

Zark considered the mandalorian's rebuttal. He offered no argument, adopting an inscrutable expression which often frustrated Atin. They could at least agree on beauty in motion since the evidence danced before their eyes. Sometimes the Jedi Master wondered if their differences were too great but then there were rare moments like these which almost verged on common ground.

"Who won? The Mandalorians, or the Echani?" Atin asked, wondering how that long-past war had played out.

"Neither," the old master frowned, "Your people were ultimately defeated, but although he won many battles the handmaidens' father was betrayed and murdered by a Jedi named Revan."

At least he was asking questions. It troubled Zark to think of Revan's folly in these dark times. Every Jedi who wielded a blade knew to fear that total loss of control. During the ancient Sith Wars they had been crusaders but it wasn't until the mandalorian conquests that the Jedi had chosen to become soldiers.

"Eshan did not know peace for many years. Only one handmaiden survived, yet her teachings still live on."

i4GUF5O.png

Eshan

Loomi_divider.png

"Yeah..."

Braze was right, of course. She had done what she needed to do to keep herself safe. Even still, taking life was something that was going to haunt her forever. Loomi didn't know if she'd ever be able to get over that. Now beneath the canopy of a tree, Braze shared some of his story, one of abandonment by his family. She couldn't help but share that sentiment after recent events. After all, Loomi knew where she came from too now.

"I... understand," she sighed. "I-I found out who my mother was recently, and... well, I'm not allowed to meet her. She has chosen to refrain from contact to maintain ritual purity or... or something like that. Because I was taken from their temple and exposed to the outside world, I guess I lost my purity. Even though I didn't even get a choice..."

Her eye began to well up with tears. She couldn't help but recall what that senator woman had told her that day. To be told she had a family, then to have any hope of meeting them and having a normal life be dashed in an instant...

It had been soul crushing.

"I know it's silly," Loomi admitted, "But sometimes it feels like nobody in the galaxy wants me."

She sighed, laying her head on Braze's shoulder.

"I'm glad you're here with me though."

wb1.png

TAGS:
Loomi Loomi
alexboarder.png
Braze's expression turned thoughtful upon hearing her words. "Perhaps writing a letter might be a good idea?" he suggested gently. He reached out, his touch kind as he softly stroked her hair. "You know, I want you around," he offered, his voice warm and reassuring as he continued the soothing gesture.

Braze paused for a moment, his demeanor reflective. "I've come to realize that blood ties aren't the be-all and end-all. Choosing your own family, surrounding yourself with people who genuinely care, that's what truly matters. And if your blood relatives don't see the value in that, then it's their loss, not yours."

"The love was there. It didn't change anything. It didn't save anyone, there were just too many forces against it. But it still matters that the love was there."

Cora shifted slightly, settling her legs beneath her. She watched Silas wrap his fingers around a smooth stone, its edges having been honed down by the river's current.

"I'm sorry." It was all she could think to say, but it was earnest. Love had been one the most painful, complicated emotions she'd ever dealt with, and Silas was in the thick of heartbreak right now. "I never knew that she was suffering."

Thelma had always been quiet, but a kind spirit. She'd visited Cora while the latter had been imprisoned on Ukatis after the murder of her husband, and didn't offer any judgement. Only a pair of wool gloves to keep her warm which she still cherished.

Cora drew in a deep breath.

"I think it's…normal to feel like you are now. Lost, I mean. Even if it is a wretched feeling…"

She tilted her head to the side, away from Silas, and grimaced a little. That likely wouldn't help him.

"Can I ask, what was your best memory of her?"

Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

i4GUF5O.png

Eshan

Loomi_divider.png

"I don't know if I wanna write," Loomi sighed. "Not... not after what they told me..."

"You know, I want you around,"

Her heart swelled at this. She knew it was true, of course, but it was reassuring to hear the words spoken out loud. All of this confusing business about blood ties and family, all of which she very much struggled to wrap her mind around, didn't really matter at all. Loomi had found herself a place, one that wasn't concerned with how she adhered to some silly guidelines nobody ever taught her about. More importantly, she had friends.

But Braze especially so.

"Thank you," she muttered. "That... means the world to me. I l-"

And then her tongue was tied. She had tried to say 'I like you,' or something to that effect, but she subconsciously stopped herself. Why? It was true. Loomi did very much like being around Braze. The Godoan's face became red with embarrassment and she promptly turned her head away.

"I appreciate your company," the Godoan finished. "Yeah."

Yeah.

Atin needn't even glance in Master San Tekka's direction to know he'd dawned that indecipherable expression of his. As far as Atin felt, that face was worse than his own resting look of perpetual annoyance. At least then people could guess (usually incorrectly) at what Atin was thinking. With the Jedi though, it seemed more likely that he could shoot a porg from two kilometers than guess at what he was thinking. Atin's face only soured as he watched the dancers, and ignored his master's presence until he deigned to answer his question.

Revan. Now that was a name even Mandalorians knew, and had recorded in their histories, though so much had been lost. A great warrior, a great leader, if the Mandalorian recalled correctly. But Atin hadn't had an education like his peers to know the man's history, not had he heard of the Jedi Revan murdering anyone, and briefly Atin wondered at what had drove the Jedi to do so. To kill without honor. It seemed against their code, and the way Master San Tekka seemed to quiet even moreso than his usual soft-spoken self confirmed it to be so. Though still curious, Atin chose not to press about the Jedi Revan.

Instead, it seemed more philosophy was in order, though perhaps it was only a mistake that they returned to such ideas. "Most things worthwhile find a way to go on," Atin replied. Whether by reading the Echani's movements, or instinct, or feeling the swell of the gathered crowd, Atin could sense that the dance was approaching its climax. "Some unworthy things too." A hint of bitterness clung to Atin's voice. "You Jedi have survived many attempts to stamp you out," the man went on quickly. "I suppose that would mean there's something of worth in those teachings of yours. Or maybe its your magics."

wb1.png

TAGS:
Loomi Loomi
alexboarder.png

"I appreciate your company too. " Braze chirped softly and he sat up and moved to try and pull his shoes on and save his feet and toes from the cold.
"What's next on our agenda for this evening?" Braze asked softly deferring to Loomi to see if there was anything else she might like to do here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom