Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Why are you Torturing me?

Lady Ingrid L’lerim Ragal Terassi Vandiir
Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud
The Red Witch; The Night Queen, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium
WcKp9QC.png
Location: Pedestrian street, near to the Vandiir’s residence, Zeltros
Attire: Polyweave Elegant dress || Shield talisman | Empyrean gland
Tag: Zaavik Perl Zaavik Perl
dRUm20K.png
Zeltros; she usually came to this planet only with Adrian, no one else. It was here that they began teaching each other after the Sith Lord became a sithspawn, where the woman’s genetic sample was taken for testing. The spoiled date is due to the biot’s assassination attempt. She regretted that event to this day that it turned out that way. She didn't really think she was going to come back here, but there were a few things in her husband's house here that she wanted to take away with herself and didn't want to entrust it to someone else. It wasn’t that she didn’t trust the sithspawns, since because of Adrian, she, too, has been using so many such labourers since they were together and the Emperor also disappeared.

It was more of a personal and emotionally motivated thing. Like all the other buildings that the man owned, this one seemed very extinct, dead as well. Although she assumed it was largely because of herself. It only took a few hours to pack what she wanted. The red-haired woman would have finished sooner, but it was still terribly painful for her. Because she came here as a private individual and not as the Empress of the Eternal Empire, she was accompanied and guarded by two Shadow Company soldiers, not Wolfguards.

Most would probably laugh that she actually came here for some books. Actually, this place was perfect for dates, the woman didn’t have to travel all the way to Dromund Kaas because it was pretty much halfway. She shook her head, not wanting to cry again; she shouldn't have thought like that. Books; yes, she came for some paper-based books she even received as a gift from AMCO AMCO . Few in the modern world love them, but Ingrid is fond of them more than the digital versions.

Even before they left for home, she decided to go down to the waterfront, the nearby pedestrian street, from where she could see the city. They walked around the area a lot. She also took one of the books with her, not really noticing this. She sat down on one of the benches, next to which there was a larger palm tree, still clutching the book in her hands. Here, in this place, the woman must have been grieving, considering it quite unlikely anyone would know who she was, she loved Zeltros in this respect.

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

ZELTROS // VANDIIR RESIDENCE
wsL0bBY.png

MOSHED-2020-12-22-1-6-32.gif

「TAKE MY BONES AWAY」
Adrian Vandiir. He didn't know the name, but the database surely did someway or another. The very same devices Kyra Perl Kyra Perl had used to find him, he now used to track down another lead. Another DNA match, another Sith. Why did it always have to be Sith? Zhani, Nida, and now whoever this guy was. To think they had been in such close proximity on Korriban, and now a residence on Zeltros? In Concord Space?

This got weirder every step of the way.

For a luxury Zeltros estate, the place sure did seem like a ghost town. Maybe no one was here? Or perhaps he'd been made hiding this deep in Concord protected space and decided to delta. Not like the Silvers would have much cared at this point, all things considered.

Getting onto the property was easy enough. Not that it lacked any sufficient measures, but they weren't anything he hadn't been prepared for. "Huh, nice place," he mumbled to himself, looking around as he strutted through the grounds. A sustained cloak bent the light around him, the force disallowing his form to be visible to the eye. Not like there were many eyes around to take notice. He almost wanted to call out for a response, see if the place really was empty.

That was likely a poor decision, thus he opted not to after all. He'd wander around before coming around a the broadside of the estate to see the woman on a bench. Zaavik hoped this wasn't another Sith cousin. He stalked forward, coming within a few meters before weighing his options. Accosting her had the chance to raise an alarm, but not trying to talk to her at all might make this a dead end.

He pursed his lips and dropped from invisbility.

"Hey, uh, sorry to intrude I'm just looking for a guy named Adrian."

Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud
The Red Witch; The Night Queen, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium
WcKp9QC.png
dRUm20K.png
As she sat and watched the city, she was overwhelmed by a familiar feeling. Someone was watching her. May not have had to do actual field work as an agent or spy for a while, but that didn’t change the fact that these were her real jobs. Still loved to think of herself as an agent, spy and assassin threesome, more than of being a ruler. Although she was able to beautify the ruler by being the commander-in-chief of the army and navy of the Eternal Empire. On the other hand, she could not say otherwise that one way or another, only she is a senior military leader.

She knew it wasn't her own two men, they were too professional to make such a mistake. No, they could never feel that way and they were both in a place in the house they weren’t even sure they saw this part of. It was their order, anyway, they didn't like it. The only question left is whether someone wants to kill her or did it expect to find Adrian here and he is the target? The man had a greater reputation than the woman, but since the war against GA, she had not considered it impossible to plan an assassination against her. Again.

Her whole body tensed, ready to jump, though an outside observer could see nothing of it. With the help of the Force improved her senses, in the grass she could hear where the invisible person was coming from. However, for now, pretend to be unaware of it all. Not an assassin had run into the mistake of believing that she was easy prey. Last the traitorous soldiers during “Night of the Truth”. They died. The moment the unknown dropped the invisibility and spoke, Ingrid attacked.

The book fell out of her hand and headed for the ground, the woman was damn fast, elegant, graceful in motion, a predator, death was hidden there in her every move. Raised her hand to strike at the young man when the man had finished what he wanted to say. Ingrid was a step or two away when saw Zaavik's face…

The red-haired woman stopped, her arm dropped to her side, and the book arrived on the floor at the same moment. Looked at the man as if she saw a ghost, as she looked into his blue eyes she felt as if an ice-cold blade had hit her heart. Eyebrows, facial line, nose, lips; it was all he had, even his haircut style. She shook, was unable to control her muscles and her blue eyes gleamed in the play of city lights because of the tears inside.

"Adrian!" whispered hoarsely, in desperate pain.

Only after this she starts to realize that the man who stood in front of her had violet hair and the colour of his skin was vermillion, not Caucasian. Last but not least, she was just as tall as the young man opposite her, without stilettos, and his physique was different. The face and traits matched perfectly, but this man was a little younger and a zeltron. Zeltron… laughed bitterly, laughter and crying blurred in her voice. It hurt, it hurt terribly, and especially she felt like someone was having fun with her, with her emotions.

"Who made you and why did they send you here?! Who thought it was a magnificent joke to make a zeltron clone out of him?!" she asked in a frosty voice, without emotion.

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

wsL0bBY.png

「TAKE MY BONES AWAY」
The Padawan took a half step back, his hand drew down to the saber hit coupled to his belt. Thankfully drawing it wouldn't be necessary, with the woman stopping mid-backswing. His brow tightened, eyes squinting at the vaguely familiar face behind him. Was that-? The Eternal Empress? Just when he thought the wild turns his path had taken recently couldn't surprise him anymore; it did anyway.

"C-Clone? No, I'm uh- My name's Zaavik," he explained carefully. Shouldn't he have addressed her with some formal title? But wait, wasn't she the enemy? Shit, this was confusing. He slowly pulled the holopad from his robe and held up the screen that showed a match between himself and Adrian. "I'm just looking for Adrian Vandiir. I just had a few questions is all, trying to track down my family, really. As it turns out he and I are related, although distantly."

He wasn't here to cause trouble. For once he was sneaking into a place with minimal mischief on his mind.

WcKp9QC.png
dRUm20K.png
Background music:
Elena Siegman - Abracadavre

The reactions she received after her words (even if only body language) made it even clearer that the young man in front of her was not really Adrian. It was a bit of a relief, partly more painful. Yes, it also had in her mind earlier that she would have to clone the Sith Lord and collect the soul pieces in that “vessel” until she got her husband back and the soul became one again. But it was just an idea, not an implementation. A very desperate thought from a desperate woman in love.

Zaavik; the name was not familiar to her, not at all, but not a clone. True, anyone could say they didn't necessarily have to know about it. One thing is for sure, if this is true, they also mixed DNA with something because not all traits were the same, only the face. The woman's body tensed as the young man reached under the cloak, but eventually only took a holopad out of it, not a weapon. The kinship was completely clear to the woman as well, genetics has always been capable of such miracles, painful miracles. She finally nodded.

"I am Ingrid L’lerim, although I assume you recognized me. Adrian is my husband and this estate is really his, but you will not find him here. And you won't be able to talk to him. He…"

Her voice trailed off and looked at the city. Knew she was making a huge mistake with this because this moment could be perfect for an assassin to attack. But it was painful to look at the young man, because when she did, she waited for the smirking smile, the well-known glitter in his eyes, the amused gaze and feelings, everything that made Adrian to AMCO AMCO . Eventually forced herself and turned back in the direction of Zaavik.

"He was killed a few weeks ago during the siege of Dantooine. But maybe I can answer your questions too."

Wanted to believe she knew her husband very well from a side that not many people knew about. After all, they had been together for a little over four years, essentially she was the first and only girlfriend of the man who was not just a one-night affair, but more than that. She pointed her hand to the bench so Zaavik could sit down there if he wanted to.

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

wsL0bBY.png

「TAKE MY BONES AWAY」
"I am Ingrid L’lerim, although I assume you recognized me. Adrian is my husband and this estate is really his, but you will not find him here.

Yeah, it was certainly difficult not to recognize that the Eternal Empress was standing right in front of him. He expected a violent rebuke or a cavalcade of guards any second. Truthfully, he was surprised she hadn't called or attacked already. Maybe she hadn't realized he was a Jedi? A benefit of dressing like you just came out of a Corellian dive bar, one could wager.

Husband? Shit, that Adrian? Zaavik had seen stuff about in on various holonews outlets but had only paid minimal attention to hostile foreign affairs. Ironic, considering that he was trained specifically for such a thing, and his Knighting was on the ever creeping horizon. So, what, he was related to former Emperor Regent? If that was the correct title, at least. Monarchy wasn't really something he knew the ins and outs of. It was an administrative system, not a YT-3000.

"He was killed a few weeks ago during the siege of Dantooine. But maybe I can answer your questions too."

The Zeltron grimaced. They had been his enemy on Dantooine, it wasn't so long ago that his own blood was on either side of a conflict. And now, Adrian was dead. To think that his own contributions and efforts on Dantooine for the opposing side could have been a factor in Adrian's death. Indirect familicide. There was a terrible depth to war, and it lacked the beautiful surface that many other horrid depths had.

"I'm uh-" Zaavik cleared his throat loudly. "My condolences, I uh, I'm sorry to hear that."

He should probably just run now. Every bone in his body urged him to delta. Yet, he was so much closer to answers than he'd ever been. He couldn't run now.

"If it isn't too much trouble, then, I just- I wanted to know where he came from. Who his family was, and if maybe he knew about me?"

WcKp9QC.png
dRUm20K.png
Background music:

Ingrid was most pleased to have no guards nearby. She was much more trained and better than most of her bodyguards anyway. Was able to defend herself if necessary, and in the present situation she was not at all sure she wanted to do so. She would have let anyone kill her based on her mind, but her nearly two decades of training would not have left her that way, she would have instinctively acted differently, defended herself. Yes, she would have had a duty to be with guards and bodyguards, but really wasn’t interested in that, or the things that went with the title of Empress. For her, it was still more natural to be the bodyguard and not the person to be protected.

"Thank you!"

Said in a pale and faded voice. Knew the young man said only out of courtesy. Based on the grimace, he might have been rather disappointed that he wasn’t going to get much information about what he wanted. At least she thought so because she didn't bother to learn more with telepathy or empathy. The red-haired woman was tired and exhausted, especially on this subject. She couldn't tell why offered her help. Maybe hoped if she could talk about Adrian, she'd be better? Maybe, though she wasn't sure. And the young man took the opportunity.

"Let's sit down, it's more comfortable to talk in such way.."

She turned away, showed her back to the young man, and went back to the bench. Picked up the book from the ground first, then sat down and put the book on her thighs. Waited for Zaavik to join her, if he didn't sit down, but at least he came closer.

"Adrian is a member of the Terassi noble house, although he did not boast of his noble rank because the family also tried to stay away. They did not want to get involved in Sith affairs. The noble house has the rank of baron at Serenno. The baronial title is held by Frelon Terassi, Adrian's grandfather. Even her grandmother lives the way her parents do. The mother of the born member of the house, her father Kader Vandiir, descended from a long line of Corellian shipping moguls that was all but wiped out during the Netherworld Crisis. He has a younger brother, a younger brother, Desric Terassi Vandiir. The family is quite wealthy and their business acumen and talent are valued, distant and rigid… and the family will continue to expand… with our son."

Didn't even notice she was talking about Adrian in "present time" and not past time. Glanced at the city again, the pain glistening in her eyes. It was officially announced that she would have a child, so there was no point in denying this. Finally looked at the young man.

"I don’t know if they know about you, I didn’t know about your existence so far, so I thought you were just someone’s cruel game. All I knew was there were Zeltron among their distant ancestors, but nothing more. After your face looks exactly like him, I think it’s unnecessary to ask how you found out you were related. A significant part of the family still lives in Serenno, if you want you can find them there or I can help you contact them. I'm sorry you didn't find one of the estates a few weeks ago…"

Her voice trailed off for a few moments.

"How can your family not keep in touch with them?"

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

wsL0bBY.png

「TAKE MY BONES AWAY」

Zaavik was still wary, given that he'd expected Ingrid to turn hostile. It wasn't so long ago that he fought her men on Dantooine. Maybe it was grief? Maybe it was a trap? Reluctantly, he obliged, moving around the bench to seat himself beside her. The Knight did not relax, expecting the Eternal Empress to strike at any moment.

Close proximity with no initial hostility was surreal enough already, and now she spoke of Serreno nobles. Wild. Zaavik nodded slowly along as she explained Adrian's origin and heritage. Nobles having some Zeltron lineage lurking in their blood wasn't so surprising when he thought about it. The
cafarel were popular amongst the high rollers, and what was a noble without superfluous wealth to blow on things?
zaaviksadcolor.png

"No, I'm-" Zaavik's voice softened to a near whisper, "-no one's game but my own." A grunt emanated from him as he cleared his throat suddenly. "My family, uh- Family is a complicated matter for me. Most of those I've managed to connect with didn't even know I existed. So, I doubt the big dogs on Serreno do either. If they'd even care to begin with. Given that I'm so estranged by circumstance, given that I don't know any but one immediate member, I wouldn't know if they kept in contact anyhow."

Violet brow furrowed with a mixture of doubt and confusion. "Just like him, huh?" Explains why she thought he was a clone. "You'd uh-? You'd really do that for me? Help me get in touch with them, I mean. We're- You know- For all intents and purposes, we should be enemies. The Eternal Empress and... some Jedi. Why would you help me?"

The Red Witch, The Night Queen, Lady Stuztala, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium, Archon of the Primyn Group
WcKp9QC.png
dRUm20K.png
Background music:

Through the Force, felt the young man's distance, perhaps his fear, though she wasn't entirely sure. Also saw the tense posture; as an agent and assassin she had to learn to read very quickly from the body language of others. But Zaavik had nothing to fear today, the woman did not want to hurt her in any form. Would she have been able to do it at all? From the fact that the young man looked the same as Adrian… yes, she could have done it. After all, Ingrid never cared what Adrian looked like. She found him very handsome, but found him just as attractive on the outside of the doppelganger as on his original appearance. Love is only like this when someone loves their chosen’s soul and not their appearance. But there was no reason to hurt him.

As Zaavik began to speak, Ingrid looked at him. Now that she knew there was only a distant connection between them and not her husband's clone it hurt less to look at him. And it was less and less painful every moment, thanks to seeing facial expressions and body language on the boy’s face that were never present at AMCO AMCO . It still hurt, but it eased the situation a lot. Nodded understandingly at the words, the answer confirming why she hadn't heard of him before; they really couldn’t know about his existence and he was still young, so it’s no wonder he wasn’t even in circles to make it clear to others.

"Oh, I see. That explains a lot. In light of this, it is really possible that they do not know about you."

Nodded again that they were very similar to Adrian, at least in terms of their appearance. Took out her holoprojector and recalled some pictures of her and Adrian. Most of them were what the tabloids made of them when they were just somewhere together. In each picture they looked happy, laughed, smiled, and yes, Adrian looked exactly like Zaavik, only the skin and hair colour were different, and of course the height and physique, but the face was the same. In the end, looked at the young man questioningly.

"Why? I never understood why the Dark and Light Sides should be enemies instead of complementing each other. I am not a Sith, I have never been, and I may be closer to the Dark Side than to the Light, but because someone views the world differently, I do not yet consider them an enemy. As a matter of fact, I don’t even see the Force as a religious thing. This should not determine most political views…"

Looked at the city again for a moment, then back at the young man.

"From the fact that you are a member of the Galactic Alliance, I assume from the word enemy, if I am wrong, please correct me… Our states are at war, yes. But that’s just politics, something I had to do because GA attacked our allies. That doesn’t mean it’s a personal issue or I hate anyone from there. I do not judge which person has what views."

It really was just politics, nothing else, they wouldn’t have intervened, there would have been no war if GA hadn’t attacked Korriban and Felucia. Many knew this about her, as well as the fact that she decides on the issue of war straightforwardly and as a soldier who excludes the civilians from fighting if she can. In her view, wars are fought by soldiers, not civilians. Unlike her late emperor, she tries to avoid war crimes.

"If you were to decide on the basis of whether or not I was helping that we were at war… We were enemies in the first year of our relationship with Adrian, then the Eternal Empire was at war with the TSE, after the betrayal of Tacitus. We didn’t care, both empires talked about us and gossiped. He’s part of my family, that hasn’t changed since he died. And you are his relative, and family is very important, as is knowing where we come from. Because of Adrian, we indirectly belong to the same family. I would never refuse to help you. Not even if we are on two different sides and we should be enemies."

In the end, her distant voice became softer and a little more caring, no longer as rigid a military as it used to be. Shook her head at the end, then continued in a sad voice.

"And no, you’re wrong, I’m just a woman who lost the man she loves…"

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom