Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where are the Invasion rule changes our members wanted in a landslide voting poll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[member="Allyson Locke"] [member="Arekk"] [member="Jamie Pyne"] [member="Matsu Xiangu"] [member="Nadja Keto"] [member="Samka Derith"] [member="Tefka"] [member="Therran Graush"] [member="Valiens Nantaris"] [member="Vela Kryss"] [member="Yarva Adisu"] [member="Zeradias Mant"]

Whatever happened to those invasion changes that got a majority of the boards approval?

This one here: Where 39 members voted in a staggering majority vote that details that change is needed.

Where is this change? This poll was posted by [member="Valiens Nantaris"] on February 5, 2018. How soon will it be before we see these changes in action?

VICTORY CONDITIONS

The following will be considered when judging an Invasion.
  1. Presence. Based on the participating characters, which faction demonstrated a greater presence throughout the course of the invasion? This should be measured by steady, active responses by those involved, not the total number of participants or number of total posts. Similarly, of those participating, were any conflicts between writers that arose handled in a professional manner?
  2. Story. Invasions are conflict. Whether through war or diplomacy, those involved will gain and lose. When it comes to judging the story of an invasion, a victor will not be decided solely based on who ticks the most boxes in terms of duel victories, or buildings captured, but by the merit of the story as a whole. Which faction wrote their victories and defeats most consistently? Their strengths and weaknesses? Which faction explored and expanded upon the lore surrounding them? From a general overview, which faction unfolded their story at a steady pace to its climax and inevitable denouement? Victory cannot be achieved without actively engaging and collaborating with the opposing faction.
  3. Rallying. During an invasion there will be climactic events. Perhaps a fleet's dreadnought has just been destroyed, how well do the characters belonging to the faction on the receiving side rally together to handle these crippling moments? How do the members of the opposing faction take advantage of their successes while continuing to push forward? This objective ties directly into the story, but is deserving of a closer review of each side during these key moments.

If you want invasion rules to change -- post your question here as well. I love the likes, but the staff need to see that we are serious! [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Asha Hex"]

Where are the invasion rule changes?

[member="Cira"]

But likes are my reason to be on the site. :D

On a more serious level, I've been asking myself the same question. Changes were proposed, various issues with the present invasion system and with the proposed changes were brought up in the thread. I'll admit I'm on the fence regarding the proposal, since the changes do not seem radical enough to me. However, a majority voted for some form of change.

Now apparently Diplomacy rules were overhauled. That's nice and dandy...but there are far more invasions on the board than Diplomacy threads. :D So will we hear anything about this or has the idea been put aside? Or are changes still being discussed because a variety of critical points were raised regarding the proposal in question?

I'm aware of the post [member="Valiens Nantaris"] made. But he made it a long time ago. Namely more than two weeks.

[member="Rolf Amsel"] [member="Allyson Locke"] [member="Arekk"] [member="Jamie Pyne"] [member="Matsu Xiangu"] [member="Nadja Keto"] [member="Samka Derith"] [member="Tefka"] [member="Therran Graush"] [member="Valiens Nantaris"] [member="Vela Kryss"] [member="Yarva Adisu"] [member="Zeradias Mant"]

Great, what is the timeline? What is the update?

How soon before the changes are in effect?

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
A vast majority of the board already voted yes on changes as they were proposed. I'm not really sure why the rules can't go through and then be changed after a run of invasions to actually optimize them.

[member="Cira"]

What sorta catnip are you taking? Because I want some.

For real, cool it with the incessant tagging. Half those staff are probably not even privy to the decisions process. Tagging them here, and on discord does nothing but aggravate people. This is a hobby. Not some retail job where the customer is always right.

[member="Robogeber"]

No catnip but skittles works wonders at the early hours of the morning!

Nonetheless, to your inquiry on tagging, I ask because, after four years of being a chaos admin, I know what happens. I know exactly how this works out.

The staff go gungo with change and then they get busy and then they forget to keep the discussions going. I had to the the same thing and ask them when I was an admin to please keep on it so that such changes can go into effect.

It isn't to be rude, it is because I know that the admins and the RPJ's are all a part of this discussion, and odds are, if it hasn't come out yet, it is because someone needs to poke them to please get back into the discussion.

[member="Robogeber"]

The beauty about tagging is you can just click that little red number and it all goes away.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Probably because the second highest vote was for yes with modification - so staff are maybe combing through that? But yeah, 70% of votes were for yes, so I'm not really seeing why it couldn't just be pushed through with the concession that things might be modified/fixed later down the road.

21770412.gif
:p

Fiolette Fortan

F
[member="Cira"]

IIRC, it was all yes for changes but we didn't like the 'rallying' portion and made suggestions to change that into something else or have it reworded.

Cira said:
[member="Robogeber"]

No catnip but skittles works wonders at the early hours of the morning!

Nonetheless, to your inquiry on tagging, I ask because, after four years of being a chaos admin, I know what happens. I know exactly how this works out.

The staff go gungo with change and then they get busy and then they forget to keep the discussions going. I had to the the same thing and ask them when I was an admin to please keep on it so that such changes can go into effect.

It isn't to be rude, it is because I know that the admins and the RPJ's are all a part of this discussion, and odds are, if it hasn't come out yet, it is because someone needs to poke them to please get back into the discussion.
I was there.

Can confirm.

Staff gets busy/distracted/forgetful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom