Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the most evil/most powerful Sith/Jedi?

Darren Onyx

D
^ I loved it as well. I just started to remember Asajj now. I never really liked her. She was like a filler character that helped Anakin farther his journey to the Dark Side.

See, in the clone wars she is not necessarily as interesting. I look at her with a bit of sadness because when I read Republic she was such a cool Dark Jedi and her duo with Durge was just great stuff. I loved her reveal. And maybe I liked it even more because I had read the Art of the Clone Wars book and in it there was concept art for the character that would be Dooku (lots of variants on a lot of Sith ideas) and one of them was her. So it was cool to see concept art become a character.

Matreya

Darth Sideous may have been the most cunning because of what he ended up accomplishing in the end. Darth Revan was pretty darn powerful and may have completely conquered everything if not for his memories. And with Jedi I would have to say Qui Gon

Somebody (I forget who) on the last page nailed it, I think. Generally the most powerful Force-users seem to be those who practice Sith Sorcery, which is apparently capable of a multitude of absurdities.

And I never liked Qui-Gon. Didn't see the point of him, really.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
(I did :p)

Also, Qui-Gon is in no way the most powerful Jedi. Almost every Jedi from the KotOR era outstrips him clearly. Qui-Gon is just a good and wise man. Actually, there's a thought - the further you go forward in history, the more power seems to dilate, with the Jedi.

Well it is a classic fantasy motif. The idea that the old times had stronger magic and better control over it.

Honestly... at times I temper what we see of stuff from the old Golden Age of the Sith comics as being a fanciful retelling. In essence, it is the legend based on the truth. The truth is more in line with what is now, but the legends still stand for whatever reason.

Perhaps. But you know what they say about old tales, they always come from some kind of truth. It's a bit like the ancient stories of old Indo-European gods, who some think were, at some point in time, actual real people. (I actually believe this too, but I digress...)

I'd like to think it's the same with Star Wars. Great spans of time and increased "civilization" have a way of watering down nature and man's primal forces. Maybe the Jedi and Sith seemed stronger back then because they really were stronger. The Jedi by the time of the Republic had become consumed by their own ideology. Complacent and static, they gain no new abilities or insights and their powers become stagnant. Then they actually lose their powers. As the old saying goes, if you don't use it you lose it. ;)

Darren Onyx

D
Allaina Mare said:
Also, Qui-Gon is in no way the most powerful Jedi.
I think he is the purest. I mean when fighting a Sith, he starts meditating. That is legit. Plus he is the one who taught Luke, Obi Wan, and Yoda how to communicate after death (force ghost). He is just plain epic.

For Sith I would say Palpatine/Sidious, he was very powerful himself. I also heard that he made a clone of himself during the wars... It might've been a rumor. If not him Darth Bane.

For Jedi I would put Shaak Ti, or is in my opinion. The way she uses the force just seems to be powerful to me. If not her I would put Yoda.

You're all wrong, the most powerful Sith would obviously be King Adas. The one true emperor of us all! No but really he was the most powerful and probably rules the Chaos Realm as of now, he was the one and only Sith'ari. Darth Banes dreadful existence was nothing more than a Shadow to King Adas. Nihilis didn't hold a candle to King Adas, sure he was known as some super powerful sith that was a void in the force because he got hit by a superweapon and survived; however, he was never declared a god of his people, he was also a spec of dust compared to King Adas.

For the most powerful Jedi I would have to give it to Mace Windu, he was Grand Master of the order before Yoda and then Master of the Order after Yoda because he felt that he was not fit (humble of a Jedi) He was also the only Jedi to be able to Master Vaapad in a correct manner. Also as said in my previous post he basically gets decimated by Mace Windu, even if people say he wanted Anakin to see the Jedi as evil. However, if you will not accept that i'd say Master Ooroo who happens to be Odan-Urr (the writer/revisionist) of the Jedi Code. Yes I understand he was just a brain, but probably one of the most intelligent and wise Jedi that lived, and to Jedi that is power.

Why do people buy into Chaos as an actual realm of the Force? I mean, everything really stated is that when you die you become one with the Force. You enter into the field of the living. It heavily pulls from pantheistic-monism where we are all one in the cosmos. That kind of mindset really doesn't have a hell. Furthermore, the references to Chaos are incredibly mythical in nature, and really only stem from one reference in an obscure book and is used in the place of hell. And even then it does not put much reality into the idea of there being a hell, just that people mention a place in profanity. Plenty of non-theists use the term hell as if it were a place for someone to go and yet have no actual belief in it existing. And I have to look at the overwhelming other material in the franchise that states that death leads to oneness in the Force. It is not an image of paradise or damnation, but of... joining the great Force. And when I match up the entirety of SW against one reference... I just cannot see it as something that actually in fact exists in SW.

Also can't get up on Adas cause he's just... not all that known. He was a guy who united the Sith people. But I think it is fair to say that even those who came after him in the Golden Age of the Sith were stronger. After all, they killed his heirs which were supposed to be stronger. The rule of the time was the Rule of the Strong. Never put much credence in the Sith'ari either outside of essentially being the Dark Lord of the Sith equivalent... guy in charge has it that's all.

I also don't think that Nihilis is that great. Same with Darth Bane. In fact, I view Bane as the most pathetic thing ever because his ideas led to the Sith being nothing but shadow figures for hundreds of years. Yes, it culminated in Palpatine having a 25 years run, but altogether not that impressive.

Still gotta say Krayt. Dude actually united Sith in loyalty based on his vision alone. Pretty impressive.

Just got into this argument yesterday and apologized for getting out of hand, so i'm going to try and keep this as succinct as possible @[member="Selena Halcyon"].

There is a lot on King Adas actually, if you look at it he nearly single handedly defeated the Rakatan/Infinite Empire. One of the only ones of the time who was capable of doing that.
Also the ones after him that you speak of such as Fredon Nadd, used the same teachings that the heirs to Adas did. Freedon Nad also openly expressed his fear to King Adas as well as absolute respect for the man. Something that he rarely did for anyone even if they were stronger than him. The only reason that I would say that the Sith'ari is different from the Dark Lord of the Sith, is that Dark Lord of the Sith was taken. Yes it was the Rule of the Strong then just as it had always been, should you kill the Dark Lord you take their place; however, Sith'ari was something different. He didn't take that title from anyone he didn't do anything of that nature, literally the millions of people that he ruled over worshiped him as a god. This is also relevant in the Rakatan Empire defeat. As an old man, he still defeated the Rakatan Empire, something that no one else in the galaxy had really be able to do up until that point.

I do agree with you on the Darth Bane and Darth Nihilis points though. I said that exact same thing yesterday haha that's awesome.

Well, we do not know much about the Rakatan Empire just yet. Nor do we know how they were beaten. I have a hunch we are going to see that in Dawn of the Jedi comics, which chronologically happen well before King Adas, if I'm not mistaken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom