Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wild West Ruleset Update #5: Mandates

BLOCKADE

Strengths: When attacking, a faction imposes a blockade on the opposing world, effectively tying up all naval vessels and locking Player versus Player engagements to the ground.

Weaknesses: When defending, the faction can only deploy sub-Star Destroyer naval units to address enemy fleets.

Great League of Peace

Strength: A faction with this Mandate can form a Confederacy with other neighboring factions; members of these factions do not cost ally slots in one another's dominions, invasions, etc.

Weaknesses: All neighboring factions (members of the confederacy) must choose this Mandate and they can not have more than two full Hexes as part of their Territory.

[member="Tefka"]

Adrian Calipsa said:
Science Dominion
Strength: This nation has figured out a way to neutralize the Force through science- within its territory the Force cannot be used, similar to how ysalamiri function.
Weakness: It's a catch-all solution, meaning allied Forcers have the same issue as potential invaders.
While I love this idea, and it would be great for leveling the playing field for FUs and NFUs in some invasions and the like, I feel like the entire territory is a bit too much. Maybe just a certain area like Benevolent Dictator?

Raziel said:
Crime Syndicate Strength: Bounty hunters, mercenaries, and smugglers do not count against this Faction's Invasion Requesting Aid slots when defending or attacking. Weakness: Bounty Hunters may track down members of this Faction with bounties in this Faction's Dominions, Rebellions, Faction Threads and Invasion freely. Bounty Hunters do not take up ally spots when hunting down this Faction's members in Invasions.
This is dope, but it'd be hard to track who's a BH, merc, or smuggler. With the new tag system, anyone can park the rank under their name, and editing a character sheet is just as easy. I love the idea, but it'd probably get exploited – that being said, I'm all for implementing it and seeing how it fares. If it gets abused, it'll get removed.

Technocracy
Strength: In defending Invasions and Rebellions, the members of this faction all receive a Voidstone to help them combat attacking Force Users.
Weakness: When launching an Invasion, the opposing faction can designate one planet in the hex which becomes a Force Nexus for the duration of the Invasion.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
How about

Droid Army
Strength: Droids and AI from this faction do not count against Invasion Requesting Aid slots for factions they come to help when defending or attacking.

and

Guaranteed Droid Equality
Strength: Droids and AI do not count against this Faction's Invasion Requesting Aid slots when defending or attacking.

Because then at least it makes sense why droids would have a bonus helping a faction that guarantees them equal rights as organic citizens, and it wouldn't be so ironic that although you have a droid army as mandate, if your faction is mostly composed of droids then the mandate is more or less useless for you since it's more likely that an organic would come to help you than a droid who would probably be already within your faction.

Alkor Centaris said:
In the spirit of the Wild Wild West, I'm gonna throw out an idea that might get a few people hot and bothered.
Or piss a few off.Lawless Territory
Strength- A Faction that chooses this Mandate consents to allow open season for Player Kills in its territories. A double edged sword, this means "join rebellions, invasions, or dominions at your own risk." Players who join threads in the area consent to the possibility of their character dying. Not a Mandate for the faint of heart.
Emo Justin Bieber is onto something, me thinks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom