Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where the victims go we follow [GR dom over Azure]

Objective: E - Do your own thing.
Allies: [member="Corvus Raaf"]

Exiting from the ship she and a few and a few other Jedi had been cramped in a short distance behind her Master, Ryiah felt an almost full body shiver run through her. The feeling of a cool breeze rushing across her bared skin felt luxurious to the amethyst Togruta. Almost the entirety of her body was exposed, all in accordance to Ryiah's belief. She believed that Nature was not just a word that referred to the flora and fauna of a planet, but that Nature was a living deity, one that was tied to a planet's flora and fauna. Since becoming involved with the Force, her attitude to how she approach Nature changed as well. Her new belief was that Nature and the Force were two separate beings that had become so intertwined that communion with one led to a communion with the other. So, she bared as much of her body to the Force, which flowed all around her, to increase her communion with Nature.

A simple question broke Ryiah from her thoughts. Blinking lazily for a moment, Ryiah paused before turning to face her addressee, muscles tensed. However, when she realised that it was Corvus Raaf, her Master, that had addressed her, her body relaxed against as taunt muscles uncoiled. Corvus was the woman that Ryiah felt she owed her life and sanity to. It had been Corvus that had found her on Ord Mantell where she had fled after coming to the realisation what exactly her actions under a Dark Sider had been, her mind coming close to shattering. Corvus had been the one that helped her regain enough control that, even though Ryiah still felt the need to utilise emotional masks in such away and so much that it came close to her having multiple personalities, she was much more mentally stable.

Shaking herself, shocked that she had lost herself in thought again and worried that she had been silent for so long since Corvus first asked the question, Ryiah turned to face the human woman. Briefly, for a few seconds, Ryiah considered saying something flirty and perverted, considered assuming her more perverted emotional mask, but she held too much respect to Corvus for all she had done, that Ryiah found herself answering as her true self.

"If you're willing, Corvus," Ryiah had sworn after leaving slavery to never utter the word 'Master' again, "would you be up to discussing what you would be up to teaching me." Even though Ryiah kept her voice rather blank and neutral, woven into her accent was the ever present thirst to devour knowledge, to explore everything about everything.

[Post=2/20]
[Objective=Doing our own thing aka Freedom]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diYAc7gB-0A

Everyone wore a mask. It was just few realised it. Riyah actually was ahead of the game in this respect — she just hadn’t fully grasped it yet. Corvus herself had spent over twenty years suppressing all emotions. In part because she was a natural Empath and couldn’t cope with the overwhelming feelings that allowing access to her emotions promoted. And in part because it helped her to be a more efficient Jedi. But a worse person.

Now — only now — she was brave enough to embrace those emotions and remain a Jedi.

So the silence didn't bother Corvus. She half-expected it. Riyah would answer in her own time. Speaking again wouldn’t help matters. And she sensed that her Padawan was working on her own emotions, doing her utmost to portray the real person and not the façade she showed to so many. But there was no rush.

“There is never a single course of lessons. You’ll need to learn saber skills soon enough. And Force Abilities will present themselves as obvious choices the more we work together. But on that subject, we shall be working alongside each other. On missions. And we won’t always be able to speak. So how about we learn Telepathy? Here. It’s as good a place as any.”

She indicated a bench in the hangar they could sit on. It was a bustling place - full of people and animals. A perfect, if impromptu, classroom.

[member="Ryiah Tenriem"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Objective: A

Did [member="Mantic Dorn"] even notice her greeting? Hard to say. But maybe it was for the best, given where they were and the state of things. Perhaps her own situation would be dealt with after a new Supreme Chancellor was elected and the government was more stable. That would be the better option.

[member="Commander Lusk"] 's approach drew her out of her thoughts and she smiled at his fumble, hoping that it didn't look as though she seemed to be making fun of him. No doubt this was quite the different setting than he was used to. "Good evening, Commander...Lusk, is it? I certainly hope that I don't need a weapon. Well....it depends on how drunk some off our guests become. But I have faith in you and your team to ensure everyone's safety. Can I offer you anything to drink? There is some tasty punch available that won't inebriate you in any way."

More had arrived, some she knew but most that she didn't. So what she was planning could go one of two ways. Hopefully it would go the positive route.

She sipped her brandy and wondered what the Commander would do next. Kay knew very well that some people weren't comfortable speaking with politicians, but she wasn't always one. She had a huge respect for the military and the warriors that made up their ranks, though she would never do well in that kind of system. She was too reckless and lacked the right kind of discipline required. Kay was a rogue politician, spending most of her time in Hutt space freeing slaves or working on trade deals for Commenor. And of course there was the rumours of her being a Sith sympathizer, a sentiment that she didn't quite share.

Objective A : Making aquitance with [member="Jordun Darko."]

Post 1/20

Nearby:[member="Jordun Darko."]

Kaï had dressed up really nice for this occasion, he wanted to look his best, he felt shy in this rather big room filled with strangers. Kaï saw [member="Jordun Darko"] from the corner of his eye, He said to himself He seems like a nice guy. As he walked up to the stranger '' Hi there... I'm Kaï, having fun?''. He started dancing a bit, he was pretty good at it.

Objective A
Post 6/20

Mantic raised his head and nodded at [member="Jordun Darko"] passing by on the dance floor. He recognized the padawan from the days when the jedi still held their old temple on Ossus. It was nice to see that some jedi had managed to find their way in here.

As he was about to address [member="Sofia Annesley"] again he noticed [member="Lady Kay"] in the crowd. He saw her nervous behavior and tried yo offer her a reassuring face across the floor. The two had seen some complex adventures together and he too was unsure on how to proceed around that just yet.

As his attention returned to [member="Sofia Annesley"] he began with an apology.

"Excuse my poor manners, I noticed some familiar faces Lady Annesley." he said testing her title despite her request.

"Although I am afraid I can not offer any tricks but normal conversation." he winked.

"If you had been a padawan I would have expected to be addressed as master Dorn, we carry a heritage with titles. They are however less important then in the past and you may call me by my name of course."

"Since you brought it up, may I ask what your profession is?"

Post 4 of 20
Objective A: Charity and Good Relations for the Corellia Digital Company
Nearby: [member="Kaï Sargas"] | [member="Jordun Darko."]

The teen nodded as the dark-skinned man mentioned his holo-phone.

Tugging his sleeve back, the boy exposed the small wristlink that he wore. "Have you looked at the HoloLink?" the boy asked. Corellia Digital had a holo-phone as well, in combination with a mobile gaming device. But the HoloLink was the focus of their marketing of late. In the case of their contract with the Coalition, it even supplied a sonic hold-out weapon.

He hoped that the Republic weren't still toting around the Hush-98 for their communications. Of course, Sor-Jan had been guilty of that as well until recently.

As they were talking, a Zabrak walked up to the dark-skinned man. Did these two know each other?

Objective: Security
Allies: Republic

What was punch? Was it a threat? Was [member="Lady Kay"] going to punch him? A confused look washed up on Lusk's face as he had no idea what the senator was talking about, now Lusk wasn't dumb by any means. But he was only around eight years old and most of his life was spent in the Jungle's of Cartao doing commando training, so it was safe to say punch formats with the high school cheerleading team wasn't a thing. In fact this was the first party he had ever been to and he was already pretty lost in the whole non security aspect of everything.

"Yes, I am Commander Lusk of the Grand Clone army. What's a punch?" Lusk asked Lady Kay with genuine intent on learning what that was.

But before he could go any further in the exploration of whatever this punch was, he noticed how beautiful Kay was and his heart began to speed up again and he felt knots in his stomach. The hell was this crap?! Why did looking at her make him feel like that? Was it some kind of neurotoxin? A glamor set up by the force? Was Lady Kay some kind of force user trying to read his mind or kill him?! Lusk was trying not to freak out but the possibilities of what he felt was absolutely horrifying to him.

"You know what never mind, I would love one of theses punches." He said as he braced himself a bit for a potential punch in the face.

"As for drunken politicians we have a contingency to remove them and have them shot..." Lusk said with a completely serious voice letting there be a slight awkward pause.

"That was a joke." He said with a slight smile.

He still wasn't sure what was going on, but one thing was for sure, he was going to get to the bottom of it.

Kay-Larr

Objective:A

Kay blinked as [member="Commander Lusk"] didn't seem to know what punch was. He also seemed to be sweating a little. Was he nervous? Over what? Not from talking to her, surely. It wasn't as though she held much power over anyone. "It's a fruity drink, much like a juice. Follow me and I'll show you, Commander."

She took two steps before stopping short at his remark over removing politicians and having them shot. Her eyes widened as the look on his face and the tone of his voice gave her every reason to believe him. But then he put her at ease as he let on that it was a joke. Phew! Kay breathed a sigh of relief. "You sure fooled me. I bet that you are great at gambling games."

Kay led him to one of the buffet tables. She set down her brandy and picked up a fresh glass. Reaching for the ladle in the punch bowl, she poured him half a cup of punch then offered it to him. "I'm not sure if you like drinks that are sweet, but give it a try."

At least she wasn't the only one slightly nervous here. Atmospheres like this was something that she had grown used to. But what she had planned was so far out of her comfort zone and risky, it could all just backfire and she'd be made a fool of. Maybe she'll wait a few minutes longer. No harm in that.

Sofia too had spotted someone she recognized among the crowd. It was the Sergent in charge of her squad of all people. 'Ugh' she thought to herself as shw watched him enter the room. She was thankful that he had not spotted her.

"No need to apologise, it's perfectly fine. I also saw someone I recognized among the crowd." Sofia smiled, trying not to cringe at being addressed 'Lady Annesley'. That title belonged to her mother, not her. She was nothing like her mother.

"Well, it seems like a few of the guests are in for a little disappointement," Sofia briefly glanced at the guests she spoke of staring at her and [member="Mantic Dorn"], curious. "When I am not Lady Annesley, I serve the Republic Army as Private Annesley - which you may choose to address me as instead if you wish."

Sofia felt a sense of pride when she stated her Army Rank. Despite being of the lowest rank, becoming an official part of the Army was no easy feat. She had to past many tests before she was even accepted.

Edit: A word. Damn autocorrect.

Lusk was relieved to know the very pretty woman wasn't going to be hurting him with her fists, that would of definitely changed how he felt about her. And what exactly it was he felt was certainly strange, it was like he wanted to vomit, like he felt all twisted and felt blood rushing to places it had never gone before. He was almost sure she was some kind of sorceress and was trying to ensnare him in whatever this punch was.

"Fruit, I like fruit." Lusk said to himself as he approached the table with [member="Lady Kay"]

When she smiled in relief of his joke the man's heart lifted up and he felt like he was on cloud nine, and he had just finished running his physical fitness test with all perfect scores. It was simply magical, and he didn't remember a time he had ever felt this way. But then she mentioned gambling games, he knew what the word gamble meant but not the two words combined. Poker wasn't a thing in the clone army.

"They have those?" Lusk said as he stopped by the table and took the cup in his hand.

Looking down at the bright red liquid he inspected it for a moment, it didn't seem to be poisoned or filled with toxins, and if it was it seemed it was too late for him. Perhaps he was already poisoned with some sort of drug that made him feel like this, that made him look at Kay that made him want her. But want to do what? He had next to no idea what he wanted from her, all he knew was that he wanted to do things for her and when she handed him the punch he would drink.

"Here's to life then." Lusk said as he took a sip of the punch.

The fruity sugary sweet liquid hit his tongue with an explosion of sweetness and flavor he could not explain, as a child he had non fat soy ice cream once and that was kind of sweet, but whatever this was, it was nectar from the gods. He quickly downed the cup of sweet liquid and didn't know what to do, he wasn't sure what was happening but it was amazing. He looked over to the buffet attendant and spoke firmly and with excitement.

"You! Food provider! Your punch is most amazing, you should be proud of your culinary invention. I've never had anything like it, can I have another?" Lusk said to the servant who just sort of awkwardly stared at him.

"Um, thanks? And suurrre?" The man said as he backed away slowly.

"Senator Kay one moment, I have to tell my sister about this." Lusk said as he put a finger to his ear piece.

"Bullseye, have you tried the punch? It's marvelous!" Lusk said into his communicator.

"What's a punch?" was the only response.

Post 2 out of 20

Objective A: Making new friends

Kaï saw the confusion in the teen ( [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] ) who was talking with [member="Jordun Darko"] , so he felt that he should introduce himself to both of them '' Oh Hey! Sorry I didn't see you there... I'm Kaï Sargas, as you would probably know I'm new here, very pleased to meet you both''. He lifted his right hand towards [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] then to [member="Jordun Darko"] as a sign that he wanted a hand shake.

[member="Jordun Darko"]|[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

Kay-Larr

Objective:A/E

Kay smiled a little in amusement as [member="Commander Lusk"] seemed to be searching the cup of juice for a poison of some kind. It was odd for her to believe that he would think that she would do something like that. But maybe because of the coup, everyone was suspect for ulterior motives.

Her smiled widened as he first tasted it, then gulped it down quickly. Her smile turned to a light hearted laugh as Lusk proceeded to beam over the drink to one of the staff. "I'm glad you like it, Commander. I'll leave you to sharing it with your comrades. I hope that they enjoy it just as much. Of course if they don't....that'll leave more for you."

Kay lightly touched his arm as she excused herself and then headed over to the emcee of the evening. One of the songs playing was just about over, so she got his attention and whispered into his ear. The two of them conversed quietly for a moment or two.

Finally it was showtime. When the song ended, the charismatic emcee stepped to the front of the stage and turned on his mic. "Ladies and Gentleman, thank you for gracing us this evening with your presence, and your wallets." He grinned and winked, a flash of light reflecting on his teeth. "Now before the dancing continues we have a surprise auction." The emcee waved Kay to join him on the stage, which she did somewhat reluctantly. "Senator Kay has offered herself up for a business dinner date. Not only is she the Senator of Commenor, one of the Republic's largest trading worlds, a perfect world for any investor to grow their portfolios with, but....she's also single." Another one of his trademark grins and winks was given while Kay shot him a look that could easily be read as 'That wasn't in the script'. Yet he carried on. "All proceeds from this auction as with everything else this evening goes towards helping the refugees. So, the bidding for a dinner with Senator Kay starts at 1,000 credits. Do I have any opening bids?"

Kay looked out to anyone that was paying attention. Maybe no one was and she'd put the thousand credits in herself. But then that would be sad as the organizers of this event were hoping for a large number of funds to be raised by some of the wealthiest in the Republic.

[member="Mantic Dorn"] [member="Sofia Annesley"] [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] [member="Jordun Darko"] [member="James Justice"] [member="Kaï Sargas"]

Kaï was paying attention to the auction going on for a dinner with Senator Kay. When he heard the 1,000 credits, he immediatly started looking in his pockets for money and sadly only found 200 credits.... Damn it, it would of been nice having dinner with the senator.... Maybe not... but ohh well.

So there he was standing with 200 credits in his hands , then he putted the money back in his pockets.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Objective A
Post 7/20

Mantic listened as intently as possible to [member="Sofia Annesley"] making sure not to miss anything this time around.

"A soldier, I see." he pointed out, mostly to himself.

"I am honored for sure. these are troublesome time and the I know that the Republic army struggles against multiple foes." there was a true concern in the jedi's statement. He scratched his bearded chin somewhat peering at her curiously.

"I thought noble born would recieve a higher rank if they wished it. But perhaps you did not?"

At this the action of [member="Lady Kay"] began and Mantic turned his head.

Sighing he smiled at [member="Sofia Annesley"]
"Another noble, maybe you have met her? I doubt she is very comfortable with the situation either, much like you. But the duties has to be carried out. Let us hope she gets a fine date for this one."

Objective: E: Be a billionare philanthropist (kinda do A in the process)

James had been lurking in the crowd, mingling, biding his time. He was here because, well, he was wealthy and supported those who were less fortunate than him. He wanted them to have a better life and if it cost him a fortune, then it was the exact reason he had it and a few more, of course.

The spacer's traditional leather jacket hung his body, this time cleaner than normal. Under it he wore a white shimmersilk shirt with no tie. It was a dressy-casual look. He could rock it, and it suit his personality. Rebellious.

That was when he heard Lady Kay's entrance being announced on the auction floor. Well then, it was for a good cause after all, right?

"1,000," said a rodien not too far away.

James looked at the man and snorted. He knew the fella, a dirty scoundrel. One that was even worse than James himself. And a rival. What was he doing here? He couldn't let his friend fall into those slimmey hands.

"20k right here," James shouted with a wave.

The crowd gave a gasp, and the Rodien looked at James, eyes narrowing. Oh yes, he knew the spacer alright.

"40," shouted the Rodien.

The crowd gave a louder gasp.

James snorted. Ametuer. Time to show this fool how it was done, "Eighty, boss."

The shock was so real, it was palpitate.

"90," squealed James' opponent vindictively. His eyes were narrow and full of rage. The hunt was on, it was his genetics kicking in. But James would not be undone. He glared back, "One hundred thousand."

The look James gave was clear; bid again and your ships will never get off the ground again. The Rodien wisely withdrew.

"Sold," said the auctioneer at last.

James grinned, all for a good cause, of course.

[member="Mantic Dorn"]
[member="Kaï Sargas"]
[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Commander Lusk"]
[member="Sofia Annesley"]

"A high rank is worth naught if I did not earn it as it would cause issues among those under my command. My soldiers would not respect me which would cause many problems. Furthermore, I think it would be quite unfair that others who have worked hard fighting for the Republic for many years be skipped over for a well-deserved promotion so some unexperienced noble could be an incompetent leader." was Sofia reply to [member="Mantic Dorn"] when he enquired about her low rank.

Just as the last words left Sofia's lips, the emcee announced that a business date with [member="Lady Kay"] was going to be auctioned, starting at cr1000. 'How very interesting,' she thought to herself. The 'business date' might prove useful if Sofia wanted to revive and run one of her late father's businesses as a side project in honour of him. Sofia contemplated bidding on this 'date'. The investment only started at cr1000 - a petty sum.

When her family were slaughtered by the Sith, Sofia was left with quite a large inheritance, one that had not passed through the greedy hands of a 'guardian'. Her father – a smart man, ensured before his death, through the help of his connections, that Sofia was the only one with access to the family fortune after his death. An amount that she would receive in the form of a monthly stipend of cr2000 every week until her 21st birthday where she would receive the remainder of the fortune.

Sofia bit her lip. She was unsure of what to do. Her late father would have wanted her to and she could always hire help and to run the business while she oversaw its operations on paper. What to do? She attended social events like this Gala when invited because that was what her late mother would have wanted so, why not for the sake of her late father?

Objctive A
Post 7/20

Mantic nodded approvingly.

"You speak wisely lady Annesley."

"Titles and rank are more then just positions, they are symbols. From what I can gather your stance on your proffesional rank reflects well on your social one." he smiled and turned to stand next to her as the bidding started.

"As a soldier, how are you holding up in these chaotic times? The republic sure need brave men and women. I am humbled by your attitude."

He then noticed that her mind wandered toward [member="Lady Kay"] and he fell silent waiting to see if she would continue converse or join the bidding. Or both.

[member="Sofia Annesley"] [member="James Justice"]

"It's like this super sweet fruit type juice, I mean they say it's fruity but I don't taste any fruit. It's just sweet, and cold, and just so great, why didn't they have this on Cartao?!" Lusk asked in a serious tone, that was until [member="Lady Kay"] touched his arm and said some words that Lusk didn't quite hear due to his body going through what was next to shock at her small gesture.

"I don't know Lusk, budget cuts maybe? This punch sounds like it's for rich folk like these big wigs." Bullseye said back on the comms as she continued to scroll through data bases, but sadly her words fell on deaf ears as well.

The Clone stiffened at her touch and his heart all but dropped out of him, the clone's legs wobbled a bit and he felt like he was going to melt. She had touched him? Was that good? What did any of this mean? For more detail and insight into clone culture, they weren't exactly given "The Talk" about these sorts of things. This was due to a coed environment where Isard clones and Mantis clones lived, ate, bathed, and worked together at all times to create unity between all of them, a very starship troopers way of training. So clones were considered brother and sister to one another and weren't seen for their gender but for their actions, and if they had no idea what attraction and lust was as well as a good dose of meds in their food to suppress those thoughts in training, it all worked to create the perfect soldier.

There was no sexual assault, no incidents of misconduct, everything in that department was completely one hundred percent clear, but as the clones began to venture out into different parts of the galaxy and republic they would slowly have to learn what exactly love, lust, and romantic relationships were for themselves.

So when the auctioneer went up on the block to auction off a date with Lady Kay, it only brought up more confusion for Lusk at what exactly it was they were selling. Was Lady Kay being sold into slavery? Was she going to end up in some slave bikini sitting on top of a Hutt lord?

"Hey Bullseye, what's a date?" Lusk asked as he filled his glass again with this beloved punch.

"Well this admiral I was assigned to protect went on one this one time, and from what I gather it's a thing that normal people do when they don't want to die alone." Bullseye said as she kept going through information.

"But we all die alone?" Lusk said back to his sister as he downed the glass of punch.

"That's what I said, I guess when you get up in rank and age you take out young college girls to expensive places with little cloth napkins." The woman said back.

"Cloth napkins exist?"

"I'm busy Lusk, can you just go do your thing and I'll keep seeing if I can identify this kid." Bullseye said with an annoyed voice.

"Roger that." Lusk said as he poured yet another glass of punch.

"Um... You can have some food if you want too?" The attendant said with a awkward look on his face.

"Wait, you're saying I can just take this food?" Lusk said with genuine interest.

"Uh yeah, it's a buffet." The attendant said rather confused.

"What's a buffet?" Lusk asked the man.

"I'm going on break." the man simply walked away after that.

Objective A
Post 8/20

Darion was dressed in his ceremonial red robes signalling his high birth on Pengal. Moving with ease in the crowd he was very used and felt totally comfortable with the setting.

Having toasted with a few political allies, and enemies, he made his way toward the center stage and the auction.
He smirked s bit at the spectacle and spun his cup if wine trying to figure out if [member="Lady Kay"] was enjoying this or not.
She appeared uncomfortable but appearances decieved.

He raised a thin arm.
"150 000 credits," he declared with a thin smile at [member="James Justice"]
He did not recognize the young man but there was no reason why one should not be generous at the event. Publicity in whatever form, was always good.

[member="Commander Lusk"] [member="Kaï Sargas"] [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] [member="Jordun Darko."]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom