Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Wide Awake [Invite Only]

Chancellor Emerita / Advisor of State
gold_texture_2_by_stock_pics_textures_1.png

934a498d72860cf8de1afdba68bee335f6344006.gifv

Wide Awake
Intensive Care Unit // The Alliance Federal Medical Facility // Coruscant
Auteme Auteme // Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe // Mirana Praji Mirana Praji // Ishana Chandra Ishana Chandra // Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau

GADividerWhite.png

If there was one thing Adhira Chandra had always personally (and professionally) despised, it was the feeling of being untethered. Whether from the gravity of a planet or the heft of her responsibility, it was not in her nature to be so weightless as she was in that moment. And yet, as she lay there, unconscious, floating through the vast emptiness of her own mind, she felt a certain and wholly new sensation of euphoria. Since the visions stopped -- visions of her husband, of her combative interactions with the Sularens, even her affectionate first interactions with her protege Auteme Auteme . After a time the visions had all ceased. For nearly a month now, time and space had floated past Adhira without any notice from her perception and she was suspended in an infinite void of peace.

And yet... today... something pulled at the consciousness of the former Chancellor as she lay in repose in the high tower of the Alliance Federal Medical Facility on Coruscant. She suddenly felt reminded of her former life, her former waking life. Not all was clear to her, but the whir of medical machines came into auditory range and the flicker of the Coruscanti sun through the blinds flitted just beyond her eyelids. And deep inside her mind a feeling of waking took her. It was uncomfortable, it was something she wanted to ignore entirely, but something that she could not shake.

"Is she?"

"No... merely an involuntary-"

Adhira Chandra's dark brown eyes slipped open suddenly, stopping all conversation in its tracks. She blinked. Her vision was blurry and the light of the setting sun made her head ache, but she could make out the shape of a medical droid peering down at her. There were shadows beyond, figures she felt recognition for. "Oh my.." she could hear a robotic voice very close to her left ear as cold metallic arms prodded at her. "Get your fucking hands off of me!" The old woman's stiff but still-nimble arm swung out at the droid, sending it flying across the room and the exertion winded her. Her eyes closed again and she heaved for breath, her body completely unready for the sudden burst of movement. She heard the hiss of door and the sound of boots.

Several hands - living this time - began to take her pulse and feel her forehead. "Ma'am... Ma'am... are you awake?"

"I am... I'm fine... I- help me up..." the Senate Guards who had rushed to her side took her under each arm and sat the former Chancellor up against the headboard of the hospital bed. Adhira could feel her greasy hair slide down over her face, but it felt good to finally be in a different position. She was awake and the memory of why she had been asleep started to return to her. She took the risk of opening her eyes again and this time she saw Auteme, her daughters, and a... distantly familiar member of the Senate looking back at her. Along with a number of cerulean clad Senate Guards and several stunned medical droids and doctors.

"Why are you all looking at me like that?"

Last edited:

“…then I’ll follow up with the Parliamentarian’s Office.”

Out in the hallway, Aerarii Tithe nodded as his senior chief of staff gave him an update via comlink. It was another busy day in the Chancellory with all the usual trappings of a Senate sitting session. Add to that, the insistent questions from holojournalists about when Tithe had last visited Adhira in the medical centre, necessitating today's public visit.

“Yes, well we need an answer,” he replied. “I know the consitution is untested, but if she doesn’t wake up, or worst…”

The sound of yelling suddenly emanated from Adhira’s room. “Ohh my, yes I’ll call you back.”

Tithe ended the call and hurried into the room, where medical droids and physicians were attending to the Member for Balmorra. He stood back and allowed them to work, craning his head to try and see what was going on. Senate Guards surged forward at Adhira's command and helped her to sit up, at which point she turned to Tithe and demanded to know what he was looking at.

It was a good question.

He was looking at his predecessor, who had brought him on as Vice Chancellor and paved to way for his ascension to the leader of the Galactic Alliance. She was his Senatorial colleague from across party lines, with the two of them working long into the night to keep the Senate and the Alliance intact. She was a woman who the medical droids had given little hope after falling countless floors from her office window during the Attack on Coruscant.

She was Adhira Chandra, and she was back.

“Why, you of our course my dear,” Tithe explained. He snapped his fingers at an aide. “Summon the Vice Chancellor and Finance Chair.” The senior Senate leadership needed to be advised as soon as possible. He stepped closer to the bed. While her body may still be recovering, Adhira’s spirit seemed as strong as ever. “How are you feeling?”

if they're watching anyways

Auteme stared in disbelief as Adhira sat up. Her visit felt a touch frustrated -- she'd wanted a quiet moment, not to barge into a busy check-up day, the Chancellor's children visiting, and the sitting Chancellor himself showing up. It'd been a long few months since she'd last seen Adhira. The fact that she was awake...

It'd make for good headlines. But, more importantly, Auteme was seized by a joy and relief. In a sudden movement she surged forward, past the Senate guards standing nearby, and embraced the friend and mentor she'd missed so dearly. Her exhale released the compounded weight of every hour of worry and every anxious thought she'd had. She hugged tightly.

"I thought I might never see you again," she admitted. "I'm glad you're back."

She drew out of the embrace, but stayed close, as though if she left Adhira might disappear once more.

SetoHeader12.png

Seto Du Couteau, Senator of Empress Teta
Action: Preparing Statements and Reports, Visiting the awaken Chancellor
Attire

JiGZUcY.png
“Let me double check that possible release comment. . . .”
Seto’s quizzical look scanned the data-slate, it read straightforward with little to no hint of the true purpose of the note. “The Committee of Commerce and Fiance wishes for the speedy recovery of Chancellor Chandra as she is being continually monitored. The Acting Chancellor Tithe will for the foreseeable future continue to lead. . . blah blah. . .Seto wondered how tedious it would be to write this sort of message in thirty different versions. He’d imagine it to be quite tedious, especially when the future seemed rather concrete.
He gave the aide a single nod, “Alright, I’ll send you a notice on which to send.”
Seto quickly turned and headed upwards to the lift. The young Du Couteau heir was impressed by Chancellor Tithe’s dedication to the public opinion, seeing the good Chancellor Chandra at her sick bed. Oh how it would move the hearts of the masses. Seto already imagined the headlines and articles, it would generate quite the buzz and possibly even move the markets by a few points.
War was a dreary and terrible to constantly hear about, a respite of all that humbug was needed with how close the holidays were for the citizenry. A show for the people of the Alliance that the leadership have remained strong and resolute through it all; and a sense of hope that tomorrow may yield even greater things. It was all a perfect image of glamour to inspire the Alliance, and something that was needed for any Senator that wanted to win their re-election on their planets. If they need to win. Seto smirked to himself, remembering the latest reports from Teta has he read an urgent message from the Chancellor's administration.
But I wonder why I’m being called up by Tithe. Seto was curious about the state of Adhira Chandra, but that was simply for the correct comments and reports to release to the News. Chancellor Tithe could have simply sent me a report, not asked for me to meet him in Chandra’s medical room. Of course Seto knew better than to ask questions when the answers would be made clear when he arrived.
The lift finally reached the floor and Seto quickly walked towards the comatose Chancellor’s medical room. There were several more guards than normal, and a buzz was in the air but Seto mused that perhaps something had gone amiss so extra caution was taking place to assure no rumors escape the medical facilities. Entering the room Seto’s eyes saw Chancellor Tithe, the Jedi Auteme, several medical staff and a certainly not comatose Adhira Chandra. His cerulean eyes going wide, Seto froze in place before he remembered his years of trained instincts and offered a low bow.
“Chancellor,” Seto said after he rose from his bow. “-A most miraculous event, a gift from the Force.” He smiled, the corners of his lips twitched slightly. He had remembered during a previous meeting with his aides that a question was brought up about whether Chancellor Chandra would wake up and how would they respond. It was considered highly unlikely, and at the moment Seto realized that he should likely check up on that statement.
Walking closer to the gathered group Seto turned to Auteme and smiled brightly with a nod, “Auteme, always an honour.” Before he turned to Tithe and offered an affirming nod, the Markets waited for no one and with the news of Chancellor Adhira waking, the ripples would create massive waves. No single digit points, but double and perhaps even triple in some cases. The young Du Couteau heir could already see the headlines for the evening's News segment; "Chancellor Adhira Chandra awakes after visit from Acting Chancellor Tithe. The Tithe Effect Works On Medicine just like the Markets?! More at 7."

|| Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe | Auteme Auteme ||

Vice Chancellor of the Alliance
cic3xf.png

tumblr_opqoc05Eim1vwvwruo1_400.gif

Federal Medical Facility + Coruscant

Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra // Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe // Auteme Auteme // Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau // Ishana Chandra Ishana Chandra

GADividerWhite.png

...Senate Committee Chamber 237 B - Special Committee on the Collapse of the Confederacy of Independent Systems...
In an otherwise empty chamber in the painfully unremarkable Committee Hall 200, the vastness of Committee Chamber 237 B was being filled with the sage whispers of roughly a dozen Senators who had gathered to discuss the fall of Confederacy. There was no audience for this meeting and it was doubtful that any of the billions of citizens across the Alliance were watching at home. It was a uniquely boring topic upon which to base an entire committee. And yet - at the center of the crescent shaped committee desk was perched the Vice Chancellor, her flowing golden locks woven intricately above her head and held in place with a bouquet of lilac and periwinkle plom blooms.

"The Senator from Roxuli is recognized for 10 minutes..." she droned when one of the other legislators had finally stopped speaking about the downfalls of the confederate systems of government. Yet, just as the buxom human woman from Roxuli perked up to speak into her mic, a Senate Guard interrupted the proceeding by leaning down into Mirana's ear. There was a near inaudible back-and-forth between the two as she tried to make sure she was not having auditory hallucination, but when she was certain she stood.

"My apologies, Senators, but the Chancellor has called me away for a matter of national security... let the record reflect the committee has adjourned. We will reconvene at a date to be determined." There was a low grumble, but with a snap of her gavel she hiked up her skirts and turned to head out the door behind her podium.

...moments later at the Federal Medical Facility...

The door wing that led to the Chancellor's room was guarded by Tithe's guards and hospital staff had already started to gather just beyond the check point. She brushed by with no resistance from the guards. It was hard to confuse someone as... elaborate as Mirana Praji with anyone else. When she entered the room it was all she could do to stop from screaming in surprise to see the Chancellor - er - former Chancellor? sitting bolt right up. Her eyes darted between Adhira and Aerarrii for a moment before she dropped into a curtsy. "Madame Chancellor... a welcome sight, ma'am." She rose and nodded at Tithe, "Chancellor," she said somewhat quieter, unsure of the protocol in this moment. "How are you feeling?" she decided to redirect the awkwardness elsewhere.

c98ef57e33867860d8850a3d1514ceb1dbdde85f.gifv

Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus
Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe // Auteme Auteme // Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau // Mirana Praji Mirana Praji // Ishana Chandra Ishana Chandra

GADividerWhite.png

The old woman sensed that she was far more irritated in the present moment than she ought to be -- especially given the remarkable circumstances of her being awake at all. Her head felt like someone had cloven it open and the feeling intensified as her vision came into focus. Still, she could now make out the forms of Auteme, Tithe, her daughters, and the other Senators who stood closest to her bedside. Her daughters pressed into for a brief moment, backing off when they detected their limit had been reached with their still whirling mother. And Adhira felt herself squeeze a hand to her right... it was Auteme's hand and the girl was saying something about never seeing her again. Adhira mustered a reassuring smile.

"I... ne-...d...am...-ment.." her voice was hoarse and her throat burned with dryness, but she swallowed and tried again. "I need a moment.... everyone... out," she waved her hand at them all and the medical staff - useful for once - ushered everyone save her relatives out of the room. She allowed Auteme Auteme to stay. Her daughters helped her comb her hair, adjust her face, and slide into a more comfortable - more suitable outfit for receiving guests. "I saw you often... in my dreams, you know," she said quietly to Auteme, "you flittered by, but you were there, keeping me company I think." Adhira smiled at the young girl as her daughters put the final touch on her hair. Finally they helped her perch on the side of the bed before allowing the others back in.

Adhira looked no more amused now than before, but certainly looked a deal more threatening now with her signature wine colored lips and coifed black hair. As her guests reentered the hospital ward, her jet black eyes scanned each of them in turn before landing on Tithe. "To answer your earlier question, Aerarii," she smirked, "I've feel like I've been kicked in the head by a fucking bantha... but I don't suppose I can complain given the circumstances."

"Did we win?" she was quick to follow up, eager to finally learn the outcome of the Coruscanti attack that landed her comatose for weeks.

Seto and Mirana answered the summons to attend Adhira’s bedside. The two would be vital to plotting a course through Adhira’s recovery, Seto to guide the markets as speculation ran rife and Mirana to whip the Senate. The other Committee Chairs and Ministers would be briefed by the end of the day on Adhira’s recovery.

They were dismissed for a moment so Adhira could speak to her daughters. Tithe took the time to strategise with Seto and Mirana. “A joint announcement is in order,” Tithe proposed. “Yes, across party lines.” He turned to the Member for Coruscant. “I propose we coordinate through your office my dear. My holomedia team are at your disposal.” Tithe’s gaze shifted to the Member for Empress Teta. “The GAMA board will need to meet ahead of the market opening, ohh yes. With Coruscant extinguished the last thing we need is the markets to go up in flames.” The Galactic Alliance Monetary Authority would need to be at the ready if there was a run on the banks.

They were ushered back into the room, with Adhira asking how the Alliance had fared during the Brotherhood attack. “They were driven from Coruscant,” Tithe explained. “And… well, the damage was considerable.” The last of the fires had been extinguished and rebuilding had commenced, but it would be some time before the scars of the attack were erased.

“But I fear…,” Tithe started, looking to the other in the room. “I fear that the attack may be the least pressing of our nuisances.” A lot had happened in the aftermath of the attack - the fractured relationships with the New Jedi Order, the dissolution of the Bastion Accords, and the revelation that Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis had manipulated the Senate.

If the messenger was to be shot, Tithe fully intended to share the duty around.

"Yeah," she said, her throat beginning to close up, "yes, I was here." The brief visit she'd had felt like she was so close, almost ready to pull Chandra back into the world. Sleep was oh-so-close to death, but even in her comatose state, Adhira had always seemed ready to impart another piece of wisdom on Auteme. This was far better. Overcome with emotion, she started to cry; hardly the proper woman she projected to the press and her fellow representatives, but it was just a touch too much. It was ruining her makeup, too.

She started to calm down once Tithe started to catch Adhira up to speed, but his hesitation opened up room for reflection. So much had happened. So quickly did the galaxy pass by. How could they possibly explain it all? Adhira needed time to adjust.

"A lot has happened," she said, finding her voice again, "and... perhaps we should go over everything someplace more appropriate -- and secure." She glanced to the Chancellor, offering him an out. "Perhaps, ah, we can cordon off the press, and get you home?"

It struck her that the Chancellor's official residence was occupied. "Or maybe just the Chancellor's office."

SetoHeader12.png

Seto Du Couteau, Senator of Empress Teta
Action: Preparing Reports, Visiting the awaken Chancellor
Attire

JiGZUcY.png

Chandra’s return to consciousness was a miracle, and perhaps a boon for the Alliance to further gain stability for the hectic months to come. Or an even more hectic market when all of this is announced. Seto mused on a few possible futures; while more stability would bring better investments and overall economic growth, Chancellor Chandra was not a corporatist like Tithe. A possible idea of a slow-down would bring on a bear market of risk-averse investors, for a short while before the market once again changes when Chancellor Chandra’s economic policies become revealed.

We can worry about any potential "changes" and course corrections later of our fiscal policy.

Either way, the Galactic Alliance would see a rather interesting few months. Turning his attention to the acting Chancellor Tithe, “-Yes, I will give the proper channels ample time to prepare themselves for an announcement. I’ll keep it vague enough so leaks are inconsequential.” Seto responded. The press and the greater Alliance would know about the awakening in due time, but the proper channels and specific groups that needed to know before the “due time” required plenty of preparations.

“I’ll be right outside if you need me, but in the meantime I’ll make a few calls to keep the press away until we’re ready for a full announcement.” Seto added as he offered a deep bow to Chandra and Tithe. He turned to the Vice Chancellor and offered a quick bow and one to Auteme as well but with a warm smile before quickly leaving towards the door.

The moment he heard the door close behind him, he pulled up his data-pad and went to work. Damn the incoming reports from the Finance Committee, he needed to assure there weren’t going to be any Market freezes or trading halts.

|| Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Auteme Auteme | Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe | Mirana Praji Mirana Praji | Ishana Chandra Ishana Chandra ||

Vice Chancellor of the Alliance
cic3xf.png

de3af879532513093b375b15b36d4e823df761d9.gifv

Federal Medical Facility + Coruscant

Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra // Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe // Auteme Auteme // Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau // Ishana Chandra Ishana Chandra

GADividerWhite.png

"Yes, of course, Chancellor... I will put together a press release at once," the Vice Chancellor snapped to attention when she realized that Tithe was speaking to her. As loyal as she had been to Adhira and as much as everyone had hoped she would recover, even Mirana could see how her waking at this moment complicated things for everyone. And everything. The Charter of the Alliance had gone through a number of tests since the inception of the Galactic Alliance - elections, treason, investigations, dealing with unruly Jedi - but succession had not been one of those trials. That Tithe had so smoothly transitioned into the office was one thing, but now with the person he had been acting for awake...

She pushed it from her mind as they were summoned back into the room. For her part, Mirana cast her eyes to the floor rather than look at Adhira and let the others do the talking. Not much talking to be had though as they all seemed to fumble over how to break some of the most pressing news to the Chancellor? Former Chancellor? Chancellor Emeritus?

"Actually, Senator Du Couteau, I think I will join you... there is much to be done in the Vi-...." she paused, her face frozen in the formation of a V before smiling, "in my office."

"It is so good to see you awake.... uh... Adhira... so good..."
she nodded at the older woman and then respectfully nodded to Tithe before taking her leave to the antechamber of the room where she promptly found herself a place to sit.

7e61b30b6969791ab63b617aceb9e43982ab16e0.gifv

Waking Moments
Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe // Auteme Auteme // Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau // Mirana Praji Mirana Praji // Ishana Chandra Ishana Chandra

GADividerWhite.png

Adhira looked sideways at Auteme as she gingerly suggested a change in venue while Tithe was bumbling - as always - in the background. She searched the young woman's eyes and felt uneasy at what she found. Then... she noticed that everyone was hesitating. Like they were all second guessing their own words, walking on egg shells with her. It was famously something she could not stand. The Balmorran began to tap her finger on the durasteel railing of the bed as her impatience grew. It was interrupted only briefly by the abrupt exit from the room by Senator Du Couteau and Minister Praji.. come to think of it, she wondered why they of all people had been there with Tithe.

"Wait a moment,"
she held up a hand for silence as something clicked in her mind about the circumstances of her awakening. She had clearly been asleep for much longer than she expected and the world had seemingly changed around her. She narrowed her dark eyes at Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe . "The Succession kicked in... you..." she let out a long, haggard breath. She was not so much upset about Tithe taking over in her absence, but she reeled suddenly from the horror of the length of sleep she must have had to trigger such a necessity.

She felt her daughter's hand on her shoulder and shrugged it off quickly. "Go and fetch me something to drink. Strong." She demanded of Ishana and Ashanti. They shared a look before leaving and Adhira pushed herself up into a more comfortable position. "I can't move right now... I already feel faint, but... I want you to tell me honestly: How long have I been gone? and what, pray tell, do you have to fill me in on?" Her words were sharper now, but not at the expense of Auteme or Aerrarii. Yet.

"And do not bullshit me Tithe, I can always tell,"
she hissed.

Auteme bit back her hesitations.

"It's been several months," she said. "The attack on Coruscant- well, we're... alright... things can be repaired. The Brotherhood of the Maw have been aggressive, and- we're still reeling from the betrayal of- Kaigann Fossk. He revealed himself as Darth Solipsis, of the New Sith and the Brotherhood." The regret that crossed her face was mixed equally with a deeper pain.

"The galaxy is in disarray. We have a lot to catch you up on. And your husband- I'm so sorry, Adhira."

Seto and Mirana stepped out to attend to matters of state, leaving Tithe and Autumn with Adhira. While she may have been too weak to leave her bed, Tithe’s predecessor was quickly regaining her sharp tongue. Auteme talked through the attack on Coruscant by the Brotherhood and the revelation that Senator Fossk was none other than Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis , the one true Sith’ari and the greatest threat the to the galaxy in recorded history.

“But we have them on the run!” Tithe declared. “I mean of course there was the, ahh, fracus on Jakku of course, but no, since then we have them well and truely on the back foot.” It was almost as if the Chancellor said it enough times he would convince himself.

“No thanks to your friend to Imperator,” he added, realising halfway through the statement that he’d already said too much, though having no other option by to complete the sentence. “That is too say that we’ve had a minor, ohh yes very minor, ahh diplomatic breakdown with the NIO.” Rurik Fel had quickly departed Coruscant after the attack to resolve the Bastion Accords which had bound the two nations together against the Sith. The machinations of the Imperials and their insidious COMPNOR were making like along the northern borders incredibly complex on a daily basis.

“Of course, there’s the matter of the Jedi, and their, uhh, exodus.” He turned to Auteme for the explanation.

"It's- it's not as bad as it sounds," she assured Adhira -- or at least, she tried. There was a touch of pain in her expression. "The, ah, New Jedi Order has decided to reevaluate their relationship with the Alliance after the attack on Coruscant. There was a feeling of... betrayal." The Chancellor was there in the lead-up. Fossk's role in confining the Jedi to the Temple was well-known, as was Auteme's own.

c98ef57e33867860d8850a3d1514ceb1dbdde85f.gifv

Keep Dreaming
Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe // Auteme Auteme

GADividerWhite.png

Auteme was the first speak in response to her not-so-gentle demands for information on what had transpired during her sleep. When she heard the young woman say that it had been several months... not weeks as Adhira had assumed, the old Balmorran's heart sank like a stone. She tried not to let her emotions show in her face, but she could not hide the fact that her skin had suddenly started looking washed out. A betrayal in the Senate, the Brotherhood of the Maw - a fledgling nation when she went to sleep - now suddenly a looming threat to the galaxy. If she did not feel faint before, she certainly did now.

And then Auteme mentioned Aarav. She had nearly forgotten about that. No. She hadn't, but she had convinced herself to ignore that she remembered it and that was just as good. She pretended not to hear and turned to Tithe instead as he started speaking. When the pair had concluded 'convincing' her that matters were well in hand, she closed here eyes for a moment to gather her thoughts.

"So, to recap," her voice was shaky but it was hard to discern whether the shakiness stemmed from grief or rage, "The Brotherhood of the Maw prowls our borders, our hard-won alliance with the New Imperial Order is in shambles, and Jedi have all-but decided to abandon us. Did I miss anything?"

"There was also the mention of the Sith Lord Solipsis masquerading as a Senator, ma'am," a floating medical droid chimed as it whizzed over to check her vitals.

"Ah yes," she even allowed it to check her blood pressure as reward, "but as long as you have it all in hand, I suppose I need not worry. Hm?" By now, her daughters had reentered with a small floating tray of beverages, one of them looked distinctly like the honeyed liquor she enjoyed. Medical advice be damned. She took the tumbler and downed the glass in one knock.

"We will need to figure this whole.... me being awake thing out, Tithe, but right now, I would like to spend a moment with my daughters. We can reconvene later in the week to figure out how best I can support your Chancellorship," her tone was devoid of cheer and seemed rather final in dismissing everyone from her room. She squeezed Auteme's hand one last time before laying back on the propped pillows and closing her eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom