Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where the victims go we follow [GR dom over Azure]

Objective: A

"I am holding up pretty well right now, thank you for asking but I must admit - the betryal by our Prime Minister, and the Sith's attack on out capital Chazwa upsettted me wuit a bit. The betryal - for obvious reasons and Chazwa - because I could not be there as I am still weak and have much to learn." Sofia sighed. "There is no point joining a battle you are not ready for."

Sofia had planned to bid on the auction but it seemed [member="James Justice"] had already won it. It disappointed her thath she could not join the fun. Oh well.

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Objective A

Post 1/20

Another Gala.

Sometimes Alyesa wished that these events were a bit spaced apart more than the one prior. It wasn’t that she hated attending them, it was more so the fact that she had urgent matters to attend to at times. It was more than likely that she would end up being disturbed in the middle of the Gala for something regarding her homeworld, or even Alderaan Royal Engineers – maybe even the Republic itself. Though she held no official seat upon the Senate, she was still a prominent member of the Republic through her social status. It was the way of things now, she was no longer in that rehabilitation period – instead she was running things, full force. New Aldera City was growing again and with its growth, she had project after project going. Words couldn’t express how it felt to run things again, to have that level of control without the presence of an iron fist over her head. The ability to make the call without having to feel something tingling in the back of her mind – telling her otherwise. Things were nice, the sensation was nice.

Alyesa was dressed in an outfit that was befitting a Princess of Alderaan, the Crown Jewels adorned upon her head and around her neck as she entered the Gala amongst a glittering flash of holocameras and press of all kinds. It was an event that brought many people of great importance from the Republic together – an event that required her security detail to remain close by without hindering the experience. She walked the carpet casually, hands placed before her and clasped together. She would bow her head respectfully to those who acknowledged her and greet those who were otherwise occupied. Alyesa made her presence known, one way or another – without being obnoxious about it of course. Her poise expressed dignity and grace.

That was who she was when all the glitz and glam was on – and not the business hat.

Objective A
Post 9/20

Mantic watched the auction take off. At first it seemed the winner was declared to be [member="James Justice"] - but then an elderly person appeared and outbidded him. Perhaps [member="Lady Kay"] would decide if the auction should continue or not from here.

"Again, I am impressed lady [member="Sofia Annesley"] - To know ones one limitations is often a sign of strength." he nodded to his own words.

"The coup was a tragedy unparallelled for the Republic and those of us who serve democracy." Mantic then continued sensing the frustration in the young soldier next to him.

"Remember that weakness and strength comes in many forms, even for a warrior. As long as we continue to remember what it is we are fighting for, strength will come to us." he tried to offer support.

"When are you returning to duty after this?"

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Objective: A/E

Kay just stood on the stage, hands clasped in front of her, looking a bit uncomfortable with the whole thing. At first she was fine with it. But then the emcee just had to throw in the part about her being single. Now the auction could take a different turn than she expected.

She watched the bidding war going on between [member="James Justice"] and the Rodien, rotating her thumbs around themselves quickly as it continued. She didn't expect it to reach that high, but at least with James, she knew that the 'dinner date' would be nothing more than a casual evening among friends.

As the emcee signalled the end of the auction, or at least her part in it, Kay breathed a sigh of relief. Yet that relief was short lived as [member="Darion Blackstaff"] put in a late bid. The emcee, seeing the advanced age of Darion, assumed that the late bid was due to the old Senator being possibly hard of hearing. "Senator Blackstaff! I am so sorry if we failed to hear any earlier ids that you might have made. Clearly there is a need for this auction to continue and I'm sure that the refugees would be ever so thankful for the extra credits that it may bring. Are there any other bids?"

Darion. Kay knew little about him, having debated with him in the Senate hall a few times. His planet was in need of help and now he was bidding large amounts of credits on her for a dinner. He must have something that he wanted to talk to her about. Or maybe he just wanted to make her sweat and cause others to spend more credits than they needed to. Either way, both Kay and the emcee looked to James to see what he would do.

[member="Commander Lusk"] [member="Kaï Sargas"] [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] [member="Jordun Darko"] [member="Sofia Annesley"] [member="Mantic Dorn"]

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

"Thank you." Sofia smiled at the compliment, she was enjoying the conversation. It was more interesting than gossiping about who was to be engaged soon.

"Of course, when I was orphaned by a Sith massacre, my master - a Republic gunslinger, took me in and led me to the army. I owe both him and the Republic my gratitude for I would not be the woman standing before you right now without either." Tears welled up in Sofia's eyes when she mentioned th massacre, she was away at the time and the guilt of not dying with her family ate at her.

Her debt to the Republic kept increasing with every act of kindness since they took her in. It was a debt Sofia would dedicate her life to repay. The Republic was like family to her. Although the Republic had many people she had yet to meet, the ones she had met and knew personally had been very good to her over the years and although they were no replacement for her real family, they did fill up the hole her family's death had left a little.

Objective: WIN!!!!

James looked at the newcomer with a look of--well shock. His HUD contacts got a good look at the man and ran him through a facial recognition software. Not much data, except he was a senator. No history of violence, nothing of that nature. But, that wasn't enough for the high-dollar spacer. No, it was not. He knew from personal experience dealing with the shady people how easy it was for them to hide things. Officials could easily be bribed. Evidence could be destroyed.

James shrugged, time to put things to shame, "Half a mil, plus enough durasteel to build two orphanages, complements of SocMin Fed."

The spacer arched an eyebrow, pulling raw resources from his subsidiary company.

[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Mantic Dorn"]
[member="Alyesa Organa"]
[member="Sofia Annesley"]
[member="Darion Blackstaff"]
@ Anyone else I missed

Post 4 out f 20

Objective A

Kaï was very blown away witht the amount of money , that was being thrown in for the bid. He was curious and so went to approach [member="James Justice"] '' WHOAH! So much kindness for the orphans , i'm happy that there's someone like you to help so much''

[member="James Justice"]

Post 5 of 20
Objective A: Get caught up with all the posts here... Charity & Good Relations for Corellia Digital

The Anzat gave a slight bow of his head, taking the Zabrak's offered hand. "Xantha," the boy supplied in kind, as he was presented with the introduction from [member="Kaï Sargas"]. "Sor-Jan Xantha."

Their conversation might have continued, but for the change of festivities. Namely, a senator of the Republic on the auction block. Now, as a citizen of the Republic for over a century, the boy had long suspected many of their politicians were for sale. This was a little more literal that he was expecting, tongue in cheek as it were. The senator was not unattractive, and the cause certainly one that would generate good publicity. The adolescent Jedi might have thrown his own bid in, but for the rapid pace at which the bids escalated out of all reason or fiscal conservatorship.

The Zabrak was impressed, taking his leave of Sor-Jan as he made his way to another man in the crowd.

Someone familiar.

As he looked over, the teenage knight was presented by none other than [member="James Justice"]. Well, it appeared as though Corellia Digital wasn't the only company whoring for Republic affection. But Sor-Jan wasn't about to lob a half million credits into the wind. For one, he was in business to make credits, not lose them. Secondly, he had share holders to answer to.

Raising his glass, the young Anzat gave the shipping and security magnate a silent toast in salute of his bravado. James Justice was a fool. A likable fool, but a fool. Still, the notoriety played well and his business reflected that success.

As his eyes scanned the remainder of the crowd, he caught sight of someone who appeared to be in Jedi dress. Ah, the token Jedi Master. No doubt a member of the High Council. Where would the Order be but for politics and boot licking?

God save the Republic.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Objective:A/E

Both Kay and the emcee stood there on the stage with their mouths hanging open in shock after hearing [member="James Justice"] 's bid. Neither were expecting it. Was a dinner between friends worth that much? Only the bounties on her head had reached such levels. At least such high bids would stop any of those hunters from bidding. It was no longer worth their while.

The emcee cleared his throat to recover his voice and his composure, turning to [member="Darion Blackstaff"] , "Do you have a counter offer, Senator Blackstaff? Or does anyone else?" He focused on the entire room now, not wanting a chance to miss out on any other bids.

[member="Commander Lusk"] [member="Kaï Sargas"] [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] [member="Jordun Darko"] [member="Sofia Annesley"] [member="Mantic Dorn"] [member="Alyesa Organa"]

Objective A
Post 10/20

Mantic frowned. Sith massacre. The soldier had experienced more then met the eye.
Turning to her his eyes were filled with compassion.

"I am truly sorry to hear that lady [member="Sofia Annesley"] - the cruelties of the dark side knows no limit." he began with a low yet concerned voice.

"You are honoring your families memory well, they would be rpoud to have a daughter that holds such insights at your age."
With nothing else to offer as support he placed himself discretly so that he blocked as much as possible from her and the crowd.

"Take your time," he continued. "The past is not something we can change, but it does not mean we can or should neglect it at any price." he tried to comfort.

Objective A
Post 11/20

Darion sensed the many eyes observing him. Everyone loved a good auction. It was exciting yet harmless.

He smiled at them and spread his arms in an innocent gesture.

"I have met my match it seems. I yeld." He joked and got a few polite laughter's along with him as he did. It was perfect. The sum that [member="James Justice"] offered was so high that no one would consider it cheap or impolite to stand down by now. He had still gotten a few moments in the spot light, which was perfectly fine for Darion.

"Besides, the young need their chances." he continued and managed to draw yet a few more chuckles and blushes from the appreciative crowd. And by that he took a short, and to Darion painful bow, toward [member="Lady Kay"] and made sure the emcee noticed that he was withdrawing.

[member="James Justice"][member="Kaï Sargas"] [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] [member="Lady Kay"]

Objective: Security
Allies: Republic

Lusk didn't really grasp the concept of money all that well, as the second in command of the clone army he was paid well by Spaarti and the Republic. But that was a soldier's pay, he wasn't some extravagant and dashingly disheveled billionaire who could do accents like Tim Roth, and while he didn't know what this whole date thing was, he was certain that he wanted one. And when his mother had vanished after the republic had issued arrest warrants for her, she had left her favorite son with a sizable fortune. He wasn't Bill Gates or anything, but it was enough to at least spend on whatever this was. If it was to help the people he and his family had hurt, then it was all good with him.

"One million credits." Lusk said as he lifted the ladle of punch to his glass to pour his tenth glass.

"Did I do it right?" he asked to his sister on the com link.

"You have that sort of money?" The woman said through the comm link.

The man downed his drink and soon he might be able to take [member="Lady Kay"] out on this date people who didn't want to die alone were so found of. Or [member="James Justice"] could bid against the guy whose brothers and sisters he had killed and had recently buried, and also defended the planet of Chazwa from the Sith costing the lives of thousands on thousands of clones. You know the very same people he held in his arms while they died saving children from burning buildings.

Though that would be what was called a dick move.

Objective: Revise my original post completely be a graceful loser.

James had to blink, it was more than a raction to the dark horse entry--it allowed his contacts to run the man through facial recognition software--and come up empty handed. James growled under his breath, irritated with his faulty software--or the fact that this guy wasn't in the data-banks. It couldn't have been from lack of intel of course, he had made sure it was sliced from every known source. That left two thing: Either he was from some small world and certainly didn't have the money or--clone.

The idea made him shift uneasily. They had left a bitter taste in his mouth. True, they had been following orders. But how did that old saying go that James was so fond of? That's right: Kark your orders.

Sure, the soldier had been fighting to protect thousands from Sith--that was after he seized food stuff, businesses, and sent these very people out on their way as refugees. Some James himself had helped cloth and feed on his own dime that this clone and his "family" had The people he had impoverished. Enough.

The spacer smiled gracefully and gestured with his hand, "As you wish, sir."

He looked to the Zabrak and said with a wry smile, "All I do, I do to help those less fortunate than me. I only wish I could do more. After all, in this galaxy of greys, there be no moral high ground."

[member="Commander Lusk"]
[member="Mantic Dorn"]
[member="Kaï Sargas"]

Sofia appreciated [member="Mantic Dorn"] repositioning himself to block her from the crowd. She did not like showing weakness but when it came to her family, she could not control herself.

"Thank you. I know my motive for joining the Republic is not the best - I have been told that many times by my friends but I really do feel the best way to protect is to eliminate the Sith. Even if I die, as long as I stopped one child from having the life I've had after the death of my parents, it would be worth it." She spoke through her tears, clenching her fists tighter and tighter with each word digging her nails into her palms drawing blood.

"What is your motive for joining the Republic Master Dorn? To protect? To become a cause for change?" Sofia tried to change the subject as she wiped away her tears. She needed to get stronger to protect those who needed it. It was unbecoming of her to show weakness.

Objective A
Post 12/20

Watching as the auction came to an end Mantic drew a brief sigh of relief. It seemed [member="James Justice"] had won the election. Half a million credits and material to build two orphanages. That was a generous and most admirable bid.
Mantic knew [member="Lady Kay"] some from their previous adventures and he wondered if the man had any personal plans for this or if he simply was a generous sole wanting to help.
Either way, Mantic made a mental note about him. Somehow he recognized him as one that just might pop up here and there in the future.

He turned and faced [member="Sofia Annesley"]

“I serve the Republic and democracy as it is the duty of the jedi.” Tilting his head he pondered for a while.

We live in an imperfect world but I truly believe that among the powers that work in the galaxy the Republic has the best chance of brining order and justice. The close relation with the jedi have over the millennia’s safe guarded its body from too much dark side corruption and although a jedi can never root out the evil that can rest in any man, we can try to oppose the dark side of the force to spread its foul tentacles into the heart of this democratic body.”

“I guess I serve both out of duty and out of a personal belief that it is simply the right thing to do.”
Scratching his beard Mantic could not resist but address her vengefulness as they were talking.

“May I advise you to try and remain calm in your emotions? Hatred will fuel your spirit for a short moment but it will also dull your senses when you truly need them. I as a jedi have trained my entire life to avoid emotional outbursts. It is a truly hard task but in that aspect you as a soldier would benefit from keeping a cool head at all times.”

“ In that aspect, we are alike, as jedi and soldier.”

Sofia did not pay much attention to the what was going on around her. All thoughts of bidding on the business date was forgotten despite her strong desire to rebuild her father's company Anneslry Corp. Her emotions overwhelmed her.

"That is true. There is a certain amount of control that we, Jedi and soldier have to have over out emotions. Nothing good can come out of emotional outbursts, I understand yet I cannot rid myself of this hate so I have chosen to allow it to drive me. Some would even go so far as to say that I am lowering myself to Sith levels because of how strongly I hang on to my hate but it has been my reason to live. Had I not held on to this hate, I would have been dead long before I became an official member of the Republic." Sofia took a breath and calmed herself down. Whenever she spoke about the Sith, a strong surge of hate flowed through her body and was reflected in her voice. "Happy families are a painful sight for me. It reminds me of what I loss and I feel so jealous. I would give anything to have mine again."

Sofia looked down at the ground, she was ashamed of how she felt. She knew this was not the life her parents would have wanted for her but she couldn't do nothing, it would drive her crazy. Sofia was unable to move on unless could meet the one responsible and question him. For that man, she wanted to serve as his judge, jury and executioner.

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Objective A
Post 13/20

This was hard to approach for anyone. A jedi was no exception. The force could suck one dry with the mere surge of emotions like that. [member="Sofia Annesley"] was not a force user though and because of that she was not in need to control her emotions on the same level as he himself.
Mantic was however well versed in what hate could do to a person, force sensitive or not.

“I understand your feeling Lady Annesley.” Mantic tried with a serious expression.

“There is nothing unnatural with feeling hatred because of what you have endured. On the contrary, it makes perfect sense. From a natural perspective. But remember that if we lower ourselves to the standards of nature, we must also accept that might makes right. The strong will survive and the weak are rooted out, that is how nature functions in all its simply yet cruel state. “

“But…” he continued and raised a finger to underline what he was about to add to the reasoning. “… what we need to realize is that we are not animals. We have built a society over time that is in need for judgement that can raise itself over emotions.”
“Emotions make poor guides when leading or representing a nation and you are a Republic soldier, a nobility to that. You must learn to control your hatred and instead seek justice.”

“Justice can be found if we remain vigilant and oppose those who support the idea that might makes right.”

Sofia sighed, [member="Mantic Dorn"] was correct. She was a soldier and a member of nobility and acting in a manner that was driven by her emotions would reflect poorly both on herself and the Republic. She was so full of hate she forgot about the implications of her actions. Luckily the Jedi Master was the only person she had confinded her hatred of the Sith in.

"As a Jedi, you are an expert when it comes to controling some emotions so may I ask for your advice in regards to how one could better control their emotions. The Republic and my fmaily name are equally important to me and I would be most distressed were I to taint the reputation of either." She queried. The Jedi was right, she could not allow the hate to consume her. Should she allow it, she would be no better than the Sith. Were she force sensitive, Sofia would have become what she had hated most in the world - a Sith, driven by her anger and hatred.

The hate born of the tragedy had to earn with her. She could not allow th cycle to continue. As the Jedi said, she needed to seek justice. Even if she were to capture the person or people responsible, her had to be sent to trial and judged for his crimes and punished accordingly. Doing anything else would be allowing the Sith to win, spreading their hate and poisoning the minds of others.

Objective: E - Doing Our Own Thing.
Allies: [member="Corvus Raaf"]

Following her Master's gaze while considering who words, Ryiah to looked around at the surrounded area that was filled with the hurried and slowed activities of beasts and beings alike. Cocking her head slightly, drawing a mental map within her mind from the feelings she was getting from her hollow Montrals as sound echoed back at her. Lekku twitching slightly in thought and slight apprehension, this would be the first time that she would be learning something from someone who had embraced the Light, as Ryiah came to a decision.

"Telepathy is as good as anything, Corvus." Even with her restrained apprehension at how this lesson would actually go and hope that it would not include pain and punishment for each failure, Ryiah's clipped eagerness was obvious.

Looking around, her arms crossed against her chest, as if to restrain the multiple emotions that swirled within her as a maelstrom of feeling through physical action, Ryiah shuffled her bare feet across the ground, loving how it felt. "How do we start?"

Objective A
Post 14/20

She was naturally right. He had been controlling his emotions since a little boy. The force was a dangerous weapon to everyone when wielded without such heavy regulation. At least as far as Mantic was concerned.

“There is a difference in my approach on emotions, I have been tutored since a small child about these things. “ he looked down for a moment. Sometimes he wished that the force never had been a part of his life. There were much that was forbidden for him due to it. Yet, he had learned to live this life and even come to terms with the fact that his responsibilities outmatched his own inner desires. In fact, that was the most crucial part of it all.

“However, naturally I can try and help you if you seek techniques to hamper your emotions. Is that what you are asking for?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom