Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windows 10 Club

In Umbris Potestas Est
So I went to sleep four hours ago and woke up half an hour ago to find that me and my mother are now totally part of the Windows 10 Club. We've both got it all installed and whatnot... Who else has upgraded?

Kinda want to, but i'm afraid Win10 won't be compatible with half of the crud installed on my pc. I'll be waiting 'til I hear everything is updated.

[member="StoneGlory"] [member="Coci Heavenshield"] [member="Asemir Lor'kora"] [member="Darth Vornskr"] [member="Enigma"]

I've heard that Windows 10 is heavily reliant on the Cloud.

Not doing that bullcrap. I've got games (namely Final Fantasy 14) that run badly on W10.

Basically, unless they very dramatically patch that, SWTOR, and STO to fix it, I'm not doing W10 installations anywhere.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Works great. But my active RAM is still sitting at 2 GB and holding steady. That's a lot more than my usual. Guess I'll have to sit down and turn a few of these apps off eventually. :p

Bunker-level Normal
Kha'ro said:
Am I the only one who still has Linux? Jk, anyway, no more jokes. Am I the only one who still has Windows 7?
Dual-booting Ubuntu and Windows 7 here. I haven't booted into Windows, except to run one program on one occasion, for about six weeks now.

I'll probably grab my other Windows laptop and try the W10 update there first.

Kha'ro said:
Am I the only one who still has Linux? Jk, anyway, no more jokes. Am I the only one who still has Windows 7?
I'm still on Win7 Ultimate. It works great and I'm going to wait a few months for the Win10 bugs to get sorted out before I upgrade.

Bunker-level Normal
Asemir Lor'kora said:
I'm honestly not sure still is appropriate unless you're talking Vista or XP. Most people skipped 8 unless they were forced into it (by a new computer) or are the rare type that actually enjoy it.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
My Windows 7 Ultimate Edition is still packed with functionality, and it's almost completely compatible with all the programs I use (particularly Legacy software, but also all my games and such as well). Until I know that most of my games and applications have been optimized for operation on Windows 10, or that Windows 10 has been given backwards compatibility with these in the same way 7 has with XP, for instance, then maybe I'll consider upgrading.

Until then, W7U is better and more stable; there's no reason to replace it right now. :p

My computer boots up in under 60 seconds as it is anyways--without an SSD OS--I won't really care if 10 is faster.

Captain Jordan said:
I'm honestly not sure still is appropriate unless you're talking Vista or XP. Most people skipped 8 unless they were forced into it (by a new computer) or are the rare type that actually enjoy it.
That's true, but it's been like 6+ years. I tried Win8. It was horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom