Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wherever the Wind Blows

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
The flagship was in orbit around the planet Monastary. The Knights Obsidian has been deployed because reports of irregular weather patterns being observed by the Department of Science. Much deliberation had been ongoing to determine the cause of such obscure weather, but it was as good a guess as any. The only logical explanation was that something unnatural had caused it. This was why the Knights Obsidian were in high orbit.

They were gathered to watch the weather formations. Oceans were experiencing typhoons and hurricanes. Tornadoes blew and tore through the world which caused the animals and creatures to run wild. The only description for the scene which was unfolding was total chaos.

Gerwald sat among the majority of the Knights as he listened to the Domus’ giving direction. His new armor crinkled every time he moved. It was distracting and restricting. If he needed to be a wild wolf this would not help him.

He sighed as he listened, feeling the rumble of the vessel he tapped on the desk as he heard of the dangers this could cause.

Artifacts, the discussion of came to a conclusion when a series of ancient artifacts that were said to have similar effects. This one was clearly weather related, and someone activated it, or it had some kind of cosmological timer. Ger didn’t know, but he wasn’t sure he was going to ever going to know. His job was to kill and eradicate. He still didn’t know why he was on the ship.

The order was given to take to the drop ships.

”You will be taken as close to the temple as we can get you. Defenses and traps galore protecting this thing most likely, so be on your guard.”

Ger rolled his eyes. Whoever this pilot was, he had an odd sense of humor, and that cigar in his mouth… yeah this was going to be interesting.

[member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Zephyr Carrick"] [member="Daxton Bane"] [member="Ithiel Verd"] [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] [member="Marek Starchaser"] [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Tevro"] [member="Kilia"] [member="Anastasia Vi'dreya"] [member="Anya Malvern"] [member="Tyris Hayes"] [member="Khia Varad"] [member="Drauchir"] @Gerwald Lechner [member="Ahani Najwa"]

Chaos called him like a lovers sweet whisper, a promise of untold delights and secret delights. Daxton wore a lighter version of his armor, instead of heavy protective plates instead it was chain links defence, designed more mobility than defence. On his waist, he wore three lightsabers and no other obvious weapons. The helm of reflective plate hid his features but he smiled as he joined the rest on board the dropship.

An artifact that could control weather, this was something he definitely look into.

yt2400_04.png
[ YT-2400 Alderaan Queen ]​
lIhZpkf.png

Weather wasn't necessarily influenced by factors on the planet.

Solar winds, orbital shifts, and the gravimetric pull of satellites could all have an impact on various contributing factors. Tidal surge. Planetary rotational tilt.

Plus, if everybody and their Jedi's dog were going to scrounging around the planet looking for the ancient Sith tomb of Darth McGuffin, then Sor-Jan's first thought was to try and examine the issue from a different perspective. And then do that.

In this case, that means looking for something that might be close to Monastery... but not necessarily on Monastery.

The planet rings were a unique feature. And a timeless one. It was the genesis for the planet's dominant religion, which in turn governed the society. But the rings were just particulate matter suspended in an orbit around the planet.

Matter which included debris.

Malfunctioning weather control satellite?

As theories went, that was one on the more mundane side. But it was within the realm of plausible, so if he was going to chase down this rabbit then this line of thought seemed as good any.

Plus, Sor-Jan was really, really bad when it came to doing what everybody else was doing.

Monastery was like Kurenai's second home, having built a Dojo in the hilly area's nearby a village, so when trouble arose that was kind of personal, but such an operation would be a new feeling to her. Ture the Dark Jedi had lead people int battle countless amount of times, but those where non force sensitive, common soldiers, people with less experience to her, people she could give effective council and order to, here, being the elected Dominus of the Pathfinders she felt rather... sub par.

All those technically under Kurenai's command were well beyond her own strength in the force knowledge and combat skill, if often made her wonder Metu's selection, especially with the whole 'first among equals', where judgment and council is directed to more seasoned members. Was she seasoned, well yes, but many did not know about that, but even if she did make it know the others who had joined of late, like [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"], where still leagues above her. Actually where had the youthful Jedi master run off to?

'Do not worry about it, let the others do their own thing, not like you have the power to tell them other wise, well maybe that [member="Gerwald Lechner"] fellow, but he does not seem like the following order type anyways'. She shook her head, focusing back on the task at hand, the other two Dominus finishing up the brief of the mission, [member="Daxton Bane"] having a rather interesting armor set on, Kurenai herself wearing the old beaten and scared Operator Class she wore back in the mercenary day. 'What ever, get in and find out what these strange artifact are and make sure no one dies, though I wonder, what caused them to activate? I do not remember such happening anytime in the past'

Sometimes it wasn’t the flashiest of gear the one resorted to, after all there was some comfort in the familiar, right. Although it could be argued that relatively very view would have actually seen him wearing anything but his personal body armor. The suit of armor Daxton wore appeared to be comprised of a chainlink mesh with metal plating at key defensive points, somewhat similar to those worn by Mandaloran advanced recon units.

He listened to the briefing with half an ear, his mind consdering the opportunities presented to be able to study such a device up close. While it was true, that he knew of several spells that could mimic the same effect or even produce an even more powerful effect, the drain on his personal reserves would be too great. Possibly leaving him exposed while he recovered from such an endeavor, like the time he assisted a Sith Lord summon a Force Vortex over an enemy force on some far off, now forgotten battlefield. While the reaults were impressive, the drain was far too much for him to lightly contemplating again lightly. Still if he could duplicate such a device......

"You know there are over fifty seven accounts - reliable, accounts with secondary sources - of weather of this nature in the past twenty five thousand years of recorded galactic history?"

Er'in asked the transport with a diatic tone that was, given her glowing purple eyes half-hidden by her new fashionably dark-side cowl, quite quietly terrifying in it's bluntness.

"With causes ranging from, and I quote 'giant space insects' - I think we can write that off, to some idiot uncovering the lost holocron of Darth Velas... oh, and about a thousand terraforming accidents. I could have spent weeks in the archive just coming up with potential solutions."

Her smiles was pretty, and reached her eyes - which made it all the more disturbing. This was not the same woman who had gone to Hapes, at all. A cruel, cold malice suffused her.

"Fortunately, you have me. I would estimate that we're facing either a rogue post-second republic era terraforming droid SR or FX models were renowed for, ah, going wild - literally, in which case this should be relatively simple as long as we brought slicers or near-capital grade weaponry. The other option is that we're looking at one part of the ceremonial regalia of Jarrus - a backwater empire from the Rim, which had the sole unique trait of possessing Force Adepts with 'weather control' that extended to affecting tides and celestial bodies. They were wiped out in the War of Light and Dark for the most part, with the Galactic Empire getting the remains in about... 5BY? But one or more of their priesthood - their Force Adepts - fled here. Which of course, doesn't help us at all with the conventional problem of getting into the temple, does it? Nor, I'm afraid, does it explain how either may have been triggered."

I rolled over and realized… wait.

This isn’t Sabarene.

Son of a Voorpah, there’s a scruffy looking guy who smells like sexual indecision and bad ideas talking about the weather.

The weather!

An unintelligible gurgle echoes out of my mouth as I slope up to my feet, brushing off my linen clothes. Except they’re not linen. I’m not shoeless with my toes in white sand, getting said sand in places I’d rather not divulge.

“The freak? Who by the Netherworld’s dead booty got me in armour!? Did I get me in armour? .................. I need an adult.” Armour! Some kind of sigil on it. You know, I’m beginning to question if I’m on Sabarene at all. Did [member="Yuca Najwa-Keth"] get me to don armour? Wait… was that another hallucination, or did I get my son back?

“Yadda, yadda, gank the artifact, fix the weather… could send me down there, I’d fix the weather, but I might get distracted… oh… oh this is definitely a day for distractions.” I blinked at [member="Gerwald Lechner"] and coughed under my breath.

Wait! We’re in a drop ship! Weren’t we by a desk? What planet are we at? And most importantly, why am I here? How did I get here? Did I come willingly? Is there a chocolate malt somewhere to drink?

Oh… yes, that’s the one. I want a malt.

I curl up floating in midair with my arms tucked across my knees. Have you ever tried to sit in those drop ship chair things? Lumbar support they do not have. I’d rather float. From the feel of things, [member="Kurenai Yumi"] and [member="Daxton Bane"] aren’t far off. Two people I think I met once, was it twice?

“Anyone else thirsty for malted chocolate milk?”

"Chocolate milk?"

Er'in's voice was almost toneless.

"No. And I rather like the armour, very 'Jedi Lord' in ethos, I was thinking of making a light-shield to go with it. We could be noble crusader-knights."

A beat.

"Well, some of you could be noble in the genuinely ethical sense. I'll stick with the 'good breeding' sense."

[member="Ahani Najwa"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom