Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Where to?

two.png

Epicanthix colony
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

"Alright, I'm going to leave talking to the elder to you two, okay?" Valery asked after they had entered the small camp together. "I have a separate meeting about some smaller things." She looked at Kahlil and Alicio — together, she knew they'd be able to handle it just fine. They didn't need her for this. Kahlil would be able to answer any questions about the Epicanthix and support Alicio as someone already trusted by the people of this colony.

Alicio, of course, would play a crucial role on behalf of the Alliance.

"Good luck you two." Valery stepped closer to her husband, pushed herself up on her tiptoes, and kissed him on the cheek. "Love you, and see you soon~" There was noticeable joy in how she walked and looked at him, but after that little moment, she turned around and headed in the opposite direction. Their destination was one of the larger tents dedicated to those involved in leading the Epicanthix people.

Outside, two guards were stationed, and once they arrived, one spoke up. "He's ready to see you both."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil flashed a grin and gave a thumbs up to Valery. Well, not before sneaking his own kiss on her cheek as she pulled away. For his own benefit. He was, honestly, still nervous. How could he not be? There was so much riding on everything going okay, for his people to have a home again, for them to heal. To get out from his father's shadow. But here he was, the very son of the man who abandoned them. Trying to help.

At least they were already willing to let him.

He turned his gaze to Alicio. Gave him a brief smile. Kahlil was tall, yes. But as an Epicanthix? He was the runt of the family, of the people. All around them the Epicanthix stood several heads over even Kahlil.

"I really do appreciate you coming."

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa | Valery Noble Valery Noble

two.png

EPICANTHIX COLONY
Alicio, for his part, nodded sagely to Valery as she departed, hands disappearing within the folds of his outfit. "See you soon," he said, willing that he and Kahlil would have some good news by the time they crossed paths again.

The Alderaanian senator had jumped into situations just as difficult as this one, but never had he felt so small than he did now. Quite literally. Alicio was an unremarkable height for a human, so being surrounded by tall, broad-shouldered Epicanthix made him appear downright diminutive.

Kahlil's smile was able to relieve some of that tension, as Alicio's shoulders relaxed. "I just hope I can help," he finally said, returning the smile, before facing forward, and walking towards their final destination, cape billowing behind him. "And I hope something good can come from all this."

The guards allowed them entry, and after concealing a quick nervous breath, Alicio pushed into the tent, unsure what to expect.

- Valery Noble Valery Noble - Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble -

two.png

Epicanthix colony
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery departed with a blush on her cheeks from his kiss. She knew that he felt a little nervous about it all, and while that normally meant she'd stay with him and offer her support, Alicio would be of more use than her. So instead, she focused her efforts elsewhere and supported her husband by still helping these people.

Meanwhile, Alicio and Kahlil made their way through the camp, and after a short conversation between them, they entered the larger 'command' tent. Inside, the Elder Epicantix stood in the center, his eyes fixed on a holo-projection of the Galaxy. A lot of worlds were highlighted, the majority in red. All of them uninhabitable or smaller worlds.

"Ah, there you are," the tall man said as he turned around. Despite his age, the raven-haired Epicanthix stood tall, and proud and showed nothing but great strength and experience through his eyes. He was a warrior at heart, and a leader capable of pulling together even the most difficult people to focus on a common cause.

"It is good to see you again, Kahlil, and you must be Senator Organa of the Galactic Alliance?" He paused and looked the count up and down for a moment. A faint grin spread across his lips, and a hand came forward for a shake.

"My name is Adonis Vassak, the elected leader of this colony," he said, mostly because he was the first elected leader of these people. After years of being subjugated under a tyrant, they were finally free. Albeit at a very high cost. "Behind me is a map with planets we've looked at for relocation, but it is a very hard process. I was told you two would be able to assist?" he asked to immediately set rather high expectations.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"You didn't strike me as the type to doubt yourself."

He raised a brow, glancing towards Alicio for a moment. Then grinned. Perhaps it was a comfort that he was just as nervous as he. Kahlil entered the tent shortly after, giving the man within a simple nod. The Elder looked more in his element than he expected, but it was welcome to know that they were ready. He cast a glance towards Alicio, once more giving a grin. Seemed even they were already planning for an uninhabited world.

"I think we can, Elder."

Alicio just smiled softly, sheepishly, up at Kahlil. "No public servant should have too much trust in themselves," he supplied. The senator supposed he could only keep up the facade of confidence for so long. He'd rather be embroiled with self-doubt than convinced he could do no wrong.

Walking into the tent, Alicio let his gunmetal eyes wash over the Elder, his back subconsciously straightening a touch, much of his obviously physical nervousness being pushed to the side, replaced by an open, caring disposition.

The Count inclined his head as his name was mentioned, letting Kahlil speak before taking a step forward, and offering his hand to shake. "Thank you for having us, Elder Vassak. We're here to help, as much as we can."

The Epicanthix was quick to move on to business, so Alicio wouldn't dither either, as much as he'd grown to expect it from his time in the Senate. He stepped around Adonis, examining the selected planets with a scrutinous gaze.

"All uninhabited worlds." He nodded subtly to Kahlil, before turning his attention back to the representative. "What kind of home are the Panathans looking for?"

two.png

Epicanthix colony
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Adonis offered Kahlil an appreciative nod of his head, before allowing them both to join him around the projector. Most of the uninhabited worlds they had reviewed weren't anything special, but none of them were options either because of environmental reasons, or the planet just simply did not fit their needs. It could range from cultural conflict with what the planet provided, or even just logistical problems with supply lines.

It was a nightmare to figure out.

"What kind of home are the Panathans looking for?"

His eyes now turned away from the map and back to the senator "We are a proud and strong people, senator. We do not need a perfectly safe planet, nor do we want everything to be handed to us. It's in our blood to overcome challenges and our people have historically thrived in conquest and exploration of other cultures."

"We want to be able to stand on our feet, on a planet that can provide what is necessary for life to flourish, but without outsiders being able to target us."
One day, he knew his people would be ready for such clashes again, but not now.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"The Alliance will offer it's protection, as they would with any world under their influence. Or at least, the could. Our people have long lived as their own Empire, free of the influence of others. Even under the Eternals we were left to ourselves. .. The Alliance is full of political schemes, so I imagine they'll probably try to pull you into it. Or perhaps take advantage of the fact you're not." From some of his other interactions with the Senate, he couldn't say he approved of them all.

At least Alicio was one of the good ones.

"What do you plan to do with that?"

Alicio was no stranger to the statistical quagmire that was large-scale emigration.

He spent a few moments keying into the device, studying a few planets with a more inquisitive eye. Adonis was right- many of these worlds were largely uninhabited for a reason, whether that be dangerous climes, or distance from any supply line or major trade route. Seeds thrown into this soil would either be choked by weeds, or starved of sustenance.

But from what the Elder had said, the Epicanthix wanted a few weeds. And they could survive with a little less water.

"The Alliance is full of political schemes, so I imagine they'll probably try to pull you into it. Or perhaps take advantage of the fact you're not."

Alicio shot the Jedi a pale frown. It was true. Too true. "Your focus on self-sustainment should ward them off. The ambitious can't dig their claws into you if you don't play their game." Easier said than done. Their devil's bargains could be as tantalizing as they were deceptive.

"What I'm more concerned about is public perception." Alicio pointedly kept his eyes on the holomap. The way he saw it, that was a more pressing matter than pointing at a planet on the map. "Panatha may be largely independent, but there are significant points in it's history that Carnifex and Kainite forces held considerable sway. There are many who would support the Epicanthix immigration to the Alliance, but there would also be many detractors, saying we invite the enemy into our space, to stab into our heart. If their voice is stronger, my hands would be tied. Officially, at least."

"The way I see it, either we must give a voice to your people in a plea before the Senate, to discredit those rumors, or we must show them the value of inviting Panatha's people in."

"In more direct terms, we must either change the hearts of the people, or find a way to strengthen the Alliance."

The senator's eyes finally found Adonis, holding a question. "So... how could the Panathans contribute?"

Last edited:

two.png

Epicanthix colony
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

The elder looked between Kahlil and Alicio with an almost exhausted gaze when they mentioned politics and scheming. An advantage of being a self-sustaining Empire was that they never had to deal with the influence of outsiders looking to take advantage of them. Of course, with Carnifex pulling strings, they had internal issues, but that still felt different.

"Our people may not be used to these... schemes," he told Kahlil before nodding to Alicio. "But we have always found strength in retaining our own identity, rather than allowing others to control us. But these are special circumstances, so I welcome council from those with good intentions for our people when we need it."

"People such as you both."

Alicio, however, was more concerned about something he knew was coming as well — public perception. His people had chosen not to follow Carnifex, but ordinary citizens were not above generalizing either out of malice or simply just ignorance. "The Epicanthix are proud warriors and hard workers. Refined in art and music as well. I do not doubt that we can offer much to the people of the Alliance, but we are also not used to freely sharing it."

He paused for a moment and seemed to be in thought. "What if we look beyond the borders of the Alliance? Neutral worlds." It was just a thought, but he was curious about their answers.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I think, Elder," Kahlil gave a calm smile this time, simply dipping his head.

"The Zambrano line was in power for so long because our people kept to themselves. If we want to change our people's path to avoid someone like my ancestors from taking complete control, we can't go back to living in isolation. The Alliance isn't perfect, and there are many who will take advantage of the system, but I think the Epicanthix can help."

Alicio tried to stay impartial, for the sake of finding the best option for the Epicanthix. What if they were best off in neutral space? The Count pondered it a moment, trying not to let his biases show on his face.

"If... that is what your people would wish, I can't help as a Senator of the Galactic Alliance, but I could assist as a Count of Alderaan. It would be in a lesser capacity, but I could at least help you find a place, maybe assist in negotiations."

But then Kahlil's thought caught his eye, and Alicio found himself nodding. Cooperation, in service of a better livelyhood for the citizenry, that was what the Alliance was about. What it should be about. "With the current state of the galaxy, it may not be safe for a displaced population such as the Epicanthix to fend for themselves. Disregarding invasion for a moment, trade lanes are... precarious outside of Alliance space."

"We will help you maintain Panatha's independence, I swear. But there's nothing wrong with sharing your strength, and having strength shared with you."

two.png

Epicanthix colony
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

In quiet contemplation, the Elder listened to Kahlil's suggestion, as well as what Alicio added to it. One option meant going back to what his people were used to, and that familiarity brought some sense of comfort. But he could not deny the dangers in it either. If they isolated themselves too much, they'd be even more vulnerable than before.

So his other option was change.

"Very well," he said with a tired smile, but a smile nonetheless. "This may not be an easy adjustment for our people, but I will not allow them to fall victim to the likes of Carnifex ever again." About that, he seemed very determined.

"For me, it will be important to have strong lines of communication, both to your senate but also to your Jedi," he said as be glanced between them. The senate was needed as representation for the GA as a whole, while the Jedi had already proven to be willing to help. "Can I count on you both for this?"
A jedi with Epicanthix blood and a senator trusted by said Jedi - he saw no better option.

"But that also brings us to the question of a new homeworld. Will your Alliance allow us to settle on an uninhabited world within its borders?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"My wife is the Sword of the Jedi. While she can't give favoritism, just her being aware will make it far easier to keep closer ties with the Jedi."

Kahlil gave a nod to Alicio. He couldn't do much with the Senate side himself, but he could at least assure the Jedi wouldn't abandon them. Especially if he had a say in it.

"Otherwise, if the planet is uninhabited, I doubt the senate would have an issue. Unless there's some rich mineral there that they didn't know about."

"If you ever need a voice in the senate, you have mine," the nobleman said confidently. While he couldn't guarantee his fellow politician would always listen, he could guarantee that the words of Epicanthix would reach their ears. "Until you have a senator of your own."

"But that also brings us to the question of a new homeworld. Will your Alliance allow us to settle on an uninhabited world within its borders?"
"Otherwise, if the planet is uninhabited, I doubt the senate would have an issue. Unless there's some rich mineral there that they didn't know about."

"If that were to happen," the Count said, with a hint of sharp irony, "I think they would be clamoring to get into your good graces, Elder. Or... they would shower you in corporate pressure." That drained his humor a bit.

"If you are willing to join the Alliance, I don't see how they would take issue with that, as long as we acquire the rights to settle legally. Which I can assist with." That was one thing done. Now...

"You've already been scouting potential worlds," the Count offered, returning his attention to the holoprojector. He produced one of his datapads, and got to work himself. "Somewhere... mountainous, preferably. A frontier world, perhaps not the perfect picture of safety, but not a deathtrap either. Positioned well in the flow of galactic trade..."

It was time to research.

two.png

Epicanthix colony
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Your wife has shown to care about our people too, so I trust you both to do what is right." It was obvious that Kahlil still had an edge over Valery because he understood the Epicanthix better, but Adonis knew that she'd help him as well. With two influential Jedi and a senator on the side of his people, he felt a lot more confident already.

He raised a brow and was about to speak, but Alicio already addressed it, and Adonis quickly understood. "We would be willing to join the Alliance once we meet the requirements for that. I assume they will not let a relatively small group of people who barely settled join and have an equal vote within the Alliance." He wasn't sure about it, but if they were the types to get difficult over rich minerals, then this seemed logical.

"I have also heard that planets exist within the borders who aren't part of the Alliance. Is this correct?" he then asked, not necessarily because that was the best route for his people, but it meant that they'd have time to build up before committing to being part of something as large as the Alliance.

His eyes then shifted to the map again, and he thoughtfully hummed while Alicio went over some options. "Those all sound like excellent parameters, senator." He paused and glanced at the Jedi Master. "What do you think, Kahlil? What would your vision be of our people's new homeworld?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I think Senator Organa's suggestion fits well. It would be the closest we have to Panatha, if there is a world like that. The closer it can be, the easier it might be for the others to migrate there. The Flii Bsaak," He paused, glancing to Alicio for a moment. "Er, the Free Blooded, they're not with Carnifex. They're scattered. We can give them a home to come to."

With their parameters set, Alicio plugged his own datapad into the holoprojector, pulling up a few options. Ever since his talk with the Nobles on Coruscant, the Count had been looking into sparsely-populated worlds for the Panathans. It was slim picking, trying to find the perfect home, but they could try regardless.

"I've already looked into a few worlds that may prove sufficient. First is Canyon." A projection of a warm, rocky planet appeared on the holoprojector. "Sparsely populated, in the same sector as Montitia. Their senator is a friend of mine." Perhaps Sonya Provost Sonya Provost would be able to help them settle, if that was the choice they went with. "There is a smuggler and a pirate problem, which is where the danger lies. But if the Epicanthix settled, and dealt with them, that may get you in good graces with the Alliance."

"There's Dragos IV, a planet largely unexplored for thousands of years. It's a neighbor to Lohopa IV, which has just recently been welcomed into the GA. They might appreciate an extra ally there to consolidate."

"The last place I can think of is one of the planets in the Rakatan Archipelago."
Alicio frowned. "We would have to negotiate with the local Rakatans, but there would be more than enough space for the Panathans to find a home. But it's less secluded than our other options."

"Do any of these seem do-able, or do you perhaps know of somewhere else?"

two.png

Epicanthix colony
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"That will be our mission once we have a new home," he told Kahlil with a nod of agreement. "The more of our people we can reunite far away from Carnifex's control, the strong our people will be." He frowned momentarily, as he realized just how challenging it was going to be. Once all of this was settled, he knew they'd need help to find those scattered around the Galaxy. Where would they even be? And what would be a safe way to find them without bringing trouble along?

Adonis then turned to Alicio, and almost seemed surprised at how well-prepared the senator was. As far as he knew, politicians were about as slow as one could get with work, but Alicio came prepared. Every option he offered had something interesting about it, as well as potential problems.

But one stood out.

"Canyon," he said. "Our people are warriors so of all the challenges you mentioned, that is one we can address the best. Your ties to Montitia's senator may help us with the more political aspects of this move." He offered the senator a brief grin, then turned his body to face Kahlil.

"If you could help us find the Flii Bsaak, or have ideas about how we can even begin to locate them, then I would appreciate it. You can discuss it with your wife or other Jedi if you believe it to be necessary, but we would appreciate your help."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"You focus on getting a place for our people to live, and I'll focus on gathering those who are scattered. Sound good?"

He smiled warmly, nodding his head towards the Elder. This was a plan. And a good one, at that. His gaze shifted to Alicio, who he gave another, simple nod.

"I'll leave it to you to figure out how to get permission and such for the world."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom