Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Winter Solstice Festival | Eshan

i4GUF5O.png

Eshan
Tags: Braze Braze

Loomi_divider.png

"What's next on our agenda for this evening?"

"Something warm," she admitted with a laugh through chattered teeth. "I-I can't deal with the cold for much longer. A fireplace sounds nice."

The cold was a lot for her, even bundled up. She was small, had considerably less bodymass to keep her warm with the loss of her legs, and had very sensitive antennae on her head. It was a perfect combination for her to be increadibly sensitive to low temperatures. Bundling up infront of a fire sounded like a great idea right about now.

"Unless there's anything you wanted to do?" Loomi asked.

Kina held tight to Aris' hand. Her lungs burned for air, skin still slightly tingling from the cold water. She kicked her legs as hard as she could, hoping it might aid in their ascension. She broke the surface with a sharp gasp, hand still tightly holding onto Aris's all the while. Her chest heaved with each breath, aching, even as she settled at the surface, turning to her friends.

"You two.. okay..?"

Aris Noble Aris Noble | Vera Noble Vera Noble

B7vMtly_1.png

Eshan
div-purple.png
Tag: Kina Ropal Kina Ropal Aris Noble Aris Noble

Vera desperately reached for her brother's hand, her eyes filled with fear, but also determination. Once she felt his touch, she held on tight, and pulled herself closer to make it easier for him to launch them up. As soon as they began to ascend, she started helping as much as she can, but several feet before they reached the surface, Vera began to slip out of consciousness. Her vision blackened, her grip on his hand loosened, and she lost her ability to reach out to them.

But Aris managed, and pulled them out of the water before it was too late.

Vera gasped for air and coughed while she floated in the icy water, her eyes calmer but still with signs of worry, "I-I'm okay..." she stammered after a moment as he turned to them.

"Thanks, Aris," Vera quickly added with a little smile. "Let's get to shore and grab a towel. It's way too cold in here."

GADividerPurple.png

He could tell they were loosing their breath. It was only fortunate that he could, in turn, keep his own just long enough to get them through the surface of the water. Even he started gasping for breath, though he smiled wide once he got some control over his breathing again. They did it. All three of them did it, together.

"I'm okay. .. We did it, though. All of us."

He blinked, glancing to Vera. Then nodded. Right, the water was cold.

"Yeah, let's go warm up. You think they have hot chocolate?"

Vera Noble Vera Noble | Kina Ropal Kina Ropal

Loomi Loomi

Braze gave a soft nod, a hint of his usual brashness subdued by concern. He had a bunch of ideas buzzing in his head, but he didn't want to drag his friend through the biting cold any longer than she could bear. "We could find a place to warm up, you know? Maybe grab some hot chocolate to sip on," he suggested

Master Zark nodded sagely at the young mandalorian's wisdom. They both witnessed a dazzling feat of acrobatics to conclude the performance. When he spoke, the fires reflected off glinting eyes.

"There are many kinds of strength," he said, "Long ago the echani learned this. Our galaxy can be a harsh place and there is more to survival than a few sorcerer's tricks."

If Atin knew half of the horrors seen or champions overcome by this old man, he might speak with more respect. It was not the Jedi way to boast of such feats however so Zark endured the glib mockery with typical stoicism.

"Something which unites your people and mine," the old master raised a finger, "Our shared belief in prophecy. What magic could be stronger?"

"There are many kinds of strength," the Jedi said, and Atin took a moment to glance over towards his elder. Flames danced in his eyes, holding Atin's gaze. "Long ago the echani learned this. Our galaxy can be a harsh place and there is more to survival than a few sorcerer's tricks." Atin's jaw set like stone, the muscles clenching as Atin's eyes slid back over to the performance.

Survival was indeed more than just sorcerer's tricks. It was dirty, disgusting, filled with blood. Enough blood to flood the planet. But some things can't survive. No one could ever outrun life. Childhood, innocence, naivete, all of those died in time, and there was nothing anyone could do to save them. Least of all in this galaxy.

The lifting of Master San Tekka's hand drew Atin's attention again, the words accompanying the raised finger draw a cautiously curious look from the Mandalorian. "Our shared belief in prophecy. What magic could be stronger?" Atin frowned and turned away again. "My people may believe in prophecy, but I don't." Someone else controlling his life, the lives of others. It was both sickening and infuriating. "If prophecy exists then so does fate. And that would make Fate a cruel mistress. Or maybe she's just fickle." Atin shook his head as the performance approached its close. "There's not such thing as prophecy. Just random chance, and our own doing."

Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom