Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why KOTOR 2 is better than KOTOR 1

[member="Hecate"]
I think TOR is perfectly serviceable as a substitute for KOTOR3.
Having just played a runthrough having only joined 2 groups the whole time, you can play it as a single player game and ignore everything else.

[member="Tamara"]
I guess, but I'm also not a fan of subscriptions. Though I heard they did drop that maybe as a necessity? So maybe I could give it a try. I did once when my brother prepaid 3 months for me and got me the game for my birthday years ago, but the whole quest feel of an MMO always took me out of it too. Go collect a certain number of something instead of the more direct RPG style the other games had.

Oh god hell. . . a Kotor game with ME/Jedi Academy gameplay controls.

I'd want that. . . . *sudden distracting thought*

After playing both games I would tend to say that KOTR is better than KOTR 2. It basically boils down to storyline for me and I generally think that the first game had the better one. I did enjoy the second game but if I had to chose one the original would always stand out for me. Mind you the second game did introduce me to some interesting applications of the force such as telekinetic combat; it's pretty cool to be able to control several lightsabers and have them fight for you, essentially, rather than getting your hands dirty up close and personal. Hated that fight though.

[member="Hecate"]
I do agree that ‘collect 5 transmitters/blasters/whatever’ gets annoying, but TOR never dragged for me.
I paid for a $30 60 day one off subscription. That should probably see me through long enough to get my latest character nicely advanced, maybe even finished.

Overall though it’s a much longer game than either KOTOR1 or 2. Alone among MMOs I think TOR is a viable RPG in its own right. It has good writing and characters.

I LOVED BOTH GAMES! KOTOR 1 was amazing because of how diverse it was to me. You went to so many places, got to choose what you say and choose your own path, and you got to have a romance with Carth! Couldn't be better.

Then, KOTOR 2 came out! More selection! Better graphics! TWO love interests! A deep, meaningful story! I loved Kreia and Atton the MOST! The only things I didn't like about the game was the fact that it was SOOOOOOO LOOOOOOONNNG, the ending disappointed me. Seriously, it took me, like, 2 DAYS just to get off of Peragus! Then, it was four days for Telos, three for Korriban and Dantooine, three and a half for Dxun, FIVE for Nar Shaddaa, and one for Malachor V. After all that time and effort, I was ready to finish my romance with Atton and confront Darth Treya. Unfortunately, The romance never finished, Kreia's death made me sad, and the ending make me want more. This was my face at the end..... :mellow:

Why? I found her cryptic backtalk with Atton amusing. Not to mention some of what she said was true, like about how there can never truly be permanent peace or permanent war, but there could be balance.
[member="Tamara"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom