Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Where to?

Canyon it was, then.

Alicio tilted his head in acknowledgement to the Elder, and then to Kahlil, datapad clipping back to his waist. "I'll make the necessary calls, Representative. If all goes well, the Epicanthix can begin moving within the month." If all did not go well, they would have to go back to the drawing board. But this was a way forward, a good one, that played both on the refugees' strengths, as well as his.

Kahlil had also been given a task. Find the Flii Bsaak. Alicio smirked to him. He didn't know which of their jobs would be more difficult. Personally, he'd take facilitating the move of the Panathans any day over combing the outer rim for scattered Epicanthix. "It sounds like our work is cut out for us." He returned his grey eyes, colored like calm clouds, to Adonis. "I will keep in touch, and let you know if, or when, we can begin the transition."

Alicio took a step forward, and offered his hand forward first, this time. "The future of your people is a bright one, Elder. Thank you for stepping up, and being their shepherd."

- Valery Noble Valery Noble - Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble -

two.png

Epicanthix colony
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

For a moment, Adonis quietly looked between the two men with a content smile. This was far more than he ever could have hoped for, and gave his people a chance to fight themselves back up again. It's all they needed — a chance. "Thank you both for your willingness and determination. My people and I appreciate it."

He paused again, and turned to Kahlil.

"Kahlil, as you know our people are more than just warriors. Art and culture are important to us, but much of that was lost with Panatha. But not everything." He tapped a button on his display to change the map, and highlight hyperlanes leading out of the Pacanth reach and into the outer rim, where much converged over Sullust.

"A lot of our art and other creations of cultural importance were stolen, and we believe that shipments passed through these hyperlanes here." He frowned and looked at Alicio for a moment, before turning to Kahlil again. "I know we're asking much of you already, but do you believe it's possible to look into this as well? It's not an as high priority as reuniting our people, but bringing pieces of home back to us would be good for morale and fighting spirit."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"If anything, it'll help teach some of the Padawan's the importance of cultural heritage, so you can expect us to collect what we can. So expect at least some of the lost art back. It's just as much our own as the people we brought in, right?"

Any nation defeated by the Epicanthix was assimilated, more or less. All their arts, beliefs, culture. They were just as much a part of the Epicanthix as anything that originated on Panatha. They deserve not to be forgotten, just as much as the Epicanthix.

"We'll figure it out."

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Alicio quietly accepted the returned blessing from Adonis, letting the two Epicanthix talk a moment, and returning his gaze back to the holomap. Would they thrive on Canyon? Maybe, maybe not. But it was the best way forward they could see right now. He held his reservations, his fears, but he hadn't lied to the Elder before; Panatha's future was bright, even if Panatha itself was destroyed.

The quest of returning art would mostly be Kahlil's as he would be the one gathering disparate wanderers. Of course, Alicio would help how he could, too, though he wasn't sure how he could do that.

"Is there anything else you would like to discuss, Elder?" The Count turned his stony gaze back to Adonis and Kahlil. "Anything else that we can do for you and your people?"

two.png

Epicanthix colony
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Adonise offered Kahlil a grateful nod of his head, "I understand that it may not be an easy task to find what we lost, but even if it's a little bit, I believe it'll be worth it. The art does not just represent our culture and the cultures we've adopted, but it's also the only thing left of Panatha that will outlive the survivors of its destruction." Through people, the history of the Epicanthix people would never fade away, but objects and art were a footprint that even time could not defeat.

In his mind, he already envisioned a museum with everything they could find related to Panatha. Something to teach new generations about the past, so it would never repeat itself again.

Adonis then turned to Alicio and nodded, "Would you perhaps be able to help us find more allies? Trading partners, especially. Kahlil's wife told us that supplies will be offered, but I believe it's crucial we earn what we receive as well." he paused for a moment. "You mentioned Montitia earlier? Would they be able and willing to work with us?"

Whether it would be possible or not remained to be seen, but it never hurt to look ahead.

Finally, Adonis looked back at Kahlil and extended a hand, "Thank you for all you're doing for our people, Kahlil." His hand then extended to Alicio. "And you as well, senator."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil dipped his head to the Elder in respect, still smiling. This was a good first step. Or second? Third? He wasn't too sure which step this really was at this point, but it was an important one none the less. The Epicanthix were getting a home. A new home. His smile dipped for a brief moment. The guilt of not being there, not helping on Panatha, it was still burning in the back of his mind. Even if it happened to be destroyed just at the same time he'd crossed through everything to save Valery.

And was supposedly dead.

"I'm just doing what I can, to help."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

Alicio accepted the hand, with just as much confidence as he'd entered the tent with. "Be well, Elder. I'll let you know once our labors have bore fruit."

Then, smiling calmly at Kahlil, the senator turned, his cape whooshing behind him grandly as he exited, a hundred different ideas and plans already swirling around his mind. Though he did find the time in his overactive brain to turn to the Jedi Master as they exited the tent together.

"That went... upsettingly well," Alicio chanced, hoping not to jinx it.

two.png

Epicanthix colony
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Thank you both again. I'm sure we'll be in contact soon," he told the two before turning off the projector. "Safe travels." With that, the meeting was over and the two were left to head out of the tent and begin their work to help the Epicanthix. There was a lot ahead of them, but Adonis felt that they shared his determination and optimism. Panatha had been a huge blow to his people, but it was not going to be their end.

Once outside, Valery was quickly spotted leaning back against a few crates not too far away. She smiled brightly once she noticed the two, and waved over in their direction.

She could already feel that things had gone well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom