Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Where the wild things live | Kestri

ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɢᴜɴ

europa.png

K E S T R I
SEVERAL MONTHS AFTER; AMONGST THE ASHES
Tag: Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt |

Several teams had been dispatched by the Black Had Collective to scavenge useful tech and resources from the surface of Kestri, Which may one day prove useful in their efforts to settle here.
Tayl's team had chosen the ruins of an ancient Clan Kyron shipyard, Where the frozen husks of ancient but highly advanced starships hung suspended in the nearby glaciers, Or rising from the snow like great bones from the grave. Grim, But glistening in the sunlight with icicles and and fresh, soft snowfall.

This team had taken the north side where the remains of an ancient star destroyer lay, But Tayl had other plans. The young twi'lek had gone in search of organic life picked up on her scanners to the south, Deep in the valley between glaciers where only stone and steel rose above the snow.

It was peacefully quiet here, With only the groan of shifting ice fields and the crunch of snow beneath her boots to distract her. Lucky for her, The dark grey flight suit she wore was insulated, And both her leather half-kama and red scarf provided some warmth, Just enough that when combined with the twi'lek's naturally higher body temperature, She felt right at home, Without a shiver to be seen as she trudged through, Bouncing her sleeved little lekku up and down with each drag of her boots.

Eventually she would reach the remains of an ancient starship's bridge, Situated right across from the little cave opening her scanners had found.

So, She began the climb upward, To get a proper view of this place and to stake out the cave entrance.

There was a mix of emotions running through his mind. For Eliz, frozen worlds were a place he knew. Csilla was his father's homeworld, and after.. What happened he brought Cleru to rest there. He knew how to handle the cold. And he learned some of the more important parts about his mixed heritage. Namely, being able to see heat. In a more level place, like inside of buildings with people, he couldn't tell a difference.

But in the frozen tundra like Csilla? He could see right where the sources of heat were. Made it easy to avoid people, or creatures. The young Mandalorian stood within the middle of one of the larger wreckages, standing atop one of the many exposed bars that once kept the ship together. He was in his full armor, his dad's armor, though he likely didn't need it. Short of a blizzard he could survive with some thick clothing and nothing more when it came to the cold.

Sparks lit up around him as he used a plasma edged dagger to cut through one of the console remains in front of him. The panel fell past him, echoing as it crashed down from the height he was at. Inside was the prize. Datacore. Somewhat frozen, but salvageable enough that he could put it into someone's ship if they needed it. He pulled the thing out before sighing.

He leaned backwards, seeming to fall off the beam he was on. He wasn't. The magboots kept him attached as he righted himself back upright. A shame the shit had to crash upside down. At least his helm kept his hair from getting in his face.

That was about when he realized someone was climbing up from below. He blinked, tilting his head as his eyes registered the heat before his HUD.

"I'm pretty sure I got everything on this one. You're welcome to join me on the next, if ya want."

Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla

T H E - B R I D G E
Tag: Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt |

Tayl froze as an unfamiliar voice called out above her, Though she was quickly reassured by both their invitation and the sound of their voice, Which seemed to be another youngster like herself. Probably another one from the salvage crew, Though she didn't quite recognize their voice yet.

<"Yeah sure, Be up in a sec"> She resumes her climb, Faster than before. Thankfully Solus'alor had prepared her climbs just like this.
Within minutes, The black hand and half red helm of Tayl appeared from over the edge, Clambering over the side.

<phew! "Remind me to use the jetpack next time. I needed a stretch but dank ferric! You jet up here or did you climb too?">

Oh. He blinked behind his helm. Honestly, he didn't expect to see another kid. .. A taller kid. Good thing he had his helm on to hide his frown as he had to look up some to look at Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla . "No, I climbed. Mag boots help." Really he just walked up. Or as well as he could fighting against gravity. His helmet turned, scanning around just to make sure he hadn't missed anything more valuable.

Sure enough, nothing left.

"You should invest in some. Makes climbing wreckage like this easy." Jettpack would indeed be easier though. He hadn't learned how to fly his own, hence why his was still stashed in his room. Maybe one day he'd get in the air.

"Near the top is an old CIS model carrier. I'm hoping there'll be some good droid parts around." And like that, he already turned to start climbing again. "Let's get goin."

T H E - B R I D G E
Tag: Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

<"Yeah? I bet that'll fetch a... good... price"> She turns as Eliz walks right past her and begins climbing downwards with his mag boots. Yeah, She'd have to get a pair for sure.
Seeing as she didn't however, She'd have to make do. So she fiddles with the controls on her wrist, Activating her jetpack on a low setting while stepping off the edge, Floating downward at the same speed as Eliz's climbing.

<"So what're you doing up here by yourself anyway? Scouting?"> She hovers with her arms crossed, Head craned to the side while she watches the young mando. She didn't see any clan emblems so far, Which had her curious. Unlike herself, With the Vizsla flowed branch emblem on her chest and the black hand emblem on her helm, This guy could be from any of the Enclave clans which was an interesting thought.
And his armor, With it's white paint and sturdy construction. That had to be beskar, Which was way cooler than the painted durasteel she was wearing right now

"Should, though I hope the clan might have more use for it than credits." He lifted his head, watching her float down curiously. So she had training in the Rising Phoenix? He might have to ask her for some tips. Well, if they ended up being friends. Eliz almost snorted at the term. He really still was such a kid, huh. Still, he nodded.

"Something like that. I only.. I've been a way for a while. I don't know anyone very well, and I move pretty fast in the cold." Eliz trailed off, realizing he was rambling a bit. He ended up chuckling under his breath as they continued to make their way down.

"What about you? Why are you alone?"

Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla

<"Same reason I reckon. My folks didn't bring me till a few days ago so... I don't really know anyone"> She scratches the back of her lekku through the armorweave sleeves
<"Well, That and I want to make 'em proud. I haven't completed my verd'gotten yet... Late bloomer and all. Saw some lifeforms on the scanner, In that cave below-"> She juts her chin at the cave across the ice field <"So I thought I'd see if it was anything worth hunting... Wanted to stake it out from the bridge, Ran into you">

Crossing her arms again, She gives him the once over as an idea falls in place <"Listen, Since you're good in the cold and all, Wanna come along? I think I can handle it and all but, Kamino didn't exactly teach me much about the arctic planets">

Tag: Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla

There was a lot to unpack in what the Twi'lek said. No Verd'gotten yet? Hadn't been there till a few days ago? Kamino? A lot of pieces tried to click themselves together, but they didn't. Not yet. Instead, his gaze shifted to the cave mentioned. Once they reached the base of their climb he actually grinned behind his helmet.

"Actually, a hunt sounds pretty good right now. Better than trying to scavenge in my opinion. I get to learn more about ships, but I'd rather practice my aim."

He patted the large near revolver on his hip. "What kind of creatures were there?"

<"Alright!"> She chuckles, Kicking up a little snow as she lands. The pat on his holster drew her attention, Getting her to lean to the side a little to get a better look at the blaster. A revolver, Or something similar.

She nods in approval while pulling her own DE-10 from a cross-draw holster
<"Dunno what's in there, But that's half the fun right? Exploring the unknown"> She gives the blaster a quick little spin in her hand, Just to show off a little, Though it looked as if she'd done it a thousand times before.

<"I'm sure Ma and Mama will reward us both for whatever we pull from this. Be that old droids or skulls haha!">

He watched, raising a brow behind his helm. He stayed silent as he watched her spin the gun around. No, not something he could very well do himself. It was interesting to see her doing and knowing all these things better than him, yet admitted she hadn't completed her Verd'gotten. Was she a better shot too? Eliz turned his head back to the gaze, scanning it over.

There was some heat, so there were creatures in the cave. Recently.

"If you take point this might count as your Verd'gotten. Or at least good practice for it. Can you see heat at all? I think I can track them in there with it."

<"Chit, You really think so?"> She asked enthusiastically. If she could get her Verd'gotten done today, She bet her folks would be surprised! Surprised but proud. That's all she really wanted right now.

<"Right, Okay. Lemme juuuust-"> She clicks a button on the side of her helm, Immediately changing her HUD settings. To her, This vod was now a blob of orange and red, As were the tracks behind both of them. <"Thermals are up!">

She had turned to take point, Keeping her pistol in a low ready stance until she realized she'd made one little mistake.
Stopping in her tracks, She gives her vod a quick look over her shoulder
<"Hell I'm rude... What do I call you, Vod?">

Last edited:

"I wouldn't bet on it, but it's possible."
Part of it was about the hunt, so maybe it'd count? He wasn't entirely sure how it worked. His own was.. Different. Very different. Still, there was some excitement at the idea of actually helping another complete their trial. His own thermals kicked on after a moment. His eyes were good, but they weren't good enough for this.

He pulled out his own pistol, readying the heavy charric in both hands to follow behind the taller Vod. Then laughed. A full on laugh as he shook his head. He'd forgotten himself.

"Jac'Eli'Zirem. Or, just Eliz. It's what most people call me. You?"

<"Jac- Jaceli- Jacelizi-"> She mutters to herself a few times <"Right. Tayl Vizsla. Good to meet you, Eliz">
She gives him a slight nod before proceeding towards the cave.

The cave itself didn't look that large from outside. Maybe enough to fit one or two animals if they went in single file, But as the got closer, The tunnel within seemed to run deeper and wider within the glacier, With large heated tracks showing up on thermals, Headed right in.

Tayl puts her hand to the ice while leaning around the corner, Pistol covering the entrance <"More tracks. These aren't single file though. Six or seven sets? Hard to tell with 'em bunched up like this">

A blank helm stared back at Tayl as she tried to repeat his name. It was hidden, but as he started to laugh it was pretty clear how amusing it was to hear someone try to say it. Since his father, no one had used it. Grant it, it's not like Eliz told people that. She was the first in.. Well ever. "Likewise, Tayl." His gaze stayed forward, looking over the heat signatures to make sure nothing was too close.

"A pack, likely. My guess is this is their den. Be careful."

<"Yeah yeah, I'll be careful"> She waves him off and proceeds into the cave, Both hands on her gun at a ready stance. <"Any idea what kinda pack? Can't say I'm good with fauna, More so flora I reckon"> She occasionally peeks back at Eliz over her shoulder.

The trip through the cave would lead them deeper into the glacier, Where the dim light barely reflected off the smooth and frozen walls, Bathing the tunnels in oft blue hues. The tracks kept leading deeper in, But became mixed with new ones. Something different, But smaller. And signs of a struggle in the form of tiny red droplets that had melted into the snow underfoot, Scattered in tiny little groups every few feet.

Tags: Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla

Eliz kept his gaze up as he followed behind the Twi'lek. Trusting her to watch the front as he watched the back. "Cats, I think. It at least seems feline." He paused, looking down at the tracks as they kept moving forward. "Wait." Without explanation he crouched down, tracing his hand around one track to another. Checking if they were different.

They were.

"Two different creatures. Interesting." He got back up, looking around.

Then he heard it. The growling close by. Not around them, but deeper in. Two different sound creatures, and a lot of them. Snarling. "I think.. We stumbled into a turf war. Heh. Who'd of thought."

. . .

She peeks over her shoulder at the sound of crunching snow,
Finding Eliz crouched and comparing tracks. Interesting, It seems that he knows more than she might have thought. He really was better with these cold environments, And the creatures within.

<"
A turf war huh?">
That wasn't necessarily good news. Sure it was twice the pelts but that was a lot of work and a lot of potential bites.
That's when she got an idea, And began to giggle softly.

Pulling aside her leather kama, She grabs a little metallic cylinder off her belt and tosses it up in the air, Catching it in her hand a moment later. It had all the markings of a flash grenade.

<"I got an idea!"> She giggles fiendishly

An idea? Eliz glanced forward to the Twi'lek, blinking. She was giggling. And.. Oh. A flashbang. He grinned under his helm and nodded. That'd certainly put them in a good place to deal with the warring creatures. Which were already going from snarls to actual sounds of bestial combat. He clicked off the safety of his pistol, letting the blue hum to life.

"After you, then."

After taking a second to regain control, She gives Eliz a nod and creeps further into the cave, Waiting until the bestial growls sounded like they were just around the corner.

She takes cover on one side of the entryway, Back pressed into the wall as she juts her chin to the other side, Hoping that Eliz would get the memo.
One they were both ready, She'd raise the grenade, Clutching it between her pinky and thumb while the other three remained raised, Slowly dropping one by one in a countdown.

Tayl pressed hard on the activation button with her thumb and threw the grenade, Waiting the sudden BANG sound in the next room before swerving through the doorway with her pistol ready, Immediately double tapping the first beast in sight with her blaster pistol. Just like Solus'alor taught me! she thought

He followed her lead, taking point on the other side of the entrance. Just moving past it and he could already see what was inside. Large cat like beings fighting each other. Only similar in that way though. He didn't recognize either species, but it was obvious one was winning. And when they did, they'd focus on the intruders. He gave Tayl a firm nod. This was it.

He rounded the corner in time with the Twi'lek. His blaster leveled for one, the charric going off and blasting a hole in it's side and pushing it back. Another in the head put it out of it's misery. There was a cold efficiency to how he was able to take his shots, clearing out several of the large beasts in that beginning flash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom